Discontinued The RBT Milaana (unregulated single 18650)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mulehead

Happy 420 to me when I got home!
2 bowls in, no charring, and huge clouds!!
If I read anymore posts about wispy vapor or charring loads, I'm going to lose faith in some of my FC brothers and sisters, and their abilities to operate their devices!!
If you have these problems, keep practicing.
This device is not that hard to master, I feel like I have after two bowls.
The Zion is an automatic for you members that can't read what the vape is telling you, it's for you, the Milaana is not.
The taste and temp feedback tell ya how hard to lean on the throttle. Lean on it, and you're rewarded with huge flavorful clouds, with no char.

I wasn't sure if I'd like Milaana as much as my beloved Lucky.
I dig the regulation and consistency of the Zion, but it's nice to "boost" the end of a long drawn out low temp hit from Milaana.
I also like the size of Milaana over Zion for on the go.

Milaanas first day at work will be tomorrow, we'll see how I do with all the pieces.

My only complaint is I was hoping for another stir stick like Zions, it's so functional.

I mean huge clouds people! (as I hit that shit again!)

Leave it to Ryan to have a 420 release! :rockon:
Again just like the Zion, bravo @RastaBuddhaTao!!!!

Last edited:

Vapenvy

Indie vaper
Aussie call up... Who's in on one and who will get theirs first lads!? @Stevenski

Yes the first 8 went out earlier, I was told some went overseas for sure, then the 16 yesterday, and supposed to be 20 more going out today.

Well, hopefully I can claim this particular prize since @nosmoking said he ordered Jan 2016 and has one on the way. I wouldn't have thought i was in the first 8, but maybe? I attempted to order mid August but due to website glitches didn't pay until early Sept (for zion and Mi) so am assuming my place in line is the Sept order batch.

No tracking yet though, so Here's hoping...

Any E-cig/Vape shop should have what you need.

Thanks for this. These shipments caught me on the hop so i haven't sorted a charger yet and was starting to worry i may have a Milaana and no charger. (Although i hope this actually happens...a good problem...) Amazon don't ship battery chargers to my address. Or most good electrical stuff... Bastards.

Anyway, your suggestion reminded me of an e cigg shop a friend was telling me about (the steamery in redfern/alexandria) and google tells me they have tje charger i want. Soo, if in stock i will have a charger ready and waiting, and amazingly, will be able to pick it up locally for only slightly more than online (rather than over double which we usually get slammed with)

GTAVaper

If I read anymore posts about wispy vapor or charring loads, I'm going to lose faith in some of my FC brothers and sisters, and their abilities to operate their devices!!
The Zion is an automatic for you members that can't read what the vape is telling you, it's for you, the Milaana is not.
The taste and temp feedback tell ya how hard to lean on the throttle. Lean on it, and you're rewarded with huge flavorful clouds, with no char.

I dig the regulation and consistency of the Zion, but it's nice to "boost" the end of a long drawn out low temp hit from Milaana.
Milaanas first day of work will be tomorrow, we'll see how I do with all the pieces.

My only complaint is I was hoping for another stir stick like Zions, it's so functional.

Love to hear about your success with the Milaana.

I also LIKE the fact that combustion is possible if you aren't paying attention. I have combusted 3 times with my Apollo and probably about the same with my Underdog (with the regular SS Nong's - but over a longer period of time) and these are the best vapes that I've used - with Apollo holding top spot for me right now - it is an absolute BEAST when modded out with the Solo stem mod and covered backplate.

So I am looking forward to MASTERING my gorgeous Milaana when it arrives.....
......and if my sexy little Eastern European hottie experiences SHADES of GRAY :brow:
then I'm sure that we'll get through it with just a little more RESTRAINT.....lol :D

friedrich

Little-Known Member
Got mine too!
I really like the size and feel, and the look with the short stem.

The batteries all seem pretty low on charge, but I got enough out of one to get myself nicely toasted :ko:

(later...)
I've swapped in one of the slightly-charged batteries and now I'm getting some really nice vapor!

I can see it will take a little getting used to, with a degree of ongoing engagement; definitely not for everyone on all occasions... but M just may become my primary 'home' vape! while FW will likely remain my go-to when going out, since it's more pocketable and automatic and has swappable capsules.

MrPeanut

Zion, stealing faces since 2015
Well, hopefully I can claim this particular prize since @nosmoking said he ordered Jan 2016 and has one on the way. I wouldn't have thought i was in the first 8, but maybe? I attempted to order mid August but due to website glitches didn't pay until early Sept (for zion and Mi) so am assuming my place in line is the Sept order batch.

Thanks for this. These shipments caught me on the hop so i haven't sorted a charger yet and was starting to worry i may have a Milaana and no charger. (Although i hope this actually happens...a good problem...) Amazon don't ship battery chargers to my address. Or most good electrical stuff... Bastards.

Anyway, your suggestion reminded me of an e cigg shop a friend was telling me about (the steamery in redfern/alexandria) and google tells me they have tje charger i want. Soo, if in stock i will have a charger ready and waiting, and amazingly, will be able to pick it up locally for only slightly more than online (rather than over double which we usually get slammed with)

This is the beauty of RBT tech. Off the shelf, standard size, high power, commercially available batteries and chargers. I live in a rural farm area and there are 3 shops within 20 minutes with these batteries in stock.

Vapenvy

Indie vaper
I couldn't agree more.

I just called and they have the chargers in stock so I can ride my pushbike straight over and grab one as soon as my Milaana arrives if need be.

Could also grab a battery if it happens to arrive without.

Excellent work @RBT and friends.

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
I just called and they have the chargers in stock so I can ride my pushbike straight over and grab one as soon as my Milaana arrives if need be.

Only if you are wearing a plaid shirt & suspenders whilst twirling your mustache. Hell you could even pop past the Grounds for a coffee & pet Kevin Bacon ;). Just joking the Grounds is an overrated shithole. I trust the pushy is a fixie though :lol: :cool:

mzl.ifrkkgya.320x480-75-e1310503655419.jpg

TheRobbo

Aussie call up... Who's in on one and who will get theirs first lads!? @Stevenski

I'm in on this race too but having only ordered Feb 4th I'm pretty sure I'm not going to win... Although just having my Mi in my hands will be a win in its own right :rockon::science::love:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Got mine too!
I really like the size and feel, and the look with the short stem.

The batteries all seem pretty low on charge, but I got enough out of one to get myself nicely toasted :ko:

(later...)
I've swapped in one of the slightly-charged batteries and now I'm getting some really nice vapor!

I can see it will take a little getting used to, with a degree of ongoing engagement; definitely not for everyone on all occasions... but M just may become my primary 'home' vape! while FW will likely remain my go-to when going out, since it's more pocketable and automatic and has swappable capsules.

Nice! First positive non biased review?! ;)

(Since Mulehead and Ragnarokk got early production Zions fortunately)

But you tried to use the brand new batteries right away? They need to be charged up fully first, brand new batts should be near dead, probably not great for their overall life, nor is interrupting that intital charge midway...

But it does provide a more manageable learning curve like nosmoking was suggesting. I hope your batteries do well in the long term, should monitor how well they hold a charge etc maybe... Anyway get ready for the fresh battery Milaana hit, it comes fast and hot!

little maggie

No tracking yet though, so Here's hoping.../QUOTE]

I'm with you. I ordered the Zion in June but couldn't order the Milaana until the beginning of September for the same reason. Plus 4 extra batteries. So those who were able to pay in August are probably the first to get theirs. I wonder when it went on sale in the first place.

friedrich

Little-Known Member
But you tried to use the brand new batteries right away? They need to be charged up fully first, brand new batts should be near dead, probably not great for their overall life, nor is interrupting that intital charge midway...
I considered mentioning or asking about battery treatment, but it's 420! did I ever have a choice??
Oh, well... at least I have a few of them.

M takes just seconds to start making dense, smooth and rich vapor, but it's a bit hot on my throat (long stem or short)... hopefully, as with FW, that will be less of an issue as my technique improves. I'll probably get a different type of stem to try soon too.
f2At87q.jpg

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I considered mentioning or asking about battery treatment, but it's 420! did I ever have a choice??

M takes just seconds to start making dense, smooth and rich vapor, but it's a bit hot on my throat (long stem or short)... hopefully, as with FW, that will be less of an issue as my technique improves. I'll probably get a different type of stem to try soon too.
f2At87q.jpg

Ha yes, and without instructions who could blame you ;)

For managing the harshness, I find the load to be a big variable (herbs grind pack etc), but what could help manage it is letting off the button earlier and using residual heat for the back half of the hit, or hemp fiber in the stem (as @IAmKrazy2 does) seems to work well too. Otherwise it is getting used to it I suppose, back to back bowls always irritate my throat way more than on demand puffs or a relaxed drawn out session, so that too. This is another way I personally find it similar to Triihouse convection, a bit more log like too perhaps...

Glad you are enjoying it, been a a long time coming bud, and that grain pattern is beautiful!

Vapenvy

Indie vaper

f2At87q.jpg
Wow. That wood grain looks awesome.

Most maple I have seen is more plain so I had no idea it can look like that.

I hope mine has a similar look. If not, well, mine will be better anyway... Just because.

Andreaerdna

If God is the answer, then the question is wrong
Are you sir implying the beta team is biased? Careful with what you say!

Yes he was, and maybe you scared him away with your aggressive answer, so while reading back last evolution I cant not not answer to you. YES YOU ARE BIASED, let make peace with it. In a good way biased because as rbt said: (the very first phrase of this thread):

Greetings FC. The RBT Beta Team has been working behind the scene on the development of a single battery stealth unit using the Zion heater technology.

So you are biased by being kind of god father of milana, you gave him advice while he was growing up, help his father to create it.
You will stand by him against any criticism and because of this you are little help to us. As ss (@Shit Snacks btw, you have a very evil acronyme) remember, between first customers (simple customers) one dislike it one other like it but find vapor hot, was it mentionned by z team before (hot vapor)? I do not remember

Vapenvy

Indie vaper
What is a push bike? Sounds like a stryder but those are for kids around here.

Ha ha. Yes, i purposefully wrote pushbike rather than bike so nobody would mistakenly assume that i am a real manly man that rides a 'real' bike. Glad you picked up on it.

Only if you are wearing a plaid shirt & suspenders whilst twirling your mustache. Hell you could even pop past the Grounds for a coffee & pet Kevin Bacon ;). Just joking the Grounds is an overrated shithole. I trust the pushy is a fixie though :lol: :cool:

mzl.ifrkkgya.320x480-75-e1310503655419.jpg

Oh man, that gave me a good laugh. Still chuckling now...

But no...could never do hipster. Or full biker dude with the lycra.

I'm the dude riding around in an old pair of cutoff army pants and a faded t shirt or something. And sometimes a vape in hand....

Oh, and my bike has gears too. Lots of them, sorry to say.

Plus good call on the Grounds. I guess if i was rocking that look i'd be glad to wait in line for half an hour being admired by my peers, but alas, i'd prefer to go around the corner to Bunnings for my coffee.

Scrimshaw

Vaped Crusader
Judging by the PM's, I seem to have made more than one of your heads explode by not liking your precious Milaana. Thanks for your concern, but I am OK!!!

Look, it's a decent vape, it's just not for me. Here's why:
-heater too hot: I have two US patents, and am always intrigued by fellow inventors. RBT's patented heat tech intrigued me by the heat plots I saw (perhaps for Zion). The heat rose asymptotically towards combustion temp quite nicely. If people were vaping successfully on the Zion at 75%, I assumed this would have been tweaked to run at that temp. Nope, it's full blast. It's like having a pocket Nano stuck on 10--I can handle it but is no fun IMO.

-stems: I don't think 18mm stems are a good system. Stuff falls out easily, they are too wide to cook evenly, and stirring inevitably makes a mess. On top of that, the area near the heater is narrower than above so there is more material further from the heater than closer. This practically ensures uneven cooking. The screens are ok, but too much material gets stuck on the sides, whether I use it basket or dome style, same problem occurs. UD stems with installed screens are a much better solution IMO.

-potability: How is this thing truly portable? I just don't get it. The canvas bag is nice, but not a solution for carrying glass stems. There's no lock on the device, so you'd have to take the battery out every time. In practice, it just doesn't seem like a viable portable option.

-instructions: WTF, seriously—no instructions?!? RBT has excommunicated FC for some reason, but then we're supposed to come here to learn how to use the device? That seems totally arrogant to me. And to be told when I am looking for tips that I should read a 60+ page thread just seems a little tone deaf.

-company: I wasn't contacted prior to shipment, or at all for that matter. I don't need hand-holding, but I think a 5-year old running a lemonade stand knows more about pleasing customers.

Lastly, I'd just like to say how I resent people putting words in my mouth here and on reddit implying that I hardly used this thing or that I don't know how to use vapes. This is why people get turned off FC, or criticize these threads for being biased. This and the Zion thread are so ridiculous with such a dearth of real info, it's no wonder reddit thinks it's a joke. And the cult references are just awful—having lost a childhood friend to a religious cult I can't find any humor there, sorry.

I like to think of myself as equidistant between the FC fanboys and the reddit skeptics. Putting words into my mouth just makes me less likely to share my experiences. I have owned PD, Iolite, UD, Nano, Herbalizer, FW and others, so it's not for lack of experience, I just didn't like the Milaana. Deal with it.

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
Ha ha. Yes, i purposefully wrote pushbike rather than bike so nobody would mistakenly assume that i am a real manly man that rides a 'real' bike. Glad you picked up on it.
I think your missing my question, perhaps a regional thing. It sounds like what you refer to as a pushbike is what I refer to as a pedal bike. Both make sense to me, but I never heard the phrase/term pushbike so I instantly thought of the strider my 3 year old rides. It has one fixed pedal, no chain or anything. You push yourself by running and then you put your feet up on the middle pedal and coast. The funny thing is, when you said pushbike I instantly thought of this past Tuesday when I told the wife our 3 year old son on a pushbike could almost beat his 5 year old brother on a pedal bike around the BMX track we were at. I then chuckled and led on to tell her he would probably be 16 years old still riding a strider and whip everyone's ass on the track because he is fearlessly awesome on the thing and because he's old enough to ride a pedal bike and can but prefers his strider because he is so much faster on it.

As far as a 'real' bike, I think you mean a motorcycle which is often refered to as just a 'bike' but plenty of women ride them so don't sell yourself short. I grew up showing all my friends the trophy my mom earned when she was 18 years old for jumping motorcycles. She still rides a Harley and a Buell.

Sorry for getting so off topic guys, I couldn't resist. And @Vapenvy try to laugh after every line of my post...I type in peace, happiness and a state of well-medicated-being!

@Scrimshaw Posting your critiques is welcome here to me and the rest of FC I hope. I want to know the good the bad the ugly and the dirty when it comes to a vape. As long as you don't go into bashing which I don't feel you have then your posting is all helpful to the community. It may not be the same experience for everyone and we all have to keep that in mind. We all may have different things we like/dislike about a vape. With every thread and not just this one, the more experience posted the more we all benefit and can have more success discovering a vape before actually buying and using it.

Last edited:

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Judging by the PM's, I seem to have made more than one of your heads explode by not liking your precious Milaana. Thanks for your concern, but I am OK!!!

-heater too hot: I have two US patents, and am always intrigued by fellow inventors. RBT's patented heat tech intrigued me by the heat plots I saw (perhaps for Zion). The heat rose asymptotically towards combustion temp quite nicely. If people were vaping successfully on the Zion at 75%, I assumed this would have been tweaked to run at that temp. Nope, it's full blast. It's like having a pocket Nano stuck on 10--I can handle it but is no fun IMO.

-stems: I don't think 18mm stems are a good system. Stuff falls out easily, they are too wide to cook evenly, and stirring inevitably makes a mess. On top of that, the area near the heater is narrower than above so there is more material further from the heater than closer. This practically ensures uneven cooking. The screens are ok, but too much material gets stuck on the sides, whether I use it basket or dome style, same problem occurs. UD stems with installed screens are a much better solution IMO.

-potability: How is this thing truly portable? I just don't get it. The canvas bag is nice, but not a solution for carrying glass stems. There's no lock on the device, so you'd have to take the battery out every time. In practice, it just doesn't seem like a viable portable option.

-instructions: WTF, seriously—no instructions?!? RBT has excommunicated FC for some reason, but then we're supposed to come here to learn how to use the device? That seems totally arrogant to me. And to be told when I am looking for tips that I should read a 60+ page thread just seems a little tone deaf.

-company: I wasn't contacted prior to shipment, or at all for that matter. I don't need hand-holding, but I think a 5-year old running a lemonade stand knows more about pleasing customers.

Lastly, I'd just like to say how I resent people putting words in my mouth here and on reddit implying that I hardly used this thing or that I don't know how to use vapes. This is why people get turned off FC, or criticize these threads for being biased. This and the Zion thread are so ridiculous with such a dearth of real info, it's no wonder reddit thinks it's a joke. And the cult references are just awful—having lost a childhood friend to a religious cult I can't find any humor there, sorry.

I like to think of myself as equidistant between the FC fanboys and the reddit skeptics. Putting words into my mouth just makes me less likely to share my experiences. I have owned PD, Iolite, UD, Nano, Herbalizer, FW and others, so it's not for lack of experience, I just didn't like the Milaana. Deal with it.

The Milaana heater is tuned hot to cover the whole spectrum of uses. With a fresh battery, you can use it for concentrates. You control it by feathering the button. As long as you don't hoover on it, the change as it heats up is not so rapid that you can't detect it before combustion occurs. As the battery depletes, it becomes much tamer. If you pull too hard then you will get a center burn and hot vapour, but not huge clouds. A steady medium draw will produce clouds to match anything else I've tried.

This device will have a learning curve, although people with experience with certain devices (such as mine with the FlashVAPE) will pick it up easily. You have to develop a sense of what it is doing by the taste and heat of the vapour. This isn't too difficult, but I can see someone giving up before getting it right. Also, as you say, some people just won't find it suitable.

I agree about the portability issue. It's pocketable but unless you have an unbreakable stem, preferably some kind of cartridge, it's not ideal. There is no way to lock a loaded stem in place, so the best alternative is some sort of cap for the stem, which adds to the complexity of on-the-go use and destroys hope of stealth. I don't feel the battery is a problem for me. I'd carry it in a pocket with the battery in without concern. Incidentally, that's hemp canvas.

I won't even try to defend the lack of instructions.

Your comment about RBT and his company is pushing the limits of our Be Nice rule. You can be critical but you have to maintain respect.

There is no "dearth of real info" in the Zion thread. In fact there's a lot of it, with much of it from me. Perhaps you mean that the ratio is low. In this thread, there had to be a lack of information because until now, there were too few of them out there. I have deliberately held back my own impressions because they are largely positive, and I didn't want to be accused of puffing up something that many people thought would never be delivered. As they arrive, you can expect a lot of comments about how people are learning and using it.

If people are misrepresenting what you've said, you can politely correct them. If they are breaking the rules, you can report them. General admonishments aren't particularly helpful.

GTAVaper

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion......and you have already used one and I have not......so your input is more valid than mine at this point.....but no more valid to me than the other voices that I am hearing either.

A pocket eNano at 10 sounds great to me......but I flirt with combustion frequently and love high temperature hits.

Some people don't and prefer lower temp hits or don't want to worry about the potential to combust.....I understand completely.

I appreciate that this vaporizer is not to your vaping preferences....and I am not really hearing you saying that the cape is poor quality but rather that it isn't what you were hoping for.

Disappointment is the root of a lot of anger and frustration in life....and you're doubly disappointed by the performance which doesn't fit your vaping expectations (but might be bang on for someone else's preferences) as well as the communications - or lack thereof - with the seller.

A huge selling point for me is the instant on convection factor....which for a portable sized cape is only seen in the Grasshopper or Firefly 2.

Maybe one of those might be better to your liking?

I would also suggest the Venus Apollo of which I am a huge fan.....but that also has a small learning curve....but more importantly a willingness to perform a fee simple mods for best performance and IMO is an at home portable that can only fully stretch its legs through a water tool.

I suspect that the GH will also be a water tool only device for me as well......whenever it does arrive

But the FF2 does intrigue me as well.......if I did much vaping on the go......that would be the vape of most interest to me right now.

Sorry you didn't like your Milaana......I am hoping that I will love ❤ mine but wont know until I try it.

I hope you find the right cape for you......damn auto correct....oh well.

Cheers.....GTAVaper

Milaanas first day at work will be tomorrow, we'll see how I do with all the pieces.

I had no problem getting huge dab clouds from this off a full battery, using the mesh provided w/ the Milaana as my wick. It requires more heat to do that (RBT mentions that concentrate use requires full charge, or close to it), so it best be providing clouds from nugs! Hope you're having fun getting to know her.

I think maybe part of what's causing issue is your comparison between this absolutely unregulated device with just one button to operate it and a regulated, temp selectable device with draw detection... Considerably more features than what Milaana claims to offer, and a considerably larger price tag. It's kind of apples to oranges, but I guess it's nice to have the Mi compared to something else out there in the portable market.

I mostly disagree with your thoughts on the 18mm glass, but am intrigued -- if the FW is so much better for you, maybe it would fit my room mate better than any of my personal devices (he can combust in ANYTHING).

Ok, maybe the 18mm could be less messy to stir, but I have found it to be less of a concern through months of Zion use than I originally anticipated. One factor that helped was shrinking my bowl. Ryan sent my stems with HUGE bowls, cause he knows I came from roasting trash can sized bowls. I had decent results, but had to stir more. So I shrank them down a bit, and I now get better consistency to my abv. Also, for stirring, I now just empty into my palm and smash it back into the bowl -- it's not ultra clean, but I also don't live in a vacuum and a little weed on my hands hasn't caused me any issues yet. I do see how it could be shitty for a business meeting, though I'm not sure what the right vape is for a board meeting. Grasshopper? Yeah, I'm just writing some notes in my mouth, NBD guys ;)

Edit: @Tek glad you're liking it, I find manual vapes so much easier to use, but have been flabbergasted by my room mate's inability to use a vape that isn't an "automatic."
Enjoy those convection dabs, that's all I'm roasting right now, myself. Gotta fix my flower situation, but these dabs just taste so great and I already have them here at the house...

Last edited:

Tek

Loving mine so far. I still need to work on technique to get a good smooth hit with a dry stem as I am used to exclusively vaping through water unless I'm using the crafty. Using the shredded screen material is amazing for convection dabbing, so tasty. Btw I have no experience with a manual vape and I think it's pretty easy to control.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom