Discontinued The RBT Milaana (unregulated single 18650)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Had a little accident the other day. Pulling my Milaana out of my back pocket and because the old soft camera case I keep it in has a belt strap it snagged on the way out and fell to the floor :o:doh:
Must have landed bottom down because the weight of the battery crushed the spring/contact at the bottom :(

Nice fix, thanks for the illustrations.

I haven't dropped my Milaanas much, but in 4-5 drops this has happened three times. What surprised me was that it doesn't seem to matter how it lands, somehow the spring gets crushed. The first time, I was in short grass. It didn't hit hard and it didn't land top or bottom first, it landed on its side. I could see what the problem was and how easy it would be to fix with the right tool, but being out for a walk, I slipped a dime under the copper contact and I was back in business. A penny would work too, but I'm Canadian and we don't have those.

For my tool, I used a cleaning brush that has a wire loop at the end of the handle:

nc0146g.jpg

I'd like to point out that the contact at the bottom is attached well and is pretty robust so you can be confident that you won't break it. Just gradually increase your pulling force, and you should be able to tell when it's fixed just by feel. I suppose if you do this often, the contact strip will eventually fail.

hoyo77

I just got a Milaana. Arrived today. I really like but i have one issue. My long stem i noticed the screens that came with it do not fit they fall thru. They fit perfect on the small stem, i can adjust as needed. i tried to widen the screens but that did not help. Limited to using the basket screen with the longer stem. Are there 2 different size screens for the stems if not, can someone link me to where i can get the appropriate screens for my milaana.

TheRobbo

Nice fix, thanks for the illustrations.

I haven't dropped my Milaanas much, but in 4-5 drops this has happened three times. What surprised me was that it doesn't seem to matter how it lands, somehow the spring gets crushed. The first time, I was in short grass. It didn't hit hard and it didn't land top or bottom first, it landed on its side. I could see what the problem was and how easy it would be to fix with the right tool, but being out for a walk, I slipped a dime under the copper contact and I was back in business. A penny would work too, but I'm Canadian and we don't have those.

For my tool, I used a cleaning brush that has a wire loop at the end of the handle:

nc0146g.jpg

I'd like to point out that the contact at the bottom is attached well and is pretty robust so you can be confident that you won't break it. Just gradually increase your pulling force, and you should be able to tell when it's fixed just by feel. I suppose if you do this often, the contact strip will eventually fail.

Nice work with the loop. I tried with a paper clip to start but it wasn't strong enough so had to go find some garden wire from the shed! I'm not sure I would have gotten the loop under the spring it looked like it was crushed right down and even the little 45 degree tag was a little squished. Though cant tell for certain being all the way down the bottom of the hole.
But yeah end result is the same I guess, I'm lucky nothing worse happened and a testament to the toughness of the 'kiss' philosophy. I'm still really happy with my purchase even after all this time I still catch myself just admiring it :luv:
Killed VAS before it started being only the second vape I have owned :tup: Though got to get me a splinter when available, and am intrigued by vapcap (but cant see how it would do anything better than Mi or Splinter but so cheap)
@cybrguy
Here is a shot I got a while back where you can see the pick a bit better. Adds a nice chunk of colour to the unit, its got a little clear bit which catches the sun light when outside I'll try and get a pic of it today.
G2WoKO7.jpg

Last edited:

Vapetrees

Vaped Out
I just got a Milaana. Arrived today. I really like but i have one issue. My long stem i noticed the screens that came with it do not fit they fall thru. They fit perfect on the small stem, i can adjust as needed. i tried to widen the screens but that did not help. Limited to using the basket screen with the longer stem. Are there 2 different size screens for the stems if not, can someone link me to where i can get the appropriate screens for my milaana.
I have the same issue. So far I don't use it. I've been using a really short stem from @Alan that doesn't have that problem. My short stem works well too, but on the long stem it just falls off. I gave up on it.

Vapetrees,
Reactions: vapen00b

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
@Alan has stems for the milaana???

There are a lot of aftermarket stem and screen options, sucks when they don't fit bc I like the RBT stem screen combo the best still. Could try getting it replaced maybe? New screens are more consistent too, and rimmed screens are semi available now as well. Welcome to the fam!

hoyo77

Really nice ones. I mean, really really really nice. You can get some with glass inserts in the stem or without. Long and short and just about any way you want. He has a lot of wood options too. I got a premium Walnut and a Black and White Ebony.
I just sent him a message. I am a life long hisaber member as well. Rather use his stems with this fucking beast anyway..and yes this thing is a fucking beast!!

dodgy_b

So during a session last night I found myself drooling, yes drooling, a bit on a long stem. It's that good.

Thanks @cannabis.pro for the new Mi and for the answers to my endless questions. And to the members here who have helped me (via pm or just lurking) get to the tastiest, most effective hits I've had from any device I've owned.

Glad I stuck with it. Have a great day all!

Last edited:

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
I don't think I ever dared to share it with you guys, but a while ago, I had a session where I wasn't getting any vapor or very little at best... I thought there was a problem with my device or battery... but then when I took the stem off I realized I had drooled so much into it that the load was completely wet! No wonder it was not working well...

:doh:

AJS

Calm Consistency
I don't think I ever dared to share it with you guys, but a while ago, I had a session where I wasn't getting any vapor or very little at best... I thought there was a problem with my device or battery... but then when I took the stem off I realized I had drooled so much into it that the load was completely wet! No wonder it was not working well...

:doh:
...been there

Modicum

I was fortunate enough to receive a Spalted Milanna from RBT recently, I think she may be a cousin of AJS' one (but mine is prettier,lol). This is my 3rd, I can't
imagine how one improves on perfection but Ryan has. I love trying to tame this incredible heater that seems to be stronger than the 1st two I have and as Troy
(420Vapezone)said it's anything you want it to be. I think Milaana puts fun & imagination back in vaping , not just dialing in a number and pressing a button ,
taking in whatever your display says it is putting out. Former combuster friends have stated that she can feel like a shotgun hit from a corncob pipe, akin to getting
hit in the face with a shovel if you want that. You can also get a lighter micro dose and oh! what deliciousness, it is in a class by itself.

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
I was fortunate enough to receive a Spalted Milanna from RBT recently, I think she may be a cousin of AJS' one (but mine is prettier,lol). This is my 3rd, I can't
imagine how one improves on perfection but Ryan has. I love trying to tame this incredible heater that seems to be stronger than the 1st two I have and as Troy
(420Vapezone)said it's anything you want it to be. I think Milaana puts fun & imagination back in vaping , not just dialing in a number and pressing a button ,
taking in whatever your display says it is putting out. Former combuster friends have stated that she can feel like a shotgun hit from a corncob pipe, akin to getting
hit in the face with a shovel if you want that. You can also get a lighter micro dose and oh! what deliciousness, it is in a class by itself.
Well said...

Bravesst,
Reactions: vapen00b

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
It's been way to quiet around here lately...
I just got a 3 inch maple stem from @Alan (thank you) Usually reluctant to use anything by short stems, as the full length stem just feels uncomfortable to me, but that 3 inch seems just right. My DD has been one of my one builds with the buried glass, and this sinks the stem a bit. I really like this distance, especially with the maple stem.
zU39u9K.jpg

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
By far my best work to date. I made two, one for me, one for a friend. Testing both now, BTW, these are not prototypes but will most likely be my DD for awhile.

Cherry, walnut top. Still needs a little natural finish to bring out the awesome grain patterns
HbIbr1t.jpg

EzgueFT.jpg

eDdnvGT.jpg

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
By far my best work to date. I made two, one for me, one for a friend. Testing both now, BTW, these are not prototypes but will most likely be my DD for awhile.

Cherry, walnut top. Still needs a little natural finish to bring out the awesome grain patterns
HbIbr1t.jpg

EzgueFT.jpg

eDdnvGT.jpg

Another nice one! Digging the slight tilt it has, would be cool with a walnut bottom as well I bet

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: Bravesst

cannabis.pro

aka 420EDC
Accessory Maker
preview.jpg

With the kindness and generosity of @RastaBuddhaTao, we are grateful to be giving away this Bloodwood Milaana on Instagram as well as making it a deluxe 420EDC bundle: The winner will be able to choose their own 420EDC Milaana OTG Case color, Mendo Mulcher Mini Color, 420EDC Glassware stem or GonG and two TopHat Subchambers, and a set of either LG HG2 or Samsung 30Q batteries. See the rules on IG to enter. Thank you for all the support here on FC!

JCharles

FC 06/06/2017 | ACMPR 26/07/2017
What's the adapter people are using to run the Milaana through Water?

I found one on PlanetVape.ca but it's a vortex adapter.

Will any generic US 18mm m2m work?

Last edited:
JCharles,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom