Discontinued The RBT Milaana (unregulated single 18650)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are right, shame on me from not learning from the first such event. 2 rings of the bell has done it now...

Along the same lines I will give my motherly advice after noting @Zangano Cruel s setup above. (Love the chicken) It is not a good idea to put 45° stress on a glass joint. It's only just under 6oz so it's probably fine but it is definitely stress on the glass. It can take as much weight as you are likely to want from directly above, but 45° not so much...

A lot less risk than Zion however, due to the lower weight.

Mother mode off
So I grabbed one of those m2m adapters you posted a while back from eBay, and it looks like OGB is the way to go. This piece is only off by a few mm, but won't make a proper seal because of it.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
So I grabbed one of those m2m adapters you posted a while back from eBay, and it looks like OGB is the way to go. This piece is only off by a few mm, but won't make a proper seal because of it.
Shit. Sorry dude, it looked OK to me. It may not have been the one pictured either. Many vendors won't know the difference, but it may be worth asking before ordering.

With OGB you will be sure, but it will cost a little more...

Shit Snacks

Shit. Sorry dude, it looked OK to me. It may not have been the one pictured either. Many vendors won't know the difference, but it may be worth asking before ordering.

Do you know if he has stock again?...

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: fluffhead
Ah I forgot about that! The metal conducted too much heat and got hot to hold though... Maybe something else can be made later on, that was a cool idea. There are a variety of mini bubbler options, I think there is a thread about them.

Can't defend it, but I can tell you he is planning to send an update sometime this weekend, catch up on correspondence, and I believe going forward he will start emailing beforehand (that last one I'm guessing though). Technically he was only saying email before shipment for Zion originally. But yeah you're right he should've done better, but he didn't, and its not the first time, at least he got the damn things made finally and rolling out at a steady rate many at a time. We know he was never good at communication but at least now he's doing a good job at the actual production. The rest will get there, more patience's required clearly, but let's try to see the positives? I knows its not easy though, hang in there man, we are here for you as a support system... You got in at a great price, and will still have one of the first models made, to refund now would be silly imo, unless the early new user reports were so dreadful?

yeah man, when I saw it, i was thinking thats the side the button should be on anyways! I wanna see some of Ed's tnt shorty stems as well... or some dark blue glass... something that aint going to look so dirty... just got my E-mail from rbt and its asking of I wanna add stems, and I do... but i need something for doing the dirty dirty in public, its like the main demand for on demand... also a screen puncher, fnck 1 dolla screens... anyways cant wait to try it. Those Milana 10 packs would be much more temting with a button lock, and a couple easy clean stealthy stems.

Once again really wanna see some more of Ed's short stem I saw on here a while back, I want pic from couple more angles if ya know what I mean ;)

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Do you know if he has stock again?...
I asked him about that about a week after you told me you had a problem and he said he was only out for a short time. He knows he is being recommended in here so I'm sure he has upped his stock. I haven't ordered anything from him since I got that long mouthpiece for my UFO.

I'll check just to be sure...

Shit Snacks

yeah man, when I saw it, i was thinking thats the side the button should be on anyways! I wanna see some of Ed's tnt shorty stems as well... or some dark blue glass... something that aint going to look so dirty... just got my E-mail from rbt and its asking of I wanna add stems, and I do... but i need something for doing the dirty dirty in public, its like the main demand for on demand... also a screen puncher, fnck 1 dolla screens... anyways cant wait to try it. Those Milana 10 packs would be much more temting with a button lock, and a couple easy clean stealthy stems.

Once again really wanna see some more of Ed's short stem I saw on here a while back, I want pic from couple more angles if ya know what I mean ;)

lol I'll see what I can do, I honestly don't really use it after first getting it testing, it was kinda finicky not a great fit/deal, just a prototype I know Ed can do better and maybe the hardwoods don't seal as well in the glass joint like the softer maple Zion prototype does (that one has its own issues though). I think he's been too swamped lately to do customs but I'm sure he'll get back to it, he even has one he's been using himself that is supposed to be identical glass size with a 14mm taper that sounded to be the best option, but haven't heard much about it since (@Philreal187 what's your kingswood stem and its ID like?)

I think we'll see a lot more stem and accessory options if more people buy em, once they're at PlanetVape mid May I bet those guys can come up with some nifty glass ideas... Black glass shorty with a cooling whathaveyou anyone?!

Vape Dr.

Hello all!
Still loving my milaana! :rockon:
My new daily driver! The closest thing to a portable Log vape I've tried. I cannot freakin wait for my Zion!

I had a thought.:sherlock:

I am curious as to why RBT did not just use ISO glass for the heater so all ISO and USA glass would work with each.:hmm:

Perhaps this is something to think of for future models of the Zion and Milaanas. :shrug:

Z-Team? your thoughts? perhaps run it by Ryan and see what he thinks?

BATTERIES!!!

Also as for batteries I have tested SONY VTC-5, Samsung 25R, LG HE2, and LG HE4 batteries.
Comparatively speaking they all act about the same, although depending on your source some are 30 amp drain and some are 35 amp drain.
I get 4-6 big chambers per battery. No battery overly out shined another IMO

That being said, I believe the LG HE4 battery that RBT recommends to be the best battery for the unit. They did their homework. The HE4 seemed to work the same the whole way through the battery life where as the HE2 felt like they dropped off a bit after a few heatings of the chamber. The 25Rs were the closest to the HE4s in similarity IMHPO.

All batteries lost juice at around 3.6 volts.

The great thing is I found the LG HE4s to be the least expensive as well the least copied.
I hope this is OK to post this.

If your a baller on a budget there is an ebay seller named genuinecells who I got a 5 pack of LG HE4 batteries and 2 battery cases for $26 shipped and they are 100% legit, not generic.

Here is a link.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/121911259544?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Any new Milaanas find their way home!
Keep the good vibes spreading!

@nondarb so sorry to hear of you issue. It's like giving a kid candy and taking it back! I think you'll appreciate it even more my friend!:tup:

:peace:

NP. It does totally look right to the naked eye. So close...
I only ordered it because planet vape was out; should have remembered there was another option :doh:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I am curious as to why RBT did not just use ISO glass for the heater so all ISO and USA glass would work with each.:hmm:

Here is a guess I made 200 or so posts upthread... ;)
The decision to use the US joint on the stems was made before I came on, but I WILL say that an ISO joint would have less surface area facing the heater and the bowl would be a little narrower and longer. Those would all be features that diminish output, stir-ability, etc. These were also the reason that 18mm glass was used rather than 14mm glass, which was also tested.
I'm not certain these are the reasons for the US joint, but they make perfect sense to me.

NP. It does totally look right to the naked eye. So close...
I only ordered it because planet vape was out; should have remembered there was another option :doh:

Which one did you order? The one with the little handle REALLY looks like its US.

@little maggie If you are looking to save money the one just above with the handle looks like a good one (if it isn't what rangorak ordered). But if a few dollars more doesn't matter I would get it from @Oregonglassblower

Be sure to tell him its for Milaana

Nevermind just above, its all the way back on page 75... http://ebay.to/1pDg3V3

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Here is a guess I made 200 or so posts upthread... ;)

Which one did you order? The one with the little handle REALLY looks like its US.

@little maggie If you are looking to save money the one just above with the handle looks like a good one (if it isn't what rangorak ordered). But if a few dollars more doesn't matter I would get it from @Oregonglassblower

Be sure to tell him its for Milaana

Nevermind just above, its all the way back on page 75... http://ebay.to/1pDg3V3

Oh yeah wider ID to keep the wider open airflow, ofcourse a perfect explanation. Maybe eventually there will be a way to choose? I mean if he can make any money... BTW if anyone has a good local headshop, you can try to convince them to order some wholesale Milaana for you and your neighbors...

fluffhead

Recovering Idealist
I don't think I've seen the LG HG2 battery discussed (or maybe I just got confused in the letter and number soup that is the world of 18650s). Is this one appropriate for the Milaana?
http://acevaper.ca/product/lg-hg2-18650-3000mah-battery-toronto-canada/

Also, a reminder for those that don't know, @PlanetVape has adapters that are US joints. Its convenient that they will be selling the Milaana. Probably something @PlanetVape and RBT should advertise on PV, that their adapters work with the Milaana, but not all adapters will.

The m2m I picked up was indeed the one that looks US, with a little handle. It's very close, but no cigar.
I don't think I've seen the LG HG2 battery discussed (or maybe I just got confused in the letter and number soup that is the world of 18650s). Is this one appropriate for the Milaana?

Also, a reminder for those that don't know, @PlanetVape has adapters that are US joints. Its convenient that they will be selling the Milaana. Probably something @PlanetVape and RBT should advertise on PV, that their adapters work with the Milaana, but not all adapters will.
Their processing for non-Canadian orders is hosed right now :(

Zangano Cruel

IG zan.cru (code) zancru (5% NV checkout discount)
Buenas tardes FC:
I had a long break from work, rainy Friday mid afternoon in the Portland/Vancouver area. Drove to a isolated nearby park. Parked listening Beck's "Sleeping bag" , bag of rosin flat buds, grinder, and Milanesa with the long stem, full yellow battery, carefully made a good connection in the positive of the battery and the vibe too... I can't believe Milanesa is puffing those clouds. Very nice and tasty. Many have compared the taste with log vapes, totally agree. Remembers me my Nano, but easier at the moment.
Because of the hardness of the rosin buds, heating and clouds take me like 7-8ish seconds...
I slowly draw from start, when I see a wisp of vapor coming through the stem, I pre-exhale and crank my draw while seeing a steady stream of vapor that at 15 seconds of inhaling, I start feeling a strong buzz and a warmth on the back of my throat, in my opinion, clear signs of lots of convection. Very happy with Milanesa. Done to chill before coming back to work. It took me 3 minutes to be in the moon. Plenty of time to keep chillaxing to come back in 30 minutes to earn some $$ for more green.
@Stu you need to get your dirty paws on one of these babies, or come and visit... Don't bring rosin flat buds, got plenty, and yes, my ex let me kept the chicken ;) jajajajaja

LM4W346.jpg

Stay vaped my friends...
Congrats @RastaBuddhaTao for your creation. My respects :leaf::science:

The m2m I picked up was indeed the one that looks US, with a little handle. It's very close, but no cigar.

I bought the one with blue dots from the same vendor and it fit (but I can't attest to them all fitting!), but the screen situation is a real bitch. In between the joints is wider than the taper as opposed to the consistent ID of the rbt stems. I'll probably just use a snippet of silicone on the short stem rather than have to deal with this each cleaning!

I want to see some milkshots!

Last edited:

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
I cannot freakin wait for my Zion!

You will be delighted my dear! The regulation makes it even simpler to use as it removes the battery voltage parameter from the equation. On top of that you can adjust the power so you can really find your sweet spot and it's easier for temp-stepping.

Everytime I read a new review in this thread, it makes me smile. It's exactly like what we anticipated. New users are all satisfyed, the good vibe is back, and those who called us biased cheerleaders can now swallow their tongue! :D

GTAVaper

The LG HG2's are great batteries for regulated mods in the e-cig world as well as a regulated vape such as the Apollo or Zion. They may even work respectably in the Milaana ......but are unlikely to work as well for the Milaana as the LG HE4's. With the resistance that people were measuring I believe that the Milaana heater runs anywhere from 45W to 60W which means that you need a battery capable of running at over 20A constant drain.

People are reporting that after the LG HE4's & Samsung 25R's are reaching 3.2v that is pretty well it for operating a Milaana. Along with that constant drain of 20 or more amps there also has to be some voltage sag occurring during operation....which is normal since otherwise 3.2v at 20A would give you 64W - which should result in an operational heater. So the voltage sag under pulsed loading must be taking the voltage to a point where the heater can't be brought up to an effective temperature.

However, I do have brand new HG2's and will be testing them when my Milaana arrives.

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
We need a steady source. can't quite tell from the photos, but maybe @pakalolo can verify as he has used them in Zion, if these FlashVape GonGs have a proper US 18mm end?
http://store.flashvape.com/fv-acces...adapter-set-for-gong-standard-18mm-3-options/

Sadly they are ISO and don't fit.

It's worth going around to your local shops and looking at what they have. The one near me has an extensive selection of glass and accessories, but when I brought up the subject of ISO joints vs US joints I got blank stares. I asked them to show me their short 18mm male/males, and when I poked around in them I found a US joint. They're easy to sort out because the difference is obvious when they are side by side. The guys there said I was the first one to ever point out that there were two sizes.

fluffhead

Recovering Idealist
That's unfortunate. Hopefully they get it back up and running soon. I imagine that would be important for Milaana sales once they get them in.

The LG HG2's are great batteries for regulated mods in the e-cig world as well as a regulated vape such as the Apollo or Zion. They may even work respectably in the Milaana ......but are unlikely to work as well for the Milaana as the LG HE4's. With the resistance that people were measuring I believe that the Milaana heater runs anywhere from 45W to 60W which means that you need a battery capable of running at over 20A constant drain.

People are reporting that after the LG HE4's & Samsung 25R's are reaching 3.2v that is pretty well it for operating a Milaana. Along with that constant drain of 20 or more amps there also has to be some voltage sag occurring during operation....which is normal since otherwise 3.2v at 20A would give you 64W - which should result in an operational heater. So the voltage sag under pulsed loading must be taking the voltage to a point where the heater can't be brought up to an effective temperature.

However, I do have brand new HG2's and will be testing them when my Milaana arrives.
From one GTA vaper to another, thank you for the reply. I might save getting a pair until the Zion ships. Do you know of a good shop in the GTA to get LG HE4s?

fluffhead,
Reactions: GTAVaper

GTAVaper

That's unfortunate. Hopefully they get it back up and running soon. I imagine that would be important for Milaana sales once they get them in.

From one GTA vaper to another, thank you for the reply. I might save getting a pair until the Zion ships. Do you know of a good shop in the GTA to get LG HE4s?

I live near midtown Y&E area and there is an ecig store up there just north of Eglinton that sells the Samsung 25R's .....but I only stopped in there a while back to buy a mod to use with a 510 electric pipe attachment ....a Seego Vhit Reload.

Yocan makes a similar one too.....but that was all before I got into vaping as I hadn't used my Extreme in a few years. Also it does work well as an instant flameless pipe but it is still combustion and had a limited usage lifespan - so now I am left with the 2 Samsung 25R's that are pretty well like new with very limited charges on them......and a mod that I will hold onto until a good concentrate attachment is available. But you can also call the e-cig shops close to you and you will probably be able to find LG HE4's somewhere as they are popular with e-cig people.

Otherwise, IMRBatteries.com has been a great North American supplier who is reliable for the real deal batteries but since they are lithium they will travel by FedEx Ground.....which is still a lot quicker that from Asia and you know that you aren't getting fakes for sure.

The battery that I am most interested in trying is the high current LG HB4's which although they have lower capacity really are amazing from the reviews and specs for pulsed high drain (60A pulses!) in sub-ohm mods and I am really hoping that they will perform well with Milaana.

If you are interested in trying out the Apollo sometime then PM me and perhaps we can arrange a demonstration if you like. Always happy to spread the good news......extremely happy with that vape and I think that Milaana will complement it very well in another niche. Check out my posts in the Apollo thread if you are intrigued......yes, I AM a fanboy of that vape.....as I also hope to be with the Milaana and the Supreme V3 when both of those arrive.

Last edited:

Vapenvy

Indie vaper
I wanna see some of Ed's tnt shorty stems as well... or some dark blue glass... something that aint going to look so dirty... just got my E-mail from rbt and its asking of I wanna add stems, and I do... but i need something for doing the dirty dirty in public,

Agree. I am looking to grab an @Ed's TnT stem when they become available.

I have requested 1 extra shorty stem but look forward to coloured glass options to keep it nicer looking.

Any thoughts on a good material to wrap around the stem? Wrapping something, like contact but safer, around the stem down to where the joint starts should work, and i assume it only gets a little warm their so wouldn't need to be some space age heat safe material (but that't be nice).

Any ideas or photos for us @phattpiggie ?

Last edited:

little maggie

Is Ed making wong's for Milaana? I thought he was totally busy with some of the other projects. I'd love to get one from him. And will a Milaana wong fit a Zion.
Right now I'm using a female to female adapter with the small glass stem and my bubbler. It seems to be working fine.

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Sadly they are ISO and don't fit.

It's worth going around to your local shops and looking at what they have. The one near me has an extensive selection of glass and accessories, but when I brought up the subject of ISO joints vs US joints I got blank stares. I asked them to show me their short 18mm male/males, and when I poked around in them I found a US joint. They're easy to sort out because the difference is obvious when they are side by side. The guys there said I was the first one to ever point out that there were two sizes.

Sadly i wasn't as lucky as my local headshop. Minimal for M2M 18mm

IAmKrazy2,
Reactions: SteamfunQ
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom