Discontinued The RBT Milaana (unregulated single 18650)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Also was wondering if @AlanS stems, really, cool the vapor down, Significantly, more than the native stems. Im still perfecting my draw method and find the short stem a bit hot at times. My throat does seem to be a bit more sensitive than some others too. I, also, rigged up a short 12" whip that I utilize with the short mouthpiece that works good but too bulky for out and about.

(Tagged the wrong Alan btw) but in my experience the answer is no as Kero said, it is the opposite. Hotter and harsher, though the wood can condition the vapor a bit as you break it in (you can taste the wood too with many types, though that also breaks in with use). Draw method is the best way to manage harsh vapor in my experience too, I also can be sensitive but still do fine with the stock short stem on the go and longer stems at home. Have a few bent stems that are great for smoothing out hits, but unfortunately stock screens don't really fit them so its far from ideal... I just want a regular RBT long stem that's bent damnit! (420edc's is nice though, I'll post my review of that at some point, in his thread too, I am mostly using rimmed baskets with it but its lose when not in the Mi, nice to hit upside down)

Found the pictures. I love everything! Those stems look really nice, and that Milaana is unreal.

Ah there ya go! I was just gonna say they werent too far back! I have a couple wood stem prototypes from Ed too posted somewhere in here too, but they don't work as well being different to the stock glass stems in various ways... One is a blackwood WonG and one is a maple medium length narrow ID stem

Last edited:

OyVape

@b0, have you tried @DDave's V3 glass cooling chamber? To me it is cooler than any other stem, his other mods included. So cool, in fact, that I often can't even feel the vapor! So it might not be so good to learn on, at least at first. It does seem to cut down on the flavor though. I keep experimenting with other glass stems but I keep coming back to the DDave V3.

b0

Cloudy...
@b0, have you tried @DDave's V3 glass cooling chamber? To me it is cooler than any other stem, his other mods included. So cool, in fact, that I often can't even feel the vapor! So it might not be so good to learn on, at least at first. It does seem to cut down on the flavor though. I keep experimenting with other glass stems but I keep coming back to the DDave V3.

Haven't tried that one, but I have a gong 18 to 14 that I use with one of the "pinnacle" bubblers and should be similar (althought @DDave's one is much more convenient cause you don't any adapters and works straight away) I pretty much like it, but I just like it more with a thin disc of hemp fiber. I usually do a little worm of fiber and roll it like if it was an spiral, making a thin disc that I put in a screen midway in the mouthpiece.

Flavour is much better than with water filtration, it's super smooth and it's easier to use.

I have it in both my 14mm mouthpiece and 18mm, IME it's a must if you have any problems with throat/lungs cause of particles or harsh/dry vapor.

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
I find that 18mm with the stock Mi stem length is really at the limit of what my throat can endure: it's borderline and sometimes it's just fine, sometimes it's a tad too hot and dry. Using longer stems like in the Zion gives a completely different experience and improves taste (it's like my taste/smell buds react stronger with colder vapor, the cooler the tastier it feels)

I also find that using a 14mm stem of the same stock length, like the MVT or Project Pure SF ones feels usually cooler (or at least the hot air jet is more focused and easier to support)

So while I prefer longer 18mm stems overall, for the sake of ultra-portability and stealth, short 14mm might get my preference (although I really enjoy the iHeat with Alan's wooden stem, even if it's shorter than the Mi one and in light of the discussion above should feel hotter due to the material also, but temperature control must surely help)

btka

I think that's why I keep seeing folks preferring a slightly dirty screen.

ISO soaked my screens... and it is really hard to get this nice clouds I got with my dirty screen...I did not use it since then... is there a way to get the screen faster dirty without spending to much herb... because I have to be economical with my herb... i am runningmout of it...

btka,
Reactions: Jill NYC

SpudBob

I have the DDave V3 also. How is the fit??? Dave told me it would fit both the Tubo and the Milaana but it is wobbly/loose in the Milaana.I emailed Dave but he hasn't answered me as of yet???I did all the preorder measurements and its got the 1" spacing from the lip to the screen of the female recepticle.I had to make a shim for mine out of a penny sized piece of aluminum can. Its not in the vapor path as it only extends partway down the shank/female glass insert of the Milaana. Makes a nice tight fit now though.

Also I read that you CAN use it with water, as/like a bubbler, but can't figure out how to get water in/out of the V3. Getting water in is pretty straight forward but how the hell do you get it out???????

Im also going to try bO's trick of using a pre filter made of hemp/screen in the stem. Hopefully that will tame the vapor down to be able to use my short RBT black stem!

Last edited:

rosedale

I think that's why I keep seeing folks preferring a slightly dirty screen.

I got a wooden stem off of a seller on Reddit. It had a screen that was much finer mesh and the clouds are huge! I am not sure how much is from wood vs glass and how much is from the screen but the finer mesh could very easily simulate a dirty screen.

Last edited:

Vapetrees

Vaped Out
ISO soaked my screens... and it is really hard to get this nice clouds I got with my dirty screen...I did not use it since then... is there a way to get the screen faster dirty without spending to much herb... because I have to be economical with my herb... i am runningmout of it...
What if you use more than one screen at the same time? Like stack two or three over each other. Another thing I did was put a chunk off a nugg into the stem. It restricted the airflow and I was able to hit it about four times yesterday and it still had more to go. However, it's a moon rock so it has hash as well. I found the Milaana works with hash it just takes longer to start getting vapor.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

Grind your herb on the finer side (not too fine, but a little more than medium fine though that should work as well) and pack it down a bit. That will allow you to use a smaller tight pack load that restricts airflow aaaaand gets the screen dirtier faster. Courser grinds loosely packed keep the screens cleaner over time in my recent experience getting lazier with my grinding level. Of course you can always slow your draw to help too, but I know that draw technique can be so subjective for each individual user...

@Ratchett and @Alan both have screens made with finer mesh available. I prefer the RBT screens however, as I keep mentioning. Really want them to fit in all my 18mm stems, though they do let more particulates through that can irritate throat more than heat even (since I can usually control heat well to keep things smooth with my draw and triggering). So yeah hemp fiber is a good idea too, I find it too restrictive though, I guess I should be using a tiny piece

AJS

Calm Consistency
I also find that using a 14mm stem of the same stock length, like the MVT or Project Pure SF ones feels usually cooler (or at least the hot air jet is more focused and easier to support)
I have a long 14mm stem ddave threw in for me a long time ago. Really interesting how it works. Reduces airflow quite a bit too, it never gets used tho.

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Hello Boys and Girls,

Can't wait to catch up on the thread. Still loving my Milaana(s) and doing well. Wound up buying a walnut, but in all honesty, maple is better suited for heat. I did have a few really old, tried and true units that I got kinda creative with. Recently, I've gone back to wordworking, and...

I also just completed the chest the units are sitting on. Basically, I did a complete transplant, copying specs really close except for enlarging the unit a bit for the size of my hands, and for better heat resistance. I also flipped the grain horizontally for 2 reasons (better way to glue bottom, no end grain, looks real cool) And it works like a charm! Ryan designed an awesome unit, so much so, I was able to take it apart, and recreate it in another wood body.

Love the Maple on Steroids unit.

PS: finish not complete. still have many coats of oil to apply.

UHDZF4t.jpg

cRQ7Iq4.jpg

guNmv9u.jpg
Hdr8nl9.jpg

Last edited:

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Excellent man! So are you saying that we can now send you our broken Milaana's for a repair and lifting job and not just to RBT anymore?

:brow:

Bonus question: did you enlarge your battery hole to support 20700 cells? If not, why?

Last edited:

Cl4ud3

Hello Boys and Girls,

Can't wait to catch up on the thread. Still loving my Milaana(s) and doing well. Wound up buying a walnut, but in all honesty, maple is better suited for heat. I did have a few really old, tried and true units that I got kinda creative with. Recently, I've gone back to wordworking, and...

I also just completed the chest the units are sitting on. Basically, I did a complete transplant, copying specs really close except for enlarging the unit a bit for the size of my hands, and for better heat resistance. I also flipped the grain horizontally for 2 reasons (better way to glue bottom, no end grain, looks real cool) And it works like a charm! Ryan designed an awesome unit, so much so, I was able to take it apart, and recreate it in another wood body.

UHDZF4t.jpg

cRQ7Iq4.jpg

guNmv9u.jpg
Hdr8nl9.jpg
That's an excellent job there, seriously impressive, and the grain is amazing.

Bonus question: did you enlarge you battery hole to support 20700 cells? If not, why?

This I want to know too :science:

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
What's awesome is how great it works. I stuck to high standards in build quality. Took me a couple of times to not make a dumb mistake. All in all, not bad if you go slow and think it through. Once I did it twice, I was actually good at it. The body is beefier, to hold the heat better. After I purchased a walnut unit, I realized that the unit's heat absorbing capability matters. My walnut unit gets hot.

I'm sitting here sucking on a bowl that is lasting long, tasting great. I did need to stuff up the vent hole with some hemp fibers. I actually could use even more. But Max hits like a freakin' beast.

Thank God it works, I'd hate to see something that pretty (sorry Max), not work!

Vapetrees

Vaped Out
Hello Boys and Girls,

UHDZF4t.jpg

cRQ7Iq4.jpg

guNmv9u.jpg
Hdr8nl9.jpg
That's unreal it looks amazing. Can't believe you did that yourself.

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
@Bravesst: check in the DIY section when you got some time. I posted a small blog about my Milaana modification to accept the new larger cell format. Seeing what you did, it would just be a formality for you... heh!
Changing the battery hole, post construction, without any marring, might be doable.

What is the size of the new battery? Longer = problem. Wider by a bit = minor challenge.

On the other hand, I'm about to disassemble and rebuild another older unit, dreaming up designs right now. Might even go purchase wood specifically for the project vs using scraps from around the shop. Love to hear any design suggestions on size, shape, features!!!

Last question, can I get real 20700 cells on Amazon?

mucsusn

60 going on 20
Changing the battery hole, post construction, without any marring, might be doable.

What is the size of the new battery? Longer = problem. Wider by a bit = minor challenge.

On the other hand, I'm about to disassemble and rebuild another older unit, dreaming up designs right now. Might even go purchase wood specifically for the project vs using scraps from around the shop. Love to hear any design suggestions on size, shape, features!!!

Last question, can I get real 20700 cells on Amazon?
Amazon is a bit iffy for batts....I highly recommend imrbatteries.com

Great service fast shipping

almost there

That's the easy part, just be lazy and let ur spent material sit and cool in the stem before emptying. All the sticky resin will harden and make a nice dirty screen for u

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom