Discontinued The RBT Milaana (unregulated single 18650)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Hey guys, got vaped and made a DIY mod so you can keep your battery in your Milaana when not in use.:sherlock:

First I got a washer double the height of the original one and put it under the original washer.

Next I got a guitar pick and trimmed it the shape of the brass contact lid and drilled a hole in it.

Then I took off a bit more of the one side of the pick.

This is what it looks like assembled.

I only needed one side to come flush with the side of the brass top for when I want to slide it shut to put it in my pocket.
I shaved down the other side making sure that when I pushed the pick and the lid over the battery wasn't making contact.
This also allows less to stick off the side when slid to the "on" position.

The battery is in and not able to make contact.

I got a ruler and ran it across the button and it heated up.
So if you have battery in your Milaana in your pocket and the button is slightly pressed, it is heating the chamber.

With this I slid the guitar pick away from the contact point the unit is ready to go.

With more shaved off the one end, the pick really doesn't get in the way.

This is a generic mock up I literally just made. It may look crude but it works very well.

A wooden pick would look nice!

I am absolutely loving my Milaana!.....I really need to name her.:hmm:

I thought I would share this with you all.
It makes life so much easier leaving the battery in and putting it your pocket with zero worries about hitting the button.
Now you can have 2 batteries and your stem in the case with you!:)

This was super simple to make and it's FREE!!!:clap:

:science:
:wave:

:peace:

RastaBuddhaTao

Manufacturer

winner! ... well you to @GetLeft as I'm calling it a photo finish. Yup, my good man Vape Dr. will be branded on the picks to say thanks for his contribution. I mean, if it's cool with @Vape Dr ?

@Vape Dr. safety picks will be sent out to all current customers. Thanks to all Mod Makers for leveraging the customizable design of the Mi to make them your own. A Mod Contest is in the cards for 2017.

jazzyvapeman

I'm waiting on my Milaana which will be here tomorrow...very excited!

I also ordered the guitar pick mod from Delta 3D...with the mod installed and the pick engaged over the battery, does it then make it safe to leave the battery in the device for a prolonged period (and in one's pocket)?

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
I just received my angled stems from DHGate! Shipping was super fast, at least compared to other slow-boat-from-China sources.

I ordered a couple just in case, as I knew there would be some variation. And indeed one is a good fit while the other is a bit loose (mind you, with my broken female GonG everything is slightly looser than previously)

RBT stock screens were easier to install than in my straight stems, where I usually had to force a bit to shape them well.

I'm about to test one right now but I'm already very happy to get my Milaana stealthy-looking again, as I was using only the long stems since my friend broke my shorty, and they drew way too much attention when used outside the house. I hope it won't feel too hot as I really got used to the long stems in the meanwhile, and it's hard to go back. I'll report later on.

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
does it then make it safe to leave the battery in the device for a prolonged period (and in one's pocket)?
As the circuit is broken you are good2go. Pocket that rocket! :tup:

Vape Dr. will be branded on the picks to say thanks for his contribution.
I'd rather it said 'RBT' or even better, your avatar design! :)

OyVape

gln42Ts.jpg

Whoah, what is this glass critter?

Last edited:
OyVape,

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
@RastaBuddhaTao Great to hear from you! :) Looking forward to everything RBT.

I just received my angled stems from DHGate! Shipping was super fast, at least compared to other slow-boat-from-China sources.

I ordered a couple just in case, as I knew there would be some variation. And indeed one is a good fit while the other is a bit loose (mind you, with my broken female GonG everything is slightly looser than previously)

RBT stock screens were easier to install than in my straight stems, where I usually had to force a bit to shape them well.

I'm about to test one right now but I'm already very happy to get my Milaana stealthy-looking again, as I was using only the long stems since my friend broke my shorty, and they drew way too much attention when used outside the house. I hope it won't feel too hot as I really got used to the long stems in the meanwhile, and it's hard to go back. I'll report later on.

True dat. Was super fast shipping for me too. While there are still two other packages somewhere on a boat..funny enough one of em is also from driptip. Must be utilizing different mail carriers...
I'm curious how your sessions are going. Have fun testing! :)

As the circuit is broken you are good2go. Pocket that rocket! :tup:

I'd rather it said 'RBT' or even better, your avatar design! :)

Rite on, bro. As much as I think Doc deserves the credits, I just find it more suitable and less confusing to just brand RBT - or maybe Milaana in a nice font.

RBT avatar logo body branding + Milaana text brand to the pic? Subtle but nice :)

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
winner! ... well you to @GetLeft as I'm calling it a photo finish. Yup, my good man Vape Dr. will be branded on the picks to say thanks for his contribution. I mean, if it's cool with @Vape Dr ?

@Vape Dr. safety picks will be sent out to all current customers. Thanks to all Mod Makers for leveraging the customizable design of the Mi to make them your own. A Mod Contest is in the cards for 2017.

Wow did not see this coming! What a great idea, including then and sending to current owners, well done sir. Will you have color choices or just one neutral color? Don't want it to clash with the wood so maybe black is best if only one option makes it easier? Or white i suppose, just like your avatar!

I do think it's really nice to honor the Doc with a brand on the pick, perhaps it'd be best to do the RBT logo on the top side, then a little Vape Dr. brand on the under side? Ofcourse reversible either way... And will they be legit guitar picks, or maybe you could just order a large supply from @Ratchett? (how're those stirrer picks coming btw buddy?) but that may be more expensive for you actually...

Can't wait to see, things are getting pretty fun round here again :tup:

I'm waiting on my Milaana which will be here tomorrow...very excited!

I also ordered the guitar pick mod from Delta 3D...with the mod installed and the pick engaged over the battery, does it then make it safe to leave the battery in the device for a prolonged period (and in one's pocket)?

Even without the mod in place, there is no danger to leaving the battery in for any amount of time, as long as the trigger is not at risk of being pressed in unintentionally (so lying on its side with nothing touching it would be fine, I do that a lot) So yeah its more for storing pocket or other tight spaces like a master power switch

Oh nice, are those the right angled adapters @vapen00b shared with us? I ordered two as well, hope at least one fits...

And congrats @Stu! Guess you'll need a Milaana to go with those free accessories huh? ;) I know I know we still need to get together so you can try Zion too

beiberhole69

Sexual Maven
As far as I can tell someone just said vapor path when they meant airpath referring to wood (beibs), that made someone else confused (robbo), then you brought up glue again...

No, I meant vapor path, but I was wrong. I stand corrected. The way it gets wider after the screen and the texture changes (where the dusty bits collect), I thought it was bare wood there. I've always thought that, but the way my burnt up unit looks verified it for me (though I wondered why I couldn't scrap char off with my dental tool).

On another note. Can't say I haven't combusted with my new unit anymore. Damn hash sammich through the water pipe caught after pressing it too far, flowers too dry but there was still plenty of hashish :/

RastaBuddhaTao

Manufacturer
@subway13029 all existing customers will get a pick and updated safety instructions with the Vape Dr. shout out. New units will have a RBT branded pick @VegNVape @vapen00b

@Shit Snacks the latest manual states to remove the battery when not in use to guard against a stuck button. @cannabis.pro said it best... Think of Milaana as a pistol and the battery is the bullet... either clear the chamber or at least put put the safety on when not in use.

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
@subway13029 all existing customers will get a pick and updated safety instructions with the Vape Dr. shout out. New units will have a RBT branded pick @VegNVape @vapen00b

@Shit Snacks the latest manual states to remove the battery when not in use to guard against a stuck button. @cannabis.pro said it best... Think of Milaana as a pistol and the battery is the bullet... either clear the chamber or at least put put the safety on when not in use.
Thank you Rasta! :bowdown:
Dropping gems without fail.

So, Zion is a pump action shotgun?

Load up on flowers!

TheRobbo

Just wanted to report on another way I just found to enjoy my Mi...
Well I should say load my pistol :borg:
Man I love experimenting!
So suck up just enough of last nights (dried out now powdery) ground to almost fill the basket... pack down pretty tight and now there is probably 2mm of weed bullet in there and close to 1cm from heater screen to the load.
Preheat for 5 and then start puffing like a pipe till I see vapour (4th puff).
Then draw quite hard and release button a fraction into the draw.
Keep drawing 75% till you cant feel torrents of vapour pouring down your neck.
I got 3 huge lung busting hits like this with no need to stir...
Nice!:science:

Copacetic

Somewhere North of The Wall
See this wonderful picture today on ig!!

cRauKBJ.jpg

More of this PLEASE!

Beautiful Bravesst, nice clean lines.
Vape specific furniture, now I've contracted FAS on top of all the other 'acquisition syndromes' I already have, thanks :doh::rant::bang:

Ooooh, lovely (I'm more into the walnut (?) Mi than the glass though.)
It's weird, I wanted the Milaana for use through water, but now find that I've given up the glass since the taste is just SO GOOD native that I don't want to give it up nowadays.

Can't get enough of the new wood though.
Anyone else got pic's of the new wood species to share to quell my VAS till my Spalted gets to me? :bowdown:

Even more 'in progress' pic's would help with the shakes @RastaBuddhaTao :drool::popcorn:

Skynet007

Would a regular Milaana stem fit over a 14mm male rig? Or would i have to get male to female adapter? And where might I get one? Thanks!

Skynet007,

jazzyvapeman

Got my Milaana today...few week delay on the ESV 2.0 had my VAS goin wild....some initial thoughts...

Thanks to many of the posts here re: technique I was able to get a great satisfying hit on the first try, although I can tell my technique will get better over the coming days.

Full satisfying clouds, smooth tasty vapor with a hint of wood, kind of the vapor version of a hoppy complex craft beer, nice mostly (95%) even darker brown abv that doesn't really require stirring, literally one tiny speck of green if I don't stir, mostly just shades of dark brown....although if I'm at my desk I kind of like the stirring ritual....but I can see this not being necessary on the go with just rotating a bit after each hit.

Enjoyed both Cheese Candy and Alien Rock Candy this evening via Milaana, got me feeling like woah...

I'm kind of a Herbie snob as it's the best vape I've tried to date, but boy does this thing pack a punch. I think it may be better than the Herbie, time will tell, although it lacks that 'precise' medicated feeling you get with the Herbie at any given temp, due to varying temps, but I like the signature; first impressions are that it kind of feels like the Volcano on steroids...

I really can't believe this thing is a portable...

I quickly understood the purpose of the @DDave mod and the need for microdosing....

Thanks to @canabis.pro at 420EDC for excellent customer service, answering my questions, shipping it out within hours of my order, giving me just one more reason to enjoy the weekend!

Believe the hype, the hype is real...I'm gonna conserve big time with this baby.

AJS

Calm Consistency
I have officially found a way to cut out the stem and go completely direct with the Milaana.
Very fun. More experimenting to come.

DDaves 14mm reducer, drop his 14mm screen through the female end so the basket points towards the male and the basket points towards the female. Push it into place with a tool and it'll stay.

Pack.

Rip.

5Emh6N5.jpg

83aeR76.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom