Discontinued The RBT Milaana (unregulated single 18650)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mulehead

Picked up a pair of the Samsung 25r at my shitty local vape shop today.
Vape Dr. and I must live in the same town!:lol:
Anyway, thought I'd try em out and compare em to the LG HE4.
First impressions are decent enough, couldn't tell much difference.
The LGs may give a better first hit, but only slightly better.
Still getting 4 bowls before they are around 3.6ish, similar to the LGs.

I'm also going to give em a go in Zion. I'm betting I won't notice a difference because of the regulation?

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Picked up a pair of the Samsung 25r at my shitty local vape shop today.
Vape Dr. and I must live in the same town!:lol:

I'm also going to give em a go in Zion. I'm betting I won't notice a difference because of the regulation?

Shouldnt really use em in Zion bc theyre not paired now though ;)

AJS

Calm Consistency
Awesome comparison! Might as well stick to what I got then. Yay.

HD Springer

Once my battery's were at 4.2 they were paired. I never kept them totally paired. I know this is not what Kero likes to hear. They are over a year old some of them and they all have set fully charged for up to 3 mos. with out being touched. Im not trying to suggest anybody follow my lead by any means I'm just saying these battery's for the most part are fairly durable.

Last edited:
Yes yes @nondarb is who I mentioned above, unit running cool, batteries fine, I think RBT said it might be a short caused from vibration during shipping.

He also mentioned the heater itself may of shifted in rough transport, which would make sense. We all know how much difference a few milimeters can make. He should have the unit in hand by this weekend, I'm satisfied its something simple like that due to the way the unit was acting.

Thanks again for your help.. Snagging a few 24 pc retail kits on the cheap, thanks for the heads up @AJS . :dog:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Tragedy is right but I'll survive! I'll get it fixed or replaced and be more careful in the future. Probably a good idea to keep the stem out when not in use.
Well, your experience has changed my behavior. I was leaving Bam Bam on my coffee table with the stem or a M2M loaded. I now take it out when I'm done. Simple enough problem to avoid...

Actually I usually leave the M2M in the glass, so it is really just the stem I need pull when at rest...

Mulehead

Shouldnt really use em in Zion bc theyre not paired now though ;)

Thanks for the reminder!
After using these batteries for a bit, like HD Springer, I find them to be very consistent and easy to maintain.

I'll still keep a close eye on voltage when recharging to make sure they stay close to paired on voltage drop.
If I see an imbalance in voltage I'll use em in Mi.

Plus I figure as inexpensive as these cells are, I'm into doing a little experimenting to help keep useful info flowing in the RBT threads.

Off to post my 25r experience in the Zion thread.

GTAVaper

Thanks for the reminder!
After using these batteries for a bit, like HD Springer, I find them to be very consistent and easy to maintain.

I'll still keep a close eye on voltage when recharging to make sure they stay close to paired on voltage drop.
If I see an imbalance in voltage I'll use em in Mi.

Plus I figure as inexpensive as these cells are, I'm into doing a little experimenting to help keep useful info flowing in the RBT threads.

Off to post my 25r experience in the Zion thread.

Sorry but that observation will not mean very much......my matched sets of batteries will regularly start at slight different voltages and will of course also finish charging at different times. I still believe that they are all healthy and at a corresponding level of capability. When I get my analyzing charger delivered then I will be able to confirm this.

But using a new pair of batteries a few times, each individually in a Milaana won't spoil them for usage as a pair in the Zion - especially if you are rotating them and generally swapping them out at around the same depletion level.

You would have to get an analyzing charger to check the state of your batteries. I believe that the Opus 3100 v2.2 or the 3400 (a re-branded Opus 3100 v2) would work on the budget end of things I believe to provide an internal resistance comparison.

I still haven't received my higher end SkyRC MC3000 from GearBest yet to do any analysis myself (shipping seems to take forever) but the Opus should give you enough of an idea as to the health and state of your batteries.

Last edited:

Krazzykid

Silicone over the shorty stem straight to a female (or wrap the silicone around a male, should work for either).
I just want to point out to anyone reading that this advice only works if your water pipe has an 18mm joint. The stem is way too big for 14mm female, you will need an adapter for that.

If your water pipe is male fitting (direct inject) then you can put silicone around the male end and it should seal just fine.

Krazzykid,

Mulehead

Sorry but that observation will not mean very much....I my matched sets of batteries will regular start at slight different voltages and will of course also finish charging at different times. I still believe that they are all healthy and at a corresponding level of capability. When I get my analyzing charger delivered then I will be able to confirm this.

But using a new pair of batteries a few times, each individually in a Milaana won't spoil them for usage as a pair in the Zion - especially if you are rotating them and generally swapping them out at around the same depletion level.

You would have to get an analyzing charger to check the state of your batteries. I believe that the Opus 3100 v2.2 or the 3400 (a re-branded Opus 3100 v2) would work on the budget end of things I believe to provide an internal resistance comparison.

I still haven't received my higher end SkyRC MC3000 from GearBest yet to do any analysis myself (shipping seems to take forever) but the Opus should give you enough of an idea as to the health and state of your batteries.

So isn't the important part of pairing the batteries that one battery doesn't do more work than the other?
We don't want much of an imbalance in voltage drop between the paired batteries at end of cycle do we?
I know most times I go to charge my batteries they have dropped to the same voltage.
If they differ it's only by .01 volts.
That's what I meant by staying paired by voltage drop. Nothing too techi, as I'm a battery dummy, but wanting to learn.
Hopefully when you get your new gear, you can get a little detailed for us on your experimenting.

TIA

Zangano Cruel

IG zan.cru (code) zancru (5% NV checkout discount)
Hola FC:
Finally Milaana arrived today. And yesterday I ran out of weed. Right now I'm charging the battery. Luckily I have like 8x 18650 ready to go. Milaana arrived with short and long stems, yellow LG battery, one screen in the short stem and two spares in a ziplock bag plus SS mesh. And a white raw cotton bag with a half chopstick(probably for pushing the screen around). I'll prefer a metal stirring stick, but seems economics are tough ;) jajajaja
Very nice looking and I haven't noticed imperfections yet, but I couldn't care less. This is more artisanal and my respects for that. Feels very soft & comfortable in your hand, kind of chubby :)
Unluckily I'm vaping reclaim on the SS mesh, in the angled stem I previously had, from old abandoned stems, Nano & Solos :) , and from dabbing tools and reclaiming everywhere :) jajajaja. But you know what, taste is pretty good on Mila.
I even found a ziplock with leftovers rosin buds, like an oz I ran a couple months ago. I have forgotten of that stash. I grinded those flat rock hard buds, and surprise, Mila took care of them with no hesitation, good flavor.
I even milked my huge volume Blaze Tire Perc without combusting. It's all about the button my friends. And a fresh battery indeed, as many have told. With that rosin buds, I push and I push and I can't combust. Probably because of the rosin process, it's weird to explain. Looks like hashish kind of.
I'm still experimenting with leftover reclaims and leftovers rosin buds, till I get my hands on some green and oil again, or if some kind FCer from the Portland, OR & Vancouver, WA area,
wants to try both the RBT Milaana, plus Vapexhale EVO, paired with a Mobius Clear Matrix,
kindly invite me to his/her place and I'll blow your mind, PM if interested, no kidding.
Stay vaped my friends, more to come. I need to get the green and amber and post some video.
9wgb1iD.jpg

Last edited:

AJS

Calm Consistency
I just want to point out to anyone reading that this advice only works if your water pipe has an 18mm joint. The stem is way too big for 14mm female, you will need an adapter for that.

If your water pipe is male fitting (direct inject) then you can put silicone around the male end and it should seal just fine.
I may have done it before with a 14. Not trying to doubt you, just looking for options :). Depends on the silicone though. Two options. Try to get the silicone into the 14mm, but depending on the sizing it may ripple and cause airflow leaks, so good chance that doesn't work.
Option two is fold the silicone upwards so it's rolled a little, but still hanging off the end of the stem, and pushing this against the edges of the 14 should cause a seal. Obviously it won't be hands free, but if you require water, it's a possible option. All speculation though, as krazzy said it probably won't work. It's worth a try though as all silicone and pieces differ slightly, and I feel like there's always a way if you mess around a bit! Once again krazzy, I hope you don't think I'm trying to argue! I just like figuring weird things out sometimes. I appreciate your correction :)

killick

But I like it!
So I just looked through my email to find out when I ordered Milly, and I can't find it. I can't remember what it was called way back then, or if the order was done through PayPal. Can't seem to find the email thread. Anyways, I've obviously purchased one, judging by the address confirmation... Right? ;)

GTAVaper

So isn't the important part of pairing the batteries that one battery doesn't do more work than the other?
We don't want much of an imbalance in voltage drop between the paired batteries at end of cycle do we?
I know most times I go to charge my batteries they have dropped to the same voltage.
If they differ it's only by .01 volts.
That's what I meant by staying paired by voltage drop. Nothing too techi, as I'm a battery dummy, but wanting to learn.
Hopefully when you get your new gear, you can get a little detailed for us on your experimenting.

TIA

Hello Mulehead,

You are entirely correct in what I am interpreting to understand that we want the batteries to start out at the same voltage......and hopefully end up at a very similar voltage.

But this voltage level can be changed through battery discharge by operating brand new batteries individually. If we start out at the same voltage and one battery has a much higher level of internal resistance (or even worse, is another model of battery entirely) then even though the batteries start out at the same voltage...... this will change fairly quickly when using improperly paired cells as the cells are discharged through usage.

So what I am trying to say is that the state of health of the battery and a similar internal resistance that would result in a similar performance between two different cells - and with continued paired usage should also equate to similar performance degradation with time - is more important than worrying whether individual usage for a limited number of charge cycles will significantly impact the degradation of the performance of those same two batteries while being operated as a paired set.

Sorry if that sounds convoluted.....I have had a recent conversation with my Apollo :D

So, yes it is definitely good practice to operate a set of batteries in pairs but that is so that they experience very similar lives and will remain matched in their performance. But if you run them separately for a few cycles.....and especially if you alternate their usage and switch them out around the same depletion point, I don't believe that this would adversely affect their long term longevity when recombined for use as a pair and used that way going forward.

An analyzing charger that discharges the batteries under the same loading and plots the discharge curve will give you a better idea of how well matched the batteries might be - despite having purchased them at the same time.

P.S. Zangano.......what a beautiful photo - I can hardly wait for mine to get here!

Last edited:

Zangano Cruel

IG zan.cru (code) zancru (5% NV checkout discount)
Hola FC again...
I found another old stash, old shatter and crumble, but probably year old, not good for dabbing but so far so good for vaping :science: :freak:, at the moment let's call it Milanesa, one of my favorite foods...
Here's Milanesa feeding me some old shatter and making me happy :nod:

FVxUH11.jpg

The perspective don't help, Milanesa is angled towards me, this Blaze pipe is big.
Here's part of the family, as a size perspective...

1LjRrh6.jpg

And here's the second pull of the same dab... from the dab I got two lung full clouds, almost milk the can, pretty good considering such and old shatter, flavor was still good... Sorry about the image quality. Probably during the day or with different lights will look better, but not the case...

qR30Zqr.jpg

Stay vaped my friends...:leaf: :evil: :science:

AJS

Calm Consistency
Milaana has me over medicated right now. I was only seeing it one way in my head.:doh:
hahaha, that's funny man! Good response!

But this voltage level can be changed through battery discharge by operating brand new batteries individually. If we start out at the same voltage and one battery has a much higher level of internal resistance (or even worse, is another model of battery entirely) then even though the batteries start out at the same voltage...... this will change fairly quickly when using improperly paired cells as the cells are discharged through usage.

I feel like I see this with my Arizer Air battery. Obviously I know that I don't get as many seshes as a brand new battery, and I know that it'll drain faster than if I purchased a brand new battery, but side by side with a new one, would both read 4.2v. If I used them together, one would drain faster than the other.

Hola FC again...
I found another old stash, old shatter and crumble, but probably year old, not good for dabbing but so far so good for vaping :science: :freak:, at the moment let's call it Milanesa, one of my favorite foods...
Here's Milanesa feeding me some old shatter and making me happy :nod:

FVxUH11.jpg

The perspective don't help, Milanesa is angled towards me, this Blaze pipe is big.
Here's part of the family, as a size perspective...

1LjRrh6.jpg

And here's the second pull of the same dab... from the dab I got two lung full clouds, almost milk the can, pretty good considering such and old shatter, flavor was still good... Sorry about the image quality. Probably during the day or with different lights will look better, but not the case...

qR30Zqr.jpg

Stay vaped my friends...:leaf: :evil: :science:
Awesome pictures, awesome comments. I feel like I was right there with you rummaging through your room and drawers looking for something to vape. Hilarious. Glad you found something, and I hope you get a PM soon about seshing it up with a fellow member!

Oh, and by the way, that chicken is ridiculous :lol:. I can't believe you have a chicken stuffed in your female. I was like...Is that a chicken? Then saw @Stu 's comment and thought...Who could possibly have memories about this chicken other than Zangano? That's too funny. You guys crack me up. :rofl:

I'd probably find it funnier if I had my Milaana though ;) Actually, idk about that, this Vapman kief pan is getting me, as you guys can tell.

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
Well, your experience has changed my behavior. I was leaving Bam Bam on my coffee table with the stem or a M2M loaded. I now take it out when I'm done. Simple enough problem to avoid...

Actually I usually leave the M2M in the glass, so it is really just the stem I need pull when at rest...
Well I'm a little surprised! I thought this one was a well known no-no from early on in the z-team days . . .
However tempted you may be, never leave GonGs connected when they are not in use, in the Milaaana, the Zion, or as good general practice, in anything other than a GonG stand.

If your device or piece of glass gets knocked or falls, there is a chance that the break will be considerably worse if you've got a GonG resting in a joint.

So remember, saftey first! ALWAYS remove GonGs from glass & devices when not in use.

Have fun, but be careful out there.

:peace:

Vapenvy

Indie vaper
Was thinking about going via the refund option since I'm still yet to get a reply, and now I can't find it... But I'm not sure if this would offend his lord ship, and put me at the bottom of the list, or "No More Mi for you!" If RBT forgot my bread, I'd dare not ask!!

Initially I thought you were considering a refund and thought Holy fuck, don't quit now, we are so close. Then i realised you meant to contact them somehow.

I reckon sit tight. You ordered a few weeks after me. I got an email yesterday. You must be close to getting one too.

However, somebody posted that they asked for a refund and then after it was sent/offered, whatever, they didn't accept the refund and decided to stay on board.

So, After completing whatever paperwork was required to authorize the refund, then having the customer change their mind and want to stay in, @RBT was cool with it. That sounds pretty reasonable to me.

That soup nazi persona took a bit of a hit, i reckon. He must be pissed...

Anyway, up to you, but i reckon you will be fine whichever way you jump.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Well I'm a little surprised! I thought this one was a well known no-no from early on in the z-team days . . .
However tempted you may be, never leave GonGs connected when they are not in use, in the Milaaana, the Zion, or as good general practice, in anything other than a GonG stand.
You are right, shame on me from not learning from the first such event. 2 rings of the bell has done it now...

Along the same lines I will give my motherly advice after noting @Zangano Cruel s setup above. (Love the chicken) It is not a good idea to put 45° stress on a glass joint. It's only just under 6oz so it's probably fine but it is definitely stress on the glass. It can take as much weight as you are likely to want from directly above, but 45° not so much...

A lot less risk than Zion however, due to the lower weight.

Mother mode off

HD Springer

Well I might as well chime in. I was the first person that left my beta Zion with the stem in it. Toppled over off the night stand on its top and well we all no the rest of the story. Bad times. For sure.

My real reason I'm chiming in is that it seems as though my short stem has gotten all clogged which was affecting its performance. So I did what a previous beta tester did with the Zion and I pushed the screen out. Then I re inserted the screen at the mouth end and pushed it all the way down the stem collecting a lot of that golden reclaim. I pushed the screen all the way to the end of the stem with the 18mm make end and inserted that in to my mi with a fresh battery. OH MY!!! I recieved about 4-5 huge hits and in turn cleaned my screen good enough to open the air path back up. Now this will not clean it all 100% but it will get it up and running almost back to a totally cleaned screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom