• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued The Venus Apollo

Andreaerdna

If God is the answer, then the question is wrong
Those warm up times were just examples. I haven't tried them out yet...but I think we should nail down some good starting points for people!

Ok, i think over 50 secs charring is a risk

for sessioning I can almost avoid warm up time (around 10 secs) and 5 on heat, press boost while hitting, it is a stairway of concentration in vapor starting terpy and thin and going thicker and toasted in around 10 hits

Edit: apollo2 / 50w

Last edited:

Poostuff

Please delete
There were no options for globes on the site so I asked for the 50w when I ordered & bought 3 spare but mine are all 20w.
Apparently the flavour is better with the 20w & the heat up time is better with the 50w.
I notice the flavour is distinctly better in some vaporizers than others but I’m not a flavour chaser because everything tastes better than combustion to me.
I like to mostly vape at higher temperatures & am happy to sacrifice a little flavour for what I feel is more satisfying vapour.

Quickest heat up for me with the 20w bulbs is just over 4 minutes. I set the Apollo to 10, let it heat cycle once which is 2 minutes, let it sit another 2 then use boost as I draw.
Or I run it through two heat cycles on 10 then I don’t need boost while drawing.
If I’m using the heavy duty bowl double that time.
I have had some great results with the heavy duty chamber but I’ve had to pack it full to the lid.
It is super hard to remove & has an enormous bowl so the performance chamber with the cooling tube is what everyone will prefer.
I have now chipped the ends on both my glass tubes which is a little worrying, plus I’m not a glass breaker so I’m not sure how it’s happening.
You guys have now got me wanting to try the 50w bulb so I’ll see if I can get one locally this weekend.
Does anyone know what another use for the globes would be, that would make them easier to find.

Andreaerdna

Apollo is the only vape I use since few days and I am not upset not being able to use my logs

Had a blast.
Loaded half bowl and start heating around 15secs? Realized I forgot to put basket screen on top of the load (as I am not using cooling unit) so stop everything take off chamber, put the lid and put back in again

I forgot to cut out preheating (45secs) and what I got was a so thick hit that it felt like old Marlboro menthol, feeling cold in the throat.

The sequent feeling was intense too :ko:

Load was very dark but not charred black

GTAVaper

I am using the V1 Apollo with a 50w bulb and I use a preheat time of 35 seconds and have the power level at minimum setting. After the 35s preheat time, I use 110% boost setting while drawing to raise temps until I get vapour to almost the consistency that I want and then release and it will still thicken up afterwards due to the thermal mass of the bottom of the original chamber being used to bridge between a 19mm male joint and the SS heater shroud.

Keep drawing with the boost off to help cool the chamber so that your material stays fresh and if you don't plan on going back immediately to take another draw then you can also just lift the tube away from the heater shroud while the Apollo is still sitting on top of your water piece to create a small air gap. This will mean that you might have to boost for maybe 20s when returning for another draw if you leave the unit on .....or alternatively if you shut down right after your last draw then creating the air gap helps preserve your material taste for your next session.

What I find really working well for me is to take a small piece of frozen honey oil/shatter from the freezer and warm in my hands and stretch it until it thins out like taffy then lay it on parchment paper and cut little pieces a little small diameter than my 19mm chamber and then place it at the top of an almost full chamber and then cover with a little more material. I then store the thin precut pieces in the freezer to use whenever I want to bump up the potency of a bowl and that I can also easily handle these thin pieces with a dental pick to help load the chamber since that way it is less likely to warm up and stick to my fingers when placing it within the 19mm bowl.

This way the bulk of the herb puck is below the thin layer of shatter and will melt down into that but you have to be careful when doing this because it changes the parameters of the draw completely and you can go that much longer without combusting.....until you push it a bit too far and find that the oil is gone and the herb is too dry to take any more heat without igniting. This usually happens when you come back to the same bowl in multiple sessions.

I believe that when I was using the 20w bulb I had a 3:30 heat up time ......left the power on 5-6 and then kept boosting whenever drawing....or increasing the power if taking back to back continuous draws.

I also have the 19mm stem attached to the Apollo tube with silicone sleeves that wrap around the 19mm stems and give a strong friction fit with the Apollo tube (just push and twist) and have another 19mm stem on the other side of the tube so that I can hook it up to a female 19mm connection on a water piper......or just use the overall longer modded Apollo tube to help with cooling when I don't use water with the Apollo.

Using the Apollo dry is rare for me as it works so well through glass and there is no way that I could take the kind of vapour volume that this vape produces without using a water pipe.....when I use it dry I keep temps low and boost as I draw until the heat is not so uncomfortable - it extracts much more slowly this way and it can be used as a session vape .....but the strength of this vape IMHO is for very quick extractions through water.

Last edited:

AtomicPB

Just hit the Apollo (v1) after a two week break and I am totally blown to space ... huge clouds, great clean taste and the nice wood optic really are making this device amazing.

The set including the cooling unit and the high performance chamber are really worth it. The added draw resistance makes it much easier to produce huge great tasting clouds.

Just had to write this right now. :sherlock::freak:

Andreaerdna

Just hit the Apollo (v1) after a two week break and I am totally blown to space ... huge clouds, great clean taste and the nice wood optic really are making this device amazing.

The set including the cooling unit and the high performance chamber are really worth it. The added draw resistance makes it much easier to produce huge great tasting clouds.

Just had to write this right now. :sherlock::freak:

Had similar happening starting from the other side
I use almost exclusively apollo (V2 @50W) these days and I got so used to free draw that I started to draw too strong

Was wondering if there was some weak point arising as clouds were less thick, when I tryied to reduce airflow hits were massive once again

Someting I noticed though is that load got extracted and delivered both way, maybe it was even stronger in effect when used with strong draw

Love this device both style and performances

Last edited:

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I'm back in business! Got my glass tube yesterday...thanks @villekille2 !

So I've got the Apollo 2 and I think that's the 50w bulb, right?

Right now I have the heat up time set to 30 seconds, which was as low as I could get it to go. Loading light for testing...I'll start weighing, but I'm getting one massive hit and another big hit on 4 and then little else afterwards. I get a little more than that on 8. I thought I was going to need more preheat to get all the vapor out of it. It's funny that it doesn't seem to matter which temp I use, I get a couple of massive hits and nothing more, even if I bump up the temp. I wonder if that will change when I start packing more, or if that will just be a couple of more intense hits. Any of you guys using this for lazy sessions where you get multiple hits off a single load?

The massive air flow to go along with the heat to match are amazing with this thing. I'm sure I could find some things wrong with this vape, starting with the large size for a portable, but at the end of the day it hits like nothing else I have that's portable. I'm just getting started, but it feels like the Glass Symphony of portables...huge one to two hit extraction with what feels like unlimited air flow.

Now let's start formulating some different hit profiles with the preheat and temp combos.

Oh yeah...I haven't even touched all that boost can do yet...this vape is fun!

Another thing...I like the rough wood feel. It's rustic and unique in the vape world!

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
I'm back in business! Got my glass tube yesterday...thanks @villekille2 !

So I've got the Apollo 2 and I think that's the 50w bulb, right?

Right now I have the heat up time set to 30 seconds, which was as low as I could get it to go. Loading light for testing...I'll start weighing, but I'm getting one massive hit and another big hit on 4 and then little else afterwards. I get a little more than that on 8. I thought I was going to need more preheat to get all the vapor out of it. It's funny that it doesn't seem to matter which temp I use, I get a couple of massive hits and nothing more, even if I bump up the temp. I wonder if that will change when I start packing more, or if that will just be a couple of more intense hits. Any of you guys using this for lazy sessions where you get multiple hits off a single load?

The massive air flow to go along with the heat to match are amazing with this thing. I'm sure I could find some things wrong with this vape, starting with the large size for a portable, but at the end of the day it hits like nothing else I have that's portable. I'm just getting started, but it feels like the Glass Symphony of portables...huge one to two hit extraction with what feels like unlimited air flow.

Now let's start formulating some different hit profiles with the preheat and temp combos.

Oh yeah...I haven't even touched all that boost can do yet...this vape is fun!

Another thing...I like the rough wood feel. It's rustic and unique in the vape world!
Start on 2 for longer sessions. The A2 is a monster with the 50watter.:nod:

Andreaerdna

I tried to set mine to 10 seconds, but it won’t go lower than 30. How’d you get it so low? Have you timed the length of warmup to confirm?

I cut it off while doing standard preheat, i didn’t try to set it in memory TBH

My preheat is 45secs i believe, when i want to sip I count to ten and then keep boost button “pushed”, this cut out preheating mode

Edit: IIRC you should be able to set it lower than 30 seconds (you have to wait the end of boost mode option which lasts 10/15secs; @villekille2 can maybe enligthen us about it)

Last edited:

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
I cut it off while doing standard preheat, i didn’t try to set it in memory TBH

My preheat is 45secs i believe, when i want to sip I count to ten and then keep boost button “pushed”, this cut out preheating mode
Correct. Usually if I do back to back bowls and the unit is already warmed up I’ll press the boost button during the second warm up and hold it to take it right to vape mode. Or else I risk combustion with double-dip heat soak.:tup:

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I ran several loads through it last night and got results all over the map, as expected. I went from 30 to 45 second preheats and danced around the entire temp spectrum. Tried different sized bowl loads and even started boosting! The only thing I haven't touched yet is the air flow adjustment. But I love how open it is so I probably won't touch that for a long time.

My favorite sessions were with a 40 second preheat and temp 3. After a couple of full hits there I took it to 7 - 10 and added boost when needed. That upper level boost was getting me a couple of extra hits. Those hits on 3, though!

I think I want to get the preheat around 35 to 38 seconds next time. One thing I'm having to get used to is how the vapor is spread across session hits. Normally the first hit is wispy and then I get four or five good hits before trailing off with other portables. With this one it's very front loaded! I get two huge hits at first and then it tapers off until I get enough added heat in there to do more damage.

I'm curious to see how different the vapor and effects are when we start doing things like comparing a 30 second preheat with a temp 4 setting versus a 45 second preheat with a 2 temp setting...stuff like that. How much different is a very preheated load at low temp compared to a barely preheated load at high temp? This vape is fun!

Andreaerdna

I ran several loads through it last night and got results all over the map, as expected. I went from 30 to 45 second preheats and danced around the entire temp spectrum. Tried different sized bowl loads and even started boosting! The only thing I haven't touched yet is the air flow adjustment. But I love how open it is so I probably won't touch that for a long time.

My favorite sessions were with a 40 second preheat and temp 3. After a couple of full hits there I took it to 7 - 10 and added boost when needed. That upper level boost was getting me a couple of extra hits. Those hits on 3, though!

I think I want to get the preheat around 35 to 38 seconds next time. One thing I'm having to get used to is how the vapor is spread across session hits. Normally the first hit is wispy and then I get four or five good hits before trailing off with other portables. With this one it's very front loaded! I get two huge hits at first and then it tapers off until I get enough added heat in there to do more damage.

I'm curious to see how different the vapor and effects are when we start doing things like comparing a 30 second preheat with a temp 4 setting versus a 45 second preheat with a 2 temp setting...stuff like that. How much different is a very preheated load at low temp compared to a barely preheated load at high temp? This vape is fun!

I think with v2 @50w, with a medium long preheat (40-45 sec) you have everything at temp and only your draw determine how many puffs
once well preheated, temp settings play very minor role as almost everything is extracted at first draw thanks to the heat preheat delivers

To play with temp stepping cutting preheat to very minimum (10 secs) is necessary IME

Last edited:

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I think with v2 @50w, with a medium long preheat (40-45 sec) you have everything at temp and only your draw determine how many puffs
once well preheated, temp settings play very minor role as almost everything is extracted at first draw thanks to the heat preheat delivers

To play with temp stepping cutting preheat to very minimum (10 secs) is necessary IME

That sounds about right. What I'm enjoying right now is the ability to extract most of everything in one draw. For that, I'm looking for the perfect heat up and temp to go along with my huff to get it all in one tasty hit before moving up the temp chain. Got is set to 37ish seconds preheat now, but I like that I can cut it short for testing...thanks for that tip!

What boost setting do you guys use? any tweaking going on, or just the stock setting?

Andreaerdna

ballsy! have you combusted yet?

Ballsy was to load the bowl up to the top and prove to myself that “more is more” :ko:

Had 2 combustion events so far, both first days, IIRC both while reloading and forgetting to cut out preheat on an already hot device

When you keep boost pushed it vibrates one time when you first push button but also after 10ish seconds of boost time there is a second vibration (i usualy let boost go then and finish my hit without boost

At least in winter it seems very difficult to combust IME, if you do not want it at least :disgust:
Probably this summer I will pay more attention and lower settings a bit though

stickstones

Vapor concierge
so you're hitting boost after the first vibration or the second?

Best session yet...37 seconds preheat, Temp 5, 0.1 grams, long deep breath. huge clouds and good taste. max boost to finish it off. maybe 5 hits total - 3 on temp and 2 on boost.

EDIT:
Did a session with no preheat and no waiting on temp 10 and got nothing.

Top Bottom