Discontinued The RBT Milaana (unregulated single 18650)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I have some Dave mod pieces that are ISO among others so the m2m is def us..but my question is...are there differences even amongst us joints?? Cuz their are slight one in the ones I have..
Glass made for our industry often isn't made with the precision of the scientific/medical oriented glass the ground glass joints were designed for. I have seen a few that have a little wobble without being a problem. The only concern really is if there is too much length that might cause the screen to be damaged. There ARE 3 sizes of US joints, but I have only seen the middle size which is what RBT uses.
@subway13029 did it retain a smell? i recall that it was combusted with
One of the great things about the RBT stem based vapes is that should combustion occur it would only be at the end of the vapor path and shouldn't soil the device. The heat only meets the load in the stem. It worst, you might want to clean the stem and you are on your way.

Tommy10

Managed to rustle up the contact form in the Zion thread, I really hope I'm not waiting on email confirmation to ship, and I really hope the reports of 10 day waits for replies are part of the past RBT dark days of customer unservice and not the current trend.

HD Springer

So I'm getting a little concerned...I was an August 23rd pre-order and from reading back it seems that some people who placed their orders in September have already recieved units or at least gotten some shipping notifications?

Did I just get lost in the shuffle?

Sorry I didn't mean to post right past your question @virtualpurple. I might be wrong but I think I read somewhere that said all preorders will be filled in the very near future. Like next few weeks. I'm sure if I'm wrong someone will speak up and let us both know.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I saw rbt posting on another thread yesterday i believe so he is still on fc..just hasnt posted in this thread..in case anyone is wondering..but it has a few char marks on the screen when i recieved it but no funny taste or anything..

Yeah seems that was just an isolated case, popped in to update his logo and such, seems like he is not engaging in these threads anymore regardless. Maybe a new manufacturing or CS rep will soon though...

Glad you are enjoying it though subway! I never thought it was a cold unit, so I think you're all good. For stains to the heater screen, you can try a damp iso qtip with Milaana inverted, but I haven't cleaned my beta even though it has some stains from RBT's own concentrate use (my beta was originally his for a few weeks) and it hasn't seemed to affect taste at all really... The occasional loose crumbs annoy me too but they're easy to poke out, I think it's just a crevice where the screens meet the glass bowl, doesn't seem to affect anything but aesthetics really imo

@Stu glad you got to try some RBT tech finally with @Zangano Cruel, I'll get over to you eventually! (with Grasshoppers and Mist along with Zions too)

And yes shallow basket is more for small loads like cybr imo, but it does seem having a gap between the load and the heater doesn't necessarily limit performance, be it basket style or stock dome style, I should get back to experimenting more but I do like the consistency I get since I settled on one style...

And yes @virtualpurple don't worry it was said things went out of order, don't worry you're not alone and should still have one soon, as far as we know no one has gotten lost or anything yet

Vaped with my Lana on the beach today, nice walk, no problem for two people

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
I don't think anyone should be concerned about clogging the screen inside the Milaana (or the Zion). It might happen if you put concentrates directly on the screen, but even then it's not likely unless you do it a lot. Remember that when you use herbs, you are always drawing the load back up into the stem. Surprisingly little falls out, and all you need to do is shake the Milaana out once in a while. I've probably done more stems with Zion and Milaana than anyone aside from @MrPeanut and that is the only cleaning I have ever had to do. This includes a number of combustion events in the Zion—something that cleans up easily and without leaving a bad taste, as @cybrguy accurately described. I've never brought the Milaana to combustion, but I can't imagine why it would be any different.

Zangano Cruel

IG zan.cru (code) zancru (5% NV checkout discount)
Buenas tardes FC:
@Maitri you should check this thread, keep you posted about PNW Vaporists Club...

Good afternoon FC, after getting this :cheers: and seeing @Stu and @Buildozer enjoy/get drunk in my face yesterday night, while I was vaping rosin buds and leftover ziplocks :goon: , they have fresh buds and fine concentrates IN MY FACE FOR LIKE 4 HOURS I BELIEVE while I was drinking water jajjajajaja
tXPoL86.jpg

I love beer culture, IPA, stouts bla bla bla, but cold cheap beer in hot days is priceless :rockon:

Ok. I'm a little bit stoned and buzzed, placement of basket style IMO is crucial, in my situation, no fresh buds yet, half charged batt works perfect. My only way to check batt charge it's by my mod :(

hTPLAaf.jpg

No way combusting. Now it's all about drawing. I actually keep the button pressed all the time. I just adjust draw with a depleted batt. I'm probably killing my batts, I couldn't care less. I need to buy a smart charger, I have a dual simple/cheapo charger that sucks. Just red/green light.
BWwBtbk.jpg

For lurkers or members that are on the edge, make a commitment thread and buy the bulk package for the discount, don't lose this vape, IMO :rockon:, I'm sure it can be upgraded and probably many more are copying this tech or going the 510 way too, big times high times for us :nod: :tup: :leaf:

Listening to Fever by Elvis Presley, for my Milanesa :tup:

Some little things to take in the upgrade, I noticed the punch contact on the battery needs to be like 2 or 3 mm closer to the screw/nut. Some areas can be trimmed too, the flat part where the trigger sits, I mean make the whole unit even smaller. The button/trigger probably can be moved too, and if you manage to put the Zion tech, in the Milaana, I'm sure you can, do it fast because someone is thinking the same right now, I believe this tech @RastaBuddhaTao you hit the top of it... now you need to keep that brain to improve your creations. I believe you can do it and I really like your vape. Congrats again. I'm going for another stem...
Stay vaped my friends...

Last edited:

AJS

Calm Consistency
I'm sitting here trying to figure out what I want for my birthday this Tuesday, and the only thing that comes to mind is my Milaana shipping confirmation. If it happens, I'd be ecstatic. If not, I won't be in the least bit disappointed.

The Milaana came faster than I imagined, my patience is infinite at this point, and my Vapman is keeping me incredibly satisfied. I'm fine waiting two more weeks until I get my unit. I'm just so happy that I get to watch videos and hear reviews that confirmed the initial beta testers reactions and reassured my hopes. I never doubted, not for a minute, and I'm glad I didn't. Would have been wasted energy. Everything is coming together, as it should, and this whole ordeal will be in the past. Remember how those other vape companies started out and all those issues? Neither do I. Remember how good some of those products are now? Damn right I do.

ChippyMalone

Be here now.
Accessory Maker
Well, I'll pipe up here tonight from the Zion/Mi beta team and share tonight's adventures in vaping with my beta Mi running a sandwich of Bubble hash sandwiched between two layers of organic cotton.

I'm a big fan of traditional hashes, and have been very happy with how well this little device can heat up and deliver a nice cloud on the first hit with hash. I generally vape this sort of hash with a desktop log vaporizer set a couple notches hotter than for flowers.

I have not attempted to attach it to a water tool yet, but did swap out the mouthpiece for an extra long beta Zion mouthpiece that came with my #6 Zion beta unit. I can definitely say that compared to my particular beta unit (which runs a bit colder than some of them), the little Mi is my preferred device.

So here's how I've been loading this hash sandwich. Once the initial thick clouds wane, I stir the whole thing vigorously to work the melted hash into the cotton fibers. The next several hits are incredibly strong, and I am happy that I have a longer stem to handle the heat. This little device begs for a water tool...... I'll have to get that working next. . . .

Vi2Ctfq.jpg

virtualpurple

Sorry I didn't mean to post right past your question @virtualpurple. I might be wrong but I think I read somewhere that said all preorders will be filled in the very near future. Like next few weeks. I'm sure if I'm wrong someone will speak up and let us both know.

No worries brother, I am still jazzed to see the happy feedback rolling in and I wouldn't want to mood of any page of the thread dictated by something so minor as my place in line getting mixed up. Truthfully the only reason I'm a little disappointed is because I may be flying to visit my girlfriend on the 5th and would have loved to be able to surprise her with milaana and leave it there for her if she took a liking to it. At this point it seems unlikely that I will see anything before then.

However, with as much grayness that had been looming over the RBT threads I'm really happy to see so many people enjoying their units.

So please, keep your posts rolling in my friend, they're always a pleasure to read!

Copacetic

Somewhere North of The Wall
So that m2m I ordered is the correct taper length -- the tip is just beveled, so the male ends continue a mm or 2 beyond the stupid taper. Who knew you could buy the right taper and still have the wrong fit?

Balls, is that the short e-Bay one with the handle?
I just ordered that one :doh:

Damn, should have stuck with OGB.
I passed on OGB's one due to very high shipping to the UK.

I should've done it though, It's gonna be a pain to get the eBay one cut down :bang:
That'll teach me........
.........waitaminute, didn't I say that sometime before?

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Truthfully the only reason I'm a little disappointed is because I may be flying to visit my girlfriend on the 5th and would have loved to be able to surprise her with milaana and leave it there for her if she took a liking to it.
So actually, you win by having it arrive a little later. Your GIRL may not think so, but... ;)

Naaa, just kidding. I remember when I thought more of my girl's well being than my own. But I was cured... ;)

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
I remember when I thought more of my girl's well being than my own. But I was cured... ;)
You must be married too!

So my wifey doesn't partake, however when she sees me keeping up with the kids and not letting vape time get in the way I am sure she will welcome my new favorite girl to the family! I am often tied to the garage due to the robust look of my favorite butane vapes which was fine in the winter but the kiddos want to play outside everyday now. The Milaana should help me be more mobile! And she will be here tomorrow!

No email confirmation, however I have had contact with RBT since and verified my address did not change so I hope I am just an exception and everyone else will get theirs. I just randomly recieved a shipping notification with tracking this morning!

I will check if I can see any other shipments going out later today.

Edit: on my phone now but I checked and 6 more shipping labels have been created and shipped out. One of those is mine. One each went to VT, WA, CO, AK and TX.

Last edited:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
You must be married too!

No, single. ;)

To avoid a double post: So, I finally combusted in Bam Bam last night, but she isn't to blame. I was too high (well, not too, but you know) and I forgot that I had just replaced the battery so I was thinking the end of the charge. Oops...

Fortunately it was into water so I saw it before too much got to me and I didn't cough. But I DID jump up and blow it into my bathroom fan. Damn if vaping hasn't turned me against the smell of combusted cannabis...

Last edited:

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
I can see again! Your fortune lies within. I believe pre-orders will be caught up on this week, however if they don't then we will be very close my friends! There are currently 31 trackings that I can see. One delivered to VT today. One is mine and will deliver tomorrow. If you already have told me your city/state, I will reach out to you and let you know if your on the current shipping list.

OyVape

Yay, mine is shipping today! No tracking number yet, though. Just ordered two LG HE4 batteries, free 2-battery case and a silicone battery sleeve from illumn.com--$15 shipped! Much better price than RBT's $24 for 2 of the same batteries. Also got a LUCV4 charger from lightningvapes.com.

Can't wait! My ESV is down for the count till Joe gets back from Europe. I know this ain't the same, but I do miss me some convection without the cord!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom