Discontinued The RBT Milaana (unregulated single 18650)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hweezi

formally cwheezy
I guess I feel like I gotta lot of room ? It's working 100%

Wasn't sure if you guys could see the wood on the inside of the heater. Is the grey around the screen the mica? Also is the glass basically cut right where the female joint ends?

I dropped it that one time and have been like eyeing the shit out of it ever since. I guess I just need reassurance.

Copacetic

Somewhere North of The Wall
fBLGwML.jpg

Does that look normal ?
Looks different to mine, It's the only one I have so far.
Mine doesn't have that white stuff around the inner bottom edge of the joint.
It also looks like there are gaps between the screen and the joint in some spots?

If it were my Milaana I'd be inclined to get in touch with RBT to find out why it looks like that.

Edit:
This comment ^ is badly worded.
So I should add that I mean it would put your (and mine) mind to rest to get an explanation from RBT.
Rather than I believe something to be definitely wrong, could be fine and I'm misinterpreting the pic'

Last edited:

Dramma Lamma

Looks like a job for!
Wasn't sure if you guys could see the wood on the inside of the heater. Is the grey around the screen the mica? Also is the glass basically cut right where the female joint ends?

No, the glass is not cut right where the joint ends, if your is and you can clearly touch the wood you got a damaged unit.

The construction is as follows:
Glass stem is obtained.
A tiny gap below where the joint frosting ends RBT grinds the glass somehow.
The heater assambly is then press fit into that glass ground section RBT made.
The glass tube encases the whole heater and then goes farther down into the unit.
This leaves a tiny gap between the 2 frosted sections that is smooth glass, which I can understand may look like exposed wood.

Gotta get out the door in a few min for work, but I hope you can see in this pic the same deal you got in your pic. Look at the left and right units and zoom in.

3mDRAv1.jpg

Perhaps I can try and get a better pic at some point this evening if you don't see/trust me.

Get a little metal poker and see if you can feel the "exposed wood" down in your heater if it's as smooth as glass, it is.:tup:

Last edited:

ZC

My guess is your heater screen is pushed down just a hair low. Shouldn't be an issue.

On the Mi I took apart, the upper part of the glass joint is frosted but the lower part of the glass tube isn't, and that's where the screen sits.

Unless your Mi isn't performing properly I don't think there's much to worry about.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Perhaps some of the glass never got completely frosted? It is smooth.

So you can't see the mica sheet on the inside?

Edit: because i don't know what the hell I'm really talking about.

The mica panel just holds the heater up, separating the two halves folded, you cannot see it. That "grey" ring seems normal, can't say I know why exactly it looks like that, but seems fine to me (could just be scratched) :2c:

GTAVaper

Just finished a Google hunt and found these PTFE 19/22 female sleeves and was wondering how they might work as a replacement for glass to make for an indestructible Milaana.

http://www.kemtech-america.com/Product/Product_Info.aspx?ProductID=1426

2PBfVZN.jpg

But I am not sure if there is more glass under the female joint anyways.....and if so then perhaps this could be switched out with SS tubing in stead of glass? Or perhaps this could short out the heater?

Not looking to try to do any surgery.....but just in case my female glass broke I was thinking of the possibility of an indestructible upgrade to this joint connection.

A dark stained Milaana with a white stem would also look killer in such a set up with that kind of contrast.

Last edited:

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Just finished a Google hunt and found these PTFE 19/22 female sleeves and was wondering how they might work as a replacement for glass to make for an indestructible Milaana.

http://www.kemtech-america.com/Product/Product_Info.aspx?ProductID=1426

2PBfVZN.jpg

But I am not sure if there is more glass under the female joint anyways.....and if so then perhaps this could be switched out with SS tubing in stead of glass? Or perhaps this could short out the heater?

Not looking to try to do any surgery.....but just in case my female glass broke I was thinking of the possibility of an indestructible upgrade to this joint connection.

A dark stained Milaana with a white stem would also look killer in such a set up with that kind of contrast.

I'd expect just as much uproar over PTFE as we've seen over glue.

You're correct, using stainless steel isn't possible due to the nature of the heater design.

ZC

Yeah replacing the glass requires a completely different heater design. After you've changed everything enough to make it work properly again it wouldn't even be the same vape anymore, imo.

Part of the appeal of the Mi is the safety of the materials used. SS, Mica, and glass are the only things in the vapor path. Teflon might be safe but it's definitely not an improvement in terms of safety when compared to those materials, especially for high-temp concentrate users.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
s this a good gong for the milaana?
That looks like US joints, but you won't know for sure until you get it. Often on Ebay (and elsewhere) people use other people images. I have 2 that look like that and are US jointed (from DHGate purchases), and one that is ISO.

You could ask the seller to measure it. US is 22mm and ISO is 26mm.

Here is one of my US M2Ms. Sorry, it needs a bath...
3GfkyyF.jpg

Last edited:

RastaBuddhaTao

Manufacturer
I'd love to get data on newer unit's screen depth! Or if @RastaBuddhaTao could chime in with current specification of screen depth, that would be even better!
I am headed up to the factory early next week and will measure a random sampling of units. The initial units were targeted at 23 mm to allow 1 mm clearance for the standard 19/22 joint. Notice in the attached ASTM standard there are no tolerances and it uses the word "approximate". If C is large and A is small then the male will drop past the frosted tapered section of the female. In order to ensure our mouthpieces don't hit the heater screen we did a statistical study of our glass to find the worst case condition and then set the screen depth 1/2 mm past that. This dimension is verified with a gauge on every unit. This ensures that within the tolerances of our glass our mouthpieces will always fit. Again, just the depth is only part of the math, you also need the OD's of the tapered sections to calculate grind angle. The easy thing to do is to run it at 20 mm and then there shouldn't be any interference but let me get you some numbers. Once our current inventory clears out units will accept after market 19/22 mm glass 98+% of the time. Sorry if this created a headache for you as we are still in the mode of finding and rapidly fixing issues exposed my our initial units.

http://www.hsmartin.com/pdf/ground-joints-bottom-half-pg-5.pdf

...and how do I order one of these Awesome kits?
fBLGwML.jpg

Does that look normal ?

I believe this is the clear area between the frosted taper on the female and the grind that is put into the clear, constant diameter portion of the joint that secures the press-fit screen in. But it is deceiving in the picture. If the clear area between the frosted and grind areas was actually a separation of the glass you would bypass the heater and have limited vapor production. Since this is a solid piece of glass if it broke or split in this area it should be easy to detect the split / broken glass. I do believe it to be the result of pushing the heater screen in deeper to clear our 19/22 mouthpieces which exposes the clear area between the frost and the grind.

A reminder to all that any warranty concern or accessory manufacturing questions should be put through the official channels of communication on rastabuddhatao.com - Phone, email or form. this ensures that it gets the proper attention and that the design, process, and or documentation is improved for all RBT customers.

Now for the reason I stopped by...

The Month of August is "Be Colorful" month in Honor of @VegNVape. If there is anyone who spirit reminds me of a Rainbow it's VnV's. I only hope to capture it in the RBT brand. Thanks for all you do! So, to help spur on some grass roots sales we are offering another perk. Any retail Milaana purchased will receive 3 free color stems (see rastabuddhatao.com web store)

Thanks to everyone for the reviews and feedback! Loving all the pics and mods. The Milaana seems to be the best kept secret so tell someone to Vape Different and Be Colorful with RBT and buy a Milaana this month.

Lastly a reminder to all Mi lovers to let shops you like in your area know that we are fully stocked and ready to supply wholesale units. We want this to grow grass roots and that requires word of mouth so help us tell the story and build the brand.

Peace,
RBT

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
I am headed up to the factory early next week and will measure a random sampling of units. The initial units were targeted at 23 mm to allow 1 mm clearance for the standard 19/22 joint. Notice in the attached ASTM standard there are no tolerances and it uses the word "approximate". If C is large and A is small then the male will drop past the frosted tapered section of the female. In order to ensure our mouthpieces don't hit the heater screen we did a statistical study of our glass to find the worst case condition and then set the screen depth 1/2 mm past that. This dimension is verified with a gauge on every unit. This ensures that within the tolerances of our glass our mouthpieces will always fit. Again, just the depth is only part of the math, you also need the OD's of the tapered sections to calculate grind angle. The easy thing to do is to run it at 20 mm and then there shouldn't be any interference but let me get you some numbers. Once our current inventory clears out units will accept after market 19/22 mm glass 98+% of the time. Sorry if this created a headache for you as we are still in the mode of finding and rapidly fixing issues exposed my our initial units.

@RastaBuddhaTao Thanks for the response and no apologies necessary. Absolutely understand the trials and tribulations of putting out a new product.

23mm spec (15/16" approx) would explain the issues with an aftermarket 18mm male piece. My unit measures 28.5mm from rim of glass to internal screen and also why my unit accepts any 18mm piece I've tried.

Regarding a Kit, I am in process of having a M2M (metered flow, of course, with a handle) created so all units could be accommodated. Should have beta pieces in a week or two. If they test successfully, then will order a batch and relist the kit for the Milaana to include them.

Stay tuned and keep up the good work!
:rockon:

Copacetic

Somewhere North of The Wall
............I believe this is the clear area between the frosted taper on the female and the grind that is put into the clear, constant diameter portion of the joint that secures the press-fit screen in. But it is deceiving in the picture. If the clear area between the frosted and grind areas was actually a separation of the glass you would bypass the heater and have limited vapor production. Since this is a solid piece of glass if it broke or split in this area it should be easy to detect the split / broken glass. I do believe it to be the result of pushing the heater screen in deeper to clear our 19/22 mouthpieces which exposes the clear area between the frost and the grind.
RBT

That is visually deceptive RBT, so thanks for clearing that up, I get it now.
:tup::science:

My F joint is 24mm from screen to the lip of the joint.
I think the 'approximate' nature of the joint manufacture is what's caused my stems to not fit.
My short stem fitted perfectly, but neither of the long stems (despite having exactly the same length of ground glass portion) would seal, so I'm concluding that the longer stems have been ground very slightly slimmer, and therefore drop a mm or so too low.
It's definitely only a tiny amount too low, as wrapping the glued edge from a Rizla or two around my remaining stem joint has solved the issue, and has been providing a surprisingly solid seal.

(BTW, having tried both the long and short stems for the Mi now, I believe the medium is likely to be the one I eventually settle on for most strains)

I do look forward to the shorter jointed stems you're sending me though.

My unit is a fairly early one, with non-recessed glass, and there's no ground glass showing above the heater screen, all of which probably indicates that my screen is placed slightly higher than later units.

Despite this issue I remain confident in my Milaana as it performs brilliantly.
I received another long awaited vape yesterday (11 month wait!), and despite it being an excellent piece of engineering, very early comparisons put the Milaana in a comfortable lead over it in all categories except stealth.
More testing required before my final verdict though.

Keep up the good work RBT, you guys deserve to sell a shitload of these, so I hope that's happening.

:love:Milaana:love:

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer

I believe this is the clear area between the frosted taper on the female and the grind that is put into the clear, constant diameter portion of the joint that secures the press-fit screen in. But it is deceiving in the picture. If the clear area between the frosted and grind areas was actually a separation of the glass you would bypass the heater and have limited vapor production. Since this is a solid piece of glass if it broke or split in this area it should be easy to detect the split / broken glass. I do believe it to be the result of pushing the heater screen in deeper to clear our 19/22 mouthpieces which exposes the clear area between the frost and the grind.

A reminder to all that any warranty concern or accessory manufacturing questions should be put through the official channels of communication on rastabuddhatao.com - Phone, email or form. this ensures that it gets the proper attention and that the design, process, and or documentation is improved for all RBT customers.

Now for the reason I stopped by...

The Month of August is "Be Colorful" month in Honor of @VegNVape. If there is anyone who spirit reminds me of a Rainbow it's VnV's. I only hope to capture it in the RBT brand. Thanks for all you do! So, to help spur on some grass roots sales we are offering another perk. Any retail Milaana purchased will receive 3 free color stems (see rastabuddhatao.com web store)

Thanks to everyone for the reviews and feedback! Loving all the pics and mods. The Milaana seems to be the best kept secret so tell someone to Vape Different and Be Colorful with RBT and buy a Milaana this month.

Lastly a reminder to all Mi lovers to let shops you like in your area know that we are fully stocked and ready to supply wholesale units. We want this to grow grass roots and that requires word of mouth so help us tell the story and build the brand.

Peace,
RBT

I work in NYC and live on LI, lots of shops. Iz there a best way to contact you? I am thinking of going around and building a rapport with the hipsters working at at these shops, and introducing them to Milaana.

Mi 2 came back from shops working perfectly. Thanks RBT!
The distance from tip to screen seems a hair less, making some of my stems not fully seat. This issue is already resolving itself, (because with a little use the screen is seating more deeply, by a hair, but enough to get that tight taper seal.*)

EDIT *
I Measured distance to screen on repaired Mi, it's actually about a half a mm deeper, so much for above theory.

Bummed, RBT included a free green stem, and I dropped it on my granite countertop... Saved the screen. Not so bad as I'm into all long stems anyway, all shorteez collecting dust.

Ch8zJ5W.jpg
:bang:

Can I grind this bad boy down and make it a hot, but stealth stubby?

Last edited:

RastaBuddhaTao

Manufacturer
Hey guys...

RBT has asked me to start selling Milaana's !

This is a big milestone for RBT. It exemplifies the spirit of the grass roots movement that is forming. Sticks was the first person outside of the RBT crew to try the technology. As part of the original hand-picked FC Alpha team he was instrumental in optimizing vapor quality and improving materials of construction. Sticks personally spent hours on Skype with me pouring over the detail of the available vaporizer technology and explaining the industry. His intimate knowledge of the RBT heater tech makes him the invaluable to both RBT and our customers so... What are you waiting for? Take the opportunity to personally work with a legend in the industry.

nickzzzx

Hey guys, got a PM about my Milaana hydrotube setup, just thought I'd give an update about it.

"Also if you do get a hydrotube, make sure to never hold the tube, only hold the milanna when using or moving it. I stupidly made the mistake of setting the milaana down on a wood side table by holding the hydrotube. I didn't realize it till I came back hours later to find that I broke off the showerhead inside the tube where the 14m joint is. Because of this, the milanna got a little wet and the glue separated the bottom cap to display the backside innards. It still works fine after drying, but I will have to sand and reglue the bottom cap. I might take this opportunity to make a custom bottom cap base out of curly maple, possible with a slightly flared shape to keep it stable while sitting upright."

Just a kind public warning to those hydrotube users out there! I don't know how much more durable the different brands are, but I wouldn't want to fine out. It's better to just practice safe glass handling procedures all the time to prevent accidents!

DieHard

Accessory supplier
Accessory Maker
My Milaana has been on extended loan to a friend. His previous vape was a Solo and he liked it until he ran out of glass stems. (And I ran out of spares to give him). Then back to combustion. He really loves the Milaana! I am having a hard time getting it back!:goon: I know where he lives.:cool: He is totally sold! @RastaBuddhaTao you converted another 2 'busters!

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep

WOW, @RastaBuddhaTao!

I was initially speechless, but as many of my Z-team brethren know all too well - I am not one to keep my feelings trapped inside for very long . . . . :)

So, I must say that I am both honoured & overwhelmed by your kind words and such a thoughtful gesture. It genuinely warms my soul. Thank you RBT.

So, what more can I say? Well, I naturally echo RBT's sentiments, and I call on the awesome people of FC - and encourage you all (if you are willing & able), to help (IMhumbleO) one of the most innovative vaporizer manufacturer's in the world today, to spread Mi word and bring colour and good-good vibes, visually formed from glass & maple, to the inhabitants of our beautiful planet.

Yes! August is the month to be seen, with 3 free glass stems, in amber, blue & green :D

So get involved, & take advantage of this fantastic offer - to splash Milaana with some colour!

But as always, Bob puts it perfectly . . . .
Ahhhhh, absolute magic :bowdown:

Sending wishes of PeaceLoveÑPositivity2all.
:peace:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom