Discontinued The RBT Milaana (unregulated single 18650)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
Just ordered a couple of GonG through @PlanetVape. I wish I would have remembered before I ordered a couple extra stems. I will have two packages to look forward to. I'm paying more in shipping.

Edit
I didn't see any GonGs on the 420EDC.com website. If they had them I didn't see them. I want to try out my j hook with my Milaana and my bubblers.

Last edited:

pandaphysics

I found delta3d had affordable screens.They fit pretty well, but I like my stock screens better. My stock screens had less folds, and they let less material through the edges.

edit. btw I love your username and pic! When are you gonna take us all down to penthouse penthouse?

Last edited:

little maggie

Ddave's EQ mod came with the perfect water stem for my milaana.
s-l1600.jpg

beiberhole69

Sexual Maven
I found delta3d had affordable screens.They fit pretty well, but I like my stock screens better. My stock screens had less folds, and they let less material through the edges.

edit. btw I love your username and pic! When are you gonna take us all down to penthouse penthouse?

Delta3d? is that a website? I can't find it

All Workaholic fans are invited to the Penthouse Penthouse :) New eps don't start till March!

beiberhole69,
Reactions: AJS

beiberhole69

Sexual Maven
Thanks, I ordered, a lot better than what I was looking at (price whise), but can tell it won't be as good as the stock ones. Shipping price was good.

beiberhole69,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I do not show the Milaana to everyone.
Patients that notice it are always interested.
Unless they have some decent experience with both types of units... Convection as the DBV, and also with instant power types of units, I tell them that they should read this thread before making a decision.
@pakalolo said of Flashvape
As I've said elsewhere, I used the FV as a daily driver for a long time and I still love it, but I have always been hesitant to recommend it to anyone without extensive vapourizer experience, and even then it's not a device for everyone. I think you'll be fine with it. Just be quick getting off the button and be prepared to have a few combustion events. Fortunately it's really easy to clean up afterwards.
And so it is with the Milaana.
It sure has gotten a great deal of use since I got it... even more after reading this thread.
The giver of the present told me a number of you were Milaana All Stars and your posts would prove insightful... and they have been.
This is a keeper.

cannabis.pro

aka 420EDC
Accessory Maker
Just ordered a couple of GonG through @PlanetVape.
I didn't see any GonGs on the 420EDC.com website. If they had them I didn't see them. I want to try out my j hook with my Milaana and my bubblers.

...Cannabis pro. (420EDC) ...their orders come quickly....(if you live in California..)

I believe 420 edc us out if their glass screen GONGS for now but they'll restock once they get feedback on the first run.

@CarolKing & @ZC We are currently out of GonGs over at 420EDC and we'll work on getting more of them as well as getting more pictures up. Glad to hear orders are making it out to sunny California quickly @turk!

AhBeVapin

Mindful Member Wellness User
Hey now,

I've noticed that this company & specific device (Milaana) seem to be somewhat rooted in 3's.
'Pure, Aromatic, On Demand Vapor'
Rasta colours as green, yellow & red
Three yings, triangles & dots in avatar
Three wavy sides of original logo

Therefore I submit the following:

CHARGE (your battery)
LOAD (your all glass path)
CONNECT (with your Cannabis)

AbV out

RastaBuddhaTao

Manufacturer
What is the absolute lowest I should be bringing my 18650's down to?
It depends on the battery as each has it's own minimum voltage specification. The ones recommended for use with the Milaana typically have a 2.5 V min but some as high as 3. The voltage drops quickly and not much power is available below 3.5. V so that is where most suggest to stop. However, batteries drained as low as 2.5 should have minimal degradation of the battery chemistry. @KeroZen what are your thoughts?

Thanks to everyone for the logo and slogan input. Keep the creative juices flowing. What is everyone's thoughts on how to structure a RBT Ambassador program?

subway13029

Milaana...I just put through water and 3 hours later I wake up!! That's my slogan...lol...I've been using the small stem with a delta nusong to mate to glass...works pretty good..

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
However, batteries drained as low as 2.5 should have minimal degradation of the battery chemistry. @KeroZen what are your thoughts?

The problem when the open circuit voltage reads 2.5V is that it means that under load the cell went beyond that figure and into the red zone. Every time you go there it creates complex physical faults inside the substrate, like micro tunnels and funky shit... and in the end it damages the cell by raising its internal resistance.

When I push mine they end around 3.3V (open circuit that is) but we're talking about cells rated to go down to 2.5V. There are indeed some cells (mostly older gens and non-IMR/INR chemistries) that should not go below 3V, and super high discharge Li-Po packs for instance are even higher and should not go below 3.3V. But in our case I think all recommended cells are good down to 2.5V.

Anyways and thankfully the device is self-limiting, when you go below 3.5V it starts to become pushy. If you have to double your trigger time, it's a clear sign that you need to swap. The problem is that if you insist you will still get vapor. I once ended below 2.7V this way and I was not happy and the cell was becoming hot too: not good!

As a rule of thumb now, when I start a session if the cell is already below 3.6V I swap it. If it's at or slightly above 3.6V I know I will get a pushy session but I do it anyways and it ends around 3.2-3.4V. It's perfectly fine to swap earlier but you need to keep in mind that these cells are rated for a certain number of cycles, and even if you under-use them it still counts as a cycle (well ok it's slightly more complicated than that, you'll get more cycles it's true but there's still a correlation here)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom