Discontinued The RBT Milaana (unregulated single 18650)

Status
Not open for further replies.

grokit

well-worn member
He has a system, and it's a pretty good one.
My experience so far says otherwise. Even after six months I wasn't "impatient". But now it's been eight, and current orders have started shipping while some pre-orders are still waiting for parts. While I certainly don't want to inhibit enthusiastic user reports, it's hard to maintain my own excitement for this device.

Ignorance means that you don't know the facts.
Please enlighten us with some of these facts, if you can share any that might alleviate these concerns.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
My experience so far says otherwise. Even after six months I wasn't "impatient". But now it's been eight, and current orders have started shipping while some pre-orders are still waiting for parts. While I certainly don't want to inhibit enthusiastic user reports, it's hard to maintain my own excitement for this device.

Hey bud, that really sucks you're still in the dark. Seems all US pre orders have shipped, so if yours hasn't come it should any day, no? Checked with @nosmoking re trackings? (no address change or anything right?) This is probably better to discuss in PM, but I hope you're not the one pre order that fell through the cracks or something... Will do whatever I can to help, just let me know man

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
Unfortunately, @grokit is the only one I have talked with through PM's that I have not been able to see anything for. Well, the odd thing is tho I do see a tracking for his state and we discussed it in PM but its not his city. Its odd cause no one else has asked for shipping info that is in that state and it has not delivered yet. Delivery date is tomorrow. :hmm:

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member

Please enlighten us with some of these facts, if you can share any that might alleviate these concerns.

It's unfortunate that your experience has gone sour. I wasn't trying to excite you or anyone else. I was simply stating that judgment was being rendered without having all the facts in evidence. I have more facts than he does, but I don't have them all either. I certainly don't have more to share. You can trust my assurance that things will turn out fine, or not. If you or anyone else has concerns, I think that the refund route is always open.

Shit Snacks

Unfortunately, @grokit is the only one I have talked with through PM's that I have not been able to see anything for. Well, the odd thing is tho I do see a tracking for his state and we discussed it in PM but its not his city. Its odd cause no one else has asked for shipping info that is in that state and it has not delivered yet. Delivery date is tomorrow. :hmm:

That's gotta be it no @grokit? Going to the wrong address perhaps? This is why we confirm :rolleyes: Glad we're almost out of pre order zone at least... Now let's get back to talking about the actual vape shall we? ;) (89 pages?! Well GH thread is at like 400+ isn't it? :p)

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
It's unfortunate that your experience has gone sour. I wasn't trying to excite you or anyone else. I was simply stating that judgment was being rendered without having all the facts in evidence. I have more facts than he does, but I don't have them all either. I certainly don't have more to share. You can trust my assurance that things will turn out fine, or not. If you or anyone else has concerns, I think that the refund route is always open.
As far as facts on the shipping order...I kinda got an edge on you there since I talked to many members and know when they ordered and when their Mi shipped @pakalolo and that is really what my post that you didn't like referenced and why I did not appreciate being referred to as lacking information or in your terms, massively ignorant. But were :horse:so who cares. I still stand behind this product and hope RBT can make peace with those who did not have a good experience with him. :nod:

Last edited:

grokit

well-worn member
I'm sure it will be here sooner or later. I'm not upset, but the waiting for buttons got me going a bit. I hope they are using the same button moving forward, as everyone seems to like the current one and it doesn't seem to be a source of any problems. Anyways back to the stellar user reports, sorry this came up.

Tommy10

To clarify, I didn't call you ignorant, I said you spoke from ignorance, which is accurate. Ignorance means that you don't know the facts.

Facts are hard to gather, when emails aren't even replied to.
Customer service 101 for the many > special Skype tours for the few.
Unless I'm missing something... Other than a Mi, and the privilege of a response.

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
So I just noticed that the long stem can be inserted into my bong backwards into the 18mm female hole to replace the 14mm female stem in my bong. No adapter neccessary and it is the same length. It doesnt have slits at the bottom and it recesses ever so slighlty sonthere is a little added air flow coming in but it hits like a champ!

Shit Snacks

This is a good vape. Ed jumping ship bummed me out. good vape, bad vibes.

Glad you are enjoying it dude!

Ed not being involved anymore was actually disclosed in his thread a while ago, he had sent samples and RBT never got back to him as he was focusing on working with manufacturer and wood supplier he already had locked in, something about training and such. Ofcourse I don't know all the details and it sucks noodles, but it should all be okay, despite the "new business growing pains"

Button should be the same as far as I know, seemed like just a shipment of tons more coming? I don't know about all the different points of supply etc, but again we probably should stop discussing this crap... Unproductive imo Where are all the new users and their Mi's?

Last edited:

srama21

Monotonous Botanist
Glad you are enjoying it dude!

Thanks home skillet. In terms of the performance of this vape, you were right.

Ed not being involved anymore was actually disclosed in his thread a while ago, he had sent samples and RBT never got back to him as he was focusing on working with manufacturer and wood supplier he already had locked in, something about training and such. Ofcourse I don't know all the details and it sucks noodles, but it should all be okay, despite the "new business growing pains"

Yeah, i didn't know about Ed till I read the posts today so I just found out. Just the overall tone of what Ed said, it seems like he was treated pretty shittily. I reached out to Ed for help when i started turning wood and the man took the time to write me a 4 page pdf document of supplies he recommends, gave me his personal phone number and spent hours on the phone with me talking shop and making sure I understood the pointers and tips he gave me. Thats the kind of guy Ed is, he'll take a personal hit (in time or money or other resources) to help you out. To hear that RBT reached out for help but it turned out the way it did, with Ed wasting his time and money and feeling disrespected, thats just shitty. i can't fuck with that.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Thanks home skillet. In terms of the performance of this vape, you were right.

Yeah, i didn't know about Ed till I read the posts today so I just found out. Just the overall tone of what Ed said, it seems like he was treated pretty shittily. I reached out to Ed for help when i started turning wood and the man took the time to write me a 4 page pdf document of supplies he recommends, gave me his personal phone number and spent hours on the phone with me talking shop and making sure I understood the pointers and tips he gave me. Thats the kind of guy Ed is, he'll take a personal hit (in time or money or other resources) to help you out. To hear that someone reached out for help but it turned out the way it did, with Ed wasting his time and money and feeling disrespected, thats just shitty. i can't fuck with that.

Yes the performance can cloud my judgement (pun obviously intended) in a sense, but absolutely agree about the shittiness and Ed wonderfulness from my own personal experience as well nevertheless. I do still feel like the vape is ultimately all that matters, I never knew anything about the behind the scenes drama for most of the current established brands, and I believe RBT at least developed a product that can one day reach the same status as a reliable effective vaporizer

Last edited:

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
Facts are hard to gather, when emails aren't even replied to.
Customer service 101 for the many > special Skype tours for the few.
Unless I'm missing something... Other than a Mi, and the privilege of a response.

I tried to order 4 or 5 times in August/September 2015 but the checkout kept crashing & RBT never saw fit to respond to my multiple queries about trying to give him money. Then the website went down & once back up the Milaana had jumped from $80-129 & I tried twice more to order but once again there was no response from RBT so I gave up trying to get one. Guess I dodged a bullet as I also had a Dual 18650 in my cart as well & some things are not meant to be.

I am glad @Ed's TnT is not dealing with RBT as that will allow him more time to work with manufacturers that want to work with & appreciate his skillset. The sycophantic nature of many of the posts in this thread are rather disturbing & the only reason I posted in this thread again is I found Tommy & @grokit's posts struck a nerve with me.

More power to the Zion & Milaana owners & I really hope you get all the enjoyment you deserve out of your devices. Good luck to the internationals getting their orders in a timely manner & hopefully hassle free.

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
Appreciating all the device feedback and it is definitely making my night alot easier!

...so will the mighty (which is heating up now).

I thought that was a new age sales tactic, not a personality trait...thanks for the clarity

I think the full spectrum of experience needs to be told. From the cart add to avb dumping.

Why should FC be a place for RBT to make money, disrespect members, make loose promises, ect and have non favorable exposure swept under the rug of informaction deemed useful?

No one should have that power, nor should we give it them.

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
laughing-to-death.jpg

@WakeAndVape if you read the post RBT wrote in athlete vaporist you will learn that he is the one who feels disrespected, all his life.... excepted maybe once when praised for the hurdles family record.. Seems a joke but isn't

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
I don't think he exactly jumped ship. Seems like he was kicked off it. I guess that gives him more time to work on the dynavaps.

Was pretty quality of RBT to seek out Ed for help and then not have the courtesy to let him know he wasn't needed after Ed sent him samples. Least that is what I garner from this:

" he had sent samples and RBT never got back to him as he was focusing on working with manufacturer and wood supplier he already had locked in, something about training and such"

Kanyayweest

Joining just to break the rules is Not Nice. Warning point issued.
Been a long time lurker here but finally decided to make an account. After reading thread after thread, the tone and bullshit in this thread really struck me. The mods would normally ban users for negative comments as this community is a friendly one, and an informative one. The fact that RBT is basically given the right to shit on people... I see pakolo has some explaining to do.
Alas, there will be no explanation as he's the mod, and he's getting to try this "amazing" vaporizer at the expense of the forum. How can someone like Ed get pissed off? One of the nicest guys ever. RBT even pissed off randy from piu. Randy is the bro, always there to help smh. I honestly do not see the point in supporting this asshole. I see my purchases as support for the developers and I see no need to support this developer. Just my :2c: as I really liked this community long ago but not with the way it's turning out to be. The mods do not even attempt to give any response for their actions. I guess I could ask why it matters; ignorance is bliss.
I strongly believe the mods should have taken action long ago when the zions weren't shipped and the production of the Milaana started. Sadly, such was not the case and RBT will continue to lie to those who believe in him. Maybe not shitsnacks tho cuz he seems fine that he's one of the few with a working model. One's own needs before others I guess. Too bad I won't see one of these-18650's in a good convection vape is hard to come by. Guess I'll just settle for the Venus Apollo.

Copacetic

Somewhere North of The Wall
After reading thread after thread, the tone and bullshit in this thread really struck me. The mods would normally ban users for negative comments as this community is a friendly one, and an informative one. The fact that RBT is basically given the right to shit on people... I see pakolo has some explaining to do........
......... I honestly do not see the point in supporting this asshole........

You're going for irony right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom