Discontinued The RBT Milaana (unregulated single 18650)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slow Draw McGraw

Company Rep
@grokit
@HellsWindStaff
@srama21
@WakeAndVape

I love all you guys posts in the last few pages. Please if you add anything further, don't apologize, or my bad, or anything like that. Don't apologize for being yourself.
Seems @pakalolo gets along fine being who he wants to be.
If we can work out a system so these guys above warning points go to me for speaking their mind, PM me.
The truth is what i come here for.
There is no agenda against pak or RBT on reddit. Just read the shit, the message is clear (although delivery is poor)

I'm sure the Milaana ect are great vapes, but it goes much further than that. I hope people can understand what I mean. I wanted to buy these vapes so bad but I can't. I tried but every time I failed at giving in.

I will now move the fuck on.

:peace:

And now randy/puffitup is out too? :(

Nobody said that, and he was never "In" per se. Though apparently neither was Ed... Randy was openly considering it yesterday and has been in talks with RBT for some time apparently. People seem to be misconstruing some of his observations, Randy (or someone like him..) would be nothing short of a godsend to the RBT brand. RBT knows this, that's why they have been in talks for a good while.

Im not saying its going to happen or not, but it was still on the table last night. @PuffItUp care to chime in this clusterfuck?! I don't blame you if you don't, but I'm sure were all curious about your thoughts on the Mi you were supposed to be receiving (today?).

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I have playing around with my Mi, crazy good. Very different from my beloved Air (different, but cool).

Searching thread for
1. Battery info, have 3, but I'm a heavy user, may need (?) - thinking 6 to 10 to make a full day, any opinions? Can I buy batts locally, best one?
Right now getting 2 or 3 bowls on a cell. Low? Must be wasting power at load size under .1
2. Stem info, I like the shorty, have one, another on way. Also have one long.
3. Load size, screen config, getting bad taste if I pack too close to oven. Is there an ideal load size, distance from oven, and screen(s) placement?
4. Trigger technique, how to hold, feather, to produce thick, good tasting, effective hits while conserving batt... Best method?
5. Cleaning, maintenance, wood treatment?

Yeah as mentioned if you are using Air batteries that would explain it. Should be seeing at least 4 bowls, likely more, 5 is my average and what I've seen from others. An yeah technique is a big factor too, screen pack trigger etc all the variables, you'll learn to control them best for you the more you use it, a lot tonsidt though but there are some very good usage tips here amid all the nonsense... Good luck bud feel free to reach out if you have any specific questions.

Took Milaana to a mid day movie yesterday (Everybody Wants Some!!--highly recommended), and it fit my usage case perfectly. Brought a packed stem (long), and it was super easy to take a couple sneaky tokes. Helped that the theatre was mostly empty of course, but none of my other vapes have ever worked well in that scenario. Solo is too slow, Hammer is too loud, Milaana kind of a best of both worlds between those two. No lights, no sound, just a big blast of vapor on demand.

Also, I really can't explain it, but this vape gets me phenomenally medicated. Way moreso than the Solo, and even stronger than a big one hit extraction from the hammer through water. It's crazy how little herb I've been using. Maybe went through .1 yesterday and was medicated for several hours. Woke up to a very dry mouth this morning.

Yes it's so great for a movie theater! I did this with Elevape once before too but Milaana was better (also a disposable Kadabra oil pen worked very well...) And yes so much more powerful than a Solo, like Solo meets log. You can try using your tongue to protect back of your throat from vapor, that's an old Solo trick actually.

I love my Milaana and having tried it am looking forward to the zion. As for RBT, he's created a great product and he's not a very pleasant person based on his treatment of people. Do I not buy his product because I don't like his behavior? I wouldn't even know about that if I didn't post here. I'd just know I love the product.
I think Ed said it best- what goes around comes around. If he doesn't improve his business practices things may not work out for him in spite of the M and Z. Maybe we need a RBT complaint thread because I'm ready to return to talking about the Milaana.

Yes I agree completely girl, given your vapor journey here I am very happy to see you enjoying it so much. Unfortunately yes the 18mm joint for a stem must be 7/8inches long to fit in Milaana, so RBT best place to buy but there must be another source somewhere, we need to find it...

is it ok to store it unused at full charge until the Mi gets here?

Yes just try not to let them sit too long, a few days to a week is fine, likely more, but I'd be careful to make it as short as possible personally, so wait a bit before charging em up to give yourself a shipping time buffer

Well I got mine yesterday afternoon and spent the evening, ah, testing.

At first I thought it was a bit harsh with the short stem but I haven't tried the longer stem yet. I'm a pretty low temp kinda girl. After a few unremarkable small bowls, I loaded more quantity and that seemed to make a huge difference. The 2nd hit was possibly the best, most flavorful I have experienced on ANY of my vapes! Now I see what some have been raving about. Gonna keep trying to get hits like that one more consistently.

I tried to move the stem screen closer to the heater but the damn thing won't budge. It's in there so tight and I was afraid I'd break the glass pushing so hard on the screen. May have to use a spacer for smaller loads?

I am getting a hot spot in the center every time and definitely less than a full extraction. ABV was very light green-brown, and this was on a fresh battery. Put it in my Nano at 6.5 and it cranked out at least 10 more huge hits before it was depleted and time for bed.

So, definitely more experimenting needed with all the variables. Learning curve is no big deal. No combustion. When I feel appropriate heat I let off the button and draw. With this kind of power I think I need to adjust my draw and take smaller hits.

Hot spot can be managed with trigger technique, you'll get there, for a low temp vaper like myself just hold it for less time and inhale all that residual heat as you are, I also do smaller hits typically bc of my lung capacity and throat comfort. You got it, just honing technique the more you use it. You can force that screen down or push it up out the other way, I posted before about doing it on a table with a pen or such so you can force it through. They get easier the more you move em, I'd suggest pushing it out and forcing it in the other way basket style for a smaller bowl (but small loads should be possible in a larger bowl too, again comes down to draw and trigger technique). And yeah long stem for smoother hits, I havent tried a shorty yet though... Good luck and enjoy!

It is a little disappointing in that respect though, since testers were always touting the wide-open airflow. I thought that meant we'd be able to use it, but I find it just demands more breath control. Another way a narrower bowl might help?? for my particular style and habits, anyway

Yeah in that way it's not as quick to vapor as say Daisy or Lily, you have to use your breath to really pull the heat through the herb with some turbulence to get better vapor. It can still be quick but it being so wide open of an airflow means you have to manage your breath more or go hard on the trigger and risk hotspots. There may be a way to avoid them even like that though, so let us know if you figure something out! With so many variables it is still rather durable (also even GH and ESV have some sort of draw speed technique for optimal use, despite also having an open airflow). As killick said, I've found my system to be draw slow as you press the button and then speed up your draw as the heater is climbing in temp, let go and clear the hit with residual heat, can watch the vapor in the long stem.

So ed sent rbt samples of his work, will rbt will have his "factory" crank 'em out instead? :mad:

I think Randy has not backed out, he is getting a Milaana of his own today and will make a final decision. I think he is leaning more towards yes if RBT can meet contract stipulations like having enough rolling inventory so they can handle a warranty replacements and CS themselves for example.

And yes since Milaana design was evolving during development, and now again tweaked during production, Ed's samples were already off on hole specs etc. So RBT deemed it easier to keep it alltogether and focus on the original suppliers and body manufacturers. Those are the only facts i know, it seems their communication, or lack thereof rather, was the main issue. Im sure each have their own perspective on it, and their own ways of doing business, obviously Ed is more established and shouldn't have had to go through that.

@Ed's TnT I would like to hear more about what you think of the Milaana performance though (a colder beta unit like mine I believe) now that youve had a lot of time with it, aside from the man behind it with questionable business practices to say the least... I just think discussion is better served talking about the vape as it seems pretty soon consumers won't have to deal with the man at all anymore. It is good to know that you are not involved in any capacity though bc that would ofcourse have been a selling point for many since you are more than a stand up guy, a gifted woodworker and responsible businessman (I probably should've warned you better about RBT's style in our talks so I apologize as well)... At the very least we can enjoy your gorgeous stems here (some day)

YaFreekin Right

@freidrich - you just need to draw slowly to start. Once the heater catches up, and it will, the harder you draw the closer you get to combustion. When you are heat-soaked, just keep pressing the button and horsing on that shotgun barrel of a stem... thats the map to Smoulder City, population you...

I don't understand how a harder draw will get you closer to combustion, ie a higher temperature. In an unregulated device the harder you draw the cooler the air will be.

Yeah as mentioned if you are using Air batteries that would explain it. Should be seeing at least 4 bowls, likely more, 5 is my average and what I've seen from others.

I thought you would get more than that. Odd since a GH which has ~1/4 battery capacity gets pretty close to that.

YaFreekin Right,

Shit Snacks

Holy shit. I can see why these little combustion fuckers are defensive....it works!

:rofl:love it man, amazing video! I guess the batteries are coming pre-charged now?! That is good news. One suggestion re harshness coughing as I'm sure you already know and plan to test, try laying off the button sooner and drawing residual heat, especially with back to back hits in a nice heatsoaked session, that's what helps me though I do tend to prefer lower temps ofcourse. You are a trooper for powering through those lungbusting clouds and coughing fits, expected as much based on your Daisy/Lily vids, but still damn brother, again great job!

This and my last post, seeing all these new users posting their experiences, I feel like this:
This is what I knew would happen when these finally went out to all of you, glad I wasn't crazy! Can't wait for Zion to get to the same place some day...

I don't understand how a harder draw will get you closer to combustion, ie a higher temperature. In an unregulated device the harder you draw the cooler the air will be.

I thought you would get more than that. Odd since a GH which has ~1/4 battery capacity gets pretty close to that.

it is because the heater is rising in temp (to 500F+ mind you) the longer you hold the button the hotter it gets, so even drawing fast it will combust if held say 10seconds on a fresh battery maybe. In this way it is more like Daisy/Lily (actually even a Cloud Evo or LSV too in my experience) where your breath and draw strength can pull super thick clouds or potentially smoke, all about dancing along that edge for full bodied manual vapor.

750mah is 1/4 of 2500-2900mah? I guess that checks out. They also have very different chambers though so measuring bowls may be misleading i suppose. I've seen GH battery life said to be 2-4 bowls, whereas Milaana is 4-6, seem decently better to me especially considering there is no temp regulation here, not to mention more power on tap (GH is 30-45watts I believe, and someone here extrapolated with a dmm or something that Mi seems to be running 40-65watts)

Last edited:

Vape Dr.

Hello all!:wave:
I have been doing some testing with my Milaana and the short stem.

I am testing stems per battery, draws per stem, vapor production, taste, battery life (trying several other batteries as well as the stock HE4), and extraction.

I average 8 draws per stem and my ABV is nice and tan. Here are my first 4 stems using the factory RBT LG HE4 battery. Top was first stem, then around like a clock. I still have plenty of battery life for a few more stems.

Here is the distance I have the screen. I usually pack just about half of the stem.

This is how I personally find I get the best results with the Milaana as a reference to those new to it.

I hold the button for a total of 7 seconds.
I push the button, then after 3 seconds I start to draw while holding the button for another 4 seconds (7 seconds total button time) Then I let go of the button and continue to draw for an additional 3-5 seconds.
My draw is on the medium high side (6-7 out of 10 , 10 being the hardest draw).

Here is what I did to my Milaana to make things easier on me. I got a sharpie and put a dot on the glass at the 12-3-6-9 o'clock positions and a spot on the stem.

Doing this allows me to vape a whole stem with no stirring. I start at 12, draw, move the stem to the 1:30 position for 2nd draw, 3 o'clock for the 3rd, and so on until I finish my 8th draw at the 10:30 position.
I do this because I find the hottest spot on my Milaana is closet to the button and rotating around the "hot" spot keeps the draws fresh and ABV uniform. I still have not combusted through it!:rockon:

I find this to be my happy spot. I get great taste, great vapor, and great battery life. I average at least 6 stems this way. :nod:

I am not saying this is THE way, or the RIGHT way. I am just sharing what works best for me.

Consider this a reference for those just receiving their Milaana and having trouble with button "push" length and screen position.:)

I'm sure results may vary from unit to unit but this is how I personally get the most enjoyment from my Milaana.:p

Just my :2c:

Hope this helps!:tup:

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
I actually find it funny that what I had expected to post about in this thread today is this:

During the early development of the Zion, RBT contacted me and asked if I knew who he could approach in Canada for distribution. I recommended PlanetVape as a well-respected international vendor. Since I know Robert personally, I also volunteered to demonstrate the Zion for him when the time came. Shit happened, and we ended up with the Milaana, but Robert still doesn't have one. Today is the day that I am meeting him for the demo. This should be fun, especially for those who think I shill for RBT. Enjoy!

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
This thing is looking better and better. I'm hoping my pre-order is at the house waiting on me now! I have a concert to go to tonight and I am tempted to run home and grab it to use instead of the Mighty or Haze. Although those pre-loaded Haze cans make it a very attractive concert group vape.

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
I'm in love, spoiled even, in one day. Must say delivery was super quick, service stellar. Bravo RBT, I've got a new DD.

No air batts. Got 5 LGs and more coming. I could see technique being a huge factor, got 4 bowls last batt, but small, still powerhouse hit with huge extraction.

Dumb question. What's the second "half hole" about?

Just took a Vape Dr. hit... Perfection on taste, cloud, and..... Uh effect:rofl:

Last edited:
I notice Wake and Vape and Vape Dr. both have some...I'm guessing it's the mesh?...in the air intake next to the stem port. Mine came with nothing in that space. Wonder what the difference is. Is the mesh there to keep particles from entering the air path?

Of course I am still waiting to be able to use mine. Ugh! Can't wait to offer up my own vid.

The build on mine is pretty solid. Button and port are both flush and tight. A very tiny, almost imperceptible evidence of sealant on the bottom of the unit but otherwise I could mistake it as a solid piece of wood. The sealant at the stem port is perfect. I see no indication of spill-over anywhere. And I have to say I kind of dig the copper contact. Got a steam punk feel to it. Cannot wait to use this baby.

PuffItUp

Retailer

No, absolutely not. My Milaana arrived today and I haven't tried it yet. We will get some sexy photos taken then ill get to know the vape better tonight. I have been following the drama like a lot of us have. RBT might not be the best PR firm however if they make a great vape then we want to help get its name out. Of corse there are a million other details that must be worked out beforehand.

Shit Snacks

I'm in love, spoiled even, in one day. Must say delivery was super quick, service stellar. Bravo RBT, I've got a new DD.

No air batts. Got 5 LGs and more coming. I could see technique being a huge factor, got 4 bowls last batt, but small, still powerhouse hit with huge extraction.

Just took a Vape Dr. hit... Perfection on taste, cloud, and..... Uh effect:rofl:

I notice Wake and Vape and Vape Dr. both have some...I'm guessing it's the mesh?...in the air intake next to the stem port. Mine came with nothing in that space. Wonder what the difference is. Is the mesh there to keep particles from entering the air path?

Of course I am still waiting to be able to use mine. Ugh! Can't wait to offer up my own vid.

The build on mine is pretty solid. Button and port are both flush and tight. A very tiny, almost imperceptible evidence of sealant on the bottom of the unit but otherwise I could mistake it as a solid piece of wood. The sealant at the stem port is perfect. I see no indication of spill-over anywhere. And I have to say I kind of dig the copper contact. Got a steam punk feel to it. Cannot wait to use this baby.

Yes some early units went out without the mesh filter in place, it indeed keeps particulates out of the heater, it is the same steel mesh material used for concentrates as well, apparently not entirely necessary but good to have imo, haven't touched mine since it came with it installed already

Is that what you meant @Bravesst? Yours didn't have the filter in place either and you've been using without? That half circle is the fresh air intake (Zion's is on the bottom). I knew you would love this tech, Air meets E-Nano aye?

Great to see you here @PuffItUp! Hope you enjoy as well, looking forward to your take!

@Vape Dr. Nice tips! Now that's what I'm talking about! :tup:

Last edited:

grokit

well-worn member
No, absolutely not. My Milaana arrived today and I haven't tried it yet. We will get some sexy photos taken then ill get to know the vape better tonight. I have been following the drama like a lot of us have. RBT might not be the best PR firm however if they make a great vape then we want to help get its name out. Of corse there are a million other details that must be worked out beforehand.
Good to know, thanks for weighing in :tup:

thekarmawhore

I knew you'd love it based on how you feel about the Air, which I also own and enjoy from time to time. Glad to see you back in! RBT's heater tech is patently unique in the industry and worth the wait and growing pains, IMHO.

little maggie

Where exactly does the mesh go? I haven't needed it since I put a screen in my water adapter but I'd like to know in case I ever try to just use the stem. Looked at OGB for stems. I'm sure they are better quality than the ones at RBT's store but even with the expensive shipping, RBT's ends up costing less.

thekarmawhore

Cant say for sure little maggie but from what I've seen and read here when not used for holding concentrates the mesh goes in the hole next to the glass, which acts as a filter for incoming air. When used for holding concentrates, however, the mesh belongs in the stem.

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
And yes since Milaana design was evolving during development, and now again tweaked during production, Ed's samples were already off on hole specs etc. So RBT deemed it easier to keep it alltogether and focus on the original suppliers and body manufacturers. Those are the only facts i know, it seems their communication, or lack thereof rather, was the main issue. Im sure each have their own perspective on it, and their own ways of doing business, obviously Ed is more established and shouldn't have had to go through that.

@Ed's TnT I would like to hear more about what you think of the Milaana performance though (a colder beta unit like mine I believe) now that youve had a lot of time with it, aside from the man behind it with questionable business practices to say the least... I just think discussion is better served talking about the vape as it seems pretty soon consumers won't have to deal with the man at all anymore. It is good to know that you are not involved in any capacity though bc that would ofcourse have been a selling point for many since you are more than a stand up guy, a gifted woodworker and responsible businessman (I probably should've warned you better about RBT's style in our talks so I apologize as well)... At the very least we can enjoy your gorgeous stems here (some day)

Yeah there is no need in mentioning this upper detail, it is what it is!

As I said from the start, the thing is a great vape, hits like a champ and does what its supposed to, its rather easy for a newbie and thats what I like most about it. Alot of units have learning curves and prep time and all that, I dont have time to rub it, love it, put it under my pillow, and I sure as heck dont have time to do a long setup, prep grind and do all this sit down BS, I do a simple finger grind, suck it into the stem like a straw pace inside the female, hold the button 5-7 seconds then do a long steady draw holding the button the whole time, I like down right choking hits, if you aint choking you aint toking, this does all that. I did have a couple things that could be done aesthetically to clean it up here and there but hey guy wasnt hearing it or having it discussed further. So for the most part its a great vape for what it is, simple and easy no frills just thrills. Hope this is helpful bro! No need to apologize for anything my man, you have always been helpful and looked out for me when you could, I appreciate your doing so, somethings are just out of our hands right!

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Yeah there is no need in mentioning this upper detail, it is what it is!

As I said from the start, the thing is a great vape, hits like a champ and does what its supposed to, its rather easy for a newbie and thats what I like most about it. Alot of units have learning curves and prep time and all that, I dont have time to rub it, love it, put it under my pillow, and I sure as heck dont have time to do a long setup, prep grind and do all this sit down BS, I do a simple finger grind, suck it into the stem like a straw pace inside the female, hold the button 5-7 seconds then do a long steady draw holding the button the whole time, I like down right choking hits, if you aint choking you aint toking, this does all that. I did have a couple things that could be done aesthetically to clean it up here and there but hey guy wasnt hearing it or having it discussed further. So for the most part its a great vape for what it is, simple and easy no frills just thrills. Hope this is helpful bro! No need to apologize for anything my man, you have always been helpful and looked out for me when you could, I appreciate your doing so, somethings are just out of our hands right!

Thanks Ed. Yeah I dont really know much about it, but did try my best to tell him to treat you right at least... Damn I do wish we could've seen what you had in mind for future Milaanas but se la vi not meant to be. I do hope he still gets you an updated production unit some day though (as a gesture if nothing else) bc judging by the videos here they definitely don't need to be preheated as much as ours to get that choking vapor (not for me, why vaping was perfect for me, but too each their own, I know most of my friends and combusters love this for that too!) Also let me know when things settle down order wise so we can talk stems again, I think I'd like to buy a softwood short one with the ID matching the glass as we've discussed previously (btw those concert vids from your thread were awesome man, not to mention those new 14mm VonGs!)

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
In an unregulated device the harder you draw the cooler the air will be.

That would be true for most devices but the Zi and Mi have incredible peak power outputs, even comparing positively to some desktop power figures I read. It's really hard to overwhelm their heaters.

The Zion is regulated and has variable power so it's way easier to find your personal sweet spot where the temperature rise is perfectly cancelled by your particular draw speed. You can thus get a perfectly predictable temperature curve this way (either a slow rise or a flat line), and it's very organic to do the temp-stepping, almost a second nature after a few weeks of use.

The Milaana is like a Zion stuck to full power, plus you have the cell voltage drop to take into account (although with the voltage sag those cells experience with that high of a load, the impact of this variation is not felt as deeply as one could imagine, the "usable" voltage in the end tends to stay in a narrow band)

You really need to modulate the power using the trigger button with the Milaana. That and preheat + draw times.

Then I let go of the button and continue to draw for an additional 3-5 seconds.

That's really a key aspect to understand to get more efficiency (in terms of battery usage I mean) For the Zion I preheat for 4 seconds, draw while holding the button for 4 or 5 seconds, then I let the button go while continuing to draw. And I clearly get a very large percentage of the vapor AFTER the trigger is released. Most of the time it just feels like it keeps pouring and pouring and I run out of breath before being able to inhale it all (residual vapor in the stem is a good indicator that you got a large hit)

Of course the exact figures are meaningless and will have to be adapted to every user. But the three phases (preheat, draw while pulsing trigger, draw with trigger released) are keys to unlock the "perfect" technique... and about the only thing you really need to know to enjoy these vapes.

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
Details like how to get @VaPeD&CoNfUsEd to make a joda stem collection for the Mi and Zi....just kidding but I was contemplating reaching out to him while I was driving home puffing on the Mi today.

AJS

Calm Consistency
4z19LBy.jpg

xYBp1rd.jpg

rsowKhe.jpg

My friend and I both got our Milaanas today!

Dramma Lamma

Looks like a job for!
Well...

(I wish i could find the spider-man line with the same quote on you tube)

Someone convince me if I should or should not pull the trigger on this thing or the Zion, or both.

Dramma Lamma,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom