Discontinued The RBT Milaana (unregulated single 18650)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AJS

Calm Consistency
@AJS thank you for the videos and infos... I would not have bought a milaana without you... In my opinion AJS should be rewarded @cannabis.pro @RastaBuddhaTao for this...
Dude thanks so much for this, it really means a lot! I just love my Milaana and I guess the vibe spreads around haha. No compensation needed!

so I am counting now to 11 and then take a steady slow drow until I feel the heat in my throat//mouth then I let the knob off and draw faster... if you are not after big clouds, you can start to inhale after 5 sec. pushing the knob so the taste will be better but smaller clouds...
Careful on the longer preheat .. the Milaana isn't built to get red hot. Can charr the wood around the heater. It's better for the health of the unit to preheat for about 5-6 seconds instead and pull slow to feel the rise i heat then pulse it .. as opposed to getting it red hot, getting vapor faster, then letting off.
Plus...when you give 5 seconds and slowly inhale, you get a full terp flavor profile from like 250-400 degrees, and that full range of active ingredients too. 5 seconds and then a slow, SLOW, (SSLOOOWW) pull for a few seconds to get the heater to temp is optimal for me.

It's not necessarily the temperature of the heater, but the temperature of the weed itself that is needed. Whether or not the heater is super hot or moderately hot, it still needs a good few seconds of drawing through the herb until you'll start feeling that resin in your mouth. Just something to keep in mind.

Heh. For a while that vid sounded like one of my babbling brook sound files that Alexa plays for me when I am trying to drown out street sounds and sleep. I think I need a long looping version of that... ;)
:lol::D:haw:

Edit: @Vapetrees
Glad the positive thoughts pushed the milaanamailman to do his job at top notch speeds. Looking forward to your thoughts! Hopefully you pick up on it quickly!

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
so I am counting now to 11 and then take a steady slow drow until I feel the heat in my throat//mouth then I let the knob off and draw faster... if you are not after big clouds, you can start to inhale after 5 sec. pushing the knob so the taste will be better but smaller clouds...
if you want bigger clouds push knob, count to 11... start to draw if you feel vapor is forming make a test puff if younsee a small cloud when exhaling... take a big fast draw -》 big cloud but the top of the herb will be a little bit charred (do not know if you can say it combusted, there is no ash, a tiny black spot in your herb on top...) but the taste is kot the greatest... I could not really tell differences between d6fferent herbs, but I get big clouds...

Yeah I think it is spoiling the taste when you get those scorch spots, happens more with my V1 when not careful, but my purpleheart is much more refined. For me I am not really preheating, but riding the terps to guide my draw and trigger technique, riding the full profile as AJS says. The taste is incredible for me, picking out every fine detail of every specific strain and every individual herb. It is so pure that it is all I really use to sense my hits and how I know when to cash the bowl, when taste fades turning unpleasant (the taste of cooked weed, some enjoy it, some prefer the moist resinous terps over dryer herbs that may yield larger clouds). So if you tried to prioritize your taste buds over your cloudy extraction goals btka, I think you might find the flavors you are looking for and may even be surprised by the strong effects as AJS described. Glad to hear you are getting the performance you desire for the most part and are very satisfied with your Milaana now either way. Another example of how versatile the RBT technology is for a variety of different users!

Vapetrees

Vaped Out
Dude thanks so much for this, it really means a lot! I just love my Milaana and I guess the vibe spreads around haha. No compensation needed!

Careful on the longer preheat .. the Milaana isn't built to get red hot. Can charr the wood around the heater. It's better for the health of the unit to preheat for about 5-6 seconds instead and pull slow to feel the rise i heat then pulse it .. as opposed to getting it red hot, getting vapor faster, then letting off.
Plus...when you give 5 seconds and slowly inhale, you get a full terp flavor profile from like 250-400 degrees, and that full range of active ingredients too. 5 seconds and then a slow, SLOW, (SSLOOOWW) pull for a few seconds to get the heater to temp is optimal for me.

It's not necessarily the temperature of the heater, but the temperature of the weed itself that is needed. Whether or not the heater is super hot or moderately hot, it still needs a good few seconds of drawing through the herb until you'll start feeling that resin in your mouth. Just something to keep in mind.

:lol::D:haw:

Edit: @Vapetrees
Glad the positive thoughts pushed the milaanamailman to do his job at top notch speeds. Looking forward to your thoughts! Hopefully you pick up on it quickly!
Yeah it's out for delivery now. I have my gf waiting on the mail. I've texted her three times already lol. I think I'll figure it out quickly, it took me a little while to figure out the Vapcap and I combusted only once lol.
Yeah I think it is spoiling the taste when you get those scorch spots, happens more with my V1 when not careful, but my purpleheart is much more refined. For me I am not really preheating, but riding the terps to guide my draw and trigger technique, riding the full profile as AJS says. The taste is incredible for me, picking out every fine detail of every specific strain and every individual herb. It is so pure that it is all I really use to sense my hits and how I know when to cash the bowl, when taste fades turning unpleasant (the taste of cooked weed, some enjoy it, some prefer the moist resinous terps over dryer herbs that may yield larger clouds). So if you tried to prioritize your taste buds over your cloudy extraction goals btka, I think you might find the flavors you are looking for and may even be surprised by the strong effects as AJS described. Glad to hear you are getting the performance you desire for the most part and are very satisfied with your Milaana now either way. Another example of how versatile the RBT technology is for a variety of different users!
I was going to say this is how I'm going to start using it. Inhaling as I press the button no priming. I want to try low temp hits before I start ripping on it.

MonkeyTime

Yeah it's out for delivery now. I have my gf waiting on the mail. I've texted her three times already lol. I think I'll figure it out quickly, it took me a little while to figure out the Vapcap and I combusted only once lol.

I was going to say this is how I'm going to start using it. Inhaling as I press the button no priming. I want to try low temp hits before I start ripping on it.

You may want to try the 3-5 second preheat and then draw slow style like @AJS described to start. (Especially with stock stems) They're wide open and the feedback is a lot quicker and a little easier to feel.

When I'm relaxing I'lI often run it the way @Shit Snacks described, but I still have to pay attention or I'll be a sad panda. It's a little more advanced technique, or something to try on the second bowl!

Good luck my friend, I'm sure you'll enjoy!

Vapetrees

Vaped Out
You may want to try the 3-5 second preheat and then draw slow style like @AJS described to start. (Especially with stock stems) They're wide open and the feedback is a lot quicker and a little easier to feel.

When I'm relaxing I'lI often run it the way @Shit Snacks described, but I still have to pay attention or I'll be a sad panda. It's a little more advanced technique, or something to try on the second bowl!

On my way home and I'm feeling better. So I'll give it a go. I have some super glue, tangie, and jack herer.

EDIT: Just used it and the first time I failed. No vapor. I found I had out the screen to high up on the joint, I fixed it and set it lower. I managed to get one good low temp hit with a nice cloud. Flavor was really good and the effect as well. I put it down to go eat so I didn't hit it more. I then put some coconut oil on it, and let it sit on my stand for a bit. My doggo managed to get to it and started licking it:rofl:. Luckily all is well and she didn't bite it. Now I have to make sure to keep it away from her.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

On my way home and I'm feeling better. So I'll give it a go. I have some super glue, tangie, and jack herer.

EDIT: Just used it and the first time I failed. No vapor. I found I had out the screen to high up on the joint, I fixed it and set it lower. I managed to get one good low temp hit with a nice cloud. Flavor was really good and the effect as well. I put it down to go eat so I didn't hit it more. I then put some coconut oil on it, and let it sit on my stand for a bit. My doggo managed to get to it and started licking it:rofl:. Luckily all is well and she didn't bite it. Now I have to make sure to keep it away from her.

Haha another pooch chewed up someone's wooden stem I believe too, every animal wants to get their mouth around a Milaana! Enjoy

Vapetrees

Vaped Out
Haha another pooch chewed up someone's wooden stem I believe too, every animal wants to get their mouth around a Milaana! Enjoy
Thanks I'm enjoying it so far. It's got a learning curve. I am getting the hang of it and I have gotten some good low temperature hits. Interestingly the flavor has been good throughout all the bowls, with no charring.

btka

thank you my friend!

@AJS and you are right I am sacrificing taste for bigger clouds...
and yes 5sec pre heat is the best of both worlds taste and clouds (especially native)...

Another question when I first got my milaana I could hardly combust or get black spot in the stem... and I also had problems with the knob I had to push the knob really hard to get heat... also someone mentioned it needs some time to work as it should...It seems like it is running hotter now and the knob is also more reactive... now it works much better... maybe also my technique got better...

Vapetrees

Vaped Out
thank you my friend!

@AJS and you are right I am sacrificing taste for bigger clouds...
and yes 5sec pre heat is the best of both worlds taste and clouds (especially native)...

Another question when I first got my milaana I could hardly combust or get black spot in the stem... and I also had problems with the knob I had to push the knob really hard to get heat... also someone mentioned it needs some time to work as it should...It seems like it is running hotter now and the knob is also more reactive... now it works much better... maybe also my technique got better...
I was learning last night that it doesn't like a fast draw at the beginning. I had to draw really slow, feel the heat and then take a big draw. I'm learning it little by little and I gotta say it's a really nice vape. It looks better in person, and it feels really nice. I've never owned a wooden vape and pictures just don't do it justice.

sickmanfraud

is this the 2017 version of "the dog ate my homework"?

HD Springer

I was learning last night that it doesn't like a fast draw at the beginning. I had to draw really slow, feel the heat and then take a big draw. I'm learning it little by little and I gotta say it's a really nice vape. It looks better in person, and it feels really nice. I've never owned a wooden vape and pictures just don't do it justice.

Exactly. If a person were to start inhailing as least amount that you can. Less then a whisper if you will. Then as the heat starts to ramp up so does the rate at which you are inhaling. This will give you the very best flavors and some of the biggest hits. IMO. If you struggle taking anything longer then a 3 second pull then I'd suggest doing it in multiple hits. Take the first few low temp hits then do a pre heat type hit.

There's quite a bit more technique needed for any convection vaporizer. Let alone a unregulated convection vaporizer. However the pay offs are so fucking HUGE. imo. I really feel what makes the Milaana so much easier/better to use is the power. The ability to combust or char yet the control to be able to ride that vapor wave. Love love love all that goddamn power.

It's awesome seeing and reading about all the new users and owners. Welcome Fam!!!!!

Vapetrees

Vaped Out
Exactly. If a person were to start inhailing as least amount that you can. Less then a whisper if you will. Then as the heat starts to ramp up so does the rate at which you are inhaling. This will give you the very best flavors and some of the biggest hits. IMO. If you struggle taking anything longer then a 3 second pull then I'd suggest doing it in multiple hits. Take the first few low temp hits then do a pre heat type hit.

There's quite a bit more technique needed for any convection vaporizer. Let alone a unregulated convection vaporizer. However the pay offs are so fucking HUGE. imo. I really feel what makes the Milaana so much easier/better to use is the power. The ability to combust or char yet the control to be able to ride that vapor wave. Love love love all that goddamn power.

It's awesome seeing and reading about all the new users and owners. Welcome Fam!!!!!
Thanks! I have some more testing to go today. I'll have to choose a day time strain , so Jack Herer it is. It's been so tasty and I think today I'll get even better at using the Mi. I haven't taken it to high temperatures yet because my throat is recovering from a sinus infection, however low temp hits are so flavorful.

Vapetrees

Vaped Out
Also to the new people .. freshly cleaned screens tend to be harder to use. Once they get coated in oil and other gunk it hits smoother with more leeway. That initial few bowls can be harsh until that builds.
I haven't felt it being harsh unless I ride the wave too long. I can say this Vaporizer is the best tasting I've ever had. The taste is unreal. I can't believe how good it is. I love that it's all glass, brings back memories of my OG solo. However, this tastes even better than the solo. No popcorn taste, the vapor is smooth and it feels really cool when I chase flavor. I think I got the hang of it and I may try and go through water, but I haven't felt the need. Anyone reading this, I highly recommend this vaporizer. It won't take over my GH but it's pretty amazing for what it is.

Does anyone know where to buy wooden stems with glass inside the stem? That sounds like something I'd be into.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

I haven't felt it being harsh unless I ride the wave too long. I can say this Vaporizer is the best tasting I've ever had. The taste is unreal. I can't believe how good it is. I love that it's all glass, brings back memories of my OG solo. However, this tastes even better than the solo. No popcorn taste, the vapor is smooth and it feels really cool when I chase flavor. I think I got the hang of it and I may try and go through water, but I haven't felt the need. Anyone reading this, I highly recommend this vaporizer. It won't take over my GH but it's pretty amazing for what it is.

Does anyone know where to buy wooden stems with glass inside the stem? That sounds like something I'd be into.

Nice, glad you are enjoying man!

@Alan makes all the various wood stem options for the Milaana and more, email him and get started on an order :tup:

Vapetrees

Vaped Out
Nice, glad you are enjoying man!

@Alan makes all the various wood stem options for the Milaana and more, email him and get started on an order :tup:
Emailed him. Thanks. I am now more interested in a short wood stem since I was reading about it, and saw him mention that it conducts less heat so more heat goes to the herb. This sounds interesting to me. Maaaybe it will allow for faster heat up and better extraction? I have no issues with extraction this far but I'll always go with something better. It makes sense though as glass retains heat more so than wood. Can't wait to see what types of woods he has. I've also put away my vapes and am using the Mi exclusively so I can master it and learn all the ins and outs of it. I am totally happy with my purchase @rosedale, thanks for everything.

btka

@Ratchett

a plastic sleeve (soft plastic?) which you can pull over (like a condom ;) ) where you put the stem and insert the battery, would be a great accessorie I think, so you could put it in your pocket without fearing your keys will damage the glass part and from lint falling in the heater...

or how others transport there mi in their pockets without fearing to damage/break glass

the short stem I transport in a battery case for two batteries

btka,

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
@Ratchett

a plastic sleeve (soft plastic?) which you can pull over (like a condom ;) ) where you put the stem and insert the battery, would be a great accessorie I think, so you could put it in your pocket without fearing your keys will damage the glass part and from lint falling in the heater...

or how others transport there mi in their pockets without fearing to damage/break glass

the short stem I transport in a battery case for two batteries

Hmm, that could be a possibility. I am starting to expand my catalog of flexible plastic rubber. Are you thinking about stacking the stem on top of the battery or just capping the top of the stem? Tons of ways to approach it :lol:

Vapetrees

Vaped Out
Hmm, that could be a possibility. I am starting to expand my catalog of flexible plastic rubber. Are you thinking about stacking the stem on top of the battery or just capping the top of the stem? Tons of ways to approach it :lol:
Do you own a Milaana?

Vapetrees,

Razor

By any chance, are you going to be making this with the battery compartment facing AWAY from my face? I know it has a cover on it, but I've seen those things (batteries) go bad and I'd rather have it encased or the blast area pointing away.

Razor,
Reactions: JCharles

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I can't imagine a scenario where the Milaana is redesigned for ANY reason. It would more likely just be a new/different vape.

If you buy quality batteries (read name brands from trustworthy vendors) and make sure to avoid shorts or tears in sleeves, you should have no problems with venting batteries. That being said, there is some degree of danger/risk with ANY device that uses 18650s or other high power lithium batteries, and you need to decide whether the risk is worthwhile.

And may I add that sealing the battery compartment may be a greater risk than not, as there is nowhere for venting to go, tho pointing openings away (as you suggest) may help should an event occur.

Last edited:

HD Springer

By any chance, are you going to be making this with the battery compartment facing AWAY from my face? I know it has a cover on it, but I've seen those things (batteries) go bad and I'd rather have it encased or the blast area pointing away.

It's my understanding the battery's will vent out the top of the battery. so I've been sticking it positive down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom