Discontinued The Venus Apollo

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
Hello, everyone! I've been reading through the forum (30 pages in) and now I can't wait to get my hands on an Apollo. I have the opportunity to buy a used Apollo, but the vibration feature doesn't work. Is that something that can be fixed or should I just pass until I can buy one from the source?
It can be turned on and off per the instructions:tup:

Frenchy

I was thinking the same thing. Maybe the seller is just unaware of that. Has anyone had their unit have an actual inability to toggle the vibration?

vapognak

seems unlikely.

I had turn it off, blinking LED are enough imo.

Also, I wrote a short manual

XWRBMGE.png

Kanyayweest

Hey guys so I recieved an Apollo a couple of weeks back and have been using it every other day with a couple bowls. It seems like the hole on the bottom needs to be covered and the device needs a heat soak for about the 3 minute heat up time I got with mine. After the heat soak I usually put in the stainless steel bowl and go for another heat up. I don't get visible vapor until about 6 minutes, without combustion, after turning it on but it does taste great (with 3 for the initial heat soak) but is that how the device was made to work? I'm a cloud chaser so maybe it's not for me. I hit it usually through the short stem and one of rachett's universal to medium water pipe adapter on a hydratube
http://imgur.com/bmEYG6I
Maybe I need a more powerful bulb and better batteries... Any recommendations? I saw a couple in the pages before but don't think I saw a 50w one

I also own a mighty and it was and still is my daily driver.. Was hoping this would be the mighty killer i imagined it to be :/ anyone got any recommendations for a vape that's instant with hits as large and potent as the mighty?

GTAVaper

Hey guys so I recieved an Apollo a couple of weeks back and have been using it every other day with a couple bowls. It seems like the hole on the bottom needs to be covered and the device needs a heat soak for about the 3 minute heat up time I got with mine. After the heat soak I usually put in the stainless steel bowl and go for another heat up. I don't get visible vapor until about 6 minutes, without combustion, after turning it on but it does taste great (with 3 for the initial heat soak) but is that how the device was made to work? I'm a cloud chaser so maybe it's not for me. I hit it usually through the short stem and one of rachett's universal to medium water pipe adapter on a hydratube
http://imgur.com/bmEYG6I
Maybe I need a more powerful bulb and better batteries... Any recommendations? I saw a couple in the pages before but don't think I saw a 50w one

I also own a mighty and it was and still is my daily driver.. Was hoping this would be the mighty killer i imagined it to be :/ anyone got any recommendations for a vape that's instant with hits as large and potent as the mighty?

I haven't been tracking this thread for a while but I have posted some vids further back in the thread that will demonstrate all the cloud chasing that you would desire. In terms of vapour quality and volume it is second only to the Supreme V3 and the Milaana, Grasshopper, Underdog would come in behind it ......although all of those vapes are also very good vapes as well.

When you have it dialed in right - you will be very happy with it! I haven't yet experimented with 35W and 50W bulbs but I have sourced a supplier in the US that has incredibly high pricing $35 to ship to Canada even though the bulbs are only a couple bucks each.

PM me and I will provide you a link and if you are willing to reship some to me in Canada at a reasonable USPS postal rate then I would send send you money through PayPal and also post my experimentation with the new higher powered bulbs in this thread with regards to heat up times and usage methodology.

I suspect that on demand performance would be approaching or equaling the almost "instant on" of a Milaana .....except with more accurate power regulation and with the higher vapour quality inherent in the Apollo.

If no one else is interested in experimenting with these bulbs then I will eventually get around to it.....but if you look at my signature you will also see that I have a lot of great vapes to play with .....and I try to give them all some love.

villekille2

Manufacturer
We have now experimented with the 50W bulbs, got both 50W and 35 W ones. So far have tried them with Venus, but should work similarly with Apollo. The results were nice, vapor was ready at 40s, and with scaling down heat settings it was possible to get comparable results as with the regular 20W bulb, an on the other hand, when we tried with full power 50W boosting then it was possible easily to create thick smoke, so basically it looks like this solution will have a much quicker heat up time, and still provide same quality vapor and also enable extreme temperatures if wished.

whatitdew

Vapes R Great
That's why I posted cuz I don't think there is a thread yet. I got one in my cart ready for order! Damn VAS

Also @villekille2 on the Helios page the product description is still in Finnish when I select English. I had to use google translate. Not sure if that is just my iPad acting stupid or what.

Somebody get the new thread cracking so the mods don't spank me haha!

villekille2

Manufacturer
That's why I posted cuz I don't think there is a thread yet. I got one in my cart ready for order! Damn VAS

Also @villekille2 on the Helios page the product description is still in Finnish when I select English. I had to use google translate. Not sure if that is just my iPad acting stupid or what.

Somebody get the new thread cracking so the mods don't spank me haha!

Now the Helios page has been translated to English language.
http://www.venusvaporizer.com/shop/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=98

now available the 50W bulb option for Apollo.

Last edited:

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
Now the Helios page has been translated to English language.
http://www.venusvaporizer.com/shop/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=98

now available the 50W bulb option for Apollo.

Anyone interested in the Helios- here's the thread :D:
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/venus-helios.22577/

Wow, the new cooling rod looks really nice! Are you going to plan different chambers as well - to prevent burning/hot fingers? There might be something around the corner?;) :)

Kanyayweest

So today I finally got more quality time with the Apollo but i think something happened. I got 2 sessions on fresh batteries before I put the Apollo down, and what happened was the Apollo vibrated twice, like the type of vibrate it would show to tell you the batteries are put in, and then it never turned on again. I am certain that the batteries are fine and even inserted another fresh pair, but I didn't even receive acknowledgment from the Apollo with the vibrations for the batteries connecting. The Apollo will not turn on anymore :( maybe it's the efest batteries dying? Weird that the Apollo won't vibrate when the cap touches the batteries and screws on

Gonna order new batteries, a new stem as its wearing away (never been dropped but somehow chips away day by day), the cooling rod, and the 50w bulb. Hopefully the Apollo isn't dead; wanna make sure it's alive before the $100+ purchase to use it again

Kanyayweest,

vapen00b

So today I finally got more quality time with the Apollo but i think something happened. I got 2 sessions on fresh batteries before I put the Apollo down, and what happened was the Apollo vibrated twice, like the type of vibrate it would show to tell you the batteries are put in, and then it never turned on again. I am certain that the batteries are fine and even inserted another fresh pair, but I didn't even receive acknowledgment from the Apollo with the vibrations for the batteries connecting. The Apollo will not turn on anymore :( maybe it's the efest batteries dying? Weird that the Apollo won't vibrate when the cap touches the batteries and screws on

Gonna order new batteries, a new stem as its wearing away (never been dropped but somehow chips away day by day), the cooling rod, and the 50w bulb. Hopefully the Apollo isn't dead; wanna make sure it's alive before the $100+ purchase to use it again
Sorry to hear you're having trouble.
Try taking the batts out for 5 mins. minimum and re-insert them afterwards. It will reset and recalibrate the unit.
Also check the batts.

Hope this helps and you can enjoy your Apollo soon again! :peace:

GTAVaper

Will try it tomorrow and report back, thanks for the help! Anyone have their hands on the cooler or the 50w bulb yet?

Take the batteries out and ensure that they are charged (or just charge them up again) and then reinsert the batteries.

But you cannot be touching the touch sensor when you insert the batteries because this is when it adjusts the sensor upon startup and if you are touching the sensor at that time the sensor strip will not get calibrated and it won't operate properly.

Ville has mentioned this in the past as a potential issue.....as well as how to avoid it

Also, interesting concept with the cooler.....I'd be interested in feedback. But for myself, I prefer my modded stems over the stock bowl.....so I will be giving this one a pass.....although it is an interesting and innovative concept in dealing with the cooling issue

Kanyayweest

So I tried it today and my Apollo seems to be fine, the batteries are now garbage however. They go through one full session even after charging all night, both pairs of efest go the same distance. Gonna order some Samsung batteries and the cooling rod, another stem, and the 50w bulb. Gtavaper do you still want someone to ship you the bulbs? I can get an extra one and ship it out to you if you want-seems like no one responded to your original request.

Kanyayweest

the batteries aren't even recognized by the Apollo anymore and I have no way of using it anymore... Had to combust for the first time in months today as I lent my other vapes for the day earlier thinking the Apollo would tide me over...
Wonder what the problem could be

Kanyayweest,

vapen00b

the batteries aren't even recognized by the Apollo anymore and I have no way of using it anymore... Had to combust for the first time in months today as I lent my other vapes for the day earlier thinking the Apollo would tide me over...
Wonder what the problem could be

Try to drop @villekille2 a message. I'm sure he can help you. Your problems sound very odd... 2 pairs, both duds?

Kanyayweest

Dropped him a message but got no response.. Guess I'll patiently wait. Hopefully I get my mighty back tomorrow, today was unbearable as I never want to combust again and the Apollo is a paperweight now.

Top Bottom