Discontinued The RBT Milaana (unregulated single 18650)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It might kill you. I love my milaana.
My @DDave concentrate chamber works Great and taste awesome. All glass is nice.

Ill loosely load with herb and dab a little of concentrate on top. And it will rips for a good while.

With just herb only, micro doesing Works decent from my experience. Maybe I'm doing it wrong. Im still trying to figure that part out.

But I do have to ride the button a little longer than normal because the bowl sits a little further when I use the the mod. It gets uncomfortablly hot sometimes. But I'm not combusting so I guess it's.okay? Let us know how you like it!

little maggie

I don't do concentrates and the concentration chamber works great for microdosing. I've always used water with everything but the vapcaps until recently. Now I use my tubo whip with the concentration chamber and milaana which is just as mild to me as using water. But Ddave's stems work great in bubblers as well.

I don't do concentrates and the concentration chamber works great for microdosing. I've always used water with everything but the vapcaps until recently. Now I use my tubo whip with the concentration chamber and milaana which is just as mild to me as using water. But Ddave's stems work great in bubblers as well.
Any pointers when just using herb only?

reeefermadness,
Reactions: Jill NYC

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Second follow-up about the Chinese 14mm female reducer: it definitely improved my hot spot issue, I don't have to turn the stem anymore and I just flip the load once before the end of the session.

It does require some extra button time at first, due to the added glass mass that robs some heat out of the system. But in practice it doesn't change much for me, I'm still getting only 3 sessions per cell, even on the 30Q and HG2.

I still prefer 18mm overall, but 14mm is bloody fine too, I'm getting used to it. This is also what I use in the Project "Pure" and in the MistVape Touch. At home I still prefer the longest 18mm stem in the Zion, it is so smooth. As good as it gets if you don't use water filtration like me.

Now some interesting facts: I made a comparison between the Milaana and the MistVape Touch in terms of battery consumption. Both vapes were used with the exact same 14mm stem, same bowl, same amount of material every time (i.e "one session")

I used the same LG HG2 cell, fully charged. It has a resting voltage of only 4.15V because it has seen many cycles already, but it's otherwise performing fine.

Here are the data points for the Milaana:
- after first session, resting voltage was 4.00V
- after second session it was 3.78V
- after third session it was 3.45V

>> I could get half an extra anemic session but it would put some strain on the cell at this point.

Then for the MVT:
- after the third session, resting voltage was 3.85V
- after the fourth it was 3.73V
- after the fifth it was 3.61V
- after the sixth it was 3.48V

>> At this point trigger time was noticeably longer, could have had an extra session maybe.

I could make a lengthy explanation about why it is the case, but for my very own usage pattern and technique, this is a clear case of "less is more".

PS: for those following along, this is also the philosophy Dan adopted for his next project

Last edited:

AJS

Calm Consistency
I've had so many toys recently that I haven't used my 14mm basket reducer in quite a while. I still recommend it often ... but it's almost gotten to the point to where I forget why I recommend it.

So I packed a 14 stem an got to chiefin.

Oh yeah ... now I remember.

Those clouds ... and flavor is just absurd ...

Ugh.

R63doMQ.jpg

AJS

Calm Consistency
Lmao @AJS!! That cracked me up man! I did receive my milaana today....thanks @Zow237.

Only one problem......my charger and extra battery didn't show up today :(

Zow did send a battery with it but I'm going to wait till I get the other stuff tomorrow to give it a proper try out.

In the mean time, here I sit hitting my vapcap while admiring the Milana. First impressions....looks awesome, love the size and the way it looks and feels in the hand. The basket screen in the 18mm stem is not too big so I'll be able to still micro until I get the 14mm.

I waited a long time to try this vape so one more day ain't gonna kill me.....or is it? :D
Soo??

TheRobbo

Just tried to make a vid for you guys using the Ddave concentration chamber. Which to begin with I was aparently having the same issue as a few people with not getting enough heat in the load...
Well I can assure you that enough heat can be gotten into the load!
This is the third hit and disaster strikes two seconds after I release the button the vapor turns yellow :puke:
Quick run under the hot tap and most of the stink has gone

Edit: Teach me to try and show off and push it too far? Nah I'll probably never learn :freak:

Edit 2: With sound on when you hear the tapping is when I release the button. Whish I knew the temp was still climbing.

Last edited:

Modicum

Turned 2 combuster friends on to Milaana last night, they freaked.They have tried my GH,FW4, & Crafty, never impressed ,only positive reaction was to the Herbie. They pretty much got the hang of Milaana within 20-30 min. & never looked back. The pull ,the taste and the clouds were like "smoking from a corncob pipe". The feeling from the vapor in his lungs was as close to combustion as he ever felt, one of them said. Possible conversion .

TheRobbo

Turned 2 combuster friends on to Milaana last night, they freaked.They have tried my GH,FW4, & Crafty, never impressed ,only positive reaction was to the Herbie. They pretty much got the hang of Milaana within 20-30 min. & never looked back. The pull ,the taste and the clouds were like "smoking from a corncob pipe". The feeling from the vapor in his lungs was as close to combustion as he ever felt, one of them said. Possible conversion .

Do do do do (insert spooky music here) I had the exact same conversation with one of my freinds yesterday. I've Been working on him for a while, @DDave 14mm kit finally got the response I wanted :tup:
The 14mm really is awesome I've found when the bat has done a few stems it hits just the right amount of heat and just pumps out endless clouds. It will never cease to amaze me how much can come from so little product...

Edit: So after having to rinse my mini bubbler to cleanse the stank from my little combustion episode last night, smell is gone but now its all damp in there :doh:
So the only way I could think of to get it out is a quick bake in the oven at its lowest setting... I'll let you know if it works or breaks the glass :mental:

Last edited:

little maggie

I am hoping to build more Milaana in the future. After talking with Ryan last week, the plan is to transition to the Splinter. We built a bunch of Milaana, now we gotta move them to customers.
This makes no sense. I know Ryan talks about a business plan but it seems like he develops a great product and then moves on to another one instead of staying with the ones that are popular and then getting a new one out. What's next? Getting the splinter started on the market and then developing a new product and not continuing to market the splinter. Or Milaana. Yes there are other vapes now that work in a similar way and that I like but I keep coming back to the Milaana. If I'd gotten my zion when they first came out I'd keep coming back to that.

TheRobbo

So after having to rinse my mini bubbler to cleanse the stank from my little combustion episode last night, smell is gone but now its all damp in there :doh:
So the only way I could think of to get it out is a quick bake in the oven at its lowest setting... I'll let you know if it works or breaks the glass :mental:

Quick update on the oven... it did nothing to the glass but did remove the moisture as planned!

cannabis.pro

aka 420EDC
Accessory Maker
This makes no sense. I know Ryan talks about a business plan but it seems like he develops a great product and then moves on to another one instead of staying with the ones that are popular and then getting a new one out. What's next? Getting the splinter started on the market and then developing a new product and not continuing to market the splinter. Or Milaana. Yes there are other vapes now that work in a similar way and that I like but I keep coming back to the Milaana. If I'd gotten my zion when they first came out I'd keep coming back to that.
I don't have an answer for the method to the madness.

cannabis.pro,
Reactions: AJS

Cl4ud3

Current blog update:- from what I see Zion is still moving

Last week another group of Zion wood was moved through the sanding, routing and polishing process. With things now dialed in the last of the Zion bodies will be moved through the process in the coming weeks. The reaming parts such as heaters, glass and electrical harnesses will be completed in parallel. Zion efforts will be balanced with Milaana sales and service and Splinter production to ensure long term goals are met. Please see our plan update for the latest plan.

In other news, the first production intent Splinter was delivered to Vape Dr. for final valiation testing. A second will go out this week to IamKrazy2 with a few improvements based on the first unit. Checkout Vape Dr and IamKrazy2 videos on YouTube.

The Vape Critic, The leading YouTuber ordered a Walnut Milaana with Emerald glass last week. We are asking all RBT supporters to correspond with The Vape Critic to encourage him to make a video review. Last week Milaana hit newsstands in the Products We Love section of DOPE Magazine. In fact, DOPE loved the Milaana so much a Canary Wood Milaana has been selected for the September DOPE social media give-away.

This week will focus on the completion of exotic wood units for select customers as well as the manufacture of Zion components. A special thanks to all who are patient and supportive of our efforts to make RBT a brand that stands out in the sea of plastic vaporizers that are flooding the market. Vape Organic, Vape Local, Vape Different!

Customers can now take advantage of a 10% discount of recently lowered prices using the code StopSmokingPot at checkout.

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Yes, definitely conceivable, at least for ceramic. I'm in contact with a supplier but it's way too early, and I'm not even sure Ryan would be interested...

I think SS would rob too much heat away though.

AJS

Calm Consistency
Quick update on the oven... it did nothing to the glass but did remove the moisture as planned!
You're fuckin weird, sir ... respectfully. Good idea!
_____
Been using my long cobalt stem and slightly cooler Spalted Milaana a lot recently ... currently my favorite way. I strayed away from the 14 a bit but I'm sure I'll be back. It's way more efficient, but I'm just loving chillin on the long 18. Been using it dome style like a log. Got it basket style today tho, reminds me more of the LSV this way.

Such a fuckin killer vape.

ZC

We've talked about the indestructable Mi a lot before actually.

SS would require a complete redesign of the heater since the current heater would short out on the sides at worst or at best the SS would become part of the heater. Either way it requires a significant redesign. By the end it wouldn't be the Mi anymore.

I personally don't see ceramic as a better alternative to glass.

I do recommend a good wooden stem though. My short wood stem @Alan made is still my daily driver and the Mi and stem have survived a few drops from the desk to the hardwood.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom