Discontinued The RBT Milaana (unregulated single 18650)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Copacetic

Somewhere North of The Wall
Maybe you need to lean on the throttle more for larger loads because you're used to almost no layers of herb cooling down the heat. With a larger quantity the air will be cooled down quite a bit by the time it hits the last bit of herb.

For smaller loads, I have more success with the basket. For the same reasons you do.

For larger loads, try flipping to dome (or designate a stem specifically for larger bowls, I use the long stem this way). When it's basket (bucket) style, the herb stacks higher and not as wide, adding more layer needed to penetrate. With dome, the herb spreads out with less stacking. Works better for me for larger loads and allows for pretty massive clouds without any effort.

I think for thick pounding hits, basket style at the brim is the best way to go. The herb is very concentrated and very close to the heater. If you tried this with quantity, it would most likely brown the top layer before it made it down to the deeper parts, which is why I recommend smaller doses to be left to basket. (Under .07 or so).

For log style and smooth, tasty vapor with less stirring or browning, but still massive clouds, dome style is the way, assuming you pack a tad higher quantity too. Herb is less concentrated, but there is more surface area with herb. Reduces browning so best utilized with larger loads.

Just trying to sorta share my reasoning. It's what I've found through experience to be true, but the science I back it up with is just speculation. But there is a noticeable difference between the two.

Interested in what everyone says so we can all formulate our own theories.

Edited to say this is just my 2 cents and ymmv.

^^^^This is my experience too, pretty much exactly^^^^^

...........I'll try hemp fiber tonight and will let you know!..........

I definitely prefer hemp fiber to SS.
I too feel that SS has an (admittedly faint) taste which the degummed hemp fiber doesn't (well, even more faint).

I also prefer degummed hemp in my VapCap ( my other infatuation, and IMO the absolutely perfect companion portable with the Milaana ).

My current double honeymoon phase with these two vapes is proving debilitating to my sobriety :mmmm:

Oogendoogan

I too feel that SS has an (admittedly faint) taste which the degummed hemp fiber doesn't (well, even more faint).

I also prefer degummed hemp in my VapCap ( my other infatuation, and IMO the absolutely perfect companion portable with the Milaana ).

My current double honeymoon phase with these two vapes is proving debilitating to my sobriety :mmmm:
I completely agree that the milaana and VapCap are a dream team as portables. Those 2 and my Evo are keeping me going strong, I haven't been happier with my vaping situation. I'm not sure what's next I was honestly thinking about a HI because i miss my nano. Or waiting for the next thing.. FW4 has been anounced, changes are a removable 18650 and a cooling unit in the Mp. Sounds like with the switchable batteries they took a cue from the milaana. it's a weird feeling not knowing what vape i want next.

Shit i still need a Zion.. :doh::bang: whatever haha I'll see how it is when it comes out and if I like it I'm buying no questions asked. Love this heater can't imagine how great those production zions will be :clap:

murf2010

Where is the hemp fiber at?? Looks way better

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Just a paying customer, as u all are.
@stickstones there is a very controlled twist, and upon any resistance, an imperceptible rock. I figured out early on, rocking breaks the vacuum like taper seal, even though thats what probably cracked my 18mm F.

In my experience there are many, many ways to make Milaana sing. Trick is to find yours and be able to repeat it.

Bravesst,
Reactions: murf2010

cannabis.pro

aka 420EDC
Accessory Maker
Don't forget to spin between hits, or get technical and go two handed spinning while taking a draw.

cannabis.pro,

murf2010

Hahaha! Didn't realize the batteries take forever to charge? Partial charge tonight???

Last edited:
murf2010,

murf2010

Welp, we hit page 50, and as promised, I'll list everything needed to get started with the Milaana. I've done some price comparisons, quality comparisons, and have found these options to be the very best, but don't quote me on that.

Batteries:
Almost positive RBT uses LG 20A High discharge 3.7v 2500mah batteries, in other words, LGDBHE41865 (LG 18650HE4). After much web searching and reddit reading, one of the most reputable vendor I could find is Illumn.
http://www.illumn.com/batteries-cha...18650he4-2500mah-high-discharge-flat-top.html
These seem to be the exact batteries, and I ordered 3. Very cheap, reputable, and will provide free shipping if you can match with enough people to, I believe, $40. Not exactly sure though on the free shipping quote, but somewhere around there. If not, shipping is around $4.20
Three batteries for me AND a 4 pack case holder (already came with a 2 pack holder because I ordered over 2+ batteries) came out to $20.15 shipped. Again, that is three batteries, a 2 pack holder, and a 4 pack holder.

Chargers: (Every price you see is BEFORE coupon codes!) I believe coupon code LVsocial17 (17% off) still works (you receive it by liking their facebook page upon checkout), also, LV15 (15% off) should most certainly work. This website provides free shipping!!!!
Now...you can also get chargers from Illumn, but I found a less expensive option, already received mine, and have verified the serial number that it is indeed authentic. I recommend the Digitals, either 2 or 4, depending on your usage, how many friends you have that like to vape, and how many other vapes you have that can use this charger.

The i4: http://www.lightningvapes.com/produ...r-for-li-ion-nimh-nicd-18560-500-350-aa-aaa-c ($20)
This is the most economic option. Four slots, great price ($20 so you don't need to click on ink). Doesn't have digial readout, but instead has bars to indicate how charged your batteries are.
(the i2 is also an option but isn't listed on this site, seek elsewhere)

The D2: http://www.lightningvapes.com/products/nitecore-d2-digicharger ($21)
This is the cheapest digial version of the nitecore series, as it only has two slots, but gives a nice digital readout of the mA charging, the voltage, time charged, and level of battery life. Can also change the rate of charge if you wish.

The D4: http://www.lightningvapes.com/products/nitecore-d4-digicharger-1 ($25.50)
Exact same thing as the D4, except with the 4 slots as opposed to 2.

Don't forget, all the prices listed above are BEFORE the COUPONS! Just add one of the coupons I listed for a better deal!

Charger was $22.65 for me out the door (after tax) and I got the D4 using a coupon code listed.

Keep in mind! Lots of people enjoy using Xtar chargers. I have absolutely no understanding of these chargers, and so my research wouldn't be as accurate as for the Nitecore chargers. If you find an awesome link for Xtar, with good prices, and proven reputable, feel free to toss it my way and I'll add it to the list.

Battery Cases:
B
attery safety is VERY important! Always have space to store your batteries, and never carry loose batteries in your pocket!!!!!

I think the best way to go about cases, is just add them to your Illumn order when you snag batteries!

http://www.illumn.com/batteries-cha...rriers/battery-carriers.html?___store=default
Any of these will do fine, there are way too many cases to go over. I got the standard 2 pack holder and 4 pack holder (2 pack comes free with a 2+ battery purchase from Illumn).

http://www.illumn.com/batteries-cha...1-x-18650-silicone-holder-dayglow-yellow.html
The Silicone Sleeve (Holder) are absolutely amazing for carrying a single extra battery around in your pocket, or just leaving it out on the table, ensuring it's protected.
I have been to 3 vape shops/smoke shops now, that sell 18650s, and none of the stores sold these silicone sleeve holders. I talked to the shop about battery safety, and got all three to promise me that they will order some for the safety of their customers. Please try to pass this on!!

The belt clips are for those fancying a fanny pack...Not for me...but I don't judge.

http://www.lightningvapes.com/collections/battery-cases
The first link I posted, for the chargers, also sells cases, just nowhere near the variety. IF they provide free shipping on the cases, that would be a reason to buy them independently from Illumn's batteries.

Milaana Storage:
I picked up an eGo case from a vape shop for $5, literally $5. It has a netted elastic that the Milaana/Stem would slide into, and it has elastic slots for batteries. Should be able to hold around 4 batteries, maybe more, maybe a few less. Left it at home so can't check with my new 18650s, but it held about 4 lighters and a bunch of D batteries that I threw it for the purpose of testing space. Should be no issue with the Milaana.

End:
Hope you guys found some value in this post. As I mentioned earlier, I specifically waited until page 50, so if in the future anyone asks, page 50 can be used as an easy reference for information. I will add to this if needed.

My total cost for 3 batteries, one D4 chargers, a 2 pack case and a 4 pack case, came out to be:
$20.15 (batteries/cases) + $22.65 (charger) = $42.80.

Don't forget, a D4 charger can be used for much more than just charging your Milaana batteries! It's still a high quality charger!! And if it's out of your budget, snag something cheaper, no worries!

Also, 3 batteries is a rather large amount of batteries, especially if the Milaana comes with two. Two of the batteries I purchased are going to my Zion, so a purchase of 3 batteries isn't at all required. One or two extra batteries seem to be perfect by how people are describing the Milaana.

Hope this can help people find what they need to get started!

this was a huge help. Thank you so much for this!! Question, I picked up the 20 dollar charger and for kicks grabbed a battery from the same site. I got the LG HG4 3000 instead of the HE4 2500, is that okay? And sorry for this question but which end goes in first + or - when you put the battery in the device?

Last edited:
murf2010,

DrNick420

I got the LG HG4 3000 instead of the HE4 2500, is that okay? And sorry for this question but which end goes in first + or - when you put the battery in the device?

I used to own a bunch of the HE4 and they are great. I will always be a sony fanboy so you'll always catch me with Sony batteries but the LG's are great.

The only thing that concerns me is I have never heard of the hg4, when i googled it I only found alibaba sellers.... do you mean hg2?

DrNick420,
Reactions: Copacetic

OyVape

Doesn't matter which, but people seem to like putting the negative end up as its a larger surface for contact with the copper and likely more protective of the battery. Apparently RBT is now recommending the same thing in the newly-enclosed instructions with the Milaana. But he has also said it will work fine either way.

murf2010

How damaging would a partial charge be for the first charge up on the battery the Milaana comes with? This things taking forever and day to fully charge and I need to medicate

murf2010,

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
this was a huge help. Thank you so much for this!! Question, I picked up the 20 dollar charger and for kicks grabbed a battery from the same site. I got the LG HG4 3000 instead of the HE4 2500, is that okay? And sorry for this question but which end goes in first + or - when you put the battery in the device?
You never went to page 50 did you?

Oogendoogan

It's not gonna work good with the batteries not charged, I'd wait cuz your just gonna be dissapointed. Batteries only work until like 3.7 when you do fully charge them. I would let them get to the full charge of 4.2 before you use man. This is just the first charge, mine take like 4-5 stems to get them to 3.7 and they don't take very long to charge.. Idk I have a few so I never really watch but it has never been an issue, the first time did take a long time but it was worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom