the unofficial FC bubbler thread

placetime

Wow, those are some nice pieces for the asking price, and SSFG stands behind their stuff. The showerhead is 14mm whcih is "meh" in my mind but otherwise those look awesome.
I agree charliedontsurf. But, "meh" can still be functional and acceptable, imho, and I suspect not much more than "meh" can be found for under $100 if we still want thick quality glass/welds. Not as exciting and sexy as a highly-gridded/diffused piece of art from a top-name blower (such as some of the awesome more expensive pieces from SSFG), but functional and sturdy nonetheless. :2c:

Edit: Charliedontsurf--just looked at your sig. Is that your etsy page? I thought that there was another blower here on FC but I couldn't remember who. I'm very interested in your take on all of this discussion, especially since you're a blower! Care to make any other comments/suggestions? :)

placetime,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
I think he is trying to say this will never happen and we are retarded for trying. Does that about sum it up, TP? Because that's how you come across.

I've got to agree. I think there's blowers out there, willing to do this. I know I sure as @#$% would take a chunk out of my profits, just for the exposure alone! Ask some of the log vape guys, that have waiting lists... how its (exposure) working out for them. They seem to be doing alright, doing something they love. Their prices are certainly reasonable to.

TP, we agree on a lot of stuff... but I think you're wrong here. I don't know why you would want to derail or discourage this process? Go watch those videos of the Black Leaf Saxo, Wat made of the bubbler I just purchased. I'm sorry... but that piece is as nice as a lot of "Made in USA" pieces. Its a higher quality glass, than the typical Chinese bubbler, stronger joints and certainly (from the perc shot Wat did)... cut and finished properly. Is it a Matrix? No... but I don't expect it to be. But, cover the label, let someone rip off it and I'm guessing they're impressed and satisfied. For around $100.

Lev, had an awesome opportunity. I don't know what the truth is, or his circumstances, other than the cryptic messages I received. But, if he got to the point he claimed he did (finishing them off) and then delivered... he probably would have sold 100 of them, faster than he thought possible... even at $200.

I do agree that $100 is probably pushing it. But, for a custom community built exclusive piece that leads to better advertising than any ad, ever will... the $150 price range is certainly do-able and still be a quality piece to be proud of.

Wow you're right, I've been on SSFG way too many times to have never seen the page 2 button :rofl:

You're not alone. I didn't ever see the link, until like my 10th visit.

The only thing that kept me from grabbing the governmint was the inline(?) perc had 6 1/4"+ holes, witch didn't look super appealing to me. If you look closly at the pic, you can see them. 2 cents

I've read that piece in particular, has a LOT of chug. I hate chug with vapor.

BigDaddyVapor,
Reactions: placetime

Tea Party

Boro Connoisseur
just for the exposure alone! Ask some of the log vape guys, that have waiting lists... how its (exposure) working out for them.

The exposure for vapes may work on here but honestly the glass exposure here is dismal at best. A blower trying to make a name for them self is going to be more apt to go to a place like tokecity or boromarkte where there is a much greater pool of buyers with much deeper pockets for glass.

I'm not concerned about the label. I'm concerned about the quality of the glass, the uniformity of the piece, the quality of the welds, the finish on the edges,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Then I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. I've seen some of these guys, such as bOObs, JRR and vito have huge influence over buyers. Frederick has made more than a few sales, with his collection.

As for Boromarket, you're typically talking about trades and/or sales of extremely limited numbers. We're not talking about that. Some guy doesn't typically fire up 50+ bubblers, to sell on Boromarket. At least, not that I'm aware. Some guy makes his custom piece, or buys a custom piece, then sells it or trades it. Its a HQ Limited Audience Swap Meet, is what it is.

My main issue, again... is the discouragement or denial, that something can or can't be done. You say, you just stick to the facts and the truth. TP, I'm the most brutally honest person you will ever meet. Take off the shackles of mods and I'll tell people exactly what I think. They make a nice brake between my mouth and my fingers. Hell, go read the thread on adhesives with the log vapes.

I just think, in this case... if you're going to add to the process, great. Help us out, but cut the "you can't do this and expect that". In the world of small artisans/craftsmen... ANYTHING is possible. Maybe one of those guys is a fan of the forum. Maybe they're a fan of vapor. Maybe, anything. We don't know.

So let the process go its course. Don't need an anchor, don't need someone pissing on the burning ember, we're trying to turn into a fire. The market will determine what and how much.

Zangano Cruel

IG zan.cru (code) zancru (5% NV checkout discount)
The exposure for vapes may work on here but honestly the glass exposure here is dismal at best. A blower trying to make a name for them self is going to be more apt to go to a place like tokecity or boromarkte where there is a much greater pool of buyers with much deeper pockets for glass.

I'm not concerned about the label. I'm concerned about the quality of the glass, the uniformity of the piece, the quality of the welds, the finish on the edges,
I love all what you say, but many people don't have $300 plus for the kind of pieces we all would love to had.
IMO $100 bubbler if it's made locally and middle quality I wouldn't care less. What I'll worry about, is to vape from a $300 plus piece, if I break it I'll never forgive myself, if I break a $100 POS I'll cry but next day I'll be fine.
On the other hand, $300 plus will make me cry for years, and I already read about your comments, yes it's just glass, but it's my fucking $300 that I broke my ass to earn them and I would like to break just a $100 POS glass. Thanks TP for your interest and helpful posts, we really appreciate them here :)

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I tell it like it is.

What you do is tell it like you see it in a condescending manner. This has two unfortunate consequences. One, it makes you think you are right (even when you aren't) and two, it turns off your readers. If you can learn to communicate your facts without distancing those you are trying to help you will be much more effective.

Tea Party

Boro Connoisseur
I love all what you say, but many people don't have $300 plus for the kind of pieces we all would love to had.
IMO $100 bubbler if it's made locally and middle quality I wouldn't care less. What I'll worry about, is to vape from a $300 plus piece, if I break it I'll never forgive myself, if I break a $100 POS I'll cry but next day I'll be fine.
On the other hand, $300 plus will make me cry for years, and I already read about your comments, yes it's just glass, but it's my fucking $300 that I broke my ass to earn them and I would like to break just a $100 POS glass. Thanks TP for your interest and helpful posts, we really appreciate them here :)

How about caring more for the things you buy. I never said something had to be 300, just that 100 isn't going to happen for what people want. Low 200's is more than do able for something they want. How much have people spend here on vapes? $200 for a nice piece that will last a long time is an investment.

I've noticed a few here have bought several 100ish dollar pieces only to have broke them or be dissapointed. Why not just save the money and buy soemthing you'll truely be happy with.

Tea Party,

Tea Party

Boro Connoisseur
What you do is tell it like you see it in a condescending manner. This has two unfortunate consequences. One, it makes you think you are right (even when you aren't) and two, it turns off your readers. If you can learn to communicate your facts without distancing those you are trying to help you will be much more effective.

A. For the most part I have been right about what I have said other than not knowing ALT had build a physical store.

B. If people are so appalled by what I say that thye can't digest it, that's their problem not mine.

Tea Party,

placetime

Has anyone considered starting a thread called something like "the unofficial high-end connoisseur FC bubbler thread"?

That's not what I personally am looking for, but it's sounding like there needs to be a place for people to discuss things like that outside of a discussion of sub-$100 bubblers (which is what we're trying to do here in this thread). :2c:

:peace:

Edit: Another bubbler that I consider to be a cheap quality bubbler is the Vaporbrothers Mini. in fact this one might be closest to fitting people's requirements so far (imho):

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/vaporbrothers-vapo-bubbler.5118/#post-250685

It's currently $89

IMG_9219adjsm.jpg

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Has anyone considered starting a thread called something like "the unofficial high-end connoisseur FC bubbler thread"?

That's not what I personally am looking for, but it's sounding like there needs to be a place for people to discuss things like that outside of a discussion of sub-$100 bubblers (which is what we're trying to do here in this thread). :2c:

Edit: Another bubbler that I consider to be a cheap quality bubbler is the Vaporbrothers Mini. in fact this one might be closest to fitting people's requirements so far (imho):

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/vaporbrothers-vapo-bubbler.5118/#post-250685

It's currently $89
Placetime, I was about to suggest the same exact thing. For sub $100, it seems to be about as much as you could expect.

placetime

Thanks Stu. I was hesitant to continue posting more example bubblers, since the original intent of this thread was to discuss someone creating a new bubbler design using the ideas/requirements that people discuss in the thread. But, it seemed like some people still might need more convincing that it's possible to have thick US-blown quality glass at low cost as long as you keep it very simple and small.

That said, I think that Vaporbrothers Mini is a great deal and I find it very tempting. :tup:

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Thanks Stu. I was hesitant to continue posting more example bubblers, since the original intent of this thread was to discuss someone creating a new bubbler design using the ideas/requirements that people discuss in the thread. But, it seemed like some people still might need more convincing that it's possible to have thick US-blown quality glass at low cost as long as you keep it very simple and small.

That said, I think that Vaporbrothers Mini is a great deal and I find it very tempting. :tup:

The cheap bubblers thread has a lot of good links. This thread seems to be more aimed at what we would like in a bubbler in case someone wants to give it a shot.

Homie

"I Need An Eighth"
Lots of cool and very affordable bubblers in this thread... I am pretty sure Lev is going to make something for FC members in the price range we are seeking.

Zangano Cruel

IMO it can be done, but it need to be polled in between the interested parts, the design and the kind of rules for making it, specs are called ??? what kind of glass, that would be a nice project. Xchabd where are you????? :( he was always kind of on the search always !!!:clap: hope you are ok buddy!!!
Sorry, about that ...
Ok, @stickstones, how we open a poll??? in this thread??? could be fun...
If some blowers show up locally we'll have a $$ and kind of scientific proof that it can be done...
Logistics are really necessary , lots of local communication, areas to be covered, hubs cities???
I mean, in LA, millions of people, at least we could gather 100 people to be willing to pay $100 for a nice FC custom mini ultra cool cheapo but still top end mid-range quality...
Who knows, when you knock on doors, many more doors open suddenly, contacts contacts contacts is the key.
The friend of the friend of the friend of the friend be welcomed. Like ants man, altogether beating the big spider. I get carried on :myday: jajajaja

BTW, I'm on the NW area

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
IMO it can be done, but it need to be polled in between the interested parts, the design and the kind of rules for making it, specs are called ??? what kind of glass, that would be a nice project. Xchabd where are you????? :( he was always kind of on the search always !!!:clap: hope you are ok buddy!!!
Sorry, about that ...
Ok, @stickstones, how we open a poll??? in this thread??? could be fun...
If some blowers show up locally we'll have a $$ and kind of scientific proof that it can be done...
Logistics are really necessary , lots of local communication, areas to be covered, hubs cities???
I mean, in LA, millions of people, at least we could gather 100 people to be willing to pay $100 for a nice FC custom mini ultra cool cheapo but still top end mid-range quality...
Who knows, when you knock on doors, many more doors open suddenly, contacts contacts contacts is the key.
The friend of the friend of the friend of the friend be welcomed. Like ants man, altogether beating the big spider. I get carried on :myday: jajajaja

I'm about 1 1/2 hours N of LA, I know of at least one blower and supposedly there's a few more local guys. I'm kind of hampered on driving (my wife is fighting me on it, until I see the neurologist)... last and only time I talked to him, he had just opened and honestly I wasn't impressed. Though, with my introduction to the fritter type disc, I was hoping maybe he could do that, since he says he doesn't do "scientific glass". I know the frit disc is scientific... but, he should be able to get the concept, even if the thought of a Matrix frightens him.

Whenever I get a chance.

As far as funding. I think the best thing would be to set up a paypal, that either an interested admin or an approved member (I'm not throwing my name in the hat, it should be attended to by whomever is closest to the blower). That way, you can walk in and say... "Dude, here's your down, make 'em, get the rest."

BigDaddyVapor,

Zangano Cruel

Out of context BUT IMO needs some talk. I posted in other thread, DG thread actually, the famous fritter, and he pay to my attention (DG himself) that he has a "Patent Pending" for his creation...
So my question here is,

-1.... We are openly trying to knock off Mobiuses, LKs, SGWs, Toros, BCs, Illadelphs, KCs, an so and so
at least if some blower pays attention to us :) and we know they will, $$$$$$ talks :)
So, do they have patents too??? or we wouldn't care????
-2... Will they try to SUE us if we try to imitate their products???
Will DG try to sue us if we buy frits and blow them from others???
-3... I'm seeing lots of new Log vapes and I like they help each other, no "Patent Pending" yet :) keep it real man :) and no problem there...
_4... Is Black Leaf paying Toro for the micro showerhead can??? So PV is buried to the neck for piracy as we'll...
What guys do you think???

IMO Patents SUCKS big time, ask the kings themselves, Monsanto & Co

Zangano Cruel,

SD_haze

Out of context BUT IMO needs some talk. I posted in other thread, DG thread actually, the famous fritter, and he pay to my attention (DG himself) that he has a "Patent Pending" for his creation...
So my question here is,

-1.... We are openly trying to knock off Mobiuses, LKs, SGWs, Toros, BCs, Illadelphs, KCs, an so and so
at least if some blower pays attention to us :) and we know they will, $$$$$$ talks :)
So, do they have patents too??? or we wouldn't care????
-2... Will they try to SUE us if we try to imitate their products???
Will DG try to sue us if we buy frits and blow them from others???
-3... I'm seeing lots of new Log vapes and I like they help each other, no "Patent Pending" yet :) keep it real man :) and no problem there...
_4... Is Black Leaf paying Toro for the micro showerhead can??? So PV is buried to the neck for piracy as we'll...

According to planetvape, the black leaf smoke shower isn't copying Toro's design, its directly made BY toro. Which means hes making a profit on every one sold.

Zangano Cruel

See it to believe it!!! Now I'm knocked off , that's for sure a tradeoff, from $500 minimum to $169 free shipping. Toro must be desperate IMO

So here's another answer why we should pursue a $100 bubbler....

Fucking Toro is blowing $169 dollars a pop :) suck on that Tea Party :) lol

I'm still not believing the whole Toro story, did someone already asked Toro itself????

Well, the whole point here is, are our asses on the line because we don't want to be sucked into the brand expensive HQ glass we don't want in this thread??? ,

or we want the "HQ BRAND A LA TORO/BLACK LEAF knock offs" POS glass but taken care of and $$$ low price?????

Zangano Cruel,

Tea Party

Boro Connoisseur
Out of context BUT IMO needs some talk. I posted in other thread, DG thread actually, the famous fritter, and he pay to my attention (DG himself) that he has a "Patent Pending" for his creation... Yeah phx has canadian" patent" on the dome circ which evolved into a shower head. I highly doubt DG has a parent on this as there have been frittered pieces around for a long time.
So my question here is,

So, do they have patents too??? or we wouldn't care???? Nope
-2... Will they try to SUE us if we try to imitate their products???Nope
Will DG try to sue us if we buy frits and blow them from others??? Buy your own frit and do as you please
_4... Is Black Leaf paying Toro for the micro showerhead can??? So PV is buried to the neck for piracy as we'll... NO fucking way they are. that black leaf bullshit is made in china and not the US. They are straight up knocking off toro. The work is way sloppy and the circ is not reinforced to the bottom of the can

I <3 Monsanto, great stock.

According to planetvape, the black leaf smoke shower isn't copying Toro's design, its directly made BY toro. Which means hes making a profit on every one sold.
Bullshit, black leaf is Chinese sweat shop glass.

See it to believe it!!! Now I'm knocked off , that's for sure a tradeoff, from $500 minimum to $169 free shipping. Toro must be desperate IMO

Quit spreading lies. That black leaf bullshit is in no way a toro product.

So here's another answer why we should pursue a $100 bubbler....

Same old pipe dream

Fucking Toro is blowing $169 dollars a pop :) suck on that Tea Party :) lol

LOL Chinese sweat shop glass=/= American quality

Go suck on some sweat shop glass. You really trsut a child to spin you a borosilicate tube heated too 2000* while spinning on a lathe. ROFL

I'm still not believing the whole Toro story, did someone already asked Toro itself????

It's nothing more than a lie

Well, the whole point here is, are our asses on the line because we don't want to be sucked into the brand expensive HQ glass we don't want in this thread??? ,

People that say others buy glass for a label say that because they have no used high quality glass before. there is a difference in quality that is easy to see.

or we want the "HQ BRAND A LA TORO/BLACK LEAF knock offs" POS glass but taken care of and $$$ low price?????

Quit spreading misinformation

Tea Party,

Tea Party

Boro Connoisseur
Correcting people who claim that black leaf is toro is far from trolling.

Something made by a chilid in a sweat shop does not compare to something made by an American artist.

Tea Party,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
You don't have anything to add to the conversation, other than derailing and insulting those trying to come up with ideas. That is the epitome (and I can show you the exact meaning) of trolling.

STFU already. We get it. Chinese glass sucks, you won't ever buy it and its the scourge of the modern world.

Enough already.

Modnote: Telling someone to "STFU" is not being nice. Please review the forum rules. If you feel someone is breaking the rules or causing some kind of problem, don’t try to deal with it yourself. Use the Report feature located near the bottom of each post.

Tea Party

Boro Connoisseur
You can't see past the discussion because you are so fixated on something so low priced. Another member was looking for a piece of glass and I pointed them in the direction of something well under what they wanted to spend and they got a good piece of work.

Tea Party,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
you're so myopic and entrenched in your dogma. And abrasive. You'd do well to listen to stickstones' advice, if you want to be a 'wild success' in your endeavours to influence.

Child in a sweatshop? puh-lease :rolleyes:. Overly dramatic. If you want to boycott Chinese or 'foreign' goods because of your own small minded prejudice then go ahead. Fundamentally (though not with out grey bits) I'm glad to have played my small part doing business with China and seeing poverty drastically reduced, and seeing less children forced into work.

You really do talk some rubbish, tea party.

Top Bottom