Discontinued The RBT Milaana (unregulated single 18650)

Status
Not open for further replies.

murf2010

I don't mean to worry you about it, but you really should read a little and understand that these batteries are powerful and can behave badly when treated carelessly. That being said, as long as you ARE careful and treat them with respect they are very solid tech and work remarkably well and consistently.

The same can be said of many things we deal with every day, like cars and barbecues.

There is a thread on batteries here... http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/18650-battery-safety.18527/
Thank you so much

Where do you guys purchase additional batteries? Wonder if eBay has good deals

Mod note: posts merged

Last edited by a moderator:
murf2010,
Reactions: cybrguy

ZC

The glue situation is odd to me. I feel like ideally, no adhesives would be used and I'm not sure the reason why they need to be in the zion and milaana. If the 18mm joint is recessed it could be held in in a number of simple ways, like another layer of wood on top of the outer layer, screwed in. It could be held with a simple washer ring screwed in. Or a stainless steel retaining ring. The bottom portion of the milaana could have easily been screwed in as well instead of being glued.

Personally I much prefer those types of designs, both because a screw is less likely to fail than glue and because it's pretty cut and dry that an SS screw is not going to add anything harmful to the airpath. I'm not one to "worry" about the adhesive in the Mi but I'd prefer the peace of mind knowing exactly what materials make up the vape.

On top of that all of that it would make it easier to service, and have the added benefit of allowing the user to easily replace the glass - great in a vape with an important, but fragile glass part.

Last edited:

Bizkat

I've had my Milaana since around 4-20 and have had no build issues besides wobbly stems. Sometimes I think my heater is tuned rather hot but much of that can be attributed to my usage.

This is my first vape that uses batteries or stems so thats an adjustment. When my OCD kicks in, I start pulling and checking my battery level way too many times.

There is some daily maintenance involved. I'm torching my screens daily, and cleaning the stems makes a big difference. I thought I had scorched my screen in the female glass joint for good, a nice black streak, but the mark came off easy using a q-tip slightly moist with water (cleaned upside down).

In the Milaana's favor, it is the one vape I have that my combusting friends like, so much so that one of them has decided to buy their own.

Last edited:

AJS

Calm Consistency
Where do you guys purchase additional batteries? Wonder if eBay has good deals
Careful of eBay because there are counterfeits out in the wild.
I have a lot of info on batteries and chargers on page 50.

For cleaning, I just dump iso in one end of the stem, caps with two fingers (one hand), and shake the shit out of it for a minute. Run hot water through it for a minute. Stems and screens are absolutely spotless in 3 minutes (including drying), regardless of how dirty they were.

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
I have one and really like it. I have tons of vapes I love though. I did however just pick up a second unit for my best friend. I bought him a Haze but I still notices he combusts when he wants a quick hit in the bong out the door usually. hes a 1 hit guy , not a session guy. I think this will do better for him. If not I'll hook him up with my Lotus

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
@murf2010
Lithium Ion batts can be dangerous, even in this device. Make sure they are stored in a case. Remove from Milaana when not in use. Make sure insulation wrapping is not torn from use and charging.

@ZC
once I get the spare in my hands I plan on making some changes in design. Why not ditch the wood bottom plate? How about a metal plate, thin, screws to the main body?

I love the idea of screwing the f glass, or recessing it. I'm going to disassemble is entire uni and rebuild it. It will be the bionic Milaana. I'll take pics. I just need my spare.

I will once again fill out the web refund form, but his time not ask when it will ship, only to be misled into not canceling. My bad.

@Gobrian
I waited 10 days, nothing. No excuse for that. It is not really a refund if u keep the $$$

Last edited:

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
.07 g, I had 2 hits before camera and 2 after....nice video on simplicity of use.
Look for more videos on matl. prep, pack, screen, tamp, button hold. For whatever reason, my self repair made my Mi sing. Did I replace heater in a better way by accident? I barely need to turn or stir unless I want to squeeze out every drop ( which I do). I need my back up so I can play more.

RELAXING WITH MY BIONIC MILAANA
As sad as this sounds, once a sale is complete, I'm going to buy on PV,when it arrives, I'll get my refund, well at least hypothetically. This refund process is a bit scary, if not a bit of a fantasy I am beginning to suspect. I'd like to be proved wrong about all this, as the Milaana might just be the perfect vape and worth the hassle. But honestly, fuck combustion, fuck hassles, i just wanna pull on my Milaana - hope you watch the video.

Last edited:

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
Just noticed PV started adding a bonus to each milana, a volcano grinder offered for each buy.

I hope this is a sign price is going to drop down significantly in a near future

I kind of doubt that. Would be odd for a new vape that has been anticipated to have a price drop just as it is coming into stock. Who knows (other than PV) just how many requests they've had about the Mi, but we know from posts here there has been at least some. And, IMO $200 USD +/- is a good price point for a device like this given what the current vape market looks like.

Not unusual at all for PV and other online vape retailers to offer grinders. Think it is because many combusters don't use one, and it helps a lot to grind for a vape. Not necessary - especially once you get the hang of vaping - but usually makes good vapor extraction easier. As much as I try to stay away from acrylic grinders, the S&B is a good one and handy, and probably the fairest priced product they sell. Also not metal and probably less x-ray-able which makes it a must for air travel.

Andreaerdna

If God is the answer, then the question is wrong
Not unusual at all for PV and other online vape retailers to offer grinders. Think it is because many combusters don't use one, and it helps a lot to grind for a vape. Not necessary - especially once you get the hang of vaping - but usually makes good vapor extraction easier.

Don't want to derail discussing if it is a good/fair/market price or not, but regarding PV, they do not offer a grinder with each vape they sell (unlike others sellers, they add free nachos ;) instead) unless something changed recently.

for first weeks it was in stock there, there was no red advertising about this bonus on Milano's page. If they edited it, to make it looks more appealing, maybe there is not a huge demand at this price, only my 2cc

Andreaerdna,
Reactions: flotntoke

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Pulled the trigger on PV, but their cc processing is down, gotta call in m-f. I'm gonna wind up with 3 Milaanas. Soon as I get Shipping confirmation, I'LL ask for the refund. Anyway, that's the plan to get a back up Mi in my hands, so I can play with mi 1.

EDIT
Ya know, having 3 might not be so bad, especially with some of the gloom and doom around here re the future of our beloved Milaana. Leave it as a total spare, unused. Hmm... VAS on another level, bvas

EDIT
On another note as I sip. I just *ruined*a bowl not pulling just right (slight scorch). For me, the finer, yet fluffy grind, medium to tight tamp, allows a nicer hover of the heat IN the material, removing the necessity of turning or stirring. Pressing the button the entire hit, I realize the button heats the vape, the pull heats the herb.

Last edited:

jojo monkey

Manufacturer
once I get the spare in my hands I plan on making some changes in design. Why not ditch the wood bottom plate? How about a metal plate, thin, screws to the main body?

I love the idea of screwing the f glass, or recessing it. I'm going to disassemble is entire uni and rebuild it. It will be the bionic Milaana. I'll take pics. I just need my spare.

Cool idea. Hope to see what you make. I was thinking something similar too. A couple of things I was thinking:

For a whopping $1-3 you could add usb charging by adding one tiny tp4065 PCB. I posted in the DIY section a chinese 18650 usb charger pcb.

For another $10 you could add a similar power converter to the zion. You would need to solder on a pot too.

http://www.mouser.com/search/ProductDetail.aspx?R=0virtualkey0virtualkeyOKR-T-10-W12-C

So solder 2 wires for usb charging and another 4 wires sorta turns a mi to a zi. (in theory)

HD Springer

With the recent troubles some has had as far as the female bowl coming unglued I thought I might throw this out as far as when removing the stem. I would strongly suggest against turning the stem while it's still seated. It's always best to lift the stem and then rotate it.
When I'm hitting my mi sometimes I like to lift the stem and rotate it a qtr turn. I keep the button pushed and Ill keep hitting it. I try to make a full turn(takes me 4 turns and the whole while I keep the button pushed and I don't exhale until I've completed the hit. I call it the around the world hit. lol. And 1 of the things I love about hitting it like this the most is that the heater has a chance to ramp up and you can control the heat with your draw speed. Too much heat,draw harder,not enough heat then slow your draw down to a sip). I'm by no means saying the troubles with people's female joints coming unglued is any ones fault. I'm just letting people know of my experiences.
Just yesterday I had my stem which is an 18male-18male get stuck in my mi. I couldn't get it to budge. I took my mi and put it in the freezer and then it popped loose no problems.
The 1 thing I've found to help with a sticking glass joint for my self is by very very lightly tapping on the ends in all directions.
The freezer trick does wonders I have found also.

Man I'm loving the traction in these threads.The pages just keep growing. Damn!!!!! People just can't keep from getting in on this thread.

vagdal

Is there any reseller in europe? trying to find a shop in europe but I can't see any shop.
In official website they are selling in bulk in US only.

vagdal,

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
With the recent troubles some has had as far as the female bowl coming unglued I thought I might throw this out as far as when removing the stem. I would strongly suggest against turning the stem while it's still seated. It's always best to lift the stem and then rotate it.
When I'm hitting my mi sometimes I like to lift the stem and rotate it a qtr turn. I keep the button pushed and Ill keep hitting it. I try to make a full turn(takes me 4 turns and the whole while I keep the button pushed and I don't exhale until I've completed the hit. I call it the around the world hit. lol. And 1 of the things I love about hitting it like this the most is that the heater has a chance to ramp up and you can control the heat with your draw speed. Too much heat,draw harder,not enough heat then slow your draw down to a sip). I'm by no means saying the troubles with people's female joints coming unglued is any ones fault. I'm just letting people know of my experiences.
Just yesterday I had my stem which is an 18male-18male get stuck in my mi. I couldn't get it to budge. I took my mi and put it in the freezer and then it popped loose no problems.
The 1 thing I've found to help with a sticking glass joint for my self is by very very lightly tapping on the ends in all directions.
The freezer trick does wonders I have found also.

Man I'm loving the traction in these threads.The pages just keep growing. Damn!!!!! People just can't keep from getting in on this thread.

My stuck stem came out pretty easily after a few good dry heats. Maybe worth noting that my male that got stuck in there is one of the color ones from Mountain Glass, and it had been sitting in the Mi unused for about 3 days during fluctuating temps (about 60 to about 82 in that room). Still using it with no problems since.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom