Discontinued The Venus Apollo

villekille2

Manufacturer
if you leave the CU level with the glass tube, then it is basically similar as the original chamber which had a separate cap on top. I find it myself easiest to spend a moment to check a couple of positions for the CU, and maybe use a permanent marker to put a couple of lines near the bottom of the glass tube, that you then align with the lowest cooling plate, for example one line for micro dose, one for 1/3 chamber, and one for 1/2 chamber.

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Phew, finally got some batteries for this sucker and got it working.

Looking forward to running a full session. Is it best to fill the oven? Loose? Half full?

Still trying to plan out a few accessories for the vape, I really want to get started on a leather case though since this vape needs a sexy case for transport/storage.

But I'm debating what else the case needs? Should it be a slim leather case for the vape itself? Spare battery slots? Doob Tube Slots? Just a big pouch for extra storage? So many options.

stickstones

Vapor concierge
right on @Ratchett ! Have fun!

I like the finish of the unit, so I wouldn't rush out and get a case unless it solved some of the things I don't like such as:

- something to cover the hot bowl while in use so I don't burn myself
- something to cover the controls during a session that won't register touches.

When I share this vape with someone, I set it up and pass it ready to hit. But I like to hand it to them so that they are only touching the top part above the controls so they don't change something or touch the hot bowl. A case that covered those up would be sweet, imo!

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
@Ratchett nice to hear that! Why not 2 different leather sleeves? On pure one just for the VA and a 2nd one also with some storage for replacement bats, brush, poking tool, stash (better one JyARz than 2 doobtubes), stable STAND and stable, not out of the wobbly material, WT ADAPTER.
Bold ones have to be made by Delta3Dsolutions :wave:

Would like to discuss design of leather sleeves here openly. Please share drawings of your designs in progress for brainstorming.

Yep, and a bundle discount would be awesome ;)

Zementos

Nah, not that I know of. Already thought about going through the thread making a spreadsheet or something with different heat up times, heat lvls etc used.
Really starting to love the Apollo, but still havent figured it out completely.
Most important things imo are, in that order: heat up time, draw speed and then heat lvl. At first I was drawing waay too slow because I thought I had to compensate for the almost unrestricted airflow. Managed to scorch a load that way on the first pull on heat lvl 3(!) after a 40s heat up. Could have been because of tamp though.

For a comparison: heat lvl 6, both 30s heat up. Left "normal" draw, right slow draw
32023498ss.jpg

@stickstones
You did the test with the probe. I think I dont understand everything you wrote. When exactly does the temp shoot up? While drawing or afterwards?

Last edited:
@Fission you can also get tiny magnets that in effect make a flat top to a button top.

if you bought a flat top battery you should try magnets which are intended for the ends of the batteries.

Like this - Change Flat Top Battery to Button Top - 18650, 18350 Button Top Magnet.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/18650-1835...907739?hash=item3adb555c9b:g:ERIAAOSw32lYsp~T

I'm happy with the case where only device fits.
If extra batteries and bowls come whit in case, I would keep it in a vain storage space :/

@A to the K

Here is a post from @villekille2 where he states which sockets fit. It is for the Apollo v1 as far as I know, so I am not sure if this is valid for the Apollo v2 as well.

Has anyone tried to replace original bulb 20w with the 35w ?? Just out of curiosity :)
the socket outlet is G5.3 not G4 which is too small to fit the socket.

Because the batteries in series are connected, i believe that lamp operation voltage is 12 volts.

6 volts bulbs whit G5.3 socket can not be found anywhere not 20w or 35w version.

Mainly interested because I want to try harder temperature whit 25 mircon bubble has. Loove it :):):)

villekille2

Manufacturer
You can use also G6.35 socket. 6V is the operation voltage. There are 10, 20, 35 and 50W bulbs available online at least. But the 50W bulb I don't recommend to use in any older Apollo, only in the model we are selling as 50W version. Reason for this is the fact that not all units can take the stress of higher current. At the start up this 50W bulb might take as much as 100 A of start up current, which might destroy the output transistor in the older units which are not designed for this. Many units work flawlessly, but we got some returns earlier until we made the necessary changes to make it reliable also with the high power bulbs.

CheebaChiefer

In regards to the availability of cases for the Venus Apollo, found one on Amazon, recd. today and is a good fit for the vape. Width is perfect, unit doesn't slide around. Nice distressed leather, nicely lined and some thin padding on bottom. It is about 1.5" longer than the vape, room for a couple extra 18650's.

Here's the link: Visconti 731 Hunter Distressed Leather Pencil Case/ Small Travel Makeup Cosmetic Bag /Toiletry Case / Supply Holder (Brown)

If touching or accidental something hit the control buttons thru leather casing will Apollo reacts it?
In any case, leather case looks cool what you linked CheebaChiefer!

Thanks Villekille2 for information and warning!

Thermal camera could be the most accurate temperature monitor for compared different heat levels?
If I`m very lucky someday I might be able to borrow thermal camera future :D

A to the K,
Reactions: AtomicPB

CheebaChiefer

Well, that pushed the VAS button...dammit...unit ordered.
Hey Mr. Mel, I agree and am thinking about buying another but with natural finish, as I have had the dark oak finish 50 watt model for a couple weeks now and love it.
Usually I have an over active vas, however, I am concerned about ship time. I ordered a couple of accessories on 03/07/18 and as of today 03/22/18 have still not recd.

villekille2

Manufacturer
Hey Mr. Mel, I agree and am thinking about buying another but with natural finish, as I have had the dark oak finish 50 watt model for a couple weeks now and love it.
Usually I have an over active vas, however, I am concerned about ship time. I ordered a couple of accessories on 03/07/18 and as of today 03/22/18 have still not recd.

The actual shipping of vaporizers takes just 1-2 days with DHL Express, but we made an error in thinking that small accessories would be ok and quick to send just in the regular mail first class letter as in Europe they travel quickly. Have taken notice and in future need to send also accessoeries with DHL. Checked now from the mail office that if you won't get it by monday we can assume it being lost and we'll send you then the items with DHL express.

Poostuff

Please delete
The metal plate that the cooling unit slides into has become loose on my Apollo & almost pulls out completely whenever I remove the cooling tube. It’s digging into the Velcro strip at the top & just won’t stay in place.
Does anyone know if there is a way for me to tighten this again or do I need to contact villie?

CheebaChiefer

Hey Poostuff, My Venus does this as well, also another poster I think on Reddit also mentioned this. Was told by Villie that the piece in question is supposed to stay in place via "friction", um not so much. I think he needs to have metal points that are part of that and attach more firmly to the wood. I am not a vaporizer designer so my idea may not be practical?

Poostuff

Please delete
Thanks for that, I’ll struggle along for now. It’s stopping me from using it a little mostly because of the fuss & inconvenience of having to wedge it back into place each time I move the tube. It has some sharp edges so I have to be careful each time I do.

CheebaChiefer

Ok, still no receipt of Order # 1186; please expedite. This was ordered on 03/07/18 and today is 03/26/18. This delay has me re-considering ordering another Venus Apollo, despite the discount you have offered.

CheebaChiefer,
Reactions: AtomicPB

CheebaChiefer

Just want to thank Ville for his quick response and his generous inclusion of some xtra goodies beyond what I originally ordered!
My faith has been restored, I am really contemplating ordering another vape!

villekille2

Manufacturer
The limited edition of Apollo 2 50W version is almost finished, we have just a few couple of them in stock so I already removed it from the webstore in case someone wonders about this.

I have one question for the owners of Apollo. What do you think of the vibration motor function, is it useful? Or is the buzzing more of an annoyance? Interesting to know, what the actual users think.

Top Bottom