Discontinued The RBT Milaana (unregulated single 18650)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vapetrees

Vaped Out
I'm liking the rimmed screen much better than the stock screens. Does inverting the stock screen help? I just like the convenience of the rimmed screen since i no longer have a good pick since I purposely broke the wooden stirring stick when super high. I can just easily switch packs. I've been vaping up a bunch of people that come into our dorm suite and its really a one person vape so ive just let them get 1 2 or 3 Massive rips with the elb top through a bong. I really need a wooden stem since when i went on walk I really had to carry it in my hand since the stem seems to just really one to leave the milaana and spill out. and I'm not using the short stem since i broke that. I kinda wish i had one of your guys woods since its just so much better looking. People call it a retro look since it looks so homemade. Maybe i can like stain the wood or make a design or something idk.
Hey if it's functioning as it should then you shouldn't worry about it. Function>Form. I was in the same boat as you and I wanted to stain mine, but after putting some wood conditioner on it, it changed my mind. Oh, I have a Walnut one btw.

Vapetrees,

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
I do not like any synthetic stains, and I do not use them in any of my woodworking. I use two things, shellac and varnish. Shellac is bug crap mixed with alcohol, so I don't use on Mi. The varnish I use is Tried and True. I also use a natural mineral oil and beeswax formula.

Many people who hire me say they want "stain". I easily convince them to select a wood with the appearance that they like vs trying to change it to a different color. Walnut, for example, when any moisture or oil hit it, the grain just pops. No stain necessary!!!

mucsusn

60 going on 20
It's been a typical super busy weekend day in my line of work. Mostly pain management out and about with the Vapcap. But shut the door tonight, and my girl and I made a stir fry with veggies from the farmers market and fresh gullf shrimp. She had a few of her favorite German festbiers, and I had 3 IPA's from 3 different breweries.........incredible. Finishing off the day with a small load in a long stem on my Spalted Mi. Absolutely sublime, flavor and vapor all in one. Can't wait to see what @Bravesst has conjured up for me:cheers:

EDIT: Still sentient enough to real time some observations. Started off with a Sony VTC5A from IMR. Came out of storage at 4.10v, a few minutes on the charger brought it to 4.18v. 4 nice hits, cell only down to 4.08v. Went to the vanity to clean the stem, under good light I see there's easily another hit there.....no, make that two. This thing is a beast when you ride it right.

Last edited:

Danksta

I had a really good weekend getting to know my Milaana. I only have one battery so that held me back a bit. I have 2 of the Sony VCT5's that were recommended in this thread on the way. I was wondering though, how many stems per charge should I be getting? Seems I get 3-4 right now before I can tell there isn't enough juice to power the heater. Not a big deal, as those stems can get pretty cloudy.

The wood stem from @Alan is such a treat. It's a nice step up in appearance and function versus the glass. I like the glass, but will likely never use it if I have the wood one with me.

I see why everyone loves this device. It's such a nicely crafted vape. It feels really good in my hand and I appreciate how simple yet complex this vape is. Push a button and boom you got heat. No press 5 times BS.

dodgy_b

Good morning all.

Was wondering if anyone has a link to a soft case that they really enjoy. My search is eating up too much time! Saw some ones from Ryot as well as the new soft case for the Arizer Solo II. I'm looking for something bare bones in size. To hold the Mi, 1 battery case, 2 stems (1 each size.)

The hard OTG case from @cannabis.pro would probably be my next option if I can't find a soft one. Thanks for your input. Have a great day!

dodgy_b,
Reactions: vapen00b

Other Side

Retailer
Retailer
Good morning all.

Was wondering if anyone has a link to a soft case that they really enjoy. My search is eating up too much time! Saw some ones from Ryot as well as the new soft case for the Arizer Solo II. I'm looking for something bare bones in size. To hold the Mi, 1 battery case, 2 stems (1 each size.)

The hard OTG case from @cannabis.pro would probably be my next option if I can't find a soft one. Thanks for your input. Have a great day!
I use this.....

https://7thfloorvapes.com/index.php...eds/dime-bags/dime-bag-8-inch-padded-bag.html

Really works nicely. Room for extra stems, pick, batteries and the Milaana. I like the gray bag just because it's real hemp (softer).

jazzyvapeman

@NowThisWeed has a video feature of the Millaana on Facebook with over 1 Milion views!

One of the comments on the video is the following:

"A high drain lithium battery with zero protection, in a circuit with resistance wire (for heat) is very dangerous unless the person knows about lithium battery safety and ohms law."

Can anyone counter this? I'm personally not a skeptic as I own 2 Milaanas for over a year and know they're the best vapes I've ever used, just want to help out the brand and learn something about battery safety.

Last edited:

cannabis.pro

aka 420EDC
Accessory Maker
@NowThisWeed has a video feature of the Millaana on Facebook with over 1 Milion views!

"A high drain lithium battery with zero protection, in a circuit with resistance wire (for heat) is very dangerous unless the person knows about lithium battery safety and ohms law."

Can anyone counter this?
Considering Ryan has extensive experience working with Lithium Cells prior to taking on the role of Chief Vaporization Officer of RBT Labs, I think he knows a bit about lithium battery safety and Ohms Law. He's a Sigma Six Certified Black Belt on top of that. Heaters are burned in to prevent off gassing even on a short.

Other Side

Retailer
Retailer

Can anyone counter this? I'm personally not a skeptic as I own 2 Milaanas for over a year and know they're the best vapes I've ever used, just want to help out the brand and learn something about battery safety.
There are a ton of dumbass comments on there and just about every FB post I have ever seen having to do with dry herb vapes.

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Okay boys and girls, eff Facebook.

Here's an RBT rebuild, using all certified RBT parts, in a beautiful wood housing, with a couple of minor variations. It still needs about an hour or two of faring up before I'm satisfied with the body. Works like a Milanna, but in test mode as we speak. I actually charred the first load a bit, wasn't expecting so much heat (forgot I had a VTC 5). But a good sign the heater is cranking, and survived the second transplant without a scratch.

Buried glass still there, went a different way with battery cap.
tkfoFxv.jpg

Nice crisp lines...
VDl7DOs.jpg

A nice recessed step, with a wood cap on the cap
kcRjLCr.jpg

A nod to RBT via vent holes...
xKyjehP.jpg

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Okay boys and girls, eff Facebook.

Here's an RBT rebuild, using all certified RBT parts, in a beautiful wood housing, with a couple of minor variations. It still needs about an hour or two of faring up before I'm satisfied with the body. Works like a Milanna, but in test mode as we speak. I actually charred the first load a bit, wasn't expecting so much heat (forgot I had a VTC 5). But a good sign the heater is cranking, and survived the second transplant without a scratch.

Buried glass still there, went a different way with battery cap.
tkfoFxv.jpg

Nice crisp lines...
VDl7DOs.jpg

A nice recessed step, with a wood cap on the cap
kcRjLCr.jpg

A nod to RBT via vent holes...
xKyjehP.jpg

May be your best one yet! Though I really liked that triangle shaped body from a while back, and the angled intake holes in the battery recess too. Nice that you went with wood stuck on top of the brass, I remember when that was originally discussed as a potential design direction before Milaana even had a name... Fun stuff

Last edited:

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Right now, I can build the above, without compromising any function. The battery buried still needs some work, even though I love my buried cap, been my DD for the last week. My wood button cap will likely take it's place, she's pretty perfect.

Ahhh... So, I can pause, reflect, and make changes off this model. I am having a lot of fun with my customs, but as much as I love making them, I love, love, love USING them. :lmao:

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic

Yes of course it's true, that's why we spend so much time educating our readers. But if you stick to the recommended cells it's perfectly fine. You may still overdischarge them and damage them, but the vape becomes so anemic before it happens that it's hard to miss it.

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
I had an idea, gonna need help with it, a custom Milaana "vape station". Wheels are turning, any ideas out there?

Wouldn't this bad boy look awesome in a special little home... with all you ever need, pick, ABV, stems, batteries, maybe even a single charger...

Last edited:

Danksta

What are the experts opinion on wood care? I have some beeswax for my UD I never used I was considering. I only want to preserve the wood, not trying to add a polish or change the color. It's such a sexy beast on it's own.

Danksta,

xlr8shun

VF6WpXQ.jpg
I forgot how much I enjoyed the milaana while it was away...but I am glad it's back, it's like seeing your best friend after a long trip

Looks sick. If that could be carved in. I want to try it but I'm afraid to ruin it and there's no going back.

did either of you happen to see what @phattpiggie worked up on his Mi?.. check out the youtube video..

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/phattpiggies-wood-shed.22215/page-31#post-1175822

jazzyvapeman

Yes of course it's true, that's why we spend so much time educating our readers. But if you stick to the recommended cells it's perfectly fine. You may still overdischarge them and damage them, but the vape becomes so anemic before it happens that it's hard to miss it.
I appreciate your response. I have a personal relationship with Ryan and could talk about this with him further but would rather let him do his thing.

With all due respect, it's a bit disconcerting when your genuine concern gets brushed off by people with conflicts of interest on a community site that should be unbiased. I was looking for a scientific response to a concern I saw on social media that is genuine. I clicked on the guy's profile who posted that and he's an electrical engineer.

I own 2 Milaana's and was one of the first people to pre-order the Splinter, I'm not here to cast shade. There's a very small user base here and we probably wouldn't even know if there was a safety incident with a Milaana. I should be able to post stuff like this and not get a Wizard of Oz response, especially when I'm trying to gain knowledge to keep myself, family, and friends safe as well as promote the brand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom