Discontinued The RBT Milaana (unregulated single 18650)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I should have one of these in my hands soon. I was curious what size stem is most popular? I was wanting to get a glass lined wood one from @Alan and needed to know what size I should grab. I was thinking whatever the medium size is. Thx for your feedback.

I do like medium length, though my wood stems from Alan are the standard short size, which I do prefer for out and about however

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
I got two more 2/12 inch maple stems from Alan ordered! I already have two maple, and it's all I use. Been micro dosing, really the only way I use Mi. Only thing is, I probably avg about 20 stems a day, more or less (probably more, one day I gotta count).

Sitting here sipping on Walnut makes me appreciate how much tweaking went into this individual Milaana, allowing me to hit that "sweet spot" just about every time.

Thanks RBT !

Modicum

@Bravest It's good to hear from you! My Milaana is of maple parentage also. I've gotten many glass stems (long; short) from RBT but I'm curious. I have thought
of wooden stems, but I love the taste of the Mi and afraid the wood might screwup the flavor and even give off heat. But you with your 2/12 inch maple stems from
Alan, got me thinking, as you usually do. Could he be right? Please explain the diffent feelings you have in the wood vs. glass scenario. Thank you & Be Well.

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
I'm really wanting to push my Milaana through water, but none of my 18 m2m glass fits right. Two local smoke shops don't have the right glass either.

Anyone know of an online source?

Hey man!

Is it cause the ground joint is too long?
If so, just get some 120 grit sandpaper and a block and sand it down. Don't forget to use some running tap water too to prevent glass from cracking and not have glass dust flying around.
I could fix all my Chinese /ISO sized joints like that.

Good luck bro! :)

Otherwise contact mike @Oregonglassblower He'll make you a perfect fitting and sturdy one. Great guy to deal with.

Edit: Thanks @Cl4ud3 ! Of course!! Mark is fantastic, too!! :tup:

Last edited:

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
@Bravest It's good to hear from you! My Milaana is of maple parentage also. I've gotten many glass stems (long; short) from RBT but I'm curious. I have thought
of wooden stems, but I love the taste of the Mi and afraid the wood might screwup the flavor and even give off heat. But you with your 2/12 inch maple stems from
Alan, got me thinking, as you usually do. Could he be right? Please explain the diffent feelings you have in the wood vs. glass scenario. Thank you & Be Well.

I thought the same thing about the wood breaking down. It does not. Currently, my 2 workhorses, held up just fine. The inside of the tube get's coated with ABV. I never use any solvents on them for cleaning, just kinda brush out the big stuff when I clean screens (often, I like clean, free flowing screens). If anything, the maple ads nice flavor.

I reminded of Alan's Hi with the wood taper built right into the body, no glass. Maple stands up the temps Mi throws at it, no problem. I also like the way wood feels vs glass. Softer edges. There is no negative about Alan's tubes.

Modicum

@omg i.s.h. You are so entertaining. I can watch you review anything I think. Getting back to Milaana you can take it out for the day using the same method as in the FW4. I carry a case with 4 preloaded stems with rubber caps. Its great and the ritual is the same. You end up carrying 2 things in both cases ,with the Milanna
taking up slightly more real estate.You are correct it's power is that of a tabletop vape and having that power in your pocket is sublime. Great video!

Danksta

@omg i.s.h. You are so entertaining. I can watch you review anything I think. Getting back to Milaana you can take it out for the day using the same method as in the FW4. I carry a case with 4 preloaded stems with rubber caps. Its great and the ritual is the same. You end up carrying 2 things in both cases ,with the Milanna
taking up slightly more real estate.You are correct it's power is that of a tabletop vape and having that power in your pocket is sublime. Great video!

Where could one find those rubber caps?

Danksta,

Dynavaper

Karma Farmer
And, by the way, @ohmygodimsohigh: The sudden appearance of Bob Ross in your "Davinci IQ Review" nearly killed me. I was just sucking on my Vapcap and Bob was totally unexpected. I coughed my soul out while laughing...

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I could fix all my Chinese /ISO sized joints like that.
Interestingly, all but one of the M2Ms I got with Chinese glass came US jointed. Even the curved MP that came with my UFO.
I'm really wanting to push my Milaana through water, but none of my 18 m2m glass fits right. Two local smoke shops don't have the right glass either.
I have had poor luck finding US jointed glass in LHSs. Most of my other accessories (adapters and mouth pieces) have been made by @Oregonglassblower because he will customize them however I like. He may be a few dollars more than some other vendors, but his work is great and he delivers quickly. And he cares if the customer is satisfied.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Ebay is also a good source, and if the seller doesn't know, all he has to do is measure the joint length. US is 22mm, and ISO is 26mm. We want 22mm, but less is ok too. At 21 or 20mm there is plenty of room for a rimmed screen.

Modicum

@Danksta I got mine from Ratchett Delta3DStudios.You can also reach out to RBT sites : 420EDC and Planet Vape , they should have them.
Arizer & Magic Flight have similar stems but smaller , ask first.

Modicum,
Reactions: vapen00b

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Okay, I've got to sacrifice myself for research. You all know I own, owned, lots of Milaanas. Recently I've got into revamping and old Mi or two into a custom body. After a 2 prototypes that worked, and a few that just got to the body stage, I realized I needed to do some testing.

With that, I needed another brand new Milaana (have one new walnut unit that cooks, so I got a maple - Thanks @cannabis.pro for the stellar service and 2 day delivery) to be sure I have two top notch units for, eh... research purposes.

I'm putting together another test model, assembly is going well, but it might be awhile before I finalize. Building a custom Milaana is lots of fun, I really want to put my personal signature on this.

I'm sitting here working my ass off right now. It's tough work, but somebody's gotta do it.
:rolleyes:

:cool:

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
Thanks @Cl4ud3 and @vapen00b - very helpful!!

---

Oh, I put together a video comparing and contrasting the Milaana with the Firewood 4.
I think it's my favorite!!

Very welcome, good sir! :)

And great video - thanks for making these! Always a pleasure to watch! :tup:

@ohmygodimsohigh, if you do try sanding glass, please be carefu about glass dust. Good idea to wear some kind of mask and safety glasses or goggles. You don't want any of that in your body!

Thanks for stressing that. NEVER do this 'dry', ALWAYS use water when grinding/sanding glass!!!!

Interestingly, all but one of the M2Ms I got with Chinese glass came US jointed. Even the curved MP that came with my UFO.

I have had poor luck finding US jointed glass in LHSs. Most of my other accessories (adapters and mouth pieces) have been made by @Oregonglassblower because he will customize them however I like. He may be a few dollars more than some other vendors, but his work is great and he delivers quickly. And he cares if the customer is satisfied.

Yeh, sorry... I put it in a bad way.
Didn't mean that Chinese glass must necessarily be ISO or totally different standard stuff. Some of my Chinese stuff does fit w/o problem. But you never know what you get. From my experience the tapered parts of the joint are like to be too long for US standard to make a proper connection.
Just my pennies. :)

Dynavaper

Karma Farmer
Yeah! My Milaana is just 20kms away from me! :)
Unfortunately, it is at the local Customs office waiting for release, which means that I have to drive there and hope that they will not force me to open the parcel.
And another thing that is unfortunate: The Customs office is not open on Saturdays, so I have to wait until Monday. Those will be two very long days... ;)
Prepare for some unboxing photos and my first "review" at the beginning of next week if everything goes right!

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
I cannot imagine being miles away from one Milaana. I don't feel right, unless I have at least 3, finely tuned, ass kicking Milaana's on duty, with 2 in standby mode. Wish I could lend you one of mine @Dynavaper !

With that said, I'm waiting for pics to upload on build 3. It's a hair thinner, curves, grain flipped, blah, blah... if upload finishes before I have to leave for work, I'll post.

I'm calling this prototype Naked Maple
I'll have her out and about with me today.

gPEfe64.jpg

phIhhNi.jpg

Last edited:

Vapetrees

Vaped Out
Enjoying the Mi right now with a Pale Ale. I have to say the Mi is an amazing vaporizer. Great flavor and being able to control the temperature is really fun. I have learned to ride the heat and can get really dense vapor, or light vapor with a lot of flavor. I am going to start buying more strains based on how good they smell because I can taste everything with the Mi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom