Discontinued The RBT Milaana (unregulated single 18650)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AJS

Calm Consistency
If you've read 200 pages of the Zion thread you may see that the mods have gotten involved quite a bit.

Many users have been banned.

We're supporting the product because it meets our needs.

Mods say what they need to publicly, then move to PMs to avoid further provoking.

Some people just don't click, and business practices are different for everyone, especially when you aren't a business man.

The community is fine, I love the people on this thread. The negativity gets to me sometimes, but I've had wonderful talks with people here even on the negative side of RBT, which may not agree with my side, but we can easily all still get along.

Once again, mods have been very responsive, moreso than needed, and they don't need to defend themselves. They've been around longer than us, they know how things should be, and I personally trust their judgment. If I didn't, I would shoot them a PM and see their reasoning....chances are it's solid and understandable.

Also, there's no reason for them to get involved in another man's business of not shipping units. They are here to make the forum run smoothly, not one specific manufacturer's hobbyshop.

RBT hasn't lied ... Issues have come up.

.....imo

:2c::peace::hmm::doh:

See you soon Milaana. Hope you're as excited to vape me over as I am to get vaped.

Kanyayweest

You're going for irony right?

Don't see the irony pal. Unfortunately crabs aren't born with a sense of irony and I'm a hermit. I honestly thought one of the responsibilities of the mods was to look down upon shady business. Doesn't shady business hurt the forum?
If you've read 200 pages of the Zion thread you may see that the mods have gotten involved quite a bit.

Many users have been banned.

We're supporting the product because it meets our needs.

Mods say what they need to publicly, then move to PMs to avoid further provoking.

Some people just don't click, and business practices are different for everyone, especially when you aren't a business man.

The community is fine, I love the people on this thread. The negativity gets to me sometimes, but I've had wonderful talks with people here even on the negative side of RBT, which may not agree with my side, but we can easily all still get along.

Once again, mods have been very responsive, moreso than needed, and they don't need to defend themselves. They've been around longer than us, they know how things should be, and I personally trust their judgment. If I didn't, I would shoot them a PM and see their reasoning....chances are it's solid and understandable.

Also, there's no reason for them to get involved in another man's business of not shipping units. They are here to make the forum run smoothly, not one specific manufacturer's hobbyshop.

RBT hasn't lied ... Issues have come up.

.....imo

:2c::peace::hmm::doh:

See you soon Milaana. Hope you're as excited to vape me over as I am to get vaped.
That is understandable and all, but we're unfortunately all human and subject to temptations. Who wouldn't be tempted to "look the other way" for a free Milaana? I sure as hell would. To clarify I'm not saying all the mods are bad or anything like that, just specific people doing specific things that they shouldn't. From what I've seen many of those banned were those ridiculing RBT for his business techniques, all complaints of which are considerably justifiable.

I can take a dishere and there and keep on trucking, if yall only knew the half of it, hope you all hereat FC dont get dissed!
Unfortunately Ed I feel as though we're all getting dissed...we just don't know it yet.

Last edited:

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
I have playing around with my Mi, crazy good. Very different from my beloved Air (different, but cool).

Searching thread for
1. Battery info, have 3, but I'm a heavy user, may need (?) - thinking 6 to 10 to make a full day, any opinions? Can I buy batts locally, best one?
Right now getting 2 or 3 bowls on a cell. Low? Must be wasting power at load size under .1
2. Stem info, I like the shorty, have one, another on way. Also have one long.
3. Load size, screen config, getting bad taste if I pack too close to oven. Is there an ideal load size, distance from oven, and screen(s) placement?
4. Trigger technique, how to hold, feather, to produce thick, good tasting, effective hits while conserving batt... Best method?
5. Cleaning, maintenance, wood treatment?

TIA
~M

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
I have playing around with my Mi, crazy good. Very different from my beloved Air (different, but cool).

Searching thread for
1. Battery info, have 3, but I'm a heavy user, may need (?) - thinking 6 to 10 to make a full day, any opinions? Can I buy batts locally, best one?
Right now getting 2 or 3 bowls on a cell. Low? Must be wasting power at load size under .1
2. Stem info, I like the shorty, have one, another on way. Also have one long.
3. Load size, screen config, getting bad taste if I pack too close to oven. Is there an ideal load size, distance from oven, and screen(s) placement?
4. Trigger technique, how to hold, feather, to produce thick, good tasting, effective hits while conserving batt... Best method?
5. Cleaning, maintenance, wood treatment?

TIA
~M
On page 50 @AJS has some battery and charger info.

You can buy batteries locally, but there is always an insane markup.

I got 4 lg he4's for $22...rbt even charges 40 for this same number.

If you have been using your air batteries in the milaana, could be the problem with low bowls per battery. I tried to use it in my ecig before with mixed results.

I believe there is no concensus on screen distance or buttin techniques, but millimeters can make the difference in the stem...hope that helped a little.

TheRobbo

tldr :wave:

Pretty sure the mods job is to moderate user interactions on this forum and make sure everyone follows the rules, one of them being 'be nice'
Im confident I never saw one that said they had the right to tell manufacturers how to run their businesses. I have been lurking along on this thread from the beginning (ok not quite but very close and have read it all) along with the Zion thread and can categorically refute any claims of mod bias towards RBT (maybe bias towards his product but if you love something then you will want to sing its praises... We are all human after all). A few people got warning points and yes some even got themselves banned. Not out of spite because they poked a favorite company but because they broke the forum rules, which are quite clear and I feel were left to go quite far before anything was done. Which shows the mods willingness/desire to promote free speach.

Has RBT chosen run his business the way he wants?
Yes
Has he upset someone/many who you value highly? (Ed?)
Yes (Subjective)
Has RBT stuffed up several things?
Yes (although this is subjective also)
Do I feel a little bit upset I haven't got my unit yet while peope who ordered after me have?
Yes but I posses somthing called patience and I knew by pre-ordering I would be in for a wait and things might go wrong. And seriously whats a week or two in the grand scheme of things any way. Hearing about potential short supply of switches has me a little jittery Ill admit, but whinging is not gonna make any difference is it so why waste my energy?

Do any of these things give any one the right to bash him or tell him how to start/run his business?
HELL NO!!!! (Would be in breach of several rules here which is where people have run afoul of the mods)

Look at it this way when I got my Cera which was a second gen product from an established company almost as soon as they went out there were loads of returns (my own unit went back 4 or 5 times) which ultimately put unimaginable pressure on the company and eventually lead to one of the founders having a mental break down and stripping nude in public. Needless to say that Thermovape is :rip:
So far I only know of one Mi return and that appears to be (hopefully) due to rough transit.
I can only imagine what pressure RBT is under right now and am willing to cut him some slack.
Every one is entitled to their own opinion the preceeding is mine :myday:

@Copacetic
I believe the word you are looking for is sarcasm, widely understood as the lowest form of wit (dang and I was doing so well with the be nice rule:worms:)

I'm confident I will receive a Mi some time soon and confident it will be great and also confident that even if RBT is a complete arse it will make absolutely zero difference to me as I will be high :science:

If any one doesn't like they way he does business don't buy his product or wait till it comes out on planetvape, and have nothing to do with him. Im pretty sure most of us here wouldn't like the CEO of GM but still buy the cars (apologies if he/she is a really nice person)

Peace out

P.s. here's to mass international shipping next week:evil:

Edit
P.p.s. Sorry for the wall added tldr at top...

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
I'm sure it will be here sooner or later. I'm not upset, but the waiting for buttons got me going a bit. I hope they are using the same button moving forward, as everyone seems to like the current one and it doesn't seem to be a source of any problems. Anyways back to the stellar user reports, sorry this came up.

It will be the same button because there is no other button that can handle the current needed for an unregulated 18650. I know this because it is the same button used in the FlashVAPE. The developer of the FV told me that he had to search for a long time to find a button that could survive, and he could find only one. This means that ultimately it is a single source part, with all of the risks that implies.

the information is useful nonetheless. some might think it's an indication of how they will be treated as customers. others may not.

If you want to ignore the fact that PlanetVape will be selling to individuals and handling customer service, feel free.

Why should FC be a place for RBT to make money, disrespect members, make loose promises, ect and have non favorable exposure swept under the rug of informaction deemed useful?

No one should have that power, nor should we give it them.

I don't think you've been paying attention, or perhaps you've just been highly selective in your reading. RBT isn't making money from FC. He's posted his sales numbers and they're pathetic, which is why he realized that he had to switch from developing the Zion, which will never be a mass market device, to the Milaana, which has the potential to be. Claiming that non-favourable exposure is swept under the rug simply makes you look as biased as you claim others to be.

As for who should have "that power", you agreed when you registered to follow the rules, which include:
  • Rules are interpreted and applied at staff discretion.
  • Public discussions of staff decisions are not permitted on the site. If you have any concerns or queries relating to a staff decision please take it up in private with a staff member.
  • If you don’t like the rules or the moderation, feel free not to visit.
Some questions you just don't ask. This is one of those questions.

That's true. I suspect your reason for saying that doesn't match the actual reason, however. Making blatantly false claims about how we sweep unfavourable discussion under the rug violates the second rule above, in case you didn't notice.

Been a long time lurker here but finally decided to make an account. After reading thread after thread, the tone and bullshit in this thread really struck me. The mods would normally ban users for negative comments as this community is a friendly one, and an informative one. The fact that RBT is basically given the right to shit on people... I see pakolo has some explaining to do.
Alas, there will be no explanation as he's the mod, and he's getting to try this "amazing" vaporizer at the expense of the forum. How can someone like Ed get pissed off? One of the nicest guys ever. RBT even pissed off randy from piu. Randy is the bro, always there to help smh. I honestly do not see the point in supporting this asshole. I see my purchases as support for the developers and I see no need to support this developer. Just my :2c: as I really liked this community long ago but not with the way it's turning out to be. The mods do not even attempt to give any response for their actions. I guess I could ask why it matters; ignorance is bliss.
I strongly believe the mods should have taken action long ago when the zions weren't shipped and the production of the Milaana started. Sadly, such was not the case and RBT will continue to lie to those who believe in him. Maybe not shitsnacks tho cuz he seems fine that he's one of the few with a working model. One's own needs before others I guess. Too bad I won't see one of these-18650's in a good convection vape is hard to come by. Guess I'll just settle for the Venus Apollo.

So you decided to make an account just to break the rules. Welcome to FC. If you wanted to conduct a serious attack, you probably should have at least tried to get your facts straight.

We don't ban anyone for negative comments, we hand out warning points. Accumulate 5 of them and you get a permanent ban. I'm sure that it's no surprise that you've already collected your first.

@RastaBuddhaTao has never made a post that attacked anyone. You might interpret the actions he has taken in his business as shitting on people, but we don't get to moderate anything but his posts. On the other hand, I can quote many posts from this thread that attack RBT directly, and some of them have even earned points. Many haven't, because despite the accusations of bias towards RBT, we've actually been quite lenient on the detractors. Claiming that "the mods" don't attempt to explain their actions is pure nonsense. First, you didn't mean "the mods", you meant me. Second, I've repeatedly explained my actions in this thread but of course, I will never be able to satisfy some of you. I don't know what actions "we" should have taken that "we" didn't. All "we" could do is move the thread back into the Upcoming section, which I did.

Don't see the irony pal. Unfortunately crabs aren't born with a sense of irony and I'm a hermit. I honestly thought one of the responsibilities of the mods was to look down upon shady business. Doesn't shady business hurt the forum?

That is understandable and all, but we're unfortunately all human and subject to temptations. Who wouldn't be tempted to "look the other way" for a free Milaana? I sure as hell would. To clarify I'm not saying all the mods are bad or anything like that, just specific people doing specific things that they shouldn't. From what I've seen many of those banned were those ridiculing RBT for his business techniques, all complaints of which are considerably justifiable.

Unfortunately Ed I feel as though we're all getting dissed...we just don't know it yet.

Nobody has been banned for criticizing RBT. Most of the points handed out in here (there haven't been many) have been given by other moderators, not me. When I have awarded a point, it has been for obvious reasons exactly because I want to be able to defend myself from false accusations like yours. Justifiable complaints—and there have been many—have been allowed to stand and in fact, an unbiased observer would conclude that the moderators have been ignoring our rules to allow the RBT bashing to continue.

We have rules against bashing companies because we don't want FC to be a platform for people to bully and blackmail manufacturers and vendors. Those rules haven't really been enforced in this thread, yet people like you continue to believe that we're protecting RBT. Apparently we are supposed to let people attack him as much as they like, and that is how we promote harmony within the community. I find this line of reasoning bizarre, to say the least.

Last edited:

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
I don't think you've been paying attention, or perhaps you've just been highly selective in your reading. RBT isn't making money from FC. He's posted his sales numbers and they're pathetic, which is why he realized that he had to switch from developing the Zion, which will never be a mass market device, to the Milaana, which has the potential to be. Claiming that non-favourable exposure is swept under the rug simply makes you look as biased as you claim others to be.

As for who should have "that power", you agreed when you registered to follow the rules, which include:
  • Rules are interpreted and applied at staff discretion.
  • Public discussions of staff decisions are not permitted on the site. If you have any concerns or queries relating to a staff decision please take it up in private with a staff member.
  • If you don’t like the rules or the moderation, feel free not to visit.
I wasn't claiming anyone was biased.

I was however claiming: ignoring all relevant negative aspects of the RBT experience... Is cheating ourselves and others of a complete picture of expected service when they order this product.

As far as him not making money from fc...
He at lease got MY money because of his presence on FC and because of this and the zion thread. If that's considered nothing, I apologize.

And when I was talking about 'power' I was talking about consumer/support power NOT moderating the threads or what people should be allowed to post.

Respect...My bad for the unintended confusion.

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
He at lease got MY money because of his presence on FC and because of this and the zion thread. If that's considered nothing, I apologize.

Yes, he got money from several FC members. Perhaps I should have clarified that I meant he is not profiting from FC.

You'll have to pardon me for the misinterpretation of "have non favorable exposure swept under the rug of informaction deemed useful" but to me, the only "sweeping under the rug" that can be done has to be selective moderation. I hope you can see why I read your post the way I did.

Tommy10

Seems like he has worked out these need to be sold by a more suited outfit, which is going to be great! Because I think this will be a vape that myself and many friends will enjoy a great deal, but the RBT customer service experience is not something I could reccomend to anyone, in fact It's up their with one of my worst experiences as a paying customer. It was the initial vibe and RBT presence on FC that got me on board as much as the potential of the device... Then things got very weird! Oh well, I just hope it really is a MFLSV and its on shelves somewhere very soon! Many great products have met their doom due to mismanagement and poor business practises, let's hope this makes it through!

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
Yes, he got money from several FC members. Perhaps I should have clarified that I meant he is not profiting from FC.

You'll have to pardon me for the misinterpretation of "have non favorable exposure swept under the rug of informaction deemed useful" but to me, the only "sweeping under the rug" that can be done has to be selective moderation. I hope you can see why I read your post the way I did.
Definitely understandable, that's why I wanted to clarify.

Sometimes I know my expressions have a different impact than I intended them to make.

...this was one of those cases!

Top of the morning to you though Pak! :leaf:

MrPeanut

Zion, stealing faces since 2015
There is so much I want to say to some of the people on this thread beating the dead horse over and over but I am going to try and bit my tongue. We all get it, some of you do not like RBT or his business practices. Some of your gripes are certainly warranted. The others are based on speculation and bias. Share your personal negative experience within the rules and move the fuck on.

I am thinking today will me my last day with my favorite flower, Zion, Milaana and probably this forum too. It gives me a headache and high blood pressure. The useful information that I enjoyed through out the forum is slowly disappearing or being buried under repetitive crap.

Does anyone have any questions or comments specifically about Milaana before I leave?

Edit: @pakalolo , How to I delete my account?

Last edited:

Tommy10

There is so much I want to say to some of the people on this thread beating the dead horse over and over but I am going to try and bit my tongue. We all get it, some of you do not like RBT or his business practices. Some of your gripes are certainly warranted. The others are based on speculation and bias. Share your personal negative experience within the rules and move the fuck on.

I am thinking today will me my last day with my favorite flower, Zion, Milaana and probably this forum too. It gives me a headache and high blood pressure. The useful information that I enjoyed through out the forum is slowly disappearing or being buried under repetitive crap.

Does anyone have any questions or comments specifically about Milaana before I leave?

Edit: @pakalolo , How to I delete my account?

I have found flower to be great for a headache but YMMV.
As for any last Mi questions, does where's mine count? Or is that beating the same horse?
Anyhooo, enjoy the budbatical if you see your mate anytime soon might be handy to let him know his contact form on the website might be faulty? Because I'm sure he'd reply if it were seen, like it works for the rest of the world.
I'm starting to think maybe my very specific question may have somehow made its way into the FAQ's because questions in the Faq WILL not be answered! Hahaha!!!!! No more reply for you! Next!

Last edited:

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
@MrPeanut Thanks for all your contributions - I feel bad to see you leaving, but I do understand your reasons. Wishing you all the best of health and happiness and hope you're only hibernating and be back in recovered shape to enjoy Mother Nature's gifts and this hell of a forum again. I truly hope so.

Take care
:peace:

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
today will me my last day with my favorite flower, Zion, Milaana and probably this forum too. It gives me a headache and high blood pressure. The useful information that I enjoyed through out the forum is slowly disappearing or being buried under repetitive crap.
That sucks...FWIW... the issues in this thread are not a representation of this entire forum. There are plenty of corners I go to that have completely different vibes!

It would be a shame to see you dissappear.

Many blessings on your journey.

As far as how to delete an account...I had a joke best saved for another day :peace:

HD Springer

I took my mi over to granny's this morning and that woman hit it till it lit it. I stupidly told her to hold the button for 3-4 sec. then hit. She left it pressed for about double the time. Damn it never actually combusted as far as embers but the flavor definitely turned to that ever so combustion flavor.

Sorry I can't give any feed back on everything not related to functionality or stories of usage but at some point I feel this thread has got to get away from how bad of a human being Rbt is. He cannot ever be in the good graces of FC or that other R community. So hopefully the millions of mj. users soon to be vaporists (hopefully) can see the Mi and Zion for what they are. Vaporizers

Ive been very careful who I mention FC to because many of my crowed can't do this chippy mentality many of these threads have turned into. It just seems to defeat the whole purpose of why me and Mother Nature get together to enjoy her golden Grail.
Again sorry to every body who seriously feels that they have been duped or misled or even treated wrong. This was never anyone's intentions.

@MrPeanut after the last 6 mos. who could blame you especially since your taking the sabaticle. Much love and positive (I know right lol) vibes going your way from the Midwest. Please keep us posted on how everything's going.
Peace.

srama21

Monotonous Botanist
If you want to ignore the fact that PlanetVape will be selling to individuals and handling customer service, feel free.

LOL. there you go with your selective memory when it comes to RBT. Let me know when the planetvape operation gets under way. Also, i like to look at the bigger picture. Sure planet vape is on board, but Ed is not. Judging by how many fans you have over at reddit i'm sure you dont partake, but there seem to be many more staples in the community questioning their own sanity for considering doing business with your boss.

Last edited:

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
LOL. there you go with your selective memory when it comes to RBT. Let me know when the planetvape operation gets under way, then maybe i'll reconsider. Also, i like to look at the bigger picture. Sure planet vape is on board, but Ed is not. Judging by how many fans you have over at reddit i'm sure you dont partake, but there seem to be many more staples in the community questioning their own sanity for considering doing business with your boss.

My boss? So you're accusing me of being a shill, is that it?

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
no accusations here. was hoping for a response to my more substantive comments.

I see. I guess I'm just sensitive.

All right, substance. There isn't much in your comment. PlanetVape has created a page for RastaBuddhaTao devices. They don't have stock yet and the Milaana picture is incorrect. I'm sure you know these things. I'm aware that I'm a vaporents villain but beyond that, I don't find it useful to get upset about a group of upset people posting attacks on the internet. I regret that people find RBT difficult or impossible to deal with, but I have no control over that either.

tblast

Took Milaana to a mid day movie yesterday (Everybody Wants Some!!--highly recommended), and it fit my usage case perfectly. Brought a packed stem (long), and it was super easy to take a couple sneaky tokes. Helped that the theatre was mostly empty of course, but none of my other vapes have ever worked well in that scenario. Solo is too slow, Hammer is too loud, Milaana kind of a best of both worlds between those two. No lights, no sound, just a big blast of vapor on demand.

Also, I really can't explain it, but this vape gets me phenomenally medicated. Way moreso than the Solo, and even stronger than a big one hit extraction from the hammer through water. It's crazy how little herb I've been using. Maybe went through .1 yesterday and was medicated for several hours. Woke up to a very dry mouth this morning.

I've still only used the Mi dry, I find the vapor through the long stem to be fine on my throat, but the short stem to be a little harsh. I'm a high temp vaper, however, so that was kind of what I expected.

Has anyone experimented with stem positioning, particularly with the short stem, so the vapor doesn't go straight to the back of your throat? I'm still on the hunt for a US 18-18, going to go to the st Marks this after noon with my short stem and see if I can find a good match.

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
@MrPeanut good luck in your medical endeavors, & I agree this thread is filled with too much bias and speculation. Lot of muck you have to sift through. Rest of the forum isn't like this, I'd implore you to check it out.

Bias usually does come from experience though. You went ice fishing with him? You're biased he's a good guy.

You bought a vape with no hassle? You're biased he's a good guy.

He tells you to fuck off? You're biased he's a bad guy.

He seeks you out for wood or other things, and then spurns you? You're biased he's a bad guy.

Move the fuck on? I can see how you'd get the impression we're beating a dead horse, yet people are simply saying, "oh yeah, same crappy experience over here" Should we not empathize with them since we've had similar experiences or are our experiences just not worth posting about? I like letting them know they aren't alone :) and to my credit I'm not doing it here on this site. No one wants to see the gripes in this thread......would kill the "vibe" and would be "getting off track."

There are going to be users like you who think he runs a stellar company and is a stellar person, and there are going to be users like me who think the opposite. Neither is worth more than the other, but saying a group should move on........well that actually makes it seem like the negative opinions are worth more, since the positive ones are actively trying to shush them and move them along. (And there is actually a trend of this in the thread..a negative opinion is glossed over or outright ignored..I agree with Pak though that the mod's have been very lenient and let both sides air their grievances... but a negative experience/opinion doesn't seem to carry much weight.....)

(An example literally popped up as I wrote this.........I bought a Mighty from S&B. I bought a VapCap from Dynavap. I bought my Underdogs from Dave and Amanda. These aren't just "Zion & Milaana" they are "Zion & Milaana by RBT" who makes them and the company behind them mean just as much as the product being put out.....his abysmal sales prove that point)

That reddit thread was pretty refreshing @srama21 it was nice having people in the industry also express their frustrations without having to sugarcoat it. Seeing as how Ed was in the process of doing business with him, well it kind of validates what many of us have been saying in that the company runs like a circus. ..correct me if I'm wrong, but he would be the only one who has actually attempted working with him on the business side of things so far right (that interacts with us)?? So they would be infinitely more knowledgeable on how the company is run than any Z Team or Beta members..their opinion holds much more stock...the only way Zteam/Beta would be more knowledgeable on the business side is if they were in business with RBT (not saying they are, but I am saying Eds opinion is worth more based on both parties circumstances)...... I found it interesting that Randy already had to start taking breathers and walking away before even getting things set up..........that sounds like the start of a profitable and stress free relationship :lol: hope he takes the advice given.

Truly good luck in your medical journey and a speedy recovery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom