Discontinued The RBT Milaana (unregulated single 18650)

Status
Not open for further replies.

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
Were your colored stems from rbt long ones?? I wrote them to ask if they had any long colored ones but didnt hear back.

Yes, they were direct from RBT. They were my replacements for the one that came with my Mi cracked. He's not selling them yet AFAIK, just the shorty's.

You could try to order a bunch of the 19/22mm's from here:
http://www.mountainglass.com/Products/CHINESE-COLOR/

Caution! Exact joint fit with the Mi is hit or miss. I bought several of them, some fit, some even better, some don't. If you're in the US, I'd say it's a no-brainer, they're really cheap.

cannabis.pro

aka 420EDC
Accessory Maker
Is there any way to make stems stick in a little better? I just got a green stem and it doesn't stay in at all, almost like it's just way to small of a male joint. Any ideas?
Each colored joint has some variance in wall thickness and overall dimensions. My green stem is also loose but no air is coming in through the joint, it just doesn't hold as well as some newer joints. The science of glass work is not precise unfortunately. Just have to be more careful passing the "Green" around.

natural farmer

@Shit Snacks thanks for the out of the box design in the spirit of the triplicate.

My feedback to @RBTCustomerService is to focus the design to look the best when branded on RBT designs, clean, simple (needs to be wood burned inside of a .75" circle and visible from a distance aka no fine detail) gently rounded, and also work in print. My other input of course is that it fits the brand and uses the triangle / element of 3.

Now, we are in a hurry as we need complete the logo and slogan by this coming Wednesday so that we can print a banner Thursday. On Friday, a crew will be here to film a promo video and we really want the logo and slogan to be part of the RBT Story...

So everyone quick! What are your final thoughts for @RBTCustomerService?

I even like the first logo quite a lot so I don't have a real input for that but as far as a slogan goes I will give it a go...

Sustainable efficiency...

Natural Vapor Force...

Portable Vapor Excellence...

Sustainable Forces of Nature...

Naturally Superior Vapes...

Organic Elegance...

Sustainable Vapor Powerhouses...

Ultimate Vapor Tools of a Sustainable Nature...

Instant, Sustainable Raw Force...

Organic Brain Damage Tools!!! :ko:

ZC

New Milaana is no longer working.

Same problem a few others have had, spring at the bottom of the battery is flattened and now the battery sits too low to get a good connection.

So far attempts to pry it up are fruitless. Will try again later.

Why does it even need to have a spring? If it was a flat connection a bit higher up, you'd still get great contact thanks to the threaded nature of how the copper plate contacts.

BadDog No

Have had a nearly flat spring for a couple of months. All it took was one short drop. Didn't have quite the right tool at the time to bend it back either. I just run it now with all the washers on top. Seems to work fine.
EDIT: You do have to remember to loosen it up a little more when replacing a battery though. Otherwise there's not enough clearance to swing the top open.

Last edited:

RastaBuddhaTao

Manufacturer
Great input guys... Remember this is the company logo and slogan... Not that ones for individual units won't be needed in the future.

90% of vaporizers are made of plastic in low cost regions of the world. RBT is attempting to use simple technology to minimize capital investment and labor cost in order to make small volumes of hand made vaporizers profitable. Using natural materials that provide purity, beauty and a natural feel that invites the user to commune with the device. Creating a bond that makes the owner join in the customization in true steampunk individual style.

Ameraromatherapy ?

as for the logo, to go with the design simplicity it will be made from simple shapes... Triangle, Circle... Maybe a square. A triangle with rounded corners with a circle in the middle? Three dots connected to lines that lead to a center dot that is larger? Three circles stacked on each other that get smaller? As simple as possible but identifiable and unique.

The logo is priority as a branding tool will need to be made. Remember that the logo needs to it in a 3/4" square area so keep your sketches small and that will drive you to simplicity and minimize detail.

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
Great input guys... Remember this is the company logo and slogan... Not that ones for individual units won't be needed in the future.

90% of vaporizers are made of plastic in low cost regions of the world. RBT is attempting to use simple technology to minimize capital investment and labor cost in order to make small volumes of hand made vaporizers profitable. Using natural materials that provide purity, beauty and a natural feel that invites the user to commune with the device. Creating a bond that makes the owner join in the customization in true steampunk individual style.

Ameraromatherapy ?

as for the logo, to go with the design simplicity it will be made from simple shapes... Triangle, Circle... Maybe a square. A triangle with rounded corners with a circle in the middle? Three dots connected to lines that lead to a center dot that is larger? Three circles stacked on each other that get smaller? As simple as possible but identifiable and unique.

The logo is priority as a branding tool will need to be made. Remember that the logo needs to it in a 3/4" square area so keep your sketches small and that will drive you to simplicity and minimize detail.
I think as simple as possible on the logo is good, but also keep it as original as possible. What you have is pretty damn good and we all know it when we see it and most of us here have gained a lot of respect for what we know to be behind your simple avatar logo. My 2 cents is keep it the way you have it.

For your company slogan I think you need to identify with the most important values of your products. There are four prominent values in your vaporizers that I feel stand out above the rest of their values. #1- Simple. You kept it simple with the electronics and user in control. #2- Natural/Pure. Your last post covered this well enough. Some people don't realize what a steal this vape is when considering the cost of the materials. #3- Versatile- This vape is really able to work for anybody anyway anywhere. I have used it for Micro-dosing, Macro-dosing, Concentrating with BHO or Rosin, Ground Flower, Hand-torn Flower, Unground nugs, Hash melting, easy connection to water...I could go on forever on this one. I mean you made this one so easy a one-armed blind+deaf man could use your vapes. #4- Power- There is a lot of power behind the grill on RBT tech.

To embody all four values in your slogan can be difficult, however you can select 2 or 3 even to get a good company slogan IMO. I think you can show Simple and Power even without using words that mean/describe power or simplicity. Keeping the slogan short to 2-4 words can be the representation for Simple. Using big words that have a multitude of meanings relating back to your products will make the words more Powerful.

After all that...I feel like something like one of the following might work or might lead you in the right direction:

Organic Versatility
Organically Versatile
Naturally Versatile
Modulate Organically
Pure Power
Simply Powerful

cannabis.pro

aka 420EDC
Accessory Maker
I think as simple as possible on the logo is good, but also keep it as original as possible. What you have is pretty damn good and we all know it when we see it and most of us here have gained a lot of respect for what we know to be behind your simple avatar logo. My 2 cents is keep it the way you have it.
+1

Copacetic

Somewhere North of The Wall
This was sticking out in my mind after my morning read/thread catch up...

RBT= Ritual Based Technology.

I think it sums things up well.
BOOM!
My favourite so far :rockon:
It's pretty different to most of the others we've been proposing, and it ignores and avoids naming the qualities most of us have been scrabbling to convey.
But it fits somehow don't it?
And it manages a little mystery too, rather than baldly blurting the qualities that we would like people to ascribe to the company and it's products, it suggests a mashup of two disparate, but appealing qualities, and leaves something to the imagination.
Mashing up ritual and technology has a somewhat steampunk feel to it too yeah?

Steampunk (in exremis) is a passing fad which is clever, but doomed to be a fashion victim (no wait! bear with me!).
Like the best of passing fads though, it will leave behind a flavour of it's highest achievements on the face of popular cutlure.
Stylistically, the Milaana and Zion really make the best of their steampunk ancestry without descending to spraypainting gramp's welding goggles gold and calling them 'ocubators' or some shit (god I hate that crap :rant:), the Milaana is particularly good looking IMO, and one of my two favourite looking vapes (Zion is tasty too though!)
"Ritual Based Technology" similarly levers the best aspects of 'olde' stuff like medicine bones and voodoo drums, to get right under technology and show us the brass pistons driving the train onward!
What a load of flowery old shit eh?
But I am FEELING IT!

"Ritual Based Technology"

Yeah dude, the 21st century peace pipe :spliff:

For your company slogan I think you need to identify with the most important values of your products. There are four prominent values in your vaporizers that I feel stand out above the rest of their values. #1- Simple. You kept it simple with the electronics and user in control. #2- Natural/Pure. Your last post covered this well enough. Some people don't realize what a steal this vape is when considering the cost of the materials. #3- Versatile- This vape is really able to work for anybody anyway anywhere. I have used it for Micro-dosing, Macro-dosing, Concentrating with BHO or Rosin, Ground Flower, Hand-torn Flower, Unground nugs, Hash melting, easy connection to water...I could go on forever on this one. I mean you made this one so easy a one-armed blind+deaf man could use your vapes. #4- Power- There is a lot of power behind the grill on RBT tech.

To embody all four values in your slogan can be difficult, however you can select 2 or 3 even to get a good company slogan IMO. I think you can show Simple and Power even without using words that mean/describe power or simplicity. Keeping the slogan short to 2-4 words can be the representation for Simple. Using big words that have a multitude of meanings relating back to your products will make the words more Powerful.

After all that...I feel like something like one of the following might work or might lead you in the right direction:

Organic Versatility
Organically Versatile
Naturally Versatile
Modulate Organically
Pure Power
Simply Powerful
Agree :cheers:
The current @RastaBuddhaTao avatar fulfills all of the requirements for a good logo IMO.
It also looks like it would work very well as a brand too (the hot kind; well, both kinds actually!)

I did a bunch of half-hearted scribbles attempting to come up with a suggestion.
Why were they half-hearted?
Well, I like RBT's current logo, and knew I wouldn't be able to better it.
Here's the only one I'm not too embarrassed to post:
Q3xsYh0.jpg

See?

The current logo already embodies lots of elements which express some pretty cool associations.
And it works well above "Ritual Based Technology" too!

Stick with it!

:2c:

RastaBuddhaTao

Manufacturer
BOOM!

"Ritual Based Technology"

Yeah dude, the 21st century peace pipe :spliff:

Q3xsYh0.jpg

:2c:

Killer stuff gang! Yes, this does a great job at describing the technology. It's not the shove your product in, wait a minute for it to warm up, digitally adjust things, dispose of the ABV when you are done type of tech.... It's a modulate the button given your chosen ritual and access the feedback to optimize your vapor. It's simple versatility with minimum electronics that make it necessary to commune with the device. However, it is also it's major flaw from a consumer perspective. The slogan needs to draw the average consumer who are currently attracted to the bright lights and LED filled vapes flooding the market to a simpler more natural way... A ritual.

How does RBT compel people to buck the popular me too commercial trend and try something different?

I believe it is in the "bowl with a built in lighter" experience that lies market expansion. Folks looking to Fuck Combustion appreciate the power of the device and the familiar throat sense that is required with the device... That's what won over @thekarmawhore. There are many folks that have a fair amount of difficulty controlling the device and @stickstones believes commercial success is impossible without "idiot proof" temperature control.

The slogans core value is not being able to win more FC vaporist but rather to enable RBT to penetrate to greater market.

The logo simplification is of the same vain. Simplify the logo so someone in the old west could make a cattle brand. @Copacetic this is my favorite yet. I could bend wire and silver solder it to copper and make the branding iron to make this logo. It simplifies the more current more complex logo (could still be used in print) in a way that is simple to brand. Just says "hand crafted" doesn't it?

Thanks to all for contributing to this simple yet important task... Keep the creative juices flowing.

MonkeyTime

Ok guys (and gals), finally got around to taking a picture.

Here's my unit after 2 coats of Clark's cutting board oil and 1 of their finishing wax. All coats were preceded with a 10-15 minute soak in the oven at 200F to heat up the wood. She's soft as velvet now :love:

It brought out the warm golden tones, but didn't darken it up too much, looks great with both pieces of glass, but I really love the cobalt! Thanks again @RastaBuddhaTao for both the amazing unit and the replacement glass!

RBT - Refresh your senses. Or even just "Refresh" as-in, Refresh your senses, refresh your perspective.....

6VsXfWE.jpg

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Killer stuff gang! Yes, this does a great job at describing the technology. It's not the shove your product in, wait a minute for it to warm up, digitally adjust things, dispose of the ABV when you are done type of tech.... It's a modulate the button given your chosen ritual and access the feedback to optimize your vapor. It's simple versatility with minimum electronics that make it necessary to commune with the device. However, it is also it's major flaw from a consumer perspective. The slogan needs to draw the average consumer who are currently attracted to the bright lights and LED filled vapes flooding the market to a simpler more natural way... A ritual.

How does RBT compel people to buck the popular me too commercial trend and try something different?

I believe it is in the "bowl with a built in lighter" experience that lies market expansion. Folks looking to Fuck Combustion appreciate the power of the device and the familiar throat sense that is required with the device... That's what won over @thekarmawhore. There are many folks that have a fair amount of difficulty controlling the device and @stickstones believes commercial success is impossible without "idiot proof" temperature control.

The slogans core value is not being able to win more FC vaporist but rather to enable RBT to penetrate to greater market.

The logo simplification is of the same vain. Simplify the logo so someone in the old west could make a cattle brand. @Copacetic this is my favorite yet. I could bend wire and silver solder it to copper and make the branding iron to make this logo. It simplifies the more current more complex logo (could still be used in print) in a way that is simple to brand. Just says "hand crafted" doesn't it?

Thanks to all for contributing to this simple yet important task... Keep the creative juices flowing.

Yeah @Copacetic that's awesome, like my triskele but it's own unique symbol

Vape with Nature?
RBT, the natural vapor experience, instant power pure flavor simple versatility

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom