Discontinued The Stealthvape

msb241178

Bump!

Any of you guys who've pre-ordered heard any more news?, on there twitter page they state:

"We have a deadline of a week and a half from today to stamp out any possible problems and to begin delivery of the devices to waiting customers"

That was dated 13th Feb, now, unless my maths are completely wrong it'll be two weeks tommorow.

msb241178,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
Yup! Two weeks are about to come and go, again. Already 1 month since promised ship date.

My interest in this vape is dropping rapidly now, especially since no one has seen a working one yet.

sessnet,

ldj241

Yes, this is getting ridiculous. Total lack of communication, broken promises, etc. Gives a whole new meaning to vaporware!

ldj241,

caseball2051

give it time folks, i know they have had little to no communication but this isnt an easy endeavour either.

I know some people have thrown down money already, but thats part of being an early adopter

caseball2051,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
caseball2051 said:
give it time folks, i know they have had little to no communication but this isnt an easy endeavour either.

I know some people have thrown down money already, but thats part of being an early adopter

Really? It's difficult to send out the odd email to the "People who preordered our product" mailing list? I don't think it's too much to expect to get at least monthly progress for early adopters. Building a vape is not easy, I agree, but there is no excuse for the abhorrent communication from this company.

CentiZen,
Reactions: rufrothy

msb241178

caseball2051 said:
everyone has to start somewhere right?

a memebr easily got his money back from them recently.

You are right but i was still within my 45 days of being able to start a dispute from within paypal, which i told alex i was prepared to do. I wonder if i would of still got a refund if i hadnt of mentioned it or was out of the 45 day threshold..... Food for thought, hey!

msb241178,
I've been passively monitoring this thread since page 3-4. I just wanna thank every one of you to keep this thing active. And the early-adopters who pre-ordered: you are doing God's work people. You saved me 100 bucks. I'm not too happy though, I expected good things <sigh>.

markinprogress,

mephisto

Just sent a refund request to Alex@stealthvape. Let's see how long it takes for a response....
I understand snags in production, there really is no reason to keep waiting for a vape that
is portable and battery powered. There are several already proven brands out there.

mephisto,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
I'm giving them 1 more week - then I am joining you, mephisto.

EDIT: Although I would love to carry two of these...instead of 1 MFLB...why do they have to mess up my plans????? I really wanted this...now I don't feel right supporting them, since their communications here are in the gutter...and what if it turns out to be really awesome? :/

sessnet,

caseball2051

if you bought the vape and 2 weeks later they released an updated superior model people wouldnt be so happy would they?

I dont know, i have no money invested like some people here so I guess I see things a little dfiferently. I have been following the thread because I like the idea and think it could be a cool little unit.

The VXHale was a long time coming with pushbacks and stuff too. But the makers have been much more forthcoming with progress and such. Lets just hope its all to our benefit to wait this one out.

it could certainly be "vaporware." i like that! lol

caseball2051,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
+1 I agree with you caseball2051 !

It won't be a week then, I'll just wait to see what happens to mephisto.

sessnet,

mephisto

Well, as it goes, Alex from stealthvape responded quickly and offered a refund. He also added
that "my unit" was being shipped tonite... So I told him to ship that bad boy. Full review pending
arrival my fellow vapists.... I expect to see it before the week is out...
+1 to Alex for responding to a potential lost customer.. lets hope that becomes a potential
satisfied customer.

@sess, hey man, we should streamline our resources out here in non-dispensary land.
I am semi-local, and may be able to help w/ the concentrate synthesis theory for you.
.....m

mephisto,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
mephisto said:
"my unit" was being shipped tonite

WOW!

I am SO glad...just when I was losing hope. My money was spent already, so I would rather have what I bought... so happy! Going to go vape in celebration and preparation :p

mephisto - I hope you get your stealthvape soon and hit me up with an email if you wanted to link up.

sessnet,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
mephisto - did you get a tracking #? I was order #1011 - so close to you.... I hope there is at least 11 ready to ship :ko:

sessnet,

msb241178

mephisto said:
Well, as it goes, Alex from stealthvape responded quickly and offered a refund. He also added
that "my unit" was being shipped tonite... So I told him to ship that bad boy. Full review pending
arrival my fellow vapists.... I expect to see it before the week is out...
+1 to Alex for responding to a potential lost customer.. lets hope that becomes a potential
satisfied customer.

@sess, hey man, we should streamline our resources out here in non-dispensary land.
I am semi-local, and may be able to help w/ the concentrate synthesis theory for you.
.....m

Thats good to hear guys

msb241178,

mephisto

sess, no tracking number. just a watery e-mail assurance that shipping was going
to happen.....

mephisto,

Dopevape

from stealthvape on facebook :D :
"Hey everyone! Thanks a million for your patience with our absurd delays. We're thrilled to be able to say that we're shipping again. A bunch of you will be getting your tracking codes in your email. We have to add the list of tracking numbers to our system, so it might be a few hours before that confirmation arrives for some of you as we sort that out. Many of you will have your vaporizers shipped in the upcoming days, as we still need to catch up with all orders, with more each day going out the door as we get faster at this (we are a very small startup, please understand our situation). We've tested each vaporizer with a pinch of lavender buds, so any discoloration or smell will be from that. Please be careful with the mesh screen - do not poke holes in it with sharp objects. It is not invulnerable. The device seems to function well even if you were to poke holes in it, but it is not recommended. The upgrade has resulted in visible vapor within a second (if you keep the cap off). It was well worth the wait, because now there's nearly no wait. If you have specific questions about your order, please email us directly rather than posting your order number here. Whew. Back to work, now. Let us know when you've received yours!"

yay

Dopevape,

mephisto

Okay, I have received mine....It came with a(dead) generic skinned AA. No idea what to replace it with.
The unit seems to be well made, and smells like lavender. That is the good part.
The bad part is the airpath, which passes directly through the battery compartment.
I tried to get it to heat up, no go. Must have drained the battery doing the test run at the factory......
I got .2 of crumbled herb to fit in the chamber, but it was a tight squeeze. After looking at the
interior of the battery area, and realizing this is where the airflow comes from, this is not the vape
for me. I don't even need it to get hot to know that I won't be vaping directly from a standard
rechargeable AA. Fair Warning!!! The unit is designed to heat the screen like an MFLB, and it looks
like it might work at least as well as the AR......Next portable please......
To their credit, the unit is just as ugly up close as it was in pictures. Again I say.....
FAIR WARNING!!!!

I did get some gold star stickers included to decorate my new donkey suppository, so that's really cool.

mephisto,

Jiltut

mephisto said:
Okay, I have received mine....It came with a(dead) generic skinned AA. No idea what to replace it with.
The unit seems to be well made, and smells like lavender. That is the good part.
The bad part is the airpath, which passes directly through the battery compartment.
I tried to get it to heat up, no go. Must have drained the battery doing the test run at the factory......
I got .2 of crumbled herb to fit in the chamber, but it was a tight squeeze. After looking at the
interior of the battery area, and realizing this is where the airflow comes from, this is not the vape
for me. I don't even need it to get hot to know that I won't be vaping directly from a standard
rechargeable AA. Fair Warning!!! The unit is designed to heat the screen like an MFLB, and it looks
like it might work at least as well as the AR......Next portable please......
To their credit, the unit is just as ugly up close as it was in pictures. Again I say.....
FAIR WARNING!!!!

I did get some gold star stickers included to decorate my new donkey suppository, so that's really cool.

Am I right in thinking this is your "full" review although you haven't even used this vaporizer once!? seems like you wanted to hate this vape, you obviously have high standards, guess that's ok if anyone else is looking for a "perfect" vape.

Thanks for reviewing the look & airpath though, it would be nice to here from a few more people who've received there SV, & from someone who's actually used it :)

Jiltut,

Xchadb

@Brownglass
Glass Blower
Haha quite a funny review, youre just bein honest. Kinda bummed to hear about the pathway. Care to try it? If not ill make a nice video review for ya ;) haha but no really try it out.

Xchadb,

Dopevape

thats a complete crack on the product thats not even worth the name review in my eyes.. at least give it a proper chance. try it?
And acid in mouth? u should check your batteries before u use them.. ever heard of that? its common knowledge... may happen when in use but still... i still own batteries that i use with MFLB never released any acid whatsoever, think it comes down to using the right ones . Besides its not really acid its like a powdery substance who knows what it is .. its not like its gonna run into your mouth in an instant, you will see oxidation sort of on or around the nipple of that battery...
Im more worried about the thermovape i own and the 6 volt it uses to operate.. exploding in my face and what not.. point made

Dopevape,
Top Bottom