Discontinued The RBT Milaana (unregulated single 18650)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
I have a question @KeroZen
In taking apart my old Mi's and transplanting into new bodies, I do have a problem maintaining the integrity of the stranded wire. Working with longer lengths of new wire would just make the whole process easier. What type of wire is running from heater (uninsulated) and from switch to battery (insulated). It's stranded, not copper. Damn, I'm tired of fussing with short lengths of frayed wires....
TIA

Bravesst,
Reactions: KeroZen

vapenerd

That seems to be saying a lot, because people who LOVE their Mighty's seem to REALLY LOVE their Mighty's.
I love the Mighty. It's a brilliant vaporizer. But I also love the Milaana.

So I was wondering what vape gives me more hits per gram. The Mi, right? Well check this:

d348f4108567dd39d3053daf229ad6790c64e4ee.jpg

Yes, I counted the number of hits I got with my last few sessions :freak:

I got vaporless hits with the Milaana, never with the Mighty. Both vapes are similarly efficient when it comes to g/hits. Even through water I get .011 g/hit with the Mighty. Never used the Mi with a bong.

Mighty: Ease of use, great battery life, 100% vapor guarantee, grind consistency and loading technique don't really matter, perfect for group vaping and longer sessions, not ideal for micro dosing (although possible)

Mi: Instant on demand vapor, hit and go, so much fun to use, gives you a warm and fuzzy feeling, looks stunning, perfect for micro dosing and spreading a load over several days, not ideal for group vaping.

Two very different vapes, both amazing.

sickmanfraud

I love the Mighty. It's a brilliant vaporizer. But I also love the Milaana.

So I was wondering what vape gives me more hits per gram. The Mi, right? Well check this:

d348f4108567dd39d3053daf229ad6790c64e4ee.jpg

Yes, I counted the number of hits I got with my last few sessions :freak:

I got vaporless hits with the Milaana, never with the Mighty. Both vapes are similarly efficient when it comes to g/hits. Even through water I get .011 g/hit with the Mighty. Never used the Mi with a bong.

Mighty: Ease of use, great battery life, 100% vapor guarantee, grind consistency and loading technique don't really matter, perfect for group vaping and longer sessions, not ideal for micro dosing (although possible)

Mi: Instant on demand vapor, hit and go, so much fun to use, gives you a warm and fuzzy feeling, looks stunning, perfect for micro dosing and spreading a load over several days, not ideal for group vaping.

Two very different vapes, both amazing.

Your screen name fits you 100%

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Okay, it seems that there is "tinned" copper stranded wire. Now it's just a matter of gauge. I know it's less that 14 (if it's measured the same as solid copper wire). I'm thinking maybe 16, 18, or 20??? Electric ppl - help!

Bravesst,
Reactions: KeroZen

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
@Bravesst : don't know if we can discuss this publicly as it's getting very close to what constitutes Ryan's trade secrets or not.

AFAIK it's more silver plated wires than tin. The problem will be how you join the new electrodes to the heater, that's the tricky part.

Last edited:

cannabis.pro

aka 420EDC
Accessory Maker
I'm from Europe and ordered @ https://www.420edc.com/rbt-milaana/ when it was available. Best send 'em an email. Very happy customer. Yes, you'll have to pay customs. The Mi is worth it though, excellent vape.

Thank you for the kind words here. We appreciate your support and are glad you are happy with the Milaana purchase!

Nice work on that chart as well!

cannabis.pro

aka 420EDC
Accessory Maker
Whoo whoo whoo! The Milaana has been shipped... Imagine a 220lbs Yeti dancing around. :)
@cannabis.pro: Will I receive a tracking number? I have "only" received the Paypal shipment confirmation...

Well, I am really excited. Hopefully it will not take too long!
Tracking should be there now. Got all orders out just under the wire today. Wishing for safe travels of your package! Enjoy

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Attempt 2. I rebuilt an older, original unit that I don't even remember how I got it. I just fired it it... Works very nice, but there seems to be a break in period. Or, supposedly the initial units were slower, colder... not sure why. Could also be adjusting the vent as I made it a bit smaller. Don't think it matters much, needs to be stuffed up either way.

There is one coat of oil on it, that might be all I do. Notice the triangular shape with one curved edge (thumb side). It's also got a bead running along the bottom, creating a foot of sorts. The button side is wide, plenty of mass to absorb excess heat. Battery side is narrow, fit's nicely in my had. It's shorter and wider than my last build. Regardless if this heater turns out to be a bit behind, this may be a go to design.

3GvSv2Q.jpg

DdJkern.jpg

V1qCHEJ.jpg

3ntj1ks.jpg

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Attempt 2. I rebuilt an older, original unit that I don't even remember how I got it. I just fired it it... Works very nice, but there seems to be a break in period. Or, supposedly the initial units were slower, colder... not sure why. Could also be adjusting the vent as I made it a bit smaller. Don't think it matters much, needs to be stuffed up either way.

There is one coat of oil on it, that might be all I do. Notice the triangular shape with one curved edge (thumb side). It's also got a bead running along the bottom, creating a foot of sorts. The button side is wide, plenty of mass to absorb excess heat. Battery side is narrow, fit's nicely in my had. It's shorter and wider than my last build. Regardless if this heater turns out to be a bit behind, this may be a go to design.

3GvSv2Q.jpg

DdJkern.jpg

V1qCHEJ.jpg

3ntj1ks.jpg

:whoa: amazing man! Good to have you back here

AJS

Calm Consistency
Made a little Milaana review for everyone! It's a little long .. and maybe boring, sorry haha. More informative than anything else. *Note* .. I don't have the lighting set up to show clouds...they were definitely there.
I'll get you guys some clouds soon to make up for it ;)

AJS

Calm Consistency
"I ground up my good bud here, because - you know - just the best for this video"... (00:01:37) :)
Thank you so much - There are indeed not many good Milaana video reviews out there!
You're totally welcome! Thanks for the kind words too! Really believe you'll enjoy your Milaana man. The butternut is really cool and there aren't a lot out there...excited to see her!

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
Made a little Milaana review for everyone! It's a little long .. and maybe boring, sorry haha. More informative than anything else. *Note* .. I don't have the lighting set up to show clouds...they were definitely there.
I'll get you guys some clouds soon to make up for it ;)

Great vid, my friend.
Must confess I haven't paid attention for the whole runtime, but what I saw and heard was great stuff. :):tup:

Thanks for being one of the most faithful RBT members :)
Always great to see your contributions!

@Bravesst Geez, it's been a WHILE! Good to have ya back in here. I really thought of you once in a while...glad to see you back and in good shape - like your diy mi's :)
Hope you came to stay ;) Always appreciate your view of the things!

Have a great day fellow RBT ers :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom