the unofficial FC bubbler thread

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
From the EXIF data of the photo, it was last modified on 9-7-2012 in PS CS3, so my guess is it was posted not very long ago. And was taken with a Canon DSL-R, Why you no upload high-res image VB? :ugh:

That's the 1st I've seen of it to. I was recently reading a review and they made reference to this specific one (I'm pretty sure), but I couldn't find anything on it, so thought it was just a typo. My understanding from Linus, was that they were pulling out... but he didn't straight up say it. However, that thing has everything we discussed.

Though, its been too soon, IMO. I don't think they could have made, tested and released that fast. But, damn... its got everything we discussed. I'd like to see some better pictures to.

On the VB subject, I've been messing with the levels on my knock-off hydrator. Finally got that @#$%er to perc right. Good little bubbles to. I'll see if I can catch it on camera, one of these nights. Might do some filming tonight, depending on how I feel.

EDIT: The 14mm makes me think, its different than what Linus and I discussed. I think both of us, were working from the standpoint, it would be 18mm.

BigDaddyVapor,
Reactions: placetime

Takavor23

Lev of Leviathan
Glass Blower
Haha didn't know I was this popular. If anyone has questions message me. Oh and no offense taken, just remember we are all just trying to make something everyone will appreciate and enjoy. I don't see this as a competition. Every company has produced some gorgeous glass art.

placetime

What do y'all think about a bubbler meant to be held in your hand vs. a bubbler that's meant to stay on a table during use?

After seeing the discussion about neck/mouthpiece length/placement on the PV FC bubbler thread and seeing the two different sizes/costs for the Lev bubblers, it got me thinking about these two different general ways people use bubblers. It got me wondering if part of people's resistance to the $100 price point was (at least partially) due to people envisioning table-bubblers; whereas when I've been talking about a $100 bubbler, I've been assuming something that is hand-held during usage.

Comments or preferences anyone?

Also, I've been in contact with the glassblowersdirect.com guy. I think that he's working on a design for a possible FC Bubbler. And, for anyone wondering, he told me that he needs to update his site--they used to use Pyrex years ago when it was actually boro and still use the word "pyrex" kinda as a generic term for boro even though it's not really accurate any more. He said they use borosilicate from Schott, Corning, etc.

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
All of my pieces get held in my hand, even the BDV. Which is a bitch, trust me.

I think the easier it is, to hold in multiple positions (at the seam between can and mouthpiece, around the can, by the bottom, etc)... the better the bubbler. Honestly, I think those are MUST HAVE, on bubblers.

EDIT: I view Bubblers as Bongs, in more efficient (mass-wise and design) compact packages. Bongs are big. Bubblers are small, to medium.

BigDaddyVapor,
Reactions: deadc0ffee

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
due to people envisioning table-bubblers; whereas when I've been talking about a $100 bubbler, I've been assuming something that is hand-held during usage.

I've wondered this myself. Would make for an interesting poll. :)

I'm currently hand-holding a tube with a gridded downstem. It fires from any angle you can throw at it and the Ice notch + downstem joint, smaller bore, and lighter weight make for holding a breeze.

My bubbler on the other hand needs to sit level on a desk for the percs to fires evenly and I have to constantly bend down and forward to reach the mouthpiece. Then for the next user I have to pick up and move the bubbler, rinse and repeat. Is this what others do or leave the bubbler sit and rotate users?

Do longer bent necks help with this? Do others use full size tables with chairs or standing?

Tweak,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
seems like a joint that can take various sized mouth piece stems would be useful here, so if somebody wants a stationary desk piece, that has a taller neck, they can put those together, or if someone wants the smaller neck for holding, it could be more versatile this way.

jambandphan03,

NewVape

What a guy!
All the bubblers I use are handheld. I have a table top sized tube that I sometimes use with my LSV but everything else; log vape, dabbing, etc, I use with a hand held. Hence my votes for a small compact bubbler with a short stem. But that's just MHO, I can see that if I had different vapes that I might be more interested in a table top version. So my vote and hence all my feedback is directed at a handheld version.

NewVape,

ilovebOObs

can i stick my male joint in there?
i'm the opposite, i'm always using it at my desk. bub on desk, left hand on bowl and other hand holding vape. plus i'm clumsy when i'm high so i don't wanna risk dropping it.

that removeable mouthpiece idea sounds like a good way to solve the long/short mouthpiece debate.

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
Most of the bubblers I see with removable mouthpiece are only 14mm.

I would love to see some 18mm, that are interchangeable
Examples from glassblowerdirect.com
mouthbent.png

mouth_straight.png

mouth_liquid.png

mouth_perc.png

I wonder if a female mouthpiece end to male on the bubbler would work better? Like how the j-hook connects to a ash catcher.

Tweak,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
The Leviathan/M&M Tech FC Bubbler is shipping this week. People should be getting theirs, as early as Friday (except for a couple people, already have or will have from personal pickup). A new special logo was picked to, to give it more of a FuckCombustion flair.

For those that are unaware, if you got on the list, you are very lucky indeed. Once the batch of 100 is gone, that's a $400 bubbler. Can't wait to get mine, this Wednesday. Feels like Christmas!

BigDaddyVapor,

placetime

Thanks for the update BDV! Looking forward to some pics! :D

In other "FC bubbler" news... Planetvape.ca is supposed to have more prototype pics soon. Also, Sam from glassblowersdirect.com says he should have some prototype pics soon too for the FC bubbler he's working on (shooting for the $100 price point, I believe). :cool:

And thanks to all who have voted in the polls! Interesting feedback, imho. :nod:

placetime,

SD_haze

The Leviathan/M&M Tech FC Bubbler is shipping this week. People should be getting theirs, as early as Friday (except for a couple people, already have or will have from personal pickup). A new special logo was picked to, to give it more of a FuckCombustion flair.

For those that are unaware, if you got on the list, you are very lucky indeed. Once the batch of 100 is gone, that's a $400 bubbler. Can't wait to get mine, this Wednesday. Feels like Christmas!
At the Dab Lab, the M&M Mesh perc is only $300 [tho not 100% identical], and the double mesh perc is the $400 one. To be fair, that just changes it from an insanely good deal to a fantastic deal :p

I'd have already ordered the mesh bub if it had better clearance for using the Cloud without an adapter.

SD_haze,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
At the Dab Lab, the M&M Mesh perc is only $300 [tho not 100% identical], and the double mesh perc is the $400 one. To be fair, that just changes it from an insanely good deal to a fantastic deal :p

I'd have already ordered the mesh bub if it had better clearance for using the Cloud without an adapter.

Actually, that piece isn't the same one.

This is the M&M Griddle Perc - $399.99 the FC bubbler, is based on.

large-MMBB21b.jpg

BigDaddyVapor,
Reactions: SD_haze

SD_haze

Actually, that piece isn't the same one.

This is the M&M Griddle Perc - $399.99 the FC bubbler, is based on.
Ah ha you're right, looks like its nearly twice as many cuts on the griddle, and wider.

Although I did just notice while closely inspecting them, the mesh perc one has an angled stemless down-tube that would hook up with the cloud perfectly. I suppose, if you aren't using the cloud, that makes it a bigger target to accidentally knock over.

SD_haze,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
I'm just excited to get a mesh/griddle/waffle/whatever perc. It will be way different than anything I own.

BigDaddyVapor,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
This is the actual Leviathan/M&M Tech FC Bubbler. Courtesy KushKlowdz

(this one has the standard M&M Tech logo on the opposite side. the bubbler shipping, has a new logo designed specifically for FC.)
012-28.jpg

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Today, I took delivery on the FIRST fully-finished version and FIRST FC BUBBLER. Congratulations, Lev. Like a Leviathan, the burning Phoenix rising from the flames and ashes...

I present to you, The Leviathan/m&m tech Special Edition LIMITED RUN FC Bubbler!!!

(Click pretty much anywhere to see the rest of the pics)

Don't know how many people have pulled out of their order. Lev mentioned 1, but said it filled instantly. I'd be trying HARD to get one of these. This IS a $400 bubbler, I just paid $150 for. It WAS a limited run. They have been made and accounted for, but shit happens. So you never know, you might just get lucky.

BlownUp

Unapproved commercial account.
Ah ha you're right, looks like its nearly twice as many cuts on the griddle, and wider.

Although I did just notice while closely inspecting them, the mesh perc one has an angled stemless down-tube that would hook up with the cloud perfectly. I suppose, if you aren't using the cloud, that makes it a bigger target to accidentally knock over.

Guys. I'm not sure about the FC version of M&M Tech pieces. The bases are different and there are subtle differences in the construction. Do you want me to contact M&M Tech to verify they are making the "FC" pieces? If you ever want extra pictures of any pieces, just holla and we will make it happen.

BlownUp,

BlownUp

Unapproved commercial account.
Today, I took delivery on the FIRST fully-finished version and FIRST FC BUBBLER. Congratulations, Lev. Like a Leviathan, the burning Phoenix rising from the flames and ashes...

I present to you, The Leviathan/m&m tech Special Edition LIMITED RUN FC Bubbler!!!

(Click pretty much anywhere to see the rest of the pics)

Don't know how many people have pulled out of their order. Lev mentioned 1, but said it filled instantly. I'd be trying HARD to get one of these. This IS a $400 bubbler, I just paid $150 for. It WAS a limited run. They have been made and accounted for, but shit happens. So you never know, you might just get lucky.

That's pretty cool. That is definately the M&M Tech stamp they just started using. I still like my black accented slitty griddle version better ;)
http://smokinjs.com/store/product/4...Glass-Griddle-Natural-Percolating-Water-Pipe/

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
Have you been following the leviathan thread?
All the feta old (WTF iPhone autocorrect:lol:) details about that bubbler can be found there - it all looks good to me.

(and given this one is $250 less than that one, the price is right too :brow:. I'm glad I'm on the list.)

Frederick McGuire,
Top Bottom