• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued The RBT Milaana (unregulated single 18650)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whissmu

Remember this is a very high airflow device. It can potentially pump out more vapor than a log vape without getting as milky white because the color is diluted with air.
Put a phone light up to your bubbler to help watch it milk. Focus on flavor and even burn, an increase from there. Slower draw helps with thicker milk. I have tons of videos on this thread of me milking it pretty damn white.
One trick is to start pulsing on and off the trigger RIGHT before you predict vapor starts forming (based off experience) or just as it does. This levels the heater out and gives a nice consistent vape.

Thanks for the quickness !! I'm learning a little thanks to you ASJ I'll practice your advice !!

Now I begin to understand ....: D

My bubblers are big, it will not help to see milk and my lack of experience with MI will make this an entertaining mission :)

regards

edit: thanks muunch ! take note !
Buy in future a reduction to 14,5mm to get closer to see milk in my bubbler! :]
Which brings me to the question; Is it better 18.8mm to 14.5mm or 14.5mm to 14.5mm?

Modnote: Fixed broken quote tags

Last edited by a moderator:
Whissmu,

Vape Dr.

Ok, Here is my Milaana milking up a large water pipe. No modding of the unit. It's all about the button time and draw speed.

Enjoi!

This one you probably saw already, sorry about the shaky camera.

Here's another video I found, 3 draws and the ABV afterwards.

Whissmu

edit: take note muunch !
Buy a reduction to 14,5mm to get closer to see milk in my bubbler! :
Ok, Here is my Milaana milking up a large water pipe. No modding of the unit. It's all about the button time and draw speed.

Enjoi!

This one you probably saw already, sorry about the shaky camera.

Here's another video I found, 3 draws and the ABV afterwards.

Fantastic videos!

Damn!!

I am not able to reach that white milk :S some croquis for awkward ?? :p

Last edited:
Whissmu,

GetLeft

Anyone ever take their Milaana Skiing?

I wanna say s** but I not dare. Not these days...

My kiddo's too good for me these days and will undoubtedly bail on me this year first opp. Not a totally major bad. Gotta think bright side when ya gotta think bright side. :tup:

GetLeft,

beiberhole69

Sexual Maven
Why don't I taste anything when I dry hit a freshly cleaned stem without anything in it? No wood taste, no detectable aroma via my tastebuds. I've never had any combustion events with my Milaana, ever.

Why do I? (no combustion w/ my 2nd unit) Dry hitting with an empty stem is distinctly woody and different than dry hit removed.

*shrug*

I shouldn't have even mentioned anything about flavor/smell in that post anyway, it was unnecessary. I just wanted to point out the wood in the vapor path after the screen before the load... that's what I was referring to when I said people ignore it's existence.

TheRobbo

Why do I? (no combustion w/ my 2nd unit) Dry hitting with an empty stem is distinctly woody and different than dry hit removed.

*shrug*

I shouldn't have even mentioned anything about flavor/smell in that post anyway, it was unnecessary. I just wanted to point out the wood in the vapor path after the screen before the load... that's what I was referring to when I said people ignore it's existence.

Sorry what?
Wood in the vapour path after the screen before the load?
I think you must be mistaken...
that should be one piece of glass all the way down from rim to heater with a screen jammed in the middle.
There should not be wood there... maybe your glass has broken/sheared off at the base of the gong just above the screen?

I say all this as there is most definitely NOT wood in my vapour path. Also I'm sure burried back in the thread there are pictures of the glass removed from a unit that glue failed... it is all one piece.

Edit: Should say its probably not a problem as I plan on getting a wood stem one day and I think there may be a tiny little bit of wood in my vapour path then :D

cannabis.pro

aka 420EDC
Accessory Maker
Anyone ever take their Milaana Skiing? How'd it go?
33˚F outside. For the first time, I've loaded up some Exodus Cheese CO2 extract I had laying around for times of need (almost out of flowers). Took a couple of rips of it in between some stainless steel mesh and the flavor was right on. Effects are definitely there as well. To me, it didn't take any extra effort or heat-up time, and I normally vape flowers sometimes with some hash sandwiched in. I don't think going lower in temperature will do anything but cause a slight delay compared to room temperature operation.

Dramma Lamma

Looks like a job for!

*shrug*

Sorry what?
Wood in the vapour path after the screen before the load?
I think you must be mistaken...
that should be one piece of glass all the way down from rim to heater with a screen jammed in the middle.
There should not be wood there... maybe your glass has broken/sheared off at the base of the gong just above the screen?

I say all this as there is most definitely NOT wood in my vapour path. Also I'm sure burried back in the thread there are pictures of the glass removed from a unit that glue failed... it is all one piece.

Edit: Should say its probably not a problem as I plan on getting a wood stem one day and I think there may be a tiny little bit of wood in my vapour path then :D

To clarify for any outsider on this:

There IS wood and some (quite minimal in most units) exposed epoxy in the cold air intake path, right as air enters the unit.
There IS NOT wood or glue in any portion of the vapor path or heated air path, before or behind the load.

ONLY in the intake, which proponents do validly argue it is not a major issue.
For the wood I completely agree, wood as a intake for air is fine.

Its the minimal glue in the cold intake, and that the glue is slowly gently heated via the glass vapor path over long continued use that I take issue with.
:horse:

More frankly I take issue with how easy it would have been for RBT to have made their vapes without said glue in the first place.
:horse:

Last edited:

CaptVapor

To clarify for any outsider on this:

There IS wood and some (quite minimal in most units) exposed epoxy in the cold air intake path, right as air enters the unit.

Wha? Why is there expoxy in the cold air intake? The epoxy is only used to keep the female joint in place I thought?

CaptVapor,

mephisto

Here we go again.... the cold air intake passes along the side of the glass on its way to the heater and then up through the load.
Methinks this topic has been addressed, undressed, repressed, digressed, and distressed. Lets all collectively take a deep draw from your favorite vapor weapon and understand that RBT has responded to these concerns. My Walnut Mi doesn't taste of wood, it runs a bit cooler than my OG as well. The glass is nearly flush with the top of the unit. Careful what you wish for, flush glass means less room for longer 18mm fitment. So out of 9 potential stems, only my m2m fitting rests tightly in the joint. Maybe the loose fitment is also allowing bypass air around the stem thus giving the impression of a cooler firing unit.
First world problems.....

Dramma Lamma

Looks like a job for!
Here we go again.... the cold air intake passes along the side of the glass on its way to the heater and then up through the load.
Methinks this topic has been addressed, undressed, repressed, digressed, and distressed. Lets all collectively take a deep draw from your favorite vapor weapon and understand that RBT has responded to these concerns.

If by responded, you mean acknowledged.

"yup, there is a bit of glue and we feel its fine and will not budge."

then yeah you are right RBT has "responded" to this criticism.

Dramma Lamma,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Methinks this topic has been addressed, undressed, repressed, digressed, and distressed. Lets all collectively take a deep draw from your favorite vapor weapon and understand that RBT has responded to these concerns. My Walnut Mi doesn't taste of wood, it runs a bit cooler than my OG as well. The glass is nearly flush with the top of the unit. Careful what you wish for, flush glass means less room for longer 18mm fitment. So out of 9 potential stems, only my m2m fitting rests tightly in the joint. Maybe the loose fitment is also allowing bypass air around the stem thus giving the impression of a cooler firing unit.
First world problems.....

:clap: yeah I dono why this came up again:doh:

Air path has wood and potentially cured medical grade epoxy that is rated for temp levels well above what it sees in its use keeping the glass bowl attached to the wood (but really the epoxy should be out of the airpath on most units anyway... There is nothing to fix and i dont think we can judge what is an "easy" alternative for RBT) then the air is heated by stainless steel element with mica insulator encased in glass, then flows through a steel mesh screen into the herbs to create vapor, which then flows through another steel mesh screen and a glass tube (so only that tube is technically the vapor path, the rest is air path) Done and done, once again

Moving along glad you are back at it @mephisto no shots of the walnut though? Interesting you feel it's a bit cooler, latest units should all be more consistent in general so that must be how it's actually supposed to be?

Last edited:

mephisto

gln42Ts.jpg

Dramma Lamma

Looks like a job for!
:clap: yeah I don't why this came up again:doh:

Because someone asked about it, but did not feel like re-reading the whole thread to get said info.

Compare this to how when someone asked about technique for a nice hit and tons of people all chime in with their tips.

Same thing man.

There is nothing to fix

Yes there is.
The amount of "mods" we are all posting here and loving is frankly proof of that.
Period :2c:

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Because someone asked about it, but did not feel like re-reading the whole thread to get said info.

Compare this to how when someone asked about technique for a nice hit and tons of people all chime in with their tips.

Same thing man.

Yes there is.
:2c:

As far as I can tell someone just said vapor path when they meant airpath referring to wood (beibs), that made someone else confused (robbo), then you brought up glue again...

Not at all the same as someone asking for technique tips in my opinion, but whatever. Clearly agree to disagree, carry on :tup:

Looks great @mephisto! I can't wait to get a new Milaana myself hopefully soon, with fancy wood type and the full glass bowl recession too for that matter (plus some nice wooden stems from Alan to match it ofcourse!)

Oh also I don't mod my Milaana at all, though there's always room for improvement, fixing implies its broken, and imo it certainly is not

Last edited:

TheRobbo

Same thing man.

Yes there is.
The amount of "mods" we are all posting here and loving is frankly proof of that.
Period :2c:

Not entirely sure what 'mods' you refer to, the only one I can think of that actually changes the base unit is the guitar pick... Not sure you can put different stems/adapters/screen setup in the mods basket...

As far as I can tell someone just said vapor path when they meant airpath referring to wood (beibs), that made someone else confused (robbo), then you brought up glue again...

Not at all the same as someone asking for technique tips in my opinion, but whatever. Clearly agree to disagree, carry on :tup:

Looks great @mephisto! I can't wait to get a new Milaana myself hopefully soon, with fancy wood type and the full glass bowl recession too for that matter (plus some nice wooden stems from Alan to match it ofcourse!)

I think you will find @beiberhole69 specifically mentioned wood between heater screen and load...
I was just pointing out this should not be the case and maybe something wrong with his unit.

GetLeft

I've dabbled with a mod to my milaana but not because it was under performing in any way. To the contrary it's an over-performer. I added an option to lessen the size of the bowl 'cause I love the thing but jeez I just can't be so wonderfully stoned all the time. Sometimes I need a slightly less wonderfully kind of stoned and being able to slip a lesser amount into the stem helps me do that. Funny though. I'm leaning back toward that 18mm...

RastaBuddhaTao

Manufacturer
Not entirely sure what 'mods' you refer to, the only one I can think of that actually changes the base unit is the guitar pick... Not sure you can put different stems/adapters/screen setup in the mods basket......

The work to design a thermally resetting fuse to stop over temperature if the button is accidentally held for long periods of time has proven to not be a workable solution. The resistance is too high. So, thanks to one of the clever folks here on FC we have a easy, simple solution in the guitar pick Mod that will now be standard on all Milaana.

However, high temp medical grade epoxy will continue to be used on Milaana, Zion and the 510 as it is a safe and cost effective means of fastening the glass and bottom cap. The lack of ugly fasteners helps to not violate the simple clean lines of the RBT products. RBT takes vapor purity seriously and all of our vaporizers materials are engineered and fabricated to ensure best in class taste. We do however understand the people might be put off by it. The good news is, if it is a problem for you there are tons of vaporizers out there to choose from. For those that trust the expert advice of the Z-Team, buy a Milaana :)

EDIT: @Dramma Lamma rest assured the products slated for release in 2018 will focus on eliminating high temperature epoxy with a mechanical solution void of all polymers :)

Last edited:

RastaBuddhaTao

Manufacturer
Brand them with your avatar logo!!

Funny you mention that because we are planning on branding it. Now, who came up with this super cool idea?

Hey, let's have some fun... a Milaana mouthpiece, hemp fiber and screen care package for the first person to reply to the original post first introducing the guitar pick Mod to the world here on FC... and go!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom