Discontinued The RBT Milaana (unregulated single 18650)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
What is the size of the new battery? Longer = problem. Wider by a bit = minor challenge.

A 21mm diameter hole should be good, maybe 21.2mm to be safe. Yes it's longer but it just means it protrudes 3 extra mm on the top of the device. You either need a longer post if you want to keep the original copper tab or you need to use an alternative contact (haven't found anything really sexy for now but haven't looked much)

KeroZen,
Reactions: Bravesst

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
Changing the battery hole, post construction, without any marring, might be doable.

What is the size of the new battery? Longer = problem. Wider by a bit = minor challenge.

On the other hand, I'm about to disassemble and rebuild another older unit, dreaming up designs right now. Might even go purchase wood specifically for the project vs using scraps from around the shop. Love to hear any design suggestions on size, shape, features!!!

Last question, can I get real 20700 cells on Amazon?

Not an expert in electronics myself but with a bigger body you could fit a BMS board in the bottom - and maybe even a dial to change temp.

A kinda Milaana \ zion hybrid.

When i get my splinter, i was toying with the idea myself as i dont think my milaana with get that much use.

Just need to fit a bigger bottom to encorporate the extra board and dial.

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
@oddjobold: get in touch when you decide to do it, I might be able to help. Adding regulation is one thing but finding a BMS for a single cell system with such a high continuous current is not easy (didn't succeed in sourcing one so far)

KeroZen,

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
I'm lost with electronics, but I can build the unit to different specs to house whatever you need within my means.

You might get a 1/16 (not a mm guy) out of a different contact. Starting from scratch to house the larger battery would e the way to go. I am going to take my time with the design of the next unit.

I wish I had a large supply of parts or older units to salvage.

Last edited:

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
N117jIP.jpg
N117jIP.jpg
N117jIP.jpg)
N117jIP.jpg)
zsMAFyA.jpg)

I have lots of walnut laying around, just started a new Mi body. I'll show you guys what a "blank" looks like.

My next work in progress. I just have to bring myself to chop up an old unit. I feel like Dr. Frankenstein... Abbie Normal even.
zsMAFyA.jpg)
N117jIP.jpg)

Having problems uploading from imgur.... Pics to follow soon

zsMAFyA.jpg

Last edited:

vapenerd

Forgive for not having read the whole thread (yet), but can anyone recommend an EU source for this device? Thanks so much in advance!
I'm from Europe and ordered @ https://www.420edc.com/rbt-milaana/ when it was available. Best send 'em an email. Very happy customer. Yes, you'll have to pay customs. The Mi is worth it though, excellent vape.

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Because it's new, currently hard to source (the damn Panasonic/Sanyo cells are out of stock everywhere, you need to put e-mail alerts to have any chance to grab a few) and the Milaana was designed before they were available.

For Milaana use it offers either +33% capacity or same capacity but with less sag (more ooomph as with fresh cells but for a longer time) at least for the A and B cells of this brand. Others will soon follow.

Dynavaper

Karma Farmer
One further questions and - again - my apologies if that has already been covered several times:

- Do I have to worry about the unregulated part? Can I blow up the battery by accident while using the device? Will keeping the button pressed for 20secs. already bring me to that danger zone? I read something about 30secs max...

Thank you so much in advance for helping me out with this information!

Last edited:

almost there

One further questions and - again - my apologies if that has already been covered several times:

- Do I have to worry about the unregulated part? Can I blow up the battery by accident while using the device? Will keeping the button pressed for 20secs. already bring me to that danger zone? I read something about 30secs max...

I believe 30 sec is the cut off point

SpudBob

What I do is, with a fresh battery, is preheat 5 seconds. Then starts slow draw with button on for 5 more seconds. Then let off a couple seconds then back on for 5 more. By that time I got a pretty good hit. On the first draw, maybe not too much vapor. The subsequent draws, because the chamber is warm, will produce bigger clouds.With a more drained battery you will have to adjust your button accordingly with a longer push or more modulations. Riding the button off/on will keep the battery safe IMO. Someone correct me if I'm wrong!

Vapetrees

Vaped Out

Did you end up getting one after all? If so how do you like it so far?

Vapetrees,
Reactions: vapen00b

Dynavaper

Karma Farmer
Not yet. I am waiting for 420EDC to get the Walnut version on stock again. It‘s sold out everywhere as it seems. Furthermore, 420EDC does not let me choose any other destination than the USA, even if I check the "international shipment" box at checkout. Have contacted them via eMail to find out whether it's just me or their site.

I have read through the last 100 pages of this thread and can already imagine that this Vape, together with my Vapcaps, might end my VAS for quite some time. I would use the Milaana mostly at home and it seems that it has all, that I have ever been looking for with battery driven vapes:

Pure convection,
Heat on demand (or nearly, 5secs. is near instant to me),
Glass... Glass everywhere,
Replaceable batteries,
Wood,
Minimal electronics.

Seems to be the tailor-made gear for me and my expectations. I don‘t care for vaping at some exact temperature. I want to play with the heat. I want to tame the beast. I think I am in love already. ;) I have found the perfect butane vape for my needs and really hope that the Milaana is the answer to my battery driven dreams. I would feel quite complete then.

Another question to the owners: I don‘t like coughing. Will I be able to avoid it with the Milaana after some learning curve? Or does it always hit so hard that it‘s unavoidable? I saw some serious coughing in the handful youtube reviews that are around, especially with the shorter stem.

Last edited:

Vapetrees

Vaped Out
Not yet. I am waiting for 420EDC to get the Walnut version on stock again. It‘s sold out everywhere as it seems. Furthermore, 420EDC does not let me choose any other destination than the USA, even if I check the "international shipment" box at checkout. Have contacted them via eMail to find out whether it's just me or their site.

I have read through the last 100 pages of this thread and can already imagine that this Vape, together with my Vapcaps, might end my VAS for quite some time. I would use the Milaana mostly at home and it seems that it has all, that I have ever been looking for with battery driven vapes:

Pure convection,
Replaceable batteries,
Wood,
Minimal electronics.

Seems to be the tailor-made gear for me and my expectations. I don‘t care for vaping at some exact temperature. I want to play with the heat. I want to tame the beast. I think I am in love already. ;) I have found the perfect butane vape for my needs and really hope that the Milaana is the answer to my battery driven dreams. I would feel quite complete then.

Another question to the owners: I don‘t like coughing. Will I be able to avoid it with the Milaana after some learning curve? Or does it always hit so hard that it‘s unavoidable? I saw some serious coughing in the handful youtube reviews that are around, especially with the shorter stem.
Sometimes the potency of cannabis will make me cough and not so much the heat. For example the Mighty will make me cough even though the vapor is cool and at 365f. Now, the Mi can make you cough but you have the option of stopping before you feel it's getting too hot. So in a sense you can control the harshness but if your cannabis is of good quality, sometimes it's inevitable.

SpudBob

Pure convection,
Replaceable batteries,
Wood,
Minimal electronics.

You can, definitely, taylor the experience to your needs. Its something you can master pretty quick. Ive had mine for a while and only done that a couple times. The shorter stem is more hot for sure. The longer stem less so. DDave stems even better. I use the DDave V3 a lot and that really cools things down. So much that you gotta be careful you don't take to big a draw and do just what you said you don't want to do-cough up a lung!

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
It's seems we are still talking about Milaana technique. The combination of factors that effect a good session are numerous.

1. Herb
a. quality
b. grind
c. tamp
d. moisture level
e. quantity

2. Screen
a) distance
b) cleanliness
c) orientation

3. Battery life

4. Button depression
a) press and hold
b) feather

5. Stem
a) rotation
b) Stirring and re-tamping

6. DRAW RESTRICTION
As effected by all of the above - this needs to be just right to get the most vapor, with the most taste and potency. I believe this factor is second only to quality of herb.

After a couple of years of using my Milaana every day, all day, I'd have to say that coordination of all of the above is more of an art than science. But there's seems to be more that one "way" to get to that sweet spot. And I get the coughing from cool vapor. I think it's the dryness and sheer volume sometimes, never heat that makes me cough a bit. Usually, I cough from a dirty screen where I need to pull too hard. I love a clean screen, one way to keep it clean is to keep your bowls small, screen about 1/4 to 3/8 from rim. Also stir a lot, empty after session. Grind right, tamp, stuff up your vent hold with hemp or cotton to increase draw resistance, but keep those screens clean.

Great Milaana analogy is a stock race car - no frills as they would only hinder performance. Basically a body (wood), motor (battery), and transmission (pull).

Last edited:

Dynavaper

Karma Farmer
Okay, guys - I pulled the trigger and ordered today at 420edc.com... Received great customer service from a very friendly guy named Mark there and that even on a Sunday. Two thumbs up! :)
Very much looking forward to become a part of the Milaana owner family as soon as the parcel has travelled from over the big pond to here in Europe. I am very excited, to say the least! Thank you for this thread and your help to come to a decision!

I would have chosen Walnut, but that was sold out and Wifey said that she likes Butternut the most of the remaining wood varieties. Who am I to disagree with her? ;)

Quite an expensive adventure, by the way...
The whole sending will cost me around USD 480.00 with shipping and Customs fees. I hope that I will not get disappointed. This is my Christmas gift to myself this year... Keeping the fingers crossed for a merry, merry Christmas... ;)

jlaz0aA.png

ArwUHhv.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom