Discontinued The RBT Milaana (unregulated single 18650)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
I get the tight seal between stem and female needs to be gently *nudged* lose to not stress the f 18mm. I think the space between wood and glass is not very supportive of the glass. A tight seal, no room for glue, would add structural integrity to thee glass.

I don't plan on rewiring, just rebuilding the body. Gotta get me some more glass that works. If anyone has a glass 18mm f that would work, or know where to get them, I'll play and share with you all.

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
Gave my milaana a polish job over the weekend

I don't know why RBT didn't opt to do it himself...it makes the Vape feel really good in the hands, smooth like a stone.

I used 600 grit said paper and gave it a good go and then got some 100% pure beeswax and melted and polished it with that

Also I never clean my stems...I will post pictures after a month of no cleaning, though I know it will earn vomiting emojis from some.

But the point is the milaana is more forgiving and less finicky than presented...

After every bowl I give a huge blow outward to free debris from the screen.

I've criticized RBT early on and still not scared to openly criticize him either, but I do wish him all the success he can create for himself.

He came through and produced something extraordinary. Simple tech or not...it's better than the vapes I've never made.

If he did away with the glue, I'm sure the product would be on a higher tear altogether.

And the older I get the more pride I take in supporting something that was made in my own country...not something that is outsourced at the lowest pricepoint, just to make the inventor more money

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
I was really surprised I was able to snag a second Milaana off of the classifieds so easily (and cheap) here. My friend is so excited he can hardly contain himself. He is hoping to put down the lighter for good with this. I also picked him up a 18-18 m-m and a 18-14 male to male so he can use this with anything. I would have thought 100 people would want these things by now :) I don't use mine everyday, flavor on the Evo and Mighty is a bit better. But I do carry it with me most of the time and it usually finds it's way into my daily rotation. With new toys coming in weekly that's saying something! I have the VaS bad right now guys. I have purchased 4 different butane vapes in the past 3 weeks lol!
My favorite way to use it has been a weed-concentrate-weed sandwich! Not enough to drip into the heater, although I do this into my M-M inverted so no fear of this. You can also put some concentrate (shatter, wax, crumble, et.) right on top of the load if you are using inverted. This allows you to really hammer on the throttle and get HUGE choking clouds since the oil on top keeps the flower from combusting when it normally would.

Last edited:

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
All is well in RBT land. Sheila replied to me with the best news ever. Quality control was the delay. Past that now and my Milaana should arrive tomorrow. She threw in 2 short stems and refunded two long stems I mistakenly ordered, even threw in six screens. Thank God PV cc down, saved me $260 with shipping. Perfect timing.

The bestvape just got better.

I would love to finish this guy like a Walnut nano, any suggestions on how to darken into a coffee or chocolate?

Bet this new Milaana hits like a freight train, can not wait to run a comparison.

I'm going to try and eliminate glue on Mi 1. Cleaning stem means little as long as screens are wide open, although some may find the taste better, some not.

I also look FWD to beating the shit outta M1, to see what the old girl can take (except the glass and batts of course) after multiple surgical repairs. I'll report back.

Last edited:

nickzzzx

All is well in RBT land. Sheila replied to me with the best news ever. Quality control was the delay. Past that now and my Milaana should arrive tomorrow. She threw in 2 short stems and refunded two long stems I mistakenly ordered, even threw in six screens. Thank God PV cc down, saved me $260 with shipping. Perfect timing.

The bestvape just got better.

I would love to finish this guy like a Walnut nano, any suggestions on how to darken into a coffee or chocolate?

Bet this new Milaana hits like a freight train, can not wait to run a comparison.

I'm going to try and eliminate glue on Mi 1. Cleaning stem means little as long as screens are wide open, although some may find the taste better, some not.

I also look FWD to beating the shit outta M1, to see what the old girl can take (except the glass and batts of course) after multiple surgical repairs. I'll report back.
So does this mean the pre orders are actually going to be shipped this week? I haven't received any type of communication since I ordered months ago, and I'm seeing people are getting theirs left and right. Any idea if RBT has finally 'resumed' full time production?

Gobrian

How long have people waited for refunds from the RBT website?
Trying to gauge when I should file something with PayPal.

Gobrian,

AJS

Calm Consistency
How long have people waited for refunds from the RBT website?
Trying to gauge when I should file something with PayPal.
I believe 10 business days is what he said?

Edit:
Quality control was the delay. Past that now and my Milaana should arrive tomorrow
I've been saying! So many complaints about quality control on this thread, but we haven't even seen them yet after they specifically told us they were addressing the issues that we've been talking about here on FC. I imagine these new rollouts will have significantly less issues, unless these are more test subjects for adhesives. We'll see! I'm excited though to see what he cooked up with his crew.

Also, just checked my E-Mail and Sheila was verifying my address (I specifically asked her to). So...hopefully the new ones are sending out real soon!

Last edited:

GTAVaper

So does this mean the pre orders are actually going to be shipped this week? I haven't received any type of communication since I ordered months ago, and I'm seeing people are getting theirs left and right. Any idea if RBT has finally 'resumed' full time production?

It appears that they are shipping this week but that no regard is being paid to when you actually ordered as @Bravesst has his May 8th order shipping out today in priority to my much earlier Feb 23rd order.

I've been told that my shipment is shipping Wednesday now because there are no short stems left. Hmmmn, I wonder why that might be?

Perhaps if you threw an email tantrum and threatened to cancel your order you might get yours sent sooner?

Not that I'd advocate that of course.....just not my style....and I personally wouldn't reward that kind of behavior with an earlier than normal shipment.

But then again.....I wouldn't have shipped international orders last either in preference to much later domestic orders

murf2010

.07 g, I had 2 hits before camera and 2 after....nice video on simplicity of use.
Look for more videos on matl. prep, pack, screen, tamp, button hold. For whatever reason, my self repair made my Mi sing. Did I replace heater in a better way by accident? I barely need to turn or stir unless I want to squeeze out every drop ( which I do). I need my back up so I can play more.

RELAXING WITH MY BIONIC MILAANA
As sad as this sounds, once a sale is complete, I'm going to buy on PV,when it arrives, I'll get my refund, well at least hypothetically. This refund process is a bit scary, if not a bit of a fantasy I am beginning to suspect. I'd like to be proved wrong about all this, as the Milaana might just be the perfect vape and worth the hassle. But honestly, fuck combustion, fuck hassles, i just wanna pull on my Milaana - hope you watch the video.

Am I the only one who watched this 10 times!!??

stickstones

Vapor concierge
@Bravesst - glad to hear they are sorting you out. I went back and watched your vid for a couple of minutes, and after the two minute mark you look like you are trying to twist the stem out of the joint. It's an intuitive move that ends up being a big no-no in the glass world that I learned the hard way. When removing glass joints that are stuck it is best to rock them back and forth to get them out. If that doesn't work, then in the freezer, but try not to twist. It took me a while to stop doing it even after I knew better because I was so used to it. Turns out it's a good way to shear off the glass joint.

Last edited:

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
I like the FC motto: there is no BEST vaporizer.

When I first got milaana I was ready to throw everything else out the window.

While a few vapes have been unseated... it isn't the end all, which is a good thing from a VAS standpoint.

The milaana is the yin and the mighty is the yang of my portable vape collection.
(Flame vapes lovingly still differ)

When I get the zion, preferences might get updated.

Go hair dryer go!!!
:rofl:

AJS

Calm Consistency
I like the FC motto: there is no BEST vaporizer.

When I first got milaana I was ready to throw everything else out the window.

While a few vapes have been unseated... it isn't the end all, which is a good thing from a VAS standpoint.

The milaana is the yin and the mighty is the yang of my portable vape collection.
(Flame vapes lovingly still differ)

When I get the zion, preferences might get updated.

Go hair dryer go!!!
:rofl:
Everyone couldn't stop calling the LSV a soldering iron thrown with some negative connotation, but idk many vapes that can rip as hard as that thing.
Daisy is so primitive. Who would want to vape with fire. (Joking of course).

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Stem loading question for you guys...

I've got the dome screen inserted bucket style and pushed all the way to the edge of the joint, so it doesn't hold much. In this configuration I am able to get impressive clouds quickly on a dinky amount of herb...the efficiency is impressive! Turns out I am a pulser and try to keep things steady with a constant, slow draw and button pulses.

But when I want to load more I don't get bigger results using the same technique. Are you guys getting similar results from bigger loads using the same technique as smaller loads, or do you change it up for the bigger loads?

AJS

Calm Consistency

I've got the dome screen inserted bucket style and pushed all the way to the edge of the joint, so it doesn't hold much. In this configuration I am able to get impressive clouds quickly on a dinky amount of herb...the efficiency is impressive! Turns out I am a pulser and try to keep things steady with a constant, slow draw and button pulses.

But when I want to load more I don't get bigger results using the same technique. Are you guys getting similar results from bigger loads using the same technique as smaller loads, or do you change it up for the bigger loads?
Maybe you need to lean on the throttle more for larger loads because you're used to almost no layers of herb cooling down the heat. With a larger quantity the air will be cooled down quite a bit by the time it hits the last bit of herb.

For smaller loads, I have more success with the basket. For the same reasons you do.

For larger loads, try flipping to dome (or designate a stem specifically for larger bowls, I use the long stem this way). When it's basket (bucket) style, the herb stacks higher and not as wide, adding more layer needed to penetrate. With dome, the herb spreads out with less stacking. Works better for me for larger loads and allows for pretty massive clouds without any effort.

GTAVaper

Everyone couldn't stop calling the LSV a soldering iron thrown with some negative connotation, but idk many vapes that can rip as hard as that thing.
Daisy is so primitive. Who would want to vape with fire. (Joking of course).

If you think that the Daisy looks primitive then the Supreme looks even more like a high school metal shop project yet produces the highest quality vapor I've ever enjoyed....and also uses a torch

But I do enjoy log vapes which also have high quality vapour production and the Milaana seems like an on-demand log which is highly appealing as the biggest drawbacks of log vapes is that they require a long heat up period to perform their best with a nice heat soak in place prior to operating them

Last edited:

murf2010

When you have a screen in bucket style vs whatever other style what's that mean. Do you load the herb into the joint and it fits in the basket or the screen is faced the other way and the herb sits against the rounded part of the screen?

murf2010,
Reactions: killick

stickstones

Vapor concierge
When you have a screen in bucket style vs whatever other style what's that mean. Do you load the herb into the joint and it fits in the basket or the screen is faced the other way and the herb sits against the rounded part of the screen?

Exactly...basket is with the open end facing the heater, dome is with the bottom dome facing the heater

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker

I use that exact tech for small loads, but When doing larger loads or using water I use a similar technique but I push the screen back from the tip about 1/2". This let's you vape the larger load without developing that center hot spot. I can also pull a bit harder without combusting that way. I like my hair dryer too!

AJS

Calm Consistency
I think for thick pounding hits, basket style at the brim is the best way to go. The herb is very concentrated and very close to the heater. If you tried this with quantity, it would most likely brown the top layer before it made it down to the deeper parts, which is why I recommend smaller doses to be left to basket. (Under .07 or so).

For log style and smooth, tasty vapor with less stirring or browning, but still massive clouds, dome style is the way, assuming you pack a tad higher quantity too. Herb is less concentrated, but there is more surface area with herb. Reduces browning so best utilized with larger loads.

Just trying to sorta share my reasoning. It's what I've found through experience to be true, but the science I back it up with is just speculation. But there is a noticeable difference between the two.

Interested in what everyone says so we can all formulate our own theories.

Edited to say this is just my 2 cents and ymmv.

Last edited:

murf2010

I think for thick pounding hits, basket style at the brim is the best way to go. The herb is very concentrated and very close to the heater. If you tried this with quantity, it would most likely brown the top layer before it made it down to the deeper parts, which is why I recommend smaller doses to be left to basket. (Under .07 or so).

For log style and smooth, tasty vapor with less stirring or browning, but still massive clouds, dome style is the way, assuming you pack a tad higher quantity too. Herb is less concentrated, but there is more surface area with herb. Reduces browning so best utilized with larger loads.

Just trying to sorta share my reasoning. It's what I've found through experience to be true, but the science I back it up with is just speculation. But there is a noticeable difference between the two.

Interested in what everyone says so we can all formulate our own theories.

This is perfect!! Great explanation! Gonna try this tonight. The usps guy needs to hurry. Sour apple and animal cookies on deck with some sunset sherbet shatter.

How many of you enjoy concentrates with this vape? Solely concentrates, not herb sandwiches. Not a fan of mixing the two, gets me way over medicated lol

AJS

Calm Consistency
This is perfect!! Great explanation! Gonna try this tonight. The usps guy needs to hurry. Sour apple and animal cookies on deck with some sunset sherbet shatter.

How many of you enjoy concentrates with this vape? Solely concentrates, not herb sandwiches. Not a fan of mixing the two, gets me way over medicated lol
I used the steel mesh a while ago and never posted my experience. Definitely didn't enjoy it as much as a regular dab or dab on flower. Steel has a taste to it, and that definitely offsets the dab flavor.

I'll try hemp fiber tonight and will let you know!

Glad you're getting your unit today man! Really excited on your thoughts because you've been pretty involved for a while without one! And have seemed to go back and forth a few times with yourself haha.

murf2010

I used the steel mesh a while ago and never posted my experience. Definitely didn't enjoy it as much as a regular dab or dab on flower. Steel has a taste to it, and that definitely offsets the dab flavor.

I'll try hemp fiber tonight and will let you know!

Glad you're getting your unit today man! Really excited on your thoughts because you've been pretty involved for a while without one! And have seemed to go back and forth a few times with yourself haha.
I've owned so many vapes man, I do this every time. Spend so much time researching before I purchase to really make sure I want it. Just heard back and forth conflicting things. When I bought the Mighty it was so easy, no one had a single complaint. Got the Herbie and hates the bag system, was so cheap. Also the build quality didn't impress me at all for the price tag. Got a few Arizer products and hated the daw restriction. Pax sucked, so smelly and hot. My CFX is cool but I need more flavor and more accurate temperature. I have a ff2, CFX and now the Milaana for my line up now. We will see if I can forget about buying more units lol. It's hard to find one that fits the bill for your needs. I think everyone who medicated regularly will probably need at least two vapes and maybe 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom