Discontinued The Sublimator

stickstones

Vapor concierge
darb...I'll be interested to know if you think it feels different than the flower hits from the sub. one theory is that the sleepies are going into the reclaim.

stickstones,
Reactions: Tweek

green2brown

darb...I'll be interested to know if you think it feels different than the flower hits from the sub. one theory is that the sleepies are going into the reclaim.

I've taken several dabs of the reclaim, and while not too able to tell its specific effects since I was already medicated each time I've used it, it definitely hasn't made me at all sleepy. Usually it's been a really nice pick me up actually.

Tweek

I find that so far I can get the effects I want by playing with the temp. I'm with Sticks...loving the low temperature. Maybe it is just me, but it feels way more pronounced than anything I could get out of my Volcano. Feels more...complete?

Detonator

Damn I want one!

Any idea when the full kit will be available???or even better ther GEAR Kit, or even better that that I want the big gear kit like in this pic? I really like the way it is all on a stand. I been looking at glass but I think I'd rather have something made specific, and this looks awesome.

Detonator,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
anyone else noticing an efficiency with this thing? I have one of those tobacco pipe tools with the little spoon on it. I usually put about 2 - 2.5 of those in my Cloud's elb, but I am consistently only using one in the Sub. If I put more than that in there it usually has too many hits for the load before it starts to taste spent.

I'll take that elb load and hit it on the Cloud about four to six times and it is spent with a nice tan color. I'll take the one spoonful in the Sub and hit it one to three times (my ghetto rig seems to yield smaller hits, so most sessions with it take three hits, whereas my Ion was clearing it in one hit for the most part) and be done with it with a lighter tan color. I'm not having more sessions than I was with the Cloud, just using less herb per session and getting a different mental effect that I like.

Last night I had two Sub bowls, each with a little herb and some kief...about the same total amount I would put in one elb and got rocked. I saw myself in the mirror...squinty little bloodshot eyes like I haven't felt in a long time.

satyrday

Combusted for the first time last night. Sometimes I turn on max for my 3-part herbal combo (one herb really requires the evil red-eye temp). Before it had always toasted dark brown to black but never combusted. This time I had fire in the hole and dumped out ash. Still tasted good - smooth smoke. But wow, the effects were far out (it may be time to dust that phrase off again). Got into the territory that doesn't happen too often anymore where it turns into a near downer head trip - examining parts of my life that usually seem inconsequential but suddenly seem to need correcting. I always learn a lot from those experiences. Last hit of the night - once you hit that territory best to give it a rest.

ghost>boogie on

iko-iko all day
my bad if i missed it, is there a vid or whatnot about how the reclaim works?
im interested in this bad larry.

ghost>boogie on,

Tweek

Careful there, now Tweek! You are flirting with the dark side!

You've obviously never been to chat. :spliff:

Nah, I love vaping too much. I was pretty surprised at how smooth the smoke was, though. When I did smoke, it was mainly J's as I found bongs to be too much smoke at once (weaksauce)...but I was able to take a massive lungful out of the sublimator.

toros23

You've obviously never been to chat. :spliff:.

I actually checked it out yesterday when site was down but was too damn hard to read. Will try the alternate widget next time.. : )

edit: sorry for distraction - back to sublimating for you lucky folks who own one!

toros23,

satyrday

You've obviously never been to chat. :spliff:

Nah, I love vaping too much. I was pretty surprised at how smooth the smoke was, though. When I did smoke, it was mainly J's as I found bongs to be too much smoke at once (weaksauce)...but I was able to take a massive lungful out of the sublimator.
Smoothest smoke I've experienced. It was a little more copper colored in the dry bubbler than the usual gray vapor. Took in a huge lungful and didn't cough. Not sure why it combusted this time as I've used it on max several times before. Maybe had a little more mj fluff in there to kindle it.

I wonder if some of this effect with smoke is similar to what that Model 419 smoker's pipe delivers? Might need to try that for kicks sometime.

satyrday,

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
I have one of those 419s and it is smoother then a regular pipe but it isn't magic.

Dreamerr,
Reactions: satyrday

JoeKickass

Man it was a trip reading this thread! :tup:

Do you guys think there's there enough space between the heater and the screen to allow the herbs to swirl around in the airflow?

JoeKickass,

Airlesscoma

The key is balance
I found a cool downstem that could be used as a good claim catching device on ioffer. Look up oregonglassblower, its his 12 hole "showerhead" downstem. The end is closed and you can get it in different lengths. Lemme kno what you guys think about it.:haw:

Airlesscoma,

CheeseSandwich

I found a cool downstem that could be used as a good claim catching device on ioffer. Look up oregonglassblower, its his 12 hole "showerhead" downstem. The end is closed and you can get it in different lengths. Lemme kno what you guys think about it.:haw:

I actually have one of these, except mine still has the end hole as well. Although i do see one on ioffer that has a closed end. Unfortunately, the down stem isnt wide enough to accept the sublimator downstem. I'm sure if you message oregonglassblower though he might be able to do a custom one, he's a really nice guy.

edit: mine is a 14 mm too , so a 18 mm might work?

CheeseSandwich,

Tweek

There is also the PV reclaimer that you will be able to drop into your piece. That will make collecting all the honey alot easier while still getting to use glass of your choice.

Airlesscoma

The key is balance
Thanks for the info Cheese, I did forget to take into account the stem of the sub:ko:. The honey and the potentially easier ability to retrieve it is one of the benefits I look forward to in the sub over other vapes.

Airlesscoma,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
Glad everyone is having a good time with the device. After the first week I am kind of at a loss. The way it is intended to be used does not work for my needs. The effects are too cerebral and not enough body. I can't seem to find a balance between the temperature and the effects. I either combust, or I get a Sativa effect. The Sativa feeling fades quickly and is usually gone in 20-3 minutes, but I am left then wanting that body buzz.

If I take the atomizer apart and just use the bowl portion I get a much more manageable experience. I am able to feel a more pronounced body effect to counterbalance any cerebral effect. The sedation seems much more pronounced.

I think part of of what I am missing is the terpenes. There have been several studies that show that terpenes play an important role in the effectiveness of the medication. When the atomizer is hot and you load you bowl you will produce some conductive/radiative vapor. You can also smell all the terpenoids being cooked off. When I use the atomizer hot I miss the taste of those terpenoids. When i use the atomizer cold I can taste those terpenoids again. For instance one terpene called beta-caryophyllene (BCP) which they believe can act as an analgesic . If I am not getting those kind of terpenes in my hit. That might be one of the factors that leaves me feeling like I can get the exact effects I am looking for.

Wish I had a better understanding of what is changing chemically in the vapor when you use the atomizer hot.

CheeseSandwich

sorry to hear that it's not fitting your needs slim.

Tweek: ya, i plan on getting a reclaimer for ease of use.

CheeseSandwich,

Darb

Loving BHO more and more every day with the Sublimator!
The effects of that sublimate from this morning were similar to the flowers. Not extra sleepy or anything.

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
Slim, even though it wasn't made to use without the atomizer maybe that is the way for you. You like quick one hits and the body high and that is what you are getting. So if used with no atomizer do you think this vape is great for you or still not?

Dreamerr,
Top Bottom