• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued The Venus Apollo

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
OK......here is the new mod :science:

@Bravesst

I've taken the picture so that you can see exactly what I mean about using the o-ring when it can't around a single location because it enlarges the diameter by too much.

That is when you let the ring move along the axis of the stem so that at each locatiuon the diameter of the stem inside the Apollo tube is only enlarged by a single width of the o-ring (slightly more actually as it tapers away) rather than by double the width of the o-ring as it does when the o-ring goes around the stem at a single level height (i.e., as they are normally used)

Sorry if my earlier explanation wasn't that clear.....but now that you see what I mean, if you go back an re-read it then it is easier to see what I was describing with the photo in front of you.

A picture is worth many words of description!

Comfortable clouds......haven't used a direct draw vape since my Solo.....and even then I was using it with a whip going to a bong at the end.

The draw resistance on this is perfect. You can definitely feel it......which is helpful in judging volume intake......but still more free flowing than a Mighty.

When my Milaana arrives, if I remember, I will compare the draw resistance to a fully open 19mm stem.....but for now, I really do like the 14mm draw restriction.

fhwiLao.jpg

You can see that I've used the Solo stem mod on one end utilizing the double layer SonG joint that seals both into the Apollo tube as well as the lower half of the herb chamber (see 2nd last Photo 3).

The herb chamber will stick to the silicone.....but it isn't an extremely tight connection.....just a vapour tight connection.

This is more stable then an o-ring which can't hold the two pieces together at all.....but rather just seals the connection when a little pressure is applied. IMHO a much better solution than just the o-ring by itself.

The other side is very secure with the distorted o-ring helping for a much better friction fit. I pushed the silicone all the way to the end of the Solo stem before taking the last operational photo.

The silicone at the leave end of the Solo stem is really just used for helping with keeping the glass stem spaced/centered within the larger Apollo tube with an added benefit of helping to protection the glass stem from impacts.

It also looks nice when all lit up from hitting the boost button :)

On the 14mm glass end.....I cheated - I sacrificed my Supreme v3 large diameter silicone tube to slide over the end of the 14mm glass stem.

This tubing fits around 14mm.....which is why it was chosen by Ed the inventor of the Supreme as a direct draw mouth piece coming off of the smaller Supreme bowl 14mm silicone rings......but it is also very thin walled - unlike the other 3/4 OD, 1/2" ID large tubing that I have.

The thinner walled tubing was almost a perfect fit inside of the long stock Apollo tube and only needed the o-ring to make sure that it was secured on fairly snugly.

The silicone tubing was also very tricky to maneuver together and I used some "special tools" to help me get them on - as well as a lot of thumb pressure :tup: (see last photo 4)

By the time I was done, my right thumb was sore.....and my left thumb had formed a thick skinned blister that never popped....and I don't think it will either....but the skin has sheared away from the flesh underneath :o

The personal sacrifices I make in the name of :science:
Where's my Nobel? :lol:

I tried to use the distorted o-ring trick to secure the Solo stem into the bottom of the Apollo tube a bit better but it gets outside of the diameter of the Apollo tube in that configuration and gets caught against the sharp walls of the heat shield when pulling it out.

Side Note: @Vape Dr. - I didn't know what you meant in your PM'd explanation when you experienced the same thing until it also happened to me and I realized what you were talking about.

fXwB9gR.jpg

Now in hand it feels very nice.....long enough but still not too awkward and can still stand on its own vertically on top of a water piece. The PNWT clone (or f-bomb style) inline bubbler still works very well but is a bit too top heavy to be walking around with it. Although seated and lounging with the PNWT clone still works well.

I have even sipped on it at power level 3/4 to start before climbing as my session continues and ending at 7/8 - depending on when I stop getting vapour. Extremely dark ABV with this kind of usage at the end......but so far no combustion - just reduced taste at the end

YQ2LWYw.jpg

Now for the tools that help make wrestling with silicone tubing just a little easier .....but still a huge pain in the butt! :uhh:

A crochet hook of unknown sizing ......and a palette knife paint spreader purchase from an art store.

Separate the silicone tubing with the paint knife and use the blunt end of the hook to push and the fine end to maneuver small pieces together or pull back on the silicone to position into it's final place.

vvB1v4T.jpg

I want to first say thank you for all your work. Those are clear and concise written instructions, and solid pics. This week I may get to play a bit. I'd like to employ some of your techniques and find the md that works best for my situation.

I love simplicity, and don't mind working hard to get there, always worth it.

Got some playing, ehhh, work to do. Thanks for the illustrated manual. All Apollonauts should read.

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Bad news and some help needed please:

My Apollo doesn't want to turn on this morning, I believe ther is enough power in the batteries, each time I turn it on I'm able to make the starting sequence but it shut off before the halogen light even power on...and it doesn't work at all (no button response) until I remove and replace the batteries (after that I can make the start sequence and it shut off again...)

It never falls....

Is it a dead bulb?
I'm actually trying to charge the batteries to see if this is the issue...

Edit : I confirm the batteries was not depleted...

I'm completly unlucky with all Venus products;

Last edited:

Vapodudule

Well i have report back that i have a vibrating failure on my appolo too. I turned the function off. If not there is a click sound in each contact trying to reach vibrating system.

For stem method, i tried long Milanaa stem but failed to have a proper oring to seal the deal.

Back to regular solo stem+ solo 2 Oring sandwiching up chamber attached to the stem. One Oring isolating up chamber from glass tube contact and other Oring making the air seal with the bottom chamber which is leaved permanently for heat sink purpose.

The 40% area is good but, the power weapon is 70% zone where it is spicy business for fresh load and hot vape, put it up you have too.

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
VSx1b7N.jpg

Nice cool rips and it even matches!! :tup:
Ah, that looks really nice together, almost like it was made for it. I... might buy a mflb whip now.....

OK......here is the new mod :science:

@Bravesst

I've taken the picture so that you can see exactly what I mean about using the o-ring when it can't around a single location because it enlarges the diameter by too much.

That is when you let the ring move along the axis of the stem so that at each location the diameter of the stem inside the Apollo tube is only enlarged by a single width of the o-ring (slightly more actually as it tapers away) rather than by double the width of the o-ring as it does when the o-ring goes around the stem at a single level height (i.e., as they are normally used)

Sorry if my earlier explanation wasn't that clear.....but now that you see what I mean, if you go back an re-read it then it is easier to see what I was describing with the photo in front of you.

A picture is worth many words of description!

Comfortable clouds......haven't used a direct draw vape since my Solo.....and even then I was using it with a whip going to a bong at the end.

The draw resistance on this is perfect. You can definitely feel it......which is helpful in judging volume intake......but still more free flowing than a Mighty.

When my Milaana arrives, if I remember, I will compare the draw resistance to a fully open 19mm stem.....but for now, I really do like the 14mm draw restriction.

fhwiLao.jpg

You can see that I've used the Solo stem mod on one end utilizing the double layer SonG joint that seals both into the Apollo tube as well as the lower half of the herb chamber (see 2nd last Photo 3).

The herb chamber will stick to the silicone.....but it isn't an extremely tight connection.....just a vapour tight connection.

This is more stable then an o-ring which can't hold the two pieces together at all.....but rather just seals the connection when a little pressure is applied. IMHO a much better solution than just the o-ring by itself.

The other side is very secure with the distorted o-ring helping for a much better friction fit. I pushed the silicone all the way to the end of the Solo stem before taking the last operational photo.

The silicone at the leave end of the Solo stem is really just used for helping with keeping the glass stem spaced/centered within the larger Apollo tube with an added benefit of helping to protection the glass stem from impacts.

It also looks nice when all lit up from hitting the boost button :)

On the 14mm glass end.....I cheated - I sacrificed my Supreme v3 large diameter silicone tube to slide over the end of the 14mm glass stem.

This tubing fits around 14mm.....which is why it was chosen by Ed the inventor of the Supreme as a direct draw mouth piece coming off of the smaller Supreme bowl 14mm silicone rings......but it is also very thin walled - unlike the other 3/4 OD, 1/2" ID large tubing that I have.

The thinner walled tubing was almost a perfect fit inside of the long stock Apollo tube and only needed the o-ring to make sure that it was secured on fairly snugly.

The silicone tubing was also very tricky to maneuver together and I used some "special tools" to help me get them on - as well as a lot of thumb pressure :tup: (see last photo 4)

By the time I was done, my right thumb was sore.....and my left thumb had formed a thick skinned blister that never popped....and I don't think it will either....but the skin has sheared away from the flesh underneath :o

The personal sacrifices I make in the name of :science:
Where's my Nobel? :lol:

I tried to use the distorted o-ring trick to secure the Solo stem into the bottom of the Apollo tube a bit better but it gets outside of the diameter of the Apollo tube in that configuration and gets caught against the sharp walls of the heat shield when pulling it out.

Side Note: @Vape Dr. - I didn't know what you meant in your PM'd explanation when you experienced the same thing until it also happened to me and I realized what you were talking about.

fXwB9gR.jpg

Now in hand it feels very nice.....long enough but still not too awkward and can still stand on its own vertically on top of a water piece. The PNWT clone (or f-bomb style) inline bubbler still works very well but is a bit too top heavy to be walking around with it. Although seated and lounging with the PNWT clone still works well.

I have even sipped on it at power level 3/4 to start before climbing as my session continues and ending at 7/8 - depending on when I stop getting vapour. Extremely dark ABV with this kind of usage at the end......but so far no combustion - just reduced taste at the end

YQ2LWYw.jpg

Now for the tools that help make wrestling with silicone tubing just a little easier .....but still a huge pain in the butt! :uhh:

A crochet hook of unknown sizing ......and a palette knife paint spreader purchase from an art store.

Separate the silicone tubing with the paint knife and use the blunt end of the hook to push and the fine end to maneuver small pieces together or pull back on the silicone to position into it's final place.

vvB1v4T.jpg
My silicone tubing came today, going to see about fitting my straight solo/air stem in the stock glass tube. I also want to try to set it up to use the vapexhale (I think) glass mp @Vape Dr. was using in his pics. I don't have their vape, but I love their glass mps. Also want to buy a mflb whip now too.....

GTAVaper

Bad news and some help needed please:

My Apollo doesn't want to turn on this morning, I believe ther is enough power in the batteries, each time I turn it on I'm able to make the starting sequence but it shut off before the halogen light even power on...and it doesn't work at all (no button response) until I remove and replace the batteries (after that I can make the start sequence and it shut off again...)

It never falls....

Is it a dead bulb?
I'm actually trying to charge the batteries to see if this is the issue...

Edit : I confirm the batteries was not depleted...

I'm completly unlucky with all Venus products;

I honestly don't know what the electronics will do.....or try to do if the bulb is dead?
Perhaps, your bulb IS dead and this is how the electronics behave when there is no bulb to drive?
I don't know......best bet is to PM or email @villekille2 and see what help he can offer.

Best advice I can give......but I am sorry that you are having trouble with your Apollo. I haven't had any issues with mine so far......aside from having to reinitialize a faulty touch sensor startup and that is no big deal.

I hope your Apollo lives to launch another day :D

@Vapodudule
I totally agree on the power settings! I usually never bring it up to power level 10 but start at either 4 or 7 and either temp step from the 4 power level or try full extraction from the 7 level but boost as necessary to drive max extraction.

But if I am sipping on the new long stem mod then I will keep it at 4 and boost a little as necessary until no further vapour is produced......and it still seems to extract everything with dark ABV

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Ok, I was in contact with Ville, he was taking care of me even if my unit is second hand.

He told me it could be caused by :
-depleted batteries (not the case here)
- poor electrical contact (threads, top cap), he recommands to scrape with a tool until to get a shiny surface (I made it..)
- short in the bottom of the heater (I didn't see any one..)

So after to give a full charge to my batteries, scraped top cap and threads and checked for short I tried to power it again....without sucess it autoshutoff just before the light is on....BUT I noticed leds are blinking (especially the lower one) not regulary, not really bright with short pulses...I tried again(remove and replace batteries)...and it works now!

Although I didn't understood exactly what happenned...

Last edited:

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
So first off I tried the vapexhale glass mp on there and loved it. I used my short mp glass and squeezed a @Ratchett song in the top. I probably could of put it farther down on the song, but it was pretty stable and worked really well. I love that mp so I'll probably keep using it on there.
2bt98x.jpg

I also tried the solo straight stem mod with my short mp glass, I had the solo stem sticking out and the herb chamber removed. The vapor was cooler and overall I think I liked it more. The extraction wasn't great, but that was user error I think. I wasn't paying attention to boost and heat up or anything, just screwing around with the mod.
2ap8gx.jpg

This is after I took the stem out of the short mp glass and put it in the long one. I have the solo stem up in the glass and I'm planning on putting this in with the herb chamber empty to get a good seal with the glass. Then maybe I'll try it sliding the solo stem out and without the herb chamber. The silicone didn't always make a great seal, that oring seals it up though. I haven't had a chance to use this mod yet, tonight for sure.
aw9eh0.jpg

I need to use it all way more before I say how well any of it works, but I have to say it's definitely been fun screwing around with all this stuff.

JacobDaKid305

WOW why does this vape have to be so compicated to use. Why cant it be so simple like a Mighty where you just pick it up and inhale. Why even make a Vape, if you need to be buying extra accessories just for it too work. I understand its a heavy hitter but damn. You need to cover the back end ? You cant hit it without water bongs? You need a Air Stem and silicone ? WTF is this, I just want to put my herb in and inhale. This vape is a turn off. Better off getting a Firefly 2

JacobDaKid305,
Reactions: KeroZen

Joel W.

Deplorable Basement Dweller
Accessory Maker
I have been using the Apollo daily since late February. I only use water at home and I have no need to cover air flow holes.

Yes, I use a different restrictive stem than stock but only so I can run at a lower temp setting to improve efficiency while increasing cloud production.

It is not perfect in stock form but it is also the first version ever.. I can't wait to see the next version.

I'd say It hits as hard as my desktop vape in convection mode, once slightly modified.

I am now getting 6-7 stems out of a set of batteries. That gets me through a 10hr day.

No regrets here!

GTAVaper

WOW why does this vape have to be so compicated to use. Why cant it be so simple like a Mighty where you just pick it up and inhale. Why even make a Vape, if you need to be buying extra accessories just for it too work. I understand its a heavy hitter but damn. You need to cover the back end ? You cant hit it without water bongs? You need a Air Stem and silicone ? WTF is this, I just want to put my herb in and inhale. This vape is a turn off. Better off getting a Firefly 2

I have a Mighty....there is no comparison in terms of vapour quality and output......although I do have my Apollo modded.

It was kind of fun figuring out a few things and picking up a few things from others in putting together my mods.

Speaking of which......I have a new double ended, 10" 19mm joint stem mod that works with both the Apollo and my new Milaana. I will post pics tonight if I have time.....and by the end of the week otherwise.

The mods are relatively simple and spelled out.....so yes, they will take a little extra effort but once done.....they work very well.

I do agree though that it would make things a lot easier if the modded stems were available from the manufacturer as an alternative loading system.

The Mighty does work well.....but there is no comparison when using for home use......Mighty is still better for an "on-the-go" vape as the body stays cooler and the vapor is nicely cooled through the cooling unit.

No regrets here either!

Last edited:

Vape Dr.

very cool to see all the mods. I've been working on product development. I'm very much open to hear from you any suggestions. I have understood that the vapor feels very warm from the short tube for many people. this is something easily fixed and I have been working on a cooling unit which would fit inside the standard tube and be easily removable and adjustable for different levels of cooling. Also it is easy to reclaim residues that naturally will accumulate more when vapor is cooled. Also the draw resistance can be adjusted .And it should work with all the existing tubes so once I have it in production it will be available as an accessory.

Any update on the new cooling tubes @villekille2
Any pics would be greatly appreciated!

GTAVaper

New 19mm glass mods ......works well in both direct draw and water tool usage for both Apollo & RBT vapes :tup:

FYGAwK9.jpg

6bWidHC.jpg

VA4uzW7.jpg

No comparison between the Apollo & Milaana. The stem is now the common factor so although the Milaana can heat up to the correct temperature to provide just as thick a vapour, you are always guessing where you are at that point.

It would be kind of like having a heat soaked Apollo and maybe alternating between zero power and just the boost button with a 50w bulb installed and trying to hit the right temps to bring on the vapour......which will work - and work well but it is still all a guessing game .....even with a flattened heat curve.

The Apollo will give you exactly the right temp and hold it there and never let you overpower the heater while you draw.......and stay there until you are done or reload a stem.

The Milaana is very quick and convenient but not as accurate or easy to get repeatable load/session results.

Both are great vapes but there is no question that if I had to choose it wouldn't even be a contest......I value precision, accuracy and being able to set something up and have anyone just pull on the glass bubbler rather having to explain the dynamics to every new user......I only get that with the Apollo.

But that being said, I also believe that the RBT vape is going to have a well loved spot as something that I can go to grab and get a quick hit .......without having to fire up a noisy torch and grabbing the Supreme V3 ....which is my second fastest hitter now with a heat up time of "about a minute to hit it".

I will get around to trying out the 35W and 50W bulbs as this could close the heat-up time gap and bring the Apollo to a more instant-on vaping style.

I will keep you posted as to my future :science::science::science:

Nope, no real comparison here......nothing to see but compliments to vapes that complement each other very well :D

Edit:
P.S. Yup, @Vape Dr., I'm liking your simple, but yet very effective 19mm SonG adapter for a connection to my glass for the RBT stems

Last edited:

JacobDaKid305

I have a Mighty....there is no comparison in terms of vapour quality and output......although I do have my Apollo modded.

It was kind of fun figuring out a few things and picking up a few things from others in putting together my mods.

Speaking of which......I have a new double ended, 10" 19mm joint stem mod that works with both the Apollo and my new Milaana. I will post pics tonight if I have time.....and by the end of the week otherwise.

The mods are relatively simple and spelled out.....so yes, they will take a little extra effort but once done.....they work very well.

I do agree though that it would make things a lot easier if the modded stems were available from the manufacturer as an alternative loading system.

The Mighty does work well.....but there is no comparison when using for home use......Mighty is still better for an "on-the-go" vape as the body stays cooler and the vapor is nicely cooled through the cooling unit.

No regrets here either!
So the Venus Apollo has better quality vapor? If I were too order one , will I be able to use it as a portable without it being modded ? Im stuck between the Venus Apollo and The Firefly 2 lol . Im all about dense clouds and quality. The mighty has been my go to vape since late 2015 and the grasshopper is on pre order. Now im stuck deciding Either The Apollo or Firefly 2. Helppppp

JacobDaKid305,
Reactions: GTAVaper

villekille2

Manufacturer
Any update on the new cooling tubes @villekille2
Any pics would be greatly appreciated!

Today the prototype of vapor cooler has been tested for the first time. It works. It goes completely inside the standard short tube, and gives the user adjustable draw resistance to increase resistance if wished, and according to people who tried it, the vapor is now clearly much cooler, a significant change in the temperature of vapor and the default draw resistance with the cooler is good, can feel it but not too much.

Also the first impression was that the vapor was stronger and denser clouds. And the vapor doesn't anymore leak out of the tube as the cooler prevents this.

Last edited:

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
Today the prototype of vapor cooler has been tested for the first time. It works. It goes completely inside the standard short tube, and gives the user adjustable draw resistance to increase resistance if wished, and according to people who tried it, the vapor is now clearly much cooler, a significant change in the temperature of vapor and the default draw resistance with the cooler is good, can feel it but not too much.
Ill take 2!:tup:

GTAVaper

Ill take 2!:tup:

For those double fisted Apollo adventures?

Two Apollo's on top of a claisen adapter sounds interesting : )

@villekille2

That sounds great! Any idea on the ETA for these to become available?

Is the prototype finished enough to share a picture of one? Or, do we have to wait until the production models are available for purchase?

If the vapor cooler doesn't already have a glass joint for the mouthpiece (either 14mm or 19mm) then perhaps some consideration towards adding one could be made as it would greatly assist with connecting the Apollo to a water tool.

@JacobDaKid305

I would wait until the new vapor cooler is available as it sounds like it might solve the problems with hot vapor without any aftermarket mods being necessary.

The Apollo will still need a thick leather....or silicone pouch/container to pack it away in after using it on the go as it gets hot during usage and is more suitable for portable vaping at home rather than quick sessions on the go.....but perhaps the vapor cooler will help with portable usage without a water bubbler or an extra-long non-portable friendly stem mod

Last edited:

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
To be honnest, I'm waiting for @villekille2 to release Appollo v1.1 integrating proper solutions to these problems. It should work out of the box without requiring any modification nor 3rd party accessories.
It 100% does already, many/most people are using it stock.

Also the first impression was that the vapor was stronger and denser clouds. And the vapor doesn't anymore leak out of the tube as the cooler prevents this.
Ditto what @ShayWhiteGrow said, I'll get 2 as well as soon as they're available.

Edit: Also can't wait to see how it works fitting into the current short tube.

GTAVaper

I get a lot more vapour with both my Apollo and Milaana than what you are getting with your demonstration.

I also find that the Apollo is easier for me to get huge clouds without going to combustion but with the Milaana I can get almost as thick clouds but that I can only do it with a fresh load and the taste is not quite as good and if I try to get huge clouds on a second hit then I run the risk of combusting with the Milaana.

The great thing about the Milaana is that it's heat up time is very low....almost on demand.

However, your video of the Sticky Brick is impressive and sure looks close to what the Supreme V3 can do......although those who have both the Sticky Brick and Supreme have always said that the Supreme will outperform the Sticky Brick ......but that you get vapour a lot more quickly with the Sticky Brick

Frenchy

Hello, everyone! I've been reading through the forum (30 pages in) and now I can't wait to get my hands on an Apollo. I have the opportunity to buy a used Apollo, but the vibration feature doesn't work. Is that something that can be fixed or should I just pass until I can buy one from the source?

Top Bottom