Discontinued The RBT Milaana (unregulated single 18650)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Believe the hype, the hype is real...
Funny. That is what all the beta testers were sayin to y'all early on and some of you were having a hard time believing. Not so much anymore I think. There are very few now who have gotten a chance to use Milaana who haven't been converted, or at very least, highly impressed. She seriously does the deed.

And don't look now, but her sister is coming back soon to refresh the family album. And what a family pic that will be...

Whissmu

Another question guys:
Do you know where to buy good prices for europe.. of this Dome Screen Pack??
iiiimages.jpg

Whissmu,
Reactions: vapen00b

jazzyvapeman

I ordered the @DDave mod...it said something about having to cut the screens? Can anyone share why type of work is involved to get the mod working? Do I need the basket screen press?

jazzyvapeman,
Reactions: DDave

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
I ordered the @DDave mod...it said something about having to cut the screens? Can anyone share why type of work is involved to get the mod working? Do I need the basket screen press?
@jazzyvapeman

The screen cutting is optional. When I had the stems made, I requested a small ledge to house an internal screen. To cut one of the included screens to size, just place the mouth of the stem of choice (14mm or 18mm) on the screen like a stencil and trace a circle around it onto the screen. Then with a scissors, cut the circle out of the screen, from the inside of the circle you just drew. When you're done cutting out the circle, you should have removed the excess screen material including the circle you drew, making the mini-screen you just created slightly smaller than the outer diameter of the stem mouth. This is the size needed to hold fast within the stem. Gently insert by slightly bending screen, don't crease it. Then use a toothpick or other poker device and position the screen on the internal ledge of the stem.

Saying this, most do not use this method with the kit. Basket packing, as you'll see in @AJS videos relating to this mod kit, are most popular. Just ensure to gently tamp if draw restriction is a concern. Tighter the tamp, the harder the draw.

No basket press required. Your kit comes with basket screens that are fit to the stems.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
Number of hits per battery would be dependent on the person and how long of a draw and how hot you vaporize at.

I've timed myself and another person using the Mi and we vaped for about 45 min to 60 min and after that my brown battery needed to be placed on the charger. We did a marithon when I first got my unit with the one battery. Then we did it again (on a different day) and it was about 50 min, we used a different battery.

How many hits I don't really know. I would guess and say maybe a hit a minute? That's sounds about right with the two of us. This was with new batteries. I would assume the batteries will degrade over time but I haven't noticed that. I do use 4 batteries so they shouldn't degrade too fast.

Edit
Good point @TheRobbo a lot of variable to be sure. Back to back hits would make a difference rather than at random.

Last edited:

TheRobbo

Number of hits per battery would be dependent on the person and how long of a draw and how hot you vaporize at.

I've timed myself and another person using the Mi and we vaped for about 45 min to 60 min and after that my brown battery needed to be placed on the charger. We did a marithon when I first got my unit with the one battery. Then we did it again (on a different day) and it was about 50 min, we used a different battery.

How many hits I don't really know. I would guess and say maybe a hit a minute? That's sounds about right with the two of us. This was with new batteries. I would assume the batteries will degrade over time but I haven't noticed that. I do use 4 batteries so they shouldn't degrade too fast.

Dont forget these hit were back to back over the course of that hour... The heater retains quite alot of heat. If you just have a stem then come back in an hour when its cooled down you will probably get less as it takes extra power to warm up again

AJS

Calm Consistency
@AJS Single fresh battery? Number of "hits" per battery?
Fresh battery .. Id say anywhere between 30 and 70 hits depending on use. I've gotten 8 bowls out of a battery, some were stem bowls of about 8 hits each, others were 3 hit k0s through the bubbler. All depends. There's enough juice to not always have it running in your mind that it's about to run out. I take 1 with me and it lasts me all day out and about for the most part.
There's just so many variables ... I go by bowls, not hits. Hits, I think could definitely get 6 bowls of 8 hits each out of a battery if I kept it warm. ... Idk.

Whissmu

How is it best to leave stored batteries unused for some time? Full load-> 4.20mAh or low load-> 3.80mAh ??

Whissmu,
Reactions: AJS

Whissmu

Long term storage should be at around 50% capacity which should be roughly 3.7v
3.8v should be fine
Depends how long... up to 1 month at full charge 4.2v should be fine any longer and its best to run them down

OK! Many thanks TheRobbo! I will leave them at 3.80-3.85 mAh when I leave them stored and go travel with other vapes!You are great companions! Regards

TheRobbo

OK! Many thanks TheRobbo! I will leave them at 3.80-3.85 mAh when I leave them stored and go travel with other vapes!You are great companions! Regards

Dont forget mAh is just the capacity of the battery the more mAh the longer it will take for voltage to run down. the reading your getting 3.8 is volts

TheRobbo,

Whissmu

Dont forget mAh is just the capacity of the battery the more mAh the longer it will take for voltage to run down. the reading your getting 3.8 is volts

thanks! :)
It is true!! I have bundled volt with amps: I was referring (well you corrected TheRobbo) to the voltage to store .... not say capacity of batteries! :S is what my milaana have, it is so powerful that it clouds my sense. Jis, jis !! :>
I will try to edit my written error!

Good and nice Christmas for Vape Dr. and rest of the forum!

regards

PD: ohh! imposible edit .. :/

Tommy10

Been running the reducer as well, mostly because I broke my 18-14 male/male and all my glass is 14. Use it direct draw a bit too though. Works well with the screen in the 14mm male bit, but couldn't reliably fit them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom