Discontinued The Sublimator

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
i'm using my DR dewaar beaker, with a cloud buddy, similar to jam's setup.
the width on bottom and thinness on top is really helping it be stable. the
intake is above eye-line so dabs are a little bit of a neck crane, but so worth it.
it's amazing how much you can get with so little. and then quick dump and quick fill.

i can't waiiit to try the sublimate.
thankfully these stacks and balls full of shatter and budder and sap will hold me over.
seriously, this master kush and i could go run laps. maybe i'll do that right after i eat :)
moved the screen, draw got better. got pv screens on the way as well.
they really should machine a little divot for the screen to lock into, i'm talkin microns.
and this kill-a-watt is mandatory (again cheers to g2b).

Tommii

Subdivision Founder / Sublimator Ambassador
i'm using my DR dewaar beaker, with a cloud buddy, similar to jam's setup.
the width on bottom and thinness on top is really helping it be stable. the
intake is above eye-line so dabs are a little bit of a neck crane, but so worth it.
it's amazing how much you can get with so little. and then quick dump and quick fill.

i can't waiiit to try the sublimate.
thankfully these stacks and balls full of shatter and budder and sap will hold me over.
seriously, this master kush and i could go run laps. maybe i'll do that right after i eat :)
moved the screen, draw got better. got pv screens on the way as well.
they really should machine a little divot for the screen to lock into, i'm talkin microns.
and this kill-a-watt is mandatory (again cheers to g2b).

Where do you live? If you live around my area, I don't mind you trying out my piece with the sublimator.

Tommii,

PlanetHaze

Don't Vaporize The Planet !, Vaporize Yourself
Retailer
I had a lot of fun last night. But on the serious side of things, and for the first time in quite a while, I woke up slightly medicated, and remarkably pain free. That has not happened for quite some time.

Also my appetite seems to have returned, I have just been eating out of habit for a while now and I actually woke up hungry.

Thanks again guys, I feel like I've stumbled upon an ancient secret or something even if it's a modern innovation.

I was thinking of a word that surprisingly didn't come up when searching through this thread:

Sublivape. As in let's get sublivaped.

Or more apropos for this am, wake and sublivape :science:

JK, I used the SSV this am. Gonna keep the sub for bedtime:zzz:
There are a few verbs we've been using; get subbed, get sublimated, get subbed up...

I believe Enrico uses something along the lines of 'get sub'ning' and 'subbing'...

Sublivaped is definitely a new one.
We like the term Sublinaut - once you have your own Sublimator, you are now an official Sublinaut.

The Sublimator Canadian Tour is about to start! Starting on the East Coast and going cross country all the way to British Columbia. It is a once in a lifetime tour, get Subin'in with Enrico and MarijuanaMan, watch for new videos almost daily from the tour. Have a great location in your city to help spread some Sub Love? the Sublimator Canadian Tour can stop in.

Sublimators are expected to arrive this next week with pre orders starting today. The Sublimator factory is going on summer shut down for 2 weeks starting today and then production will need 2 more weeks after that to get units shipping again. We are posting this info because of so many availability emails we are receiving, we just want to give a heads up that supply of Sublimators will be tight for the next 4 weeks.

New Sublimator clothing will be available next week also, will post pics as soon as available. Our Website Sublimator photos will also be updated / added once new stock arrives.

Peace and Love,
PV

mmafighterthe25

We like the term Sublinaut - once you have your own Sublimator, you are now an official Sublinaut.
Sublimators are expected to arrive this next week with pre orders starting today. The Sublimator factory is going on summer shut down for 2 weeks starting today and then production will need 2 more weeks after that to get units shipping again. We are posting this info because of so many availability emails we are receiving, we just want to give a heads up that supply of Sublimators will be tight for the next 4 weeks.

Peace and Love,
PV

\

just pre ordered 14mm sublimator adapt a bong off planetvape.ca, finally in the motha fucking club

photobooth

Great to see all these Sublinauts in Vancouver! Just waiting to save up the cash for my own, maybe I'll try and catch Enrico on the end of the tour in Vancouver.

photobooth,

Dopevape

Well if you really wanna play with the Sublimator why not get a UFO/Sputnik? It works great :D I meant SUBLIME!
Got it since yesterday thx to PlanetVape it arrived in Europe very fast :o cudosfor a great service!!
This UFO does take a bit of a learning curve as to how to heat it up properly or it might be just me :s anyway i got it to work with a torch properly now can take a few serious hits before i need to reheat. Think the UFO is best served in a campfire :D. Also the activation of the atomizer had me puzzled at first but it is pretty straight forward just let the UFO heat up the atomizer for u. This is prolly all more straightfoward when using the electric version and u just sit and wait 10 minute for the whole device to get hot enough plus u can dial in temps sort off :). Thats why I'm getting the electric version 2 !!!!
Yeah this is Caveman style allright very much in style :p It gets you nicely medicated in a way much desired by me and prolly alot of others. Don't need much for a serious bongrip and the hit is sooo smooth i cant believe it :D compared to the other thing i use this is Smoothness itself taking hits like a champ. wow...
Nice Job Enrico you took vaporisation to the next lvl!!

Enrico

Manufacturer
this is my or the new promo (becoming sublinaut)
one small step for man kind, a giant toke for humanity )lol i am just fucking around

Well if you really wanna play with the Sublimator why not get a UFO/Sputnik? It works great :D I meant SUBLIME!
Got it since yesterday thx to PlanetVape it arrived in Europe very fast :o cudosfor a great service!!
This UFO does take a bit of a learning curve as to how to heat it up properly or it might be just me :s anyway i got it to work with a torch properly now can take a few serious hits before i need to reheat. Think the UFO is best served in a campfire :D. Also the activation of the atomizer had me puzzled at first but it is pretty straight forward just let the UFO heat up the atomizer for u. This is prolly all more straightfoward when using the electric version and u just sit and wait 10 minute for the whole device to get hot enough plus u can dial in temps sort off :). Thats why I'm getting the electric version 2 !!!!
Yeah this is Caveman style allright very much in style :p It gets you nicely medicated in a way much desired by me and prolly alot of others. Don't need much for a serious bongrip and the hit is sooo smooth i cant believe it :D compared to the other thing i use this is Smoothness itself taking hits like a champ. wow...
Nice Job Enrico you took vaporisation to the next lvl!!
i used that unit for 2 years before raising enough money to do the electric version ,have you tried dabbing with it...wwwwowoooowowoowoowoowowoowoowoow!!!!!!!am i still here ? will be your next question=I CREATED THIS THING 4 YEARS AGO .IT,S THE ONLY ANALOGUE SUBLIMATOR ON THE MARKET THAT WILL LET HIT YOU HIT CONCENTRATE AND FLOWERS ONE AFTER THE OTHER , OR TOGETHER (DOUBLEDECKER)

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
yea, i am def. sold.
went to bed medicated as hell, woke up clear and ready for more. i like turning it down to 15-20 kw between sesh to conserve on power, turn it up wait 5, turn it back to desired temp wait 1-2 more and good to go . have already made my "sub station". i even have taken hand-held hits with my cbuddy and j-hook.
videos to come.

oh and yes, have my first small burn. i recommend this
https://www.inesscents.com/products/body-butters/organic-african-shea-butter-unscented
https://www.inesscents.com/products/body-butters/100-usda-organic-unrefined-african-shea-butter

it is so good for burns of all types, sun included (coming from a ginger, fyi, lol)
it cuts like butter, but a little warmth and liberal application and oh baby.
don't even feel it this morning.

agree with others that some parts could/should be wrapped in some high temp silicone or vinyl.
def. wouldn't recommend to those with coordination problems, but whoooweeeeee.
anyone remember the posies?
i keep hearing this with the lyrics "i can dab all day, no butane for me"

enrico and crew, this sub's for you!

Monsoon

Just put in my order for the Sublimator Adapt-A-Bong (and stuff for 3 other vapes lol), can't wait to get it. As much as anything I'm looking forward to less cleaning. I've found the amber that builds up in the glass and bags of the ExtremeQ irritates my throat so all my pieces require daily cleaning with ISO and bag changes once a week.

Monsoon,

grokit

well-worn member
I want a moon tool :haw:

I must have extremely stable power (relatively new grid). I wanted a kill-a-watt anyways (the calculating one is incoming), but I don't think I will need it for the subster. My liquid paper mark has been right on for initial use, then I back it off just a hair if I want to keep it going a while.

I am rural and toward the end of that grid, so because of semi-frequent outages the camping setup has definitely caught my eye. The travel kit is cool too.

I have been using one of these with my lsv just because the stray water tool sometimes joins the party...

81dzep9AiLL._AA1500_.jpg

grokit,
Reactions: Dopevape

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
These are made in Montreal (I think)

i have heard this repeatedly, but then going thru videos i found this...

go to the :45 mark to hear him say "we are here to source some electronics".
i am guessing the steel and ti are machined in Cananda, but the rest....

on another subject...

can someone please put a contact BBQ thermometer against the stainless steel and take some readings??? pretty please??? also on the atomizer???

so at normal flower temp we are around 165f-190f on the outside of the heating unit
and around 120-135 for the atomizer where the herb goes (material chamber). and the glass was around 100

at top temp the heating unit was like 250f-290f and the atomizer (material chamber) was 135-150; while the glass topped out at 135

i used my laser thermometer for readings

on again another subject
to sub or not to sub,
if all the magic happens at the bottom in the long warm down stem, why don't we try to vape without it.
maybe unscrew atomizer and teflon drop into a female joint that you don't care about (cheap piece, adapter, etc..) and vape that way to test the difference? we can wrap the contact point of the atomizer in plumber's tape to help the seal.
just a thought. will get back to it eventually

EDiT -
oh, and i'll put this in a video soon, but the hakkko 633 series of soldering iron holders
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=hakko 633

are excellent for holding the heating unit and atomizer together so that the teflon can fully expand, before hitting your glass.
i have the 599/B unit at the top and warning, the jar in the center isn't attached to the holder and is not holding it down.
http://www.amazon.com/Hakko-Iron-Holder-For-Desoldering/dp/B000PDWEAG/ref=pd_sim_sbs_indust_4
it looks like the lip for this one actually catches so you could weight it down.

the major bonus is the atomizer handle fits snugly between the grooves in the black intake, giving it a seriously stable feeling. i, like jam, am using my old TET Alpha Ultra Case to help counter-balance.

exit

I have a whole army of Hakko soldering/desoldering products! Send me your sub and i'll tell you which one works best :D

weedemon

enthusiast
Hey, a Ti based apollo unit! this is awesome! you can tell by the colour difference. wonder how much more it will cost over stainless?

@enrico

is there any risk of electrocution from putting our metal dabbers into the crater holes? the "red eye" is ceramic so thats pretty sake I assume... but could that ever happen?

weedemon,

Dopevape

on again another subject
to sub or not to sub,
if all the magic happens at the bottom in the long warm down stem, why don't we try to vape without it.
maybe unscrew atomizer and teflon drop into a female joint that you don't care about (cheap piece, adapter, etc..) and vape that way to test the difference? we can wrap the contact point of the atomizer in plumber's tape to help the seal.
just a thought. will get back to it eventually

Not sure if im following? So remove the downstem the one that isn't that hot with the teflon stopper on it? Hmm you might be on to something there. But then u lose the collection point of the Sublimate right? Not sure if it will have much effect. Will try this later tho ^^ I just went thru my complete stash in the Sublimator... bah .. Hit after Hit after Hit :D

I want a moon tool :haw:

I am rural and toward the end of that grid, so because of semi-frequent outages the camping setup has definitely caught my eye. The travel kit is cool too.

Damn I did not realise they would send a moon tool afterwards when u bought a Sublimator...
Allrdy gone and bought Happy Daddy Titanium concentrate tool.. /cry

I can totally recommend the UFO kit. I was interested in the Mercury kit as well but on a tight budget so went with the UFO and a cheap bong instead. I have the feeling the UFO could serve both purposes outdoor campfire or torching quite well. The UFO has some sort of metal mass making it retain heat a little longer (Sputnik doesn't have this! Thats why i got UFO) so u can do some hits in a row, it also has the handling chain which i think is a plus over the Sputnik which needs a pliers to be handeled. This is my view on it others maybe disagree but i think this is best buy when u go for camping kit.
I recommend oven mittens... OR a goddamn super focus when using this thing :D!!!
First day i allrdy grabbed it by the chain too close to the heating element :p omg that was hot! i could see the chainlinks in my skin. Don't let this scare you tho :) this kit is everybit as good as the electric.. Just analog :) and if you would like? get yourself a thermometer and pinpoint exact temperatures :D to vape on. After a while you could just time your heating with the torch for example for a correct heating every time.. i dunno whatever rocks your boat ;)

weedemon

enthusiast
tahanks for the review of the torch version! it sound like a cool addition!

sorry to hear you got burned dude :(

my 2 burns are almost healed up. the first one is probably going leave a scar though! lol

weedemon,

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
Not sure if im following? So remove the downstem the one that isn't that hot with the teflon stopper on it? Hmm you might be on to something there. But then u lose the collection point of the Sublimate right? Not sure if it will have much effect. Will try this later tho ^^ I just went thru my complete stash in the Sublimator... bah .. Hit after Hit after Hit :D

there was discussion as to the difference between vaping and sublimating.
the magic seemed to be mostly happening in that bottom section.
to test the difference i was suggesting that.
if that makes sense.
glad to hear the analog version works great as well

Bob Loblaw,
Reactions: ataxian

Dopevape

there was discussion as to the difference between vaping and sublimating.
the magic seemed to be mostly happening in that bottom section.
to test the difference i was suggesting that.
if that makes sense.
glad to hear the analog version works great as well

ye i get it. But screwing off the bottom part i dunno if that will give you any more knowledge. The magic part is the atomizer it self just underneath the screen. to my understanding the magic is the part where the whole bowl gets heated up to equilibrium :). What happens is the initial vapor gets reheated again in that part and i can see the difference when i put my Verdamper next to the Sub and look at that. The moment the vapor get formed inside the Verdamper bowl and it exits? it will start cooling allrdy.. cause of the not being heated factor.. and the glass tubes also have other/lower/room temp. This in turn will make your vapor cool off again and prolly faster then we imagine cause it has only just been scratched/brought into vapor. The evidence is in my verdamper it collects resins along side the downstems towards the coolingwater. Also in the beaker after the vapor exits the water into the chamber before inhaling there is alot of resin loss it builds up on the sides after few uses. The sublimator heats your vapor path a little further and longer I suppose.
That is what i just came up with after thinking a bit about it :) its pretty genius and im prolly not even scratching the surface :p the only part i don't know is why the tube where sublimate collects doesn't get hot... the heat should transfer over there as well :s?

Edit: The atomizer is indeedthe unscreweable part im wrong up there... the chamber where it collects is infront of the atomizer
But wow.. how does the vapor get so cool? or easy to inhale? :D magic indeed...

Top Bottom