• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

The Toasty Top

BUZZHEAD

JEFF
Yea the black walnut may be my choice if there's one made. Weither it be the TT or the HI..
Sorta want them both. :)

BUZZHEAD,
Reactions: Alan

u bwade wunner

It would be darn selfish to keep these shots to myself

RedGum Burl Hi-Core TT with Yellow heart resting pegs

jarrahburltt.jpg

York Gum Burl Hi-Core TT with Cocobolo resting pegs

redgumtt.jpg

Awesome work Alan.

Thank You.

More words and pictures to follow.

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
Thanks gvape, papa woody, and mom. Thanks for posting the photos u bwade. They were very interesting woods to turn. The gum burl was still very wet after a year and I had some significant shrinkage with which to deal. It also smelled like a hotdog with mustard when I turned the wood. They both have old Heat Island cores in them so any of my roasting tubes can be used. The heat up time is 5 minutes like the HI and it still makes a great hand warmer.

u bwade wunner

So bwade; was that the wood you sent to Alan?

Yes it sure is Mom.Sent in June 2012.

I think everyone should own a TT:).

I believe they actually spin too.

I cant wait to take both these ladies for a spin:D..... somehow i think I will be the one who is taken for a spin:freak:

thanks papa woody.I know you are up soon.Alan has lots of nice wood.You are sure to be looked after well.:tup:

Love that york gum burl.
Thanks Gvape.I think its perfect.I really did nt expect it to look so good.Do you use your'e TT much?

u bwade wunner

Hey thanks Ed..Things are pretty pleasant right now:) .These beauties will keep me rockin no doubt:rockon:

hope You get to add one of these to your'e real nice wood collection one day soon Bro' :tup:
I have another few surprises on the way from the JedHi Master,himself...They'll ll be sbout soon:D.
Good luck with Your'e new shop:clap:

JJ420

chillin on the couch, sippin off a 22 ounce.
^^ So I've been using my (new to me) Mahogany Toasty Top this past week. First impressions: A lot like the PD but with larger, fatter clouds. For a desktop vape this thing is right up my alley. Bit of a learning curve to it, but once mastered it starts taking over everything else. Construction and attention to detail are absolutely top notch. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful... loving it! :cool:

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
Glad you are enjoying your Toasty Top. It does run a little hotter than the PD since there is less wood to remove the heat and the heating element is a little closer to the roasting bowl.

I thought that the wood was mohogany when I made it, but believe it may actually be bubinga. That is one of my very first Turbo Tubes with the silicone covering most of the glass tube. They will work with the Toasty Top. The silicone just sort of snaps onto the end of the center tube for an air tight fit.

Happy roasting.

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
I don't get as many requests for Toasty Tops after creating the HI. I did get one recently and decided the old style core just wasn't going to cut it. Had wondered if the heater cover screws would come out of the wood where the top gets narrow. I was able to install the new style SS heater cover using 3/4" long ss screws which don't come through the bottom part. It now works exactly like the HI and accepts all of the roasting tubes. The Wine Cork Tube works well with it.
Heat Island Technology works well no matter what size/shape of wood or voltage source for the heater.

hitop.jpg

Angryman

The Benzedrine's got my teeth wiggling.
Ok, its official, I want one of these things... A toasty-island.

How do I go about getting on the wait list, Alan? I tried to send an email to the address listed on the website and it said that the delivery had failed...

Top Bottom