Discontinued The RBT Milaana (unregulated single 18650)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has nothing to do with WHO is posting the stuff I'm seeing.

My eyes see the same regardless of who posted it. And so far my eyes have not seen a video or picture showing the Milaana white walling a piece anywhere close to what I have seen from a Daisy . In comparison all the videos so far have shown very whispy vapor. Seems very very weak compared to my Grasshopper even.
I'd love to help, but I don't have the right adapters to use it with water :shrug:

I've never used another vape like the Daisy, and I've also only seen a daisy milk a bong once. Mine never sees water tool use, because it does not hook up easy peasy.

Now, when it comes to customer service, hopper labs has been equally as good at avoiding answering my questions as RBT...

Can't wait to try the GH, milaana and Zion head to head, but I'll only be able to compare the two RBT products for the time being.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Has nothing to do with WHO is posting the stuff I'm seeing.

My eyes see the same regardless of who posted it. And so far my eyes have not seen a video or picture showing the Milaana white walling a piece anywhere close to what I have seen from a Daisy. And DEFINITELY nowhere near a Supreme 3. In comparison all the videos so far have shown very whispy vapor. Seems very very weak compared to my Grasshopper even.

Well now that more people will be getting them you probably will, I personally don't put much stock into the visuals as the user reports, I exhale a cloud in the light above me and watch it swirl much better than i can photograph, also easier to do dry vs in a small bubbler. I'd have trouble showing clouds with my Daisy and Lily too, probably moreso. Can't speak for all the videos from Krazy bc I didn't watch them, some Zion videos were crazy dense i remember though. This is defintely more technique driven and manual than a Grasshopper, I imagine that one is extremely easy to capture milk shots with bc you're not trying to focus on anything else like this and Triihouse. Still have not seen a S3 in action, not really following it aside from mentions like these. Milaana easily milks like a log imo, Zion is a little more Cloud Evo esque

RBT informed me that a handful went out without the filter material in place. He personally uses none. He recommended I add some, cause he knows I'll be using/abusing it out on the farm, and thought I might be concerned about sawdust, etc. It keeps crap in the air and lint from your pocket out of the heater, so I opted to put some in. I'll add a few pics showing how I've been using the filter material for my convection dabbing experience. I think I like this material better than the ss wire coil I was using for the Zion, so my Zion may get a little upgrade out of al this, too!

Also, RBT said that he was anticipating this many units per week for the next few weeks. He did not make any guarantees, certainly, but with so many out the door recently, it seems like a lot of people may be seeing some Milaana action.

image.jpg

Here she is next to big bro:
image.jpg

image.jpg

Ah didn't know he wasn't using the filter himself, filthy ;) I feel safer with it in. Shame a few snuck by, and without instructions, hopefully whoever else gets em is okay with that. Also RBT had mentioned you could technically adjust airflow with your filter size.

Told you that material would probably be great for your concetrate use! I believe Zions will come with some too when things get going more officially over there. Ah i am super jealous of those shorty stems though!

Last edited:

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
From the looks of it it isn't. From what I've heard and seen Daisy/Lily produce extremely dense vapor, and from ShitSnacks images the Milaana does not. That coupled with Scrimshaw's unbiased impressions lead me to believe the Milaana isn't as powerful as we've been lead to think it is.
That's was only slightly discouraging.

The reason being, I have gotten two vapes from FC members that didn't like them as much as me...actually my two favorite vapes: vapman and daisy. Thanks again @subway13029

I wouldn't be worried about wispy clouds from @Shit Snacks...he is not a high temp lung buster like @IAmKrazy2.

While I do go back in forth with some about the way the rollout is happening, I definitely don't think anyone here has a biased oppinion on their vapes performance...but that's just me.

Listen to the way @IAmKrazy2 breathes after he takes a draw...shits real.

Besides these same folks have been spot on before about vaporizer recommendations and suggestions and mirror my own feelings in most cases...thats more trust than I put in RBT and the reason I frequent this shady street corner we call FC.

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
Aussie call up... Who's in on one and who will get theirs first lads!? @Stevenski

I dilly dallied about preordering at $80 but now it is $180 & I have just quit my job so there will some other lucky fuckers in Oz. It would need to be very special for me to fork out the money that is now being asked for the unit :2c:.

Pretty sure there will be plenty of happy campers with this one though. Will certainly be interested in hearing your thoughts on it though Tommy.

I'm confused. Have non testers been getting their milaana's? Is there any shipping confirmation or are they just arriving? Are they being delivered in any relationship to the order history?
If I understood correctly, a batch of 24 was assembled and shipped, and the next few weeks should see the same amount of units, with production being all caught up to the most recent preorder within the next month or two. I personally received no confirmation, I just saw a box on my doorstep this afternoon. I would guess they are going out in the order they were received (ordered).

Last edited:

little maggie

Thanks. I haven't had the best experience with RBT. I suspect that I was in the first 10-15 to order just as I was one of the first to order the Zion. I try not to look at this thread since my VAS is temporarily satisfied by my CF. But I didn't understand why it had moved.
Still I'm glad RBT is getting things out so that he can focus on vapes full time. He has a lot of creative ideas that maybe he can get back to once he doesn't have to focus on distribution. With the new boundless vapes now on PIU, maybe Milaana's can be sold there at some point.

Last edited:

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Already one in the Classifieds......not the better sign, but I saw a lot of ESVs in the Classifieds and it's still one of my favourite!

Could you confirm it comes with a battery? if not can I use any battery or only high drain (sorry I bet you already mention it in this thread)?

AJS

Calm Consistency
Already one in the Classifieds......not the better sign, but I saw a lot of ESVs in the Classifieds and it's still one of my favourite!

Could you confirm it comes with a battery? if not can I use any battery or only high drain (sorry I bet you already mention it in this thread)?
The package included a battery/case, a canvas bag, a long & short stem and 3 screens total—2 loose, one pre-installed in the short stem.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
If I understood correctly, a batch of 24 was assembled and shipped, and the next few weeks should see the same amount of units, with production being all caught up to the most recent preorder within the next month or two. I personally received no confirmation, I just saw a box on my doorstep this afternoon. I would guess they are going out in the order they were received (ordered).

He told me 8 went out last Friday, then 16 today. 20 more tomorrow. I think he can do 100 a week, but is starting with 50 for now. International orders will take a while to arrive i expect too (also they are no longer available until retailers have em I think)

Thanks. I haven't had the best experience with RBT. I suspect that I was in the first 10-15 to order just as I was one of the first to order the Zion. I try not to look at this thread since my VAS is temporarily satisfied by my CF. But I didn't understand why it had moved.
Still I'm glad RBT is getting things out so that he can focus on vapes full time. He has a lot of creative ideas that maybe he can get back to once he doesn't have to focus on distribution. With the new boundless vapes now on PIU, maybe Milaana's can be sold there at some point.

Oh yeah Mag I wouldn't be surprised if you had one show up suddenly soon too. Doesn't quite make up for everything else but nice nevertheless. Glad you're enjoying the CF. Seems he just got em out as soon as possible without doing anything else, it is indeed clear he shouldnt be doing distribution among other things, hopefully sooner than later... I know puffitup is planned, wholesale prices will be available for anyone I think, seems be will catch up to pre orders soon here at least

Yes lots of info in the thread, the batteries RBT sells are top notch, the 2900mah LGs are definitely better performing than the 2500mah Samsungs, and be said he is even switching to 3000mah LGs that are even better. The digital charger is great too, so you know your levels, but an i2 works well too. You took a while to come on board ESV despite creating the thread! We've seen many users come and go there, now that @OF has one or two (or three?) there is a nice steady presence... Good to see you here man, I think overall this is much easier to master than the Elevape (not that I had much trouble with that myself) though as another manual on demand pure convection vape clearly not for everyone.

Edit: it will only come with one battery, no standard charger either yet. Until sales pick up at least, maybe it will be included later at full $199 price, its current $169 is a sale

Last edited:

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
That coupled with Scrimshaw's unbiased impressions lead me to believe the Milaana isn't as powerful as we've been lead to think it is.

Are you sir implying the beta team is biased? Careful with what you say!

Besides, the Mi is the entry level unit, it has a single cell and we've been pretty clear about the lower peak power output and the unregulated operation mode from the beginning. The Zion is the real flagship, and the TOD will be (eventually?) the powerhouse.

Last edited:

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
Will a charger that charges AA batteries work on the 18650's? I ordered a charger with my Zion but not with my Mi. Didn't know at the time which would come first. Now I might have a problem...

nosmoking,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Will a charger that charges AA batteries work on the 18650's? I ordered a charger with my Zion but not with my Mi. Didn't know at the time which would come first. Now I might have a problem...

Not a standard AA charger. Hopefully RBT will be on top of this, and ship your charger with Mi. IMO worth going through the contact trouble to request he send with whatever unit ships first.

OF

We've seen many users come and go there, now that @OF has one or two (or three?) there is a nice steady presence... Good to see you here man,

But I'm not 'here'. I don't have this vape or most of the batteries you discuss but since I don't 'read' this thread I don't really even know what you're talking about past that.

This time I sincerely think I'm innocent.

OF

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
But I'm not 'here'. I don't have this vape or most of the batteries you discuss but since I don't 'read' this thread I don't really even know what you're talking about past that.

This time I sincerely think I'm innocent.

OF
I think Shits is referring to the ESV. And he was talking to PPN then... Maybe you're joking around ataxian style ... So I might be misunderstanding all this ;) :D
No offense intended, of course :peace:

Happy 420 everyone !!! :bowdown::leaf:

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
Not a standard AA charger. Hopefully RBT will be on top of this, and ship your charger with Mi. IMO worth going through the contact trouble to request he send with whatever unit ships first.
I sent the message to him moments after asking the question here. I have a Panasonic charger that came with my Eneloop batteries but I doubt that would work.

I may even try to resource a charger locally if need be. It never hurts to have two chargers cause I could leave one at work for in case situations. Any ideas what the best place would be to find a charger...perhaps Batteries Plus or something of the like?

nosmoking,

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Right, many 18650 chargers will also do AAs, but AA specific chargers won't do 18650s. The Nitecore's I have will do 18650s (and other Li-ions), (rechargable) AAs, NI-MHs, and Ni-Cds. I originally got a D2 from RBT, but I have since gotten a D4, and may keep the D2 in the car for emergencies... ;)

There seems to be an unexpected package out for delivery. Could it be... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom