Discontinued The RBT Milaana (unregulated single 18650)

Status
Not open for further replies.

beiberhole69

Sexual Maven
Airpath:

1) Wood & stainless steel intake screen
2) Stainless Steel & mica inside borosilicate glass female GonG joint
3) 2 Stainless Steel screens above heater
4) Material in stem
5) Stainless steel screen in stem
6) Borosilicate glass male joint stem

There is 2 part medical grade epoxy holding the female joint in place going 2/3-3/4 the way around the joint, this area is not directly in the airpath and doesn't go beyond the rated temperature as it is visible above the screens in step 3 above.

3.5) rim of wood between SS heater and beginning of F glass joint.

It's there, it imparts flavor/aroma. It's slight, but noticeable. It actually enhances the experience to me. Why people try to deny it's existence, IDK. Maybe someone with a tiny periscopic lense can take a pic of it.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
3.5) rim of wood between SS heater and beginning of F glass joint.

It's there, it imparts flavor/aroma. It's slight, but noticeable. It actually enhances the experience to me. Why people try to deny it's existence, IDK. Maybe someone with a tiny periscopic lense can take a pic of it.

lol deny its existence, people just have different sensory experiences is all. I don't feel comfortable saying it definitely imparts a flavor signature or its definitely neutral, its all just a matter of perspective, and either way we all agree it's a tasty strong signature ;)

Last edited:

Cl4ud3

Exact same here. Nothin nothin nothin. Maaaaaaaybe? But seems like nothin.

Maybe my years of mflb made me immune lol.
I'm the same, very neutral taste only the flower and my MFLB was the same very very good neutral flavour. So can you say for you the different wood models are just aesthetically different and not at all differing flavour wise ?

Whissmu

Today I received my milaana, I only gave time to a battery, but it still looks great. The taste is fantastic. I still have to learn but I have some questions:
-How do you know that the battery reaches its end? Because it does not heat the stem?
-How many batteries would need approx for continuous and non-stop vape while with a charger nitecore charge the worn out and thus no stop ..
thanks

Ah! Any recommendations on what bubbler to buy to take on my trips next to my mi ?? I would be very grateful

Last edited by a moderator:

Cl4ud3

Last edited:

jazzyvapeman

Hey guys,

This vape has me very interested and I've been reading over various parts of the thread. I'm suffering from some serious VAS as I wait patiently for my ESV 2.0. I'm sorry if I'm being redundant but I have a 7 month old and don't have the time to read all 287 pages...

Had a few questions before pulling the trigger:
-I was wondering if any Herbalizer owners can compare the effectiveness of the Herbalizer vs. Milaana. I've tried many vapes and the Herbalizer to me is the most effective.
-It seems to me that the challenge with this vape is technique, but once you have it down it's pretty amazing. Any other cons I should be aware of?
-How much stirring is required?
-Are warranty issues common?
-Where can you get the best price and is anyone running any specials? Right now the best I've seen is a good bundle with an extra battery and carrying case from 420 EDC.

Any other insight that you think a perspective buyer should have is greatly appreciated.

fluffhead

Recovering Idealist
-I was wondering if any Herbalizer owners can compare the effectiveness of the Herbalizer vs. Milaana. I've tried many vapes and the Herbalizer to me is the most effective.
I own both and my Milaana is my daily driver while my herbalizer sits unused most of the day except by my wife sometimes. It is a different vape signature so there are certainly individual differences. I find the milaana to be more "full spectrum" (which is good for my stomach) while the herbalizer hits me with a "headier" effect and is less effective on my stomach. I also find the ritual of using the milaana much more enjoyable, if that matters to you at all. Both can be effective at getting a person high, but I find it requires much less material in the milaana.

-How much stirring is required?
I never stir when the bowl is flower only. I have checked my abv at 445 on the herbalizer and nothing is there. The only bowls that I stir are ones that are mixed with concentrates that melt into the flower.

BadDog No

Big fan of the "puck" method here. Rough tear, no grind, pack hard. After a good pull or two, push the puck out (my faithful dowel) and reverse it. Take a few more and now it's time to "stir". Actually I dump the puck, do a quick crumble and discard any wood and repack with a light tamp. Yep, I bet each and every one of us has a slightly different method. You'll find yours...;)

An added benefit when with a companion or two is the opportunity to inject "get the puck out" into the conversation.

TheRobbo

Big fan of the "puck" method here. Rough tear, no grind, pack hard. After a good pull or two, push the puck out (my faithful dowel) and reverse it. Take a few more and now it's time to "stir". Actually I dump the puck, do a quick crumble and discard any wood and repack with a light tamp. Yep, I bet each and every one of us has a slightly different method. You'll find yours...;)

An added benefit when with a companion or two is the opportunity to inject "get the puck out" into the conversation.

I find this to very material dependant... I have been predominantly grinding and sucking up to load for dose consistency (tamp depends on how I want to session). But recently I had a batch which didnt grind well, just disintegrated and then was too fine and packed too dense for good airflow, but just ripped into nugs and stuffed in was perfect.

Also I fine the need for stiring depends on how you hit it...
If you have 5 or 10 for a session and gradually increase temp you will get a whole bunch of hits and wont need to stir once if carefull (might need to lift and rotate stem though).
But...
If you only have 1 minute and want to punch down a couple of lung busters really quick you may need to stir between hits. But you can get two or three out before you need to.

Edit:
All this is just more evidence of the one size fits all nature of this vape... doesn't really matter what you throw at it you just get vapor back.

Last edited:

AJS

Calm Consistency
So can you say for you the different wood models are just aesthetically different and not at all differing flavour wise ?
Only difference in flavor is that my unit heats up a tad differently than my other one which makes it easier to get full clean flavor with a less chance of dark specks affecting the flavor. Wood, no, not from what I can tell. Maybe I'll do a side by side run at some point and see if I can taste wood hints.

Anyone ever take their Milaana Skiing? How'd it go?
Can't vouche for the weather of skiing but I've bombed some hills longboarding and still managed to get rips. Obviously wind will factor in a little bit as it would any vape for the most part, but still do able.
And I see no reason why it wouldn't operate well in less than 40 degrees.

______

Did a nice low temp sesh with very gradual temp increases during my draws instead of my usual heavy spike for thick hits and got like 8 hits out of a 14mm bowl of probably .025 and never had to stir for a perfect brown.
So versatile ... It's amazing.

jazzyvapeman

Did a nice low temp sesh with very gradual temp increases during my draws instead of my usual heavy spike for thick hits and got like 8 hits out of a 14mm bowl of probably .025 and never had to stir for a perfect brown.
So versatile ... It's amazing.

This...this reinforces my purchase of my first Mi earlier today :D

ESV 2.0 and Milaana on the way, I got some serious VAS going on.

CaptVapor

Those of you who have had warranty repair work done on your Milaana, does RBT send you an email before he sends it back or did it just magically appear at your door after awhile?

CaptVapor,
Reactions: GetLeft

OyVape

Just magically appeared one day....after I emailed him.

Edit: actually I'm glad I emailed him instead of just being frustrated not hearing back. Turned out my email saved him considerable time doing heater tuning that wasn't needed. He was able to run his marathon and I was able to have my Mi back for Thanksgiving!

I'm happy that RBT has been so responsive. And funny thing, my unit mystically seems to heat more evenly now.

Last edited:

Whissmu

You could always look at the @DDave cooling unit http://www.ddavemods.com/store/p6/The_DDave_Milaana_Standard_&_Micro_Mod_Kit_V2_w/Cooling_Tech.html

I should also point out https://www.420edc.com/glassware/420edc-milaana-zion-stems-tophat

The 18mm male to 14 or 18 is great, I've used mine with 2 bubblers and it is a fantastic experiance.

thanks and thanks Cl4ud3 !

I like the cooling unit DDave, but I do not know if it is Europe or how much the price increases? I have the 18mm gong and wanted a little space bubbler @dave is perfect ...

My experience with MI is improving .. but with my bubblers I can not succeed :( I can not fill with white steam ... I do not know what I'm doing wrong ... I've tried several times but I have stop because it hits me hard head , it's amazing the balloon I get with this steam.

Awesome thanks RBT

AJS

Calm Consistency
This...this reinforces my purchase of my first Mi earlier today :D
Almost everyone who's been on the fence felt like it was a total brainer decision when they actually got it. This vape does NOT fuel buyers regret. You will be satisfied.

My experience with MI is improving .. but with my bubblers I can not succeed :( I can not fill with white steam ... I do not know what I'm doing wrong ... I've tried several times but I have stop because it hits me hard head , it's amazing the balloon I get with this steam.
Remember this is a very high airflow device. It can potentially pump out more vapor than a log vape without getting as milky white because the color is diluted with air.
Put a phone light up to your bubbler to help watch it milk. Focus on flavor and even burn, an increase from there. Slower draw helps with thicker milk. I have tons of videos on this thread of me milking it pretty damn white.
One trick is to start pulsing on and off the trigger RIGHT before you predict vapor starts forming (based off experience) or just as it does. This levels the heater out and gives a nice consistent vape.

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
Vaping concentrate earlier I wasn't able to fully milk my bong either but I was getting huge hits.

Using the 14mm decreases airflow allowing a lot more visible vapor as has been said before. I think this may also be why I'm able to get very dense clouds with 2 screen method in wooden stems - the screens (and bud cake) reduce airflow a bit and allow the vapor to get more dense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom