Discontinued The Sublimator

stickstones

Vapor concierge
jka...there is definitely room for a dance if turbulence is being created.

I'm amazed...One scoop got three really thick hits and a fourth finisher. The duff came out light tan to dark green and I am sativa baked!

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
Slim, even though it wasn't made to use without the atomizer maybe that is the way for you. You like quick one hits and the body high and that is what you are getting. So if used with no atomizer do you think this vape is great for you or still not?

Well, with the unit taken apart it is kind of weird to use... although it works. I need an oven glove to mess with the bowl. It gets too hot to touch. Also the bowl/metal rests directly on the GonG joint, which I don't like. If I could have a custom bowl made that did not have the atomizer/down stem I might actually enjoy it more. Currently it is not very practical to use just the funnel/bowl without the handle/atomizer/stem portion.

Slightly Medicated,

Tweek

I'd say if folks feel the need to remove the atomizer, they might as well look at another vape. IMO it's all part of the fun. No harm in experimenting if you already have one, of course :)

jka...there is definitely room for a dance if turbulence is being created.

I'm amazed...One scoop got three really thick hits and a fourth finisher. The duff came out light tan to dark green and I am sativa baked!

My first day with it, I got out of the house and did all my grocery shopping. I never gleefully leave the house to get groceries. Ever. :D Very pronounced Sativa effect for sure.

Edit: I did end up getting paranoid someplace between the fruit and vegetables, but I made it home safely.

jambandphan03

in flavor country
So I'm home again :D happy and exhausted. Had a great weekend of music and a much needed visit with good friends. I have to say I thought of the Sub the entire weekend, and even got a few people interested, talking it up, and a bit mad that I didn't bring it along (I had no idea we would have power near by). We rolled into this fest VIP style, had a spot already waiting for us just feet from the entrance, and had the easiest set up I've ever experienced at any festival ever, camping with Poor Man's Whiskey and friends, with a mountain view that left you speechless.

mkC3IR3.jpg

MKyf4E1.jpg

I came home, and immediately plugged in and warmed up the Sub. according to the markings I put on there last week, then proceeded to unload the car/camper. When I was done I sat down and loaded a pinch of herb and instantly got the creamy dense hits I was expecting!

I'm way too tired to try to analyze my experiences with using it any other way right now, other than how pleased I am to come home this exhausted and have this beast of a machine waiting and ready to use when I was done unpacking. Took both me and my man right where we needed to be after a long drive! Off to go chill and enjoy the rest of my evening. Still need to do a bit more reading to catch up...

I LOVE my SUBLIMATOR!! :luv:

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Just woke from a nice, and much needed Sub-induced nap... At the festival, we had a view of Bachelor, 3 sisters and Jefferson, as well as the rest of the lower peaks that are in between :) it was an awesome little venu/ranch just outside of Bend, OR.

All I can really say about the Sublimator right now, at this very moment is, what ever the science is behind it, it's a f*cking amazing invention that really works the way it is supposed to, and I am absolutely impressed and so happy I got one. It hits hard, thick, and potent vapor once the temp is dialed in just right. My only complaint so far, even though mine works fine, I can see how it would benefit from a slightly more specialized power dial. So far, I have not burned myself and have taken to using this quite naturally.

For those who want more cloud comparisons, I won't spend too much time here, but I had a cloud for many months, and it hit really similar with, fast, dense vapor, that you can use a hard draw to fill a tube, but is a completely different experience using it otherwise. Loading technique is one of the obvious differences. I personally feel better with the Sub because it is not made with glass parts, or a bunch of electronics to possibly fail, it's just simple and durable, and the size/look works for me. I like that science looking gear anyway. I do wish the lower handle on the atomizer were a couple of inches shorter out of fear of bumping it while it's resting in my glass, but so far, it has not really been as much of a bump hazard as I was expecting it to be, I just swing it back and out of the way.

The Sub really is simple to use once you get it down, and dialed in. My ABV has been very uniform and a nice toasty brown after 2 hits, though if I leave it in the chamber too long, it will darken, so empty the load when you finish your hits. I have a fine mesh PV solo screen in mine that sits at the top ring inside that does not fall out when I tap my load out, and the small screen just on top of the smaller atomizer tube. Seems to work fine, my oils are just starting to build up in the cloud buddy, and it looks pretty clean so far having the double screen set up.
Golden goodness :smug: I'll likely try some out when there is enough to scrape.

I have been loading a small pinch or two at a time, and getting at least 2 milky hits from it. Very conservative if you want it to be, because you get such a big punch from such a small load. I still need to read more in the forum to see what I missed over the weekend, so I will be catching up in the morning when I am not so blasted from getting Subbed! This thing hits so well with flowers that I really haven't started exploring the concentrates much yet, but it has only been a couple of daze so far having it. I ordered that set of paint stir tools, they look pretty nice and useful for stir/scraping, to use while we wait for the moon tool to come out.
SO STOKED!!
:tup:

CheeseSandwich

CheeseSandwich,

b0

Cloudy...
Glad everyone is having a good time with the device. After the first week I am kind of at a loss. The way it is intended to be used does not work for my needs. The effects are too cerebral and not enough body. I can't seem to find a balance between the temperature and the effects. I either combust, or I get a Sativa effect. The Sativa feeling fades quickly and is usually gone in 20-3 minutes, but I am left then wanting that body buzz.

If I take the atomizer apart and just use the bowl portion I get a much more manageable experience. I am able to feel a more pronounced body effect to counterbalance any cerebral effect. The sedation seems much more pronounced.

I think part of of what I am missing is the terpenes. There have been several studies that show that terpenes play an important role in the effectiveness of the medication. When the atomizer is hot and you load you bowl you will produce some conductive/radiative vapor. You can also smell all the terpenoids being cooked off. When I use the atomizer hot I miss the taste of those terpenoids. When i use the atomizer cold I can taste those terpenoids again. For instance one terpene called beta-caryophyllene (BCP) which they believe can act as an analgesic . If I am not getting those kind of terpenes in my hit. That might be one of the factors that leaves me feeling like I can get the exact effects I am looking for.

Wish I had a better understanding of what is changing chemically in the vapor when you use the atomizer hot.

I have read all the post and reading Slim ones I'm pretty sure that (sorrowfully) this is not for me. I like the indica feeling and usually don't vape sativas, but it seems like everyone here is feeling a Sativa high. Have you tried strong Indica strains guys? Anyone with a nice Indica body feeling with the Sub?

b0,

Tweek

I have read all the post and reading Slim ones I'm pretty sure that (sorrowfully) this is not for me. I like the indica feeling and usually don't vape sativas, but it seems like everyone here is feeling a Sativa high. Have you tried strong Indica strains guys? Anyone with a nice Indica body feeling with the Sub?

I've had no problem attaining an Indica high...took me awhile to dial things in, but I can get the effects I want pretty easily now.

b0

Cloudy...
I've had no problem attaining an Indica high...took me awhile to dial things in, but I can get the effects I want pretty easily now.

I have read so much about sativa highs in this post that I started to think that was imposible to have a nice relaxing indica high with this :lol:

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
If you want to be accurate with your heat dial try using a kill-a-watt.

http://www.amazon.com/P3-International-P4400-Electricity-Monitor/dp/B00009MDBU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1372070860&sr=8-1&keywords=Kill a watt

Instead of using a dial position you can use watts. This is much more accurate then trying to find the same spot on the dial.

Good find & solution !!

I was centered more around a voltage controller (enclosed) and a rewire job for a better cord and with ground. But the prices I'm seeing for that arrangement are upwards of $100 landed.

But this find is definitely a less expensive solution without a doubt provided it kill-a-watt will work properly with a 2 prong (non grounded) connection (I wasn't able to confirm). And just make sure your relying on the wattage info to select, because voltage monitor range is only 85-120v.

Thks for the find :tup:

smokum,
Reactions: Tweek

green2brown

If you want to be accurate with your heat dial try using a kill-a-watt.

http://www.amazon.com/P3-Internatio...F8&qid=1372070860&sr=8-1&keywords=Kill+a+watt

Instead of using a dial position you can use watts. This is much more accurate then trying to find the same spot on the dial.

I just read the manual for this and it doesn't say it can control output, only that it can record statistics regarding power usage. Do you have one already by any chance?

Can't we just use any VVPS? Set the Sub dial to max and then limit the power through the VVPS?

green2brown,

smokum

I just read the manual for this and it doesn't say it can control output, only that it can record statistics regarding power usage. Do you have one already by any chance?

Can't we just use any VVPS? Set the Sub dial to max and then limit the power through the VVPS?

The VVPS's I've come across ' ain't ' cheap, lol... and yes, that would work to replace the entire cord/dial (my choice & want).

And yes, the kill-a-watt is a 'monitor' only, yet it 'will' allow you dial in the wattage being used via adjusting the dial that comes with the sub for a more accurate means of reading it.

PlanetHaze

Don't Vaporize The Planet !, Vaporize Yourself
Retailer
...I can't seem to find a balance between the temperature and the effects. I either combust, or I get a Sativa effect. The Sativa feeling fades quickly and is usually gone in 20-3 minutes, but I am left then wanting that body buzz.

I think part of of what I am missing is the terpenes...
Removing the atomizer or running it cold is using the Sub against its design principles. Your experience seems to be the exact opposite of every report we have received from Sub owners. Maybe it is your strains, using a Sativa blend and expecting Indica results? Even if that Sativa blend works in other vapes, the Sub will have a more defined separation between Sativa and Indica, see below. The Sub does a full spectrum extraction, that includes terpenoids as well as harder to attain CBDs. It would be interesting to have a proper lab analysis done on various vaporizers, measuring the herb before and after to see exactly what was extracted.

I have read so much about sativa highs in this post that I started to think that was imposible to have a nice relaxing indica high with this :lol:
If you read the posts before Slims you will see that most people thought you got more of an Indica, put you to sleep feeling. With the Sublimator your strain actually makes a bigger difference than with standard vaporizers. If you are using Sativas or a Sativa dominant strain you will notice the Sativa effects much more clearly. Same with Indicas, a nice bedtime dose of an Indica dominant strain in the Sub = Hello Sandman. Sometimes the sedative effects from an Indica dominant strain are so strong IMO, that you forget you have arms and legs attached.

green2brown

Hey PV, any updates on the reclaimer? I've wasted a good few drops of reclaim to the table already :(.

For those interested, I finally gave the reclaim a try from a sober start and found it to be a balanced blend of all that I've been running through the Sub. I've been using mostly indicas with some sativas and hybrids thrown in, probably about 65-35 indica. The reclaim hit was heavy, but nowhere near debilitating, with nice calming effects on my GI tract. And it surprisingly gave me a fair amount of energy and euphoria. I'm liking it for daytime dabbing.

smokum

I still scared to try a dab on it following the 'near dab' quality effect I get from flowers :ko:

But tomorrow will be THE DAY !! as I'm getting together with a couple good canna friends looking forward to get Sublimated ;)

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I wouldn't say I am getting a stronger "sativa" effect because that would mean I would be all anxious and a bit jittery. I get that from most sativas for at least until the high starts to taper down, and low temps will also bring this on. I am not getting any of this from the Sub. I am just getting a very strong effect, from the herbs I have been using for months, so I know what they feel like with other vapes. Maybe it's being compared to sativa high because it seems so functional for being such a heavy punch. I do have some energy but its more like I just feel really good, so less is slowing me down. I'm still just really getting the chance to really use the Sub, as today will be my first full day with the Sub as my main driver. I'll report more if anything changes, but so far, I really don't understand why SLIM is having trouble, unless it's user error or maybe this just isn't the right vape for his needs. I'm sad that it's not going better for you SLIM.

The beginning of something beautiful:

Le5t9LT.jpg

Tweak

T\/\/34|<

I own one. No it is not meant to control voltage output, only let you know how much you are using.

I'm guessing what elmomuzz is referring to is that with the kill a watt you can measure the exact amount of Amps and Voltage the Sub is using up, using the dial adjust to your preferred setting and record that number. Then you can always return to that setting by reading the kill a watt display.

I doubt it. Looks like the Sub is AC not DC.

Tweek

I just got ' Doubled ' Tweeked ...
I thought you switched avatars .

The best things always come in pairs. :D

Edit: Finally restocked. Just dropped a tiny bit of great white shark in, got a nice milky hit which took the duff to a chocolate brown. I can feel my muscles and joints relaxing...some bones popping delightfully. My mind is ready for a creative rush any moment. :smug:

Edit#2: Just got some of the PV screens. They are great! Similar to Solo screens, but these fit perfectly and can be seated with just a finger.

Edit#3: Just took a hit of budder...see you in a few hours. :zzz:

Top Bottom