Discontinued The RBT Milaana (unregulated single 18650)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cannabis.pro

aka 420EDC
Accessory Maker
Guys, stupid question, but If I’m having a session with the Milaana, hitting it every 30/40 minutes, should I leave the battery or remove it at every interval? I’m not with my charger right now, so I’d be great to save some juice.
Use the safety pick when not in use so that you don't engage the power by mistake. If you are using the safety pick, removing the battery isn't going to do any differently. Safety First!

PS Time for a Safety Meeting

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Guys, stupid question, but If I’m having a session with the Milaana, hitting it every 30/40 minutes, should I leave the battery or remove it at every interval? I’m not with my charger right now, so I’d be great to save some juice.

It's fine to leave it, and should last you a long time. As CP said, if you're out and about be sure to use the safety pick to prevent accidental button presses. If it's just lying on a table with nothing to hit the trigger then that is fine as well. Battery doesn't drain unless button is pressed

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Funny, I teach fire safety for the FDNY to thousands of people. Lithium ion batteries are pretty much not talked about, no literature on it. I've seen the batteries begin to burn up at the positive end. Left unattended, it could easily ignite.

With that said, I am not crazy about the guitar pick. It sticks out when not in use and ruins the whole tactile situation with the wood. Feels icky. I love the concept, just hate the experience. Needless to say, I don't use it, but instead, I keep Mi loaded in her holster, a 6 inch by 8 inch heavy leather pouch that makes it nearly impossible to get anywhere near the button. It has a separate outside compartment for spare batteries and doob tube, stir tool, so it sits in there alone. Made of a very thick, heavy leather, I can bang this bad boy around, while everything inside stays protected.

Stay safe, use the pick or take out the battery. Just making an observation on how it interferes with the experience.

Last edited:

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Vapefied gave the Milaana a review too, in case it has not yet been posted here (sorry if I have overseen something):

Nice review. Apparently, he's one of those unfortunate souls whose eyes announce to the world what you've been up to. (Check out the before and after of his bubbler hit. :ko:)

@VapeFiend.com, if you slow down your draw through the bubbler you'll reduce that tendency to heat the centre more than the edges. It does make it harder to detect that you're overheating the load, and a slower draw means a longer draw so there's a higher chance that you might keep the button down too long. You've probably figured this out already, but I thought I'd mention it for those following along.

cannabis.pro

aka 420EDC
Accessory Maker
I just finished watching, and it's amazing how familiar everything you said was. You like to explore the toasty flavours, and so do I. I believe that the Milaana is akin to an instrument in that you have to learn it, and that's exactly what you were saying. Your explanations might have been a wee bit enhanced, shall we say, but they were dead on. I lost count of the number of times I said "Exactly!" Everyone who owns or is considering owning a Milaana should watch your review.
+1

jamesuk9

Crew Slut...
Thanks for sharing the review vid @cannabis.pro and embedding @vapen00b !!

I honestly DID have a hard time reviewing this vape. I feel like if the Milaana would have been my first or 2nd vape I probably would not be sitting here with so many damn vapes on my shelf.

Never a truer word. In my short space of Milaana use I have quickly come to realise that I have now found the answer to a portable Evo, or as near as dammit as I will get currently. Once you've found your way, it hits like a train and is everything I have been looking for.

AJS

Calm Consistency
All these reviews are making Milaana finally blow up as it should. We told RBT all along to get vapes out to reviewers .. but taking it slow made the reviewers come out on their own. So glad this vape is getting the attention it deserves.

Well done Ryan! (And reviewers!)

almost there

All these reviews are making Milaana finally blow up as it should. We told RBT all along to get vapes out to reviewers .. but taking it slow made the reviewers come out on their own. So glad this vape is getting the attention it deserves.

Well done Ryan! (And reviewers!)
Can't speak for the other owners but I'll give you my honest feelings. I held back for months because of the earlier shabby worksmanship. All those posted photos with units having belt burns and the dotted grain of the earlier units was just very unappealing. When RBT transitioned to using wood with more attractive grain and the colored glass it gave this vape a whole new makeover. Whereas previously the Mi looked like a homemade experiment it now has a crisp professional crafted look that matches it's performance.

HD Springer

Can't speak for the other owners but I'll give you my honest feelings. I held back for months because of the earlier shabby worksmanship. All those posted photos with units having belt burns and the dotted grain of the earlier units was just very unappealing. When RBT transitioned to using wood with more attractive grain and the colored glass it gave this vape a whole new makeover. Whereas previously the Mi looked like a homemade experiment it now has a crisp professional crafted look that matches it's performance.

Can't disagree on how far Ryan has come with the workmanship. However the Milaana has been a great portable ever since the first units were made. Now the finish is up to par with its performance.

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Just taking a break. I actually took off today, and I'm in my shop again. This is my first attempt at a final piece, not a prototype. It may turn into one at some point, but I'm pretty much repeating what I already did, with some minor modifications.

Out of curiosity, I weighed a stem, .07, packed. That's dome screen pushed to the tip. I can usually get a nice session out of that.... Damn amazing when you think I used to roll half gram plus joints.

Danksta

A new sexy beast has arrived and boy is she pretty and loads of fun already!

aMUPSkV.jpg

gPWRvWZ.jpg

WOOD!!!
taA5sDT.jpg

Early testing is wonderful so far. I'm getting great flavor and vapor. I love the fact this is unregulated. The possibilities seem endless.

Thanks again @btka for the scoop

EDIT: Does anyone know if there are Ti screens available that fit?

Last edited:

Vapetrees

Vaped Out
A new sexy beast has arrived and boy is she pretty and loads of fun already!

aMUPSkV.jpg

gPWRvWZ.jpg

WOOD!!!
taA5sDT.jpg

Early testing is wonderful so far. I'm getting great flavor and vapor. I love the fact this is unregulated. The possibilities seem endless.

Thanks again @btka for the scoop

EDIT: Does anyone know if there are Ti screens available that fit?
That's some nice wood, I'm glad you're enjoying it. I used mine yesterday and fell asleep, a 10 hour sleep lol.

Dynavaper

Karma Farmer
I woke up at 10am and thought it would be a nice idea to start the Saturday with my Milaana. Did that, confused sativa with indica, had two great bowls, went to bed again ("just for 15 further minutes, okay?") and woke up at 6pm. Wife was not too amused (had to go out into the rain with the dog twice), but it was quite recreational for me. :)

Last edited:

alex91

Guys, how’s my AVB? I was holding the button too long to get vapor so I thought it would be better to get another bowl. Is this still vapable?

QwFhZf8.jpg

Also, is there any difference If I put my material in the glass steam bowl or in the bowl in which we insert the steam? Or the steam bowl is just for microdosing?

Thanks.

alex91,

Danksta

This vape is so impressive! I probably won't be using the flowerpot tonight for the first night since I got it. I love this vape that much. This is giving me crazy on demand action. The taste is wonderful and so far I have not combusted. I've already figured out a great draw technique. The way the button fuels the fire so to speak is so cool. Unregulated dankness. :D

I've lurked this thread since I joined FC and was always fascinated by this vape. So happy to finally own one of the latest models. :tup:

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Also, is there any difference If I put my material in the glass steam bowl or in the bowl in which we insert the steam? Or the steam bowl is just for microdosing?

You're not supposed to load the GonG....ever! :ko:

The screen in the female GonG is not removable so you want to keep that pristine clean, no material should touch it excepted a falling speck or two from time to time, which you can just blow away easily.

This screen is just to protect the heater from falling debris and from mishaps.

You should always load the stem bowl and adjust the screen depth inside to accommodate your required dosage, while trying to keep the load close to the tip to minimize power loss. You may also adust the depth to try to alleviate hotspot issues or uneven heating if you have any (but regulating your draw speed is really what works best in that regard)

Dynavaper

Karma Farmer
It's Sunday morning, 8:30am.
I am sitting here with a coffee in one hand and the other hand is reaching out for the Milaana again.
But not today. I will resist until the early evening. But it's not easy. Just saying. What a nice and lovable device...
Time to fire a Vapcap and to take the dog out for a walk. When does early evening start exactly? ;)

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
It's Sunday morning, 8:30am.
I am sitting here with a coffee in one hand and the other hand is reaching out for the Milaana again.
But not today. I will resist until the early evening. But it's not easy. Just saying. What a nice and lovable device...
Time to fire a Vapcap and to take the dog out for a walk. When does early evening start exactly? ;)

I'm sitting here, it's about 5 am, coffee in one hand, still shaking cobwebs out. I like to wait until all cobwebs are out, usually after my first cuppa, then it's a Mi time. At .075 per load, it's a great morning microdose session.

Inquiring minds wanna know. Who wakes and vapes?
YES

Just remembered 2 "foundational" tips that I somehow resisted for a really long time, and my sessions improved dramatically once I gave them a real try. I also have to remove and burn off screens a lot less. If you don't already do this, give it a try - cleaner screens, less char, nice taste, efficiency = BAKED.

2 EASY PERFORMANCE BOOSTERS
1. Invert stock dome screen
2. Push screen all the way to tip while inverted (keeps load small)

This method, with my go-to @Alan 's maple stems give me some incredible tasty, and surprisingly long sessions. You are basically vaping what fits in the basket screen.

Last edited:

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
@Dynavaper
I love the names. I've got Cali product, definitely has a name, but I don't know it. Next time I gotta ask. We are getting in "Christmas Weed" season. Not sure if that's still a thing, it used to be. Now, product is just awesome all the time.

Enjoy!!!

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Waiting for the glue (bottom plate) to dry. Can't wait to test it out. Wires can be a bit tricky to snake through some tiny holes, and if they get hung up under the heater, ZAP, you see the power of the battery, as it begins to burn up as soon as you press the button. Live and learn... This really is an incredible learning process.

If today's build goes as good as I think it did, it time for @mucsusn custom build to happen. This will be about #8, and I feel very confident in the latest design, able to control variables really well, for a vape that not only looks good, but works like a Milaana.

UPDATE:
Minor setback, bad switch, remind me to test the crap out of everything before sealing up. I had to wreck another sweet body to get the parts out. Getting lots of practice. Damn switch, woulda been testing that bad boy right now. Anyway, it's 5 pm, my usual quitting time (I started at 6 am). I should have this unit put together tomorrow morning. Got some early appointments to keep, and back in the shop for the afternoon.

But right now, it's Milaana time...

Last edited:

squigger

I'm liking the rimmed screen much better than the stock screens. Does inverting the stock screen help? I just like the convenience of the rimmed screen since i no longer have a good pick since I purposely broke the wooden stirring stick when super high. I can just easily switch packs. I've been vaping up a bunch of people that come into our dorm suite and its really a one person vape so ive just let them get 1 2 or 3 Massive rips with the elb top through a bong. I really need a wooden stem since when i went on walk I really had to carry it in my hand since the stem seems to just really one to leave the milaana and spill out. and I'm not using the short stem since i broke that. I kinda wish i had one of your guys woods since its just so much better looking. People call it a retro look since it looks so homemade. Maybe i can like stain the wood or make a design or something idk.

squigger,
Reactions: Dynavaper
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom