Discontinued The Venus Apollo

Namaja

Hi everyone, i've read all the the 57 pages carefully and now this is it, i've ordered my Apollo! Really excited to put my hands on it. This gonna be my first vape.

PS : just wanted to ask, do you guys think this is safe to try it with some good hash? as the air path only goes through the glass tube, i was thinking this is possible to try it without damaging the unit

sickmanfraud

Hi everyone, i've read all the the 57 pages carefully and now this is it, i've ordered my Apollo! Really excited to put my hands on it. This gonna be my first vape.

PS : just wanted to ask, do you guys think this is safe to try it with some good hash? as the air path only goes through the glass tube, i was thinking this is possible to try it without damaging the unit

Welcome to FC. I see this is your first post.

Enjoy your new Apollo. Please share your experiences once your Apollo arrives.

Sonicboom1991

One advices come to my mind for new Apollo users.

I recommend placing the herb chamber in place after preheating. Affect the taste of a lot :)

the device has saved amount of grass if compared times when i burning my weed.

I haven't smoked since that purchase Apollo.
Lungs have been much better

I have noticed that too! I have also been experimenting skipping the heat up and sort of using it like a milaana with the boost button. As a medical user I have also been just leaving the bowl in for the full heat up and getting really fast extraction. Might I ask what temperatures settings you like using?

AtomicPB

Hey, i just received my Apollo! Unfortunatley, there is no user manual. Where can i find one?

In the past @villekille2 provided some instructions/user manual. Without instructions it is not that easy to use the Apollo.

I have the Apollo v1 and as I understood the v2 is controlled slightly different.

To start it you have to touch the upper "button", if the light turns on you slide from bottom to top and then from top to bottom. Then the Apollo will start heating. After it is done heating, you will get some feedback.

For adjusting the temperature level you can slide your finger up or down. The amount of blinks shows the temperature level (ie 4 blinks is level 4).

Somewhere in this thread a user posted instructions but I am in a little hurry right now, so that I can not look it up. As far as I know those instructions are for the v1 Apollo, so I am not even sure if they are useful to you.

But I bet @villekille2 will deliver instructions if you tell him that your manual is missing.

I will check back later on and try to find the post with the instructions.

I hope you have a chance to enjoy your Apollo until then. Let us know how you like it.

Edit:
Could not help but look it up directly. :)

Check this post it might help you to start until @villekille2 gets back to you.

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/the-venus-apollo.17905/page-38#post-965294

Last edited:

Poostuff

Please delete
I’ve only had a few days to use mine but I haven’t been shy with the temperature or heat up time & it’s already pumping out the vapour.
This thing is awesome, it has quite a bit of power that you can access quickly.
It was all very easy, using the new cooling tube with the high performance chamber I was able to get nice fat clouds on just my second try.
I haven’t activated the HerbSense feature yet I’ve just been using the higher temperatures 8 - 9 with the preset warm up. Once heated I’m giving it another minute or so & hitting the boost as I draw. This has been consistently giving me 3 huge draws from each bowl with smooth vapour & big clouds.
I did loosen the bolt in the cooling tube, then close the holes a little to increase draw restriction & thicken the vapour because the draw was too open for me (never thought I’d say that :)).
I’m not sure how easy it is to use with the standard set up yet, I’ve had a few attempts with varied results so I’ve put that aside & I’m sticking with the cooling unit for now.
Both chambers work well with the cooling unit, the high performance one is thinner so obviously it takes less heat up time & cools faster.

Battery life seems excellent especially for the temperatures I’m running, looks like there’s no low voltage cutoff so it’s up to you to keep an eye on that.
The button top batteries included seem great, I can’t tell what size or brand they are but I have some very old 2250 Efest button tops that worked while the included ones were charging.

Water adapter was easy to mod :tup:

I’ve combusted once but that was my fault as I had the cooling unit pressing on the load too hard compressing it & blocking the air flow.

The only other issue I’ve had is the glass tube seems to be a little difficult to insert & remove in mine. It sometimes gets stuck halfway down where it meets the metal insert & I’ve already chipped one trying to force it in so I’m being careful with the other.
It does vibrate a lot but that’s how you know what setting you’re on, 6 vibrations for setting 6 etc. I’m not sure if you can turn that off or not.

If you’re buying one grab the cooling unit & I’d probably ask if you can get some spare o-rings with it, I’m definitely going to need some in the future.

I guess they’re my first impressions but like I said I haven’t finished exploring all the functions yet.
In the short time I’ve used it it’s been great & I’ve been getting consistently huge hits on the higher settings which is what I was hoping for.
The Apollo is unique, aesthetically pleasing but also very functional & so far for me it’s a winner.

I have noticed that too! I have also been experimenting skipping the heat up and sort of using it like a milaana with the boost button. As a medical user I have also been just leaving the bowl in for the full heat up and getting really fast extraction. Might I ask what temperatures settings you like using?

I use the power range six to ten. Ten really just for hasis cake vapor. I haven`t use lower power range. Maybe it give less sedative vapor for example early morning use.

I changed strain indica-dominant hybrid. With this I use power range of two to five. Higher power I'll go too stoned which is a disadvantage for everyday life. I am medical user.

Does anyone know how HerbSense will work practically? I try it, but it is very difficult to say what's difference between normal mode and HerbSense.

surely villekille2 can tell us how that effect Apollo.

If I have earlier selected power 7 and I start Apollo again to enables herbsense which decrease in temperature if I do not press "boost" button.

How down algorithm drop power for example if baseline is "7" power and how fast it increase when I press boost?

It would be good to know how the setting works so people would use it more.
As such a feature is in Apollo 2 :)

Sonicboom1991

I changed strain indica-dominant hybrid. With this I use power range of two to five. Higher power I'll go too stoned which is a disadvantage for everyday life. I am medical user.

Does anyone know how HerbSense will work practically? I try it, but it is very difficult to say what's difference between normal mode and HerbSense.

surely villekille2 can tell us how that effect Apollo.

If I have earlier selected power 7 and I start Apollo again to enables herbsense which decrease in temperature if I do not press "boost" button.

How down algorithm drop power for example if baseline is "7" power and how fast it increase when I press boost?

It would be good to know how the setting works so people would use it more.
As such a feature is in Apollo 2 :)

I'm a medical user too! I have been using temp 4-6 during the day (4 for the morning,5 for afternoon, and 6 for after hours) and 7+ at night.

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Hey guys...just got one of these in and managed to break the glass tube just as I was about to get serious with it. I've got a stock of them ordered so I don't run into that problem again. Quick question for you Apollo vets out there...Is it possible to create different heating profiles, like the Pax 3, for flavor and clouds, etc, that make a noticeable difference? I'm thinking something like this:

flavor: heat up time 30 seconds (or whatever is short enough) without bowl, power level 3

clouds: heat up time 90 seconds with bowl, power level 4

What do you think? I think the control scheme is too deep for market acceptance. But I think it would help if we could add three or four profiles the user could choose from that make dialing in different sessions easy out of the gate. At a minimum, it would be cool to offer some tried and true settings to get started with.

Andreaerdna

If God is the answer, then the question is wrong
I think this could be usefull

Times ago I asked to @villekille2 something similar

I asked him if it could be possible to set 2 warm up time
1 starting from cold
2 reloading (use with friends with the vape already warm)

He says it could be implemented but your idea is more interesting

Have you an Apollo I or II?

AtomicPB

@stickstones I own the Apollo v1 which had a slightly different software as I understood.

With the Apollo v1 it is possible to configure two different heat-up times. While starting you either leave it alone and the main heat setting is used or you "push" the middle button and an alternative setting is used.

I found that quite usefull before I had the cooling unit. When I used the Apollo through water I chose a long heat-up time without the chamber inserted while heating for some proper clouds and when I used it native, I chose a shorter heat-up and left the chamber inserted. Both heat-up times were adjustable for the v1.

On another note. I can really recommend the set with cooling unit and the high performance chamber from @villekille2 . I ordered the set right before Christmas and @villekille2 did a great job and sent the set really fast in an envelope to save me shipping costs. Which was really awesome of him.

I really like the smoother vapor and the added draw-resistance from the cooling unit. I can finish a bowl in about 5 draws now. The Apollo has a very unique signature to it, which I like but I had to get used to it. The turn somehow sneaks up on you but hits hard ... at least that is how my GF and me experience it.

Eventhough I really like my Apollo it is not getting as much use as other vapes. I guess it is a mix of being less convenient than other vapes in terms of heat-up time and that the bowl is finished so fast. I think the long wait for it to be ready (I let it pre-heat for 3 Minutes before inserting the chamber) and the fast extraction somehow irritates me as I naturally would expect a longer session. But that is probably just me.

I think @villekille2 made some nice updates with the new v2 Apollo, the cooling unit and the high performance chamber. One change is the height of the batterie lid so that you can get a better grip on it (as was suggested by members here). I mention that here because Ville was nice enough to make me a very good price for an upgrade kit which I installed to benefit from the new lid (since the thread is a little different, I had to change the upper plate and for optics also the lower one). And he also told me exactly how to install everything.

All in all the Apollo is quite a nice unit which I like to use in those special moments when I want something different. As a daily driver I normally use my Omnivap or the Fury2 (when the Fury2 is availlable since the GF stole it), because they are so super easy to use especially @Pipes induction heater makes the Omni just super convenient.

Top Bottom