Discontinued The RBT Milaana (unregulated single 18650)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RBTMarketing

Company Rep
3Fhwvo1.jpg

A quick take on the RBT logo - my opinion, I like the current logo, just find it a little too clean and too complicated, a proper logo should work in any color or no color, and from postage stamp size to side of a building.

No great slogans yet, I really like the word "modularity", which I see used elsewhere in vaporizer discussions but doesn't seem owned yet.

Modnote: Edited to display image

Thanks for the continued input. I am in agreement in large part. I let Steve know that I think since the in your face logo will be branded on the unit that something in the spirit of an old western branding theme would be cool... but it's brandability seems to be pretty important. So, in a way, it has to be black and white, at least on the unit. My only other thought is to maintain the triangle element in some way and that the Rasta colors don't seem to speak to the brand. He is an extremely talented guy and he has big plans for the brand so I know that he will create something iconic with our input.

Oh damn Doc going even more custom?! Nice! Can't wait to see

Along with black and white, I also dig the swirls, triangles are great for the rule of three, but the swirls give off the right vapor vibes to me. I've also always been a fan of the triskele, which this logo reminded me of, first the two top right ones below, but really any of these:
1baf8c5c19753f5926578db965e39480.jpg

KinokoqpT.jpeg

images

Part of what I like about the current logo is how it is unique, I guess we'll see where it goes... And slogan wise, so maybe something playing on the three? Instant Power and Flavor?
So Speed Power Purity are the three?
Vape Your Senses with Speed Power Purity?
Or to be more precise, Vape Your Senses with instant power and pure flavor?

Ok, so I wanted to take the time to respond to these and get some opinions.

I think a lot of you have touched on this, but just to share my branding experience: A brand's logo should first and foremost be simple. If it cannot be recalled from memory easily there's a problem.

The current logo can be a nice starting point and we do want to maintain the "3 theme". It's deeply embedded in the company values so the notion of 3 needs to be present and obvious.

@hippogriff , thank you for the multiple mock-ups. They are very helpful. I liked the idea with the multiple shades of green. It's simple and the colors are consistent with the product. The middle left is my favorite.

@RastaBuddhaTao , I'd like to have the online logo either be black and white or use simple colors. If we used a colored logo we can easily strip the colors for the sake of physically branding on the logo to products. Let's discuss later if you need clarification.

@Shit Snacks , I like what you were thinking with the swirls, but I'm afraid of over-complicating anything. But again, thank you for your continued input.

grokit

well-worn member
As far as the line art goes, I like the one on the upper left the best. Without the part in the center it's less busy and should be easier to reproduce in a wider variety of sizes.

3Fhwvo1.jpg

I like all the colors, wouldn't mind seeing one with colors on the outside and a white triangle.

As for slogans how about "this vape's for you" to the neil young song.

I ain't vapin' for pepsi
I ain't vapin' for coke
I ain't vapin' for nobody
that makes me look like a joke
This vape's for you ♫

:rockon:

Last edited:

Bandoo

Anybody know where to get the long 18mm colored glass stems for the Milaana?

Bandoo,

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
By Keeping The RBT Logo universal, it can be applied to other products produced @VegNVape.

Simply RBT. :peace:
:hmm:

Sorry @stark1, but I must be a bit confused . . . . I thought you were asking how colours could be burned into wood? - So I was drawing your attention to the comment already made by RBTCS which said that any colours would not be present in the logo when it is physically branded onto the wooden body RBT of devices.

I don't believe that there is any question of the logo NOT being universal across all RBT products.

Apologies if I have totally misunderstood your point :shrug:

:peace:

AJS

Calm Consistency
Omg this had me laughing. So fkn funny, well played.

Well guys, this is it. A (soon to be Category 4) hurricane is touching down on the east coast, and it's time for me to bunker down. In other words ...
6SreYrh.jpg

The driver for this weekend will be the Milaana, no doubt. Most likely losing power, so I dug my spare batteries out of their hiding spot and charged em up. Got 5 high powered batteries at 4.2 ready for action.

The GH will be next just in case I can't finish the weekend with the Milaana, or for my uncle who'll be staying with us and isn't the best vaporist around ..

Lastly, (or firstly), the vapman comes out to play. Take away my grid, but you'll never take away my freedom to vape!!

Honestly, pretty sure the Milaana will hold me over. I'm good for about 30 seshes...can't imagine is go through that in a weekend.

If you guys need me, I'll be in a closet with 4 vapes, herb, and a can of butane.

Days like this I'm happy I don't own a desktop :)

thekarmawhore

Omg this had me laughing. So fkn funny, well played.

Well guys, this is it. A (soon to be Category 4) hurricane is touching down on the east coast, and it's time for me to bunker down. In other words ...
6SreYrh.jpg

The driver for this weekend will be the Milaana, no doubt. Most likely losing power, so I dug my spare batteries out of their hiding spot and charged em up. Got 5 high powered batteries at 4.2 ready for action.

The GH will be next just in case I can't finish the weekend with the Milaana, or for my uncle who'll be staying with us and isn't the best vaporist around ..

Lastly, (or firstly), the vapman comes out to play. Take away my grid, but you'll never take away my freedom to vape!!

Honestly, pretty sure the Milaana will hold me over. I'm good for about 30 seshes...can't imagine is go through that in a weekend.

If you guys need me, I'll be in a closet with 4 vapes, herb, and a can of butane.

Days like this I'm happy I don't own a desktop :)
Stay safe, man, best of luck!

tblast

I've been having a problem with Mi that was described in a post that is several months old, but it looks like it fits my issue to a T:

This happened to me the other day. The battery tab at the bottom of the hole (positive end), gets bent down or pushed to the side. You'll need some kind of L-shaped or hook to get under it and pull it up. Be sure you pull it up from the correct end (attached side, kinda tricky). Also be sure it's centered in the hole, so as to make a good connection.

That fixed me up 100% after things going cold and my copper cap getting hot.

@TheDudeNextDoor
got mine today too, sipping on the 14mm now... bit less taste is the first thing I notice.

The long stem is a taste monster!

My cap is getting hot and I think my battery is sitting lower than it used to, not sure since when or why exactly. I've tried pulling up the tab at the bottom as described, but not having any luck. Any advice as to a specific tool or technique that works well? Also, I'm not entirely clear what you mean when you advise to pull it up from the attached side. Does that mean the side closer to the heater? Also, it's counterintuitive to raise it up on the side that's attached, how does that work?

Thanks

tblast,
Reactions: ZC

mnicsy999

I like butane vapes.
I have a couple of "Is this normal?" questions.

Took the Milaana to a friends yesterday with a total of 3 people there and took 6 batteries. All batteries fully charged to 4.2v. Now that I am home and charging them, I noticed I decided to quit using them at around 3.9-8v because the pre-heat time needed was above 10 seconds. Is it normal to need to pre-heat this long as the batteries get lower in voltage? On a fresh battery it takes about a 5 second pre-heat.

Additionally, I noticed fresh loads do the best because they are closer to the heater due to the volume of the fresh herb. I can't seem to get consistent results with ALL browned abv, there are still green spots in every load. Stirring seems to just break the herb up and results in more harsh vapor. I am not packing at all I am simply sucking herb up into the stem.

Lastly, my herb falls out of my stem and into the heating chamber and it gets stuck in the sides. Incredibly annoying that I have to dig out herb from the corners every session. Any ideas?

cannabis.pro

aka 420EDC
Accessory Maker

Took the Milaana to a friends yesterday with a total of 3 people there and took 6 batteries. All batteries fully charged to 4.2v. Now that I am home and charging them, I noticed I decided to quit using them at around 3.9-8v because the pre-heat time needed was above 10 seconds. Is it normal to need to pre-heat this long as the batteries get lower in voltage? On a fresh battery it takes about a 5 second pre-heat.

Additionally, I noticed fresh loads do the best because they are closer to the heater due to the volume of the fresh herb. I can't seem to get consistent results with ALL browned abv, there are still green spots in every load. Stirring seems to just break the herb up and results in more harsh vapor. I am not packing at all I am simply sucking herb up into the stem.

Lastly, my herb falls out of my stem and into the heating chamber and it gets stuck in the sides. Incredibly annoying that I have to dig out herb from the corners every session. Any ideas?
As the battery depletes from full, you will need a longer heatup time to get to desired heat level. This is the nature of the Milaana being unregulated.

In terms of getting even ABV, try pulling the stem out of the female and rotate slightly between hits. I never stir and my ABV comes out evenly. You can twist the stem while it is in the glass but the friction here will cause the female and your males to wear and not stick when inserted over time. It's a personal preference but keep in mind that there is fine glass dust then being pulled into your ABV from the friction of the glass on glass being twisted. This is why I have got in the habit of pulling and rotating vs. twisting in the glass.

Edit: To stop herb from falling out, tamp it with either your pinky finger or a tool to pack what you load in the stem so that it develops a shape to hold once heat is applied and air gets pulled through. Don't go too hard here or you'll cut off airflow.

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer

I always place a second screen on top of the first and push both screens a little ways into the tube. I never need to stir and nothing can fall into the heater screen. Stays very clean. The heater screen in the Milaana I am using still looks brand new. If you swap positions of the screens every other bowl or so, they stay very clean. Just need to use the skewer tool to push the screens back out to where you can remove the outer screen to dump the bowl. Having the cover screen sort of evens out the heat distribution through the flower puck. Sort of like having a mini elb in your tube.

I've tried pulling up the tab at the bottom as described, but not having any luck. Any advice as to a specific tool or technique that works well?

Take a pair of Klein's or other pliers and bend a 1/4" 90° kink in a paperclip or some other rigid wire and fish it into the battery's spring deal and gently pull it up.

I've had to do it twice since April (was that when the first units shipped) or so.

b0

Cloudy...

I use a mix of what @cannabis.pro and @Alan said. Every hit I take out the steam and turn 1/4 counterwise and I have 2 ELB screens made from broken ELBs that I had around and that way nothing falls on the heater. When the ABV starts shrinking and it isn't as sticky I just press them closer, keeping the load always at the edge of the stem, where the heater is. This way I usually stir once or twice per bowl and I'm happy with my ABV, dark colored and pretty even for convection.

In this pictures you can see it when I was testing the top cap, now I use it upside down basket style, to keep the herbs closer to the heater:

PteLh8H.jpg

kUAPny8.jpg

beiberhole69

Sexual Maven
Really starting to get this thing down better and better. Especially getting better through water, though I sometimes need to do two cycles on the button for one hit. I feel like waiting till you see vapor to let off is too long and some charring will occur (I already leave the load pretty far from the heater). Really wish I was better at getting more vapor out off a press cycle... feathering helps some, but I'm still very cautious after combusting so much early on. Still using to much material as it's fun practicing and I like trying different stuff. Hopefully the novelty wears off soon and I can get a better idea of how conservative I can be with it.

AJS

Calm Consistency
Really starting to get this thing down better and better. Especially getting better through water, though I sometimes need to do two cycles on the button for one hit. I feel like waiting till you see vapor to let off is too long and some charring will occur (I already leave the load pretty far from the heater).

I think this is a good way to test how rapidly your heater increases.
If I let off just as vapor produces, I can easily prevent charring. I think yours shoots up a bit further afterwards and can charr.

You would be a master with mine after you learn yours, sounds like it's a sensitive unit, all the more to learn! My first unit is super easy to tame. Press and inhale, as easy as can be.

This one is a little more difficult, but still pretty easy for me.

beiberhole69

Sexual Maven
Also, got my screens from delta3d today. Def not as good as stock with the little folds, but definitely a better value for the $$$. And they actually fit in m2m GonGs a lot better. I haven't really used em yet though. I could see the folds being somewhat of an annoyance when stirring. The mesh looks slightly more fine also... which, IMO, is good. I love those screen cleaning hits more than anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom