the unofficial FC bubbler thread

placetime

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Been talking to VB, during my absence. We discussed some of my ideas, but eventually the blower conceded to try one of the original ideas.

Sorry, so little details. Not my place to make announcements for them. Just wanted you all to know, They are still very interested in the project. My impression so far, is we should expect a badass little bubbler from The Vapor Brothers crew, hopefully in the near future.

BigDaddyVapor,
Reactions: placetime

placetime

Been talking to VB, during my absence. We discussed some of my ideas, but eventually the blower conceded to try one of the original ideas.

Sorry, so little details. Not my place to make announcements for them. Just wanted you all to know, They are still very interested in the project. My impression so far, is we should expect a badass little bubbler from The Vapor Brothers crew, hopefully in the near future.
excellent news! the more the merrier, imo. :D

side note: I'm curious--does anyone here know why logos are sandblasted onto glass instead of using chemical etching? I wonder why you don't hear about chemically-etched logos, and you only hear about sandblasted stuff (or paint, stickers, etc). Anyone know anything about that?

placetime,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
I think it's just easier & cleaner to sandblast it.

Make a template & blast away, no need for messy chemicals & the risks that come with handling those.

I'm just guessing though :haw:

OhTheAgony,

tharealmclovin

I never even saw a picture

4813A3A3-8850-4F63-8230-3653030F0EB1-425-000000E8493FC56F.jpg

tharealmclovin,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Yeah, so far I think Lev's piece is the best value and most awesome piece of glass. The price is insane. That piece sells for $250+ anywhere else. Wish I hadn't @#$%ing broke that piece of glass at the LHS. Though, I've already expressed this with Lev, when I received my tube. We both know how much that thing is worth, in a shop.

Only thing I think could be an issue, is not being Cloud friendly. However... what about adding a 18/18 male/female adapter?

BigDaddyVapor,

GReYAReA

Amid The Vapors...
It looked like the stem was bent out enough to mount a Cloud. Hopefully this is a measurement taken into account during the design. More and more FC'ers are buying the Cloud these days. It would make for the greatest long-term applicability, IMO.

I'd probably use an adapter if not; but nicer without.

placetime

A few updates from other threads...

At least one person has Lev's "FC Bubbler" design, and 99 more should be going out too, according to Lev. He has also shown one (fuzzy) pic of a "$120 bubbler", but the details are scarce otherwise. I don't think either bubbler will have an FC label. More info about both Lev bubblers in that thread.

Planetvape is obviously working hard on coming up with their vision of the "perfect bubbler" for vapes. :brow: They'll soon be posting pics of their next prototype. I'm looking forward to seeing what exactly they come up with (even if they don't hit the $100 mark ;) ).

I think the VB project is kinda on hold--they're focusing on other projects at the moment, I think.

The glassblowersdirect.com guy is still planning on jumping into the ring with a bubbler, but hasn't gotten a prototype done yet. As far as I know, he's the only one who might be shooting for the $100 mark. :cool:

placetime,
Reactions: Tweak

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Good synopsis, Placetime. :tup:

Do you have any direct knowledge (besides lack of thread activity) that the VB project is on hold? I must've missed something.

:peace:

Stu,

SD_haze

Good synopsis, Placetime. :tup:

Do you have any direct knowledge (besides lack of thread activity) that the VB project is on hold? I must've missed something.

BigDaddyVapor wrote this about it

SD_haze said:
There's also a third FC bub coming out by the VaporBrother company, but is also still in-development.​
BDV: That's not a given. Projected costs, its not a sure thing, VB is still in the game. Though, they already do have some alternatives on the market.

SD_haze,

Tweak

T\/\/34|<

This is something new from Vapor Brothers. $175

"The 14mm Ground Glass Downstem has a unique shower head tip for the ultimate diffusion. This diffusion tip was designed by Vaporbrothers to work exclusively for vaporizing."

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Correct me if I'm wrong, Tweak, but that's the one they've had out for a while now, no?

Stu,

VAPORIZER22

A few updates from other threads...

At least one person has Lev's "FC Bubbler" design, and 99 more should be going out too, according to Lev. He has also shown one (fuzzy) pic of a "$120 bubbler", but the details are scarce otherwise. I don't think either bubbler will have an FC label. More info about both Lev bubblers in that thread.

According to Lev, the FC bubbler with the mesh perc will have a FC label on it, below is his response to that issue in the thread:

Its going to say FC on the base. Kush's just was rushed. Sorry if u guys misunderstood.

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
I moved this over here, to keep the other thread on-topic.

For me the 'other' one is a non-starter simply due to the fact that it won't even allow me to use my Cloud without adapters. This is not so much an oversight IMO, but rather a glaring example of how it was not designed for the vapor community at all, much less FC.
:2c:

Edit: The 'other' one comes with a slide for combustion for Christ sakes.:disgust:

First off Stu, your statement is "libel". It could easily be construed as truth, by someone not informed of the facts. It could hurt his sales, because it implies Lev and his bubbler(s) are something other, than they are represented to be.

Second, design of the "FC Bubbler" started before the Cloud was released to the public.

Having to use adapters for one specific vape, is a non-issue, especially when its a vape that costs $500 (because you have to purchase a $150-$200 piece of glass with it, that's included in the price). Cloud owners do not represent the vapor community. They represent a very small portion. In fact, if they wanted to appease more vapor owners, they'd design it around the MFLB, or just any common whip vape.

The FC Bubbler had a lot more activity and ideas (in comparison to now), thrown out almost on an hourly basis. Everything on that bubbler(s) was discussed with all, that took part. Owners of every vape imaginable.

Or let me put it to you a different way, what if I were to say...

Not everyone owns a Cloud. In fact, not many people own a Cloud. Not very many have $500 for a vape and a mandatory tube you have to buy with it. Not every one needs the Cloud. I would put forth, that designing around the Cloud, which has massive dimensions in comparison to my 2 main vapes, is not so much an oversight, but a glaring example of how it was not designed for the vapor community at all, but for Cloud owners, much less FC.

Maybe it should be The Official Cloud Bubbler, as it seems that's what its being designed for?

Oh... and almost every water piece, comes with a "slide". Non-issue.

You insult, not only Lev, but every single one of us, that took part to get to the point we're at now. Where Lev has 2 bubblers available to buy (local purchase now, wide purchase Friday), nobody else has anything, but an idea still.

(NOTE: Please, do not read ill-will, hostility, anger, trolling, or anything else into my response. It is meant to address concerns with the topic of discussion, information about the topic and respective for the feelings of all the people, that took a very active role in helping bring the Leviathan FC Bubbler to life. Also, to correct a misinformed post)

EDIT: I am not implying more isn't better. More people out there, designing glass for us... the better. You just do a great disservice to not only my friend, but someone I watched go through Hell and back, in a very short period of time... and still kept his commitment. When most people would have just ran away and hid under a rock.

MOD NOTE: The tone for a comparison is no better here than in the other thread. Please do not grab a post from one thread and discuss it in another.

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
Correct me if I'm wrong, Tweak, but that's the one they've had out for a while now, no?

First time I've seen it.

They have the:
hydrator-clear-vaporbrothers_lg1.jpg

Vaporbrothers CLEAR Precision Glass Hydrator™ for $120

default.jpg

Vaporbrothers - Mini Clear Precision Hydrator™ for $90

And then the:
vaporbrothers_hydrator_clear.jpg

Vaporbrothers CLEAR High Performance Glass Hydrator™ for $175

Wish they had a better image.

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
The glassblowersdirect.com guy is still planning on jumping into the ring with a bubbler, but hasn't gotten a prototype done yet. As far as I know, he's the only one who might be shooting for the $100 mark. :cool:

I really like his glass collection and how you can build your own bong with a bottom, middle, and top section.

IMO, the $60 bubbler he has would be perfect if he could put a showerhead at the bottom of that can and sell it for a few more bucks.

Bubbler-w-dome-nail.png

I just wonder how thick it is and what bore the chamber is. Guess I could ask him, lol.

stickstones

Vapor concierge
You insult, not only Lev, but every single one of us, that took part to get to the point we're at now. Where Lev has 2 bubblers available to buy (local purchase now, wide purchase Friday), nobody else has anything, but an idea still.

For the record, I was not insulted and I have been following and contributing to the three bubbler threads since they started.

stickstones,
Reactions: placetime

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
@BDV - I'm sorry if my comments offended you and/or Lev; that was not my intention. I was just offering my opinion and observations. I hope he sells a billion of his bubblers.

@Tweak - You're right about the VB bubs! On first glance it appeared similar to the ones I had seen. I shouldn't rely so much on my not-so-photographic memory.

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
For the record, I was not insulted and I have been following and contributing to the three bubbler threads since they started.

Thus the saying... "people are different"

Your response does not correlate with anyone else. I know Lev was offended. I know I was offended. I know a few other people were offended also.

Stu apologized.

BigDaddyVapor,

placetime

First time I've seen it.

And then the:
vaporbrothers_hydrator_clear.jpg

Vaporbrothers CLEAR High Performance Glass Hydrator™ for $175

Wish they had a better image.

I saw that the other day and wondered if it was new or if I had just missed it before. Was just about to email the VB guy to ask... ;)

I think Lev's stuff is cool and all, but the talk about a bubbler defined by FC folks started in the cheap bubblers threads, not Lev's thread, I believe.

Top Bottom