Discontinued The RBT Milaana (unregulated single 18650)

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those of you finding success with the @DDave V3 Concentration Chamber, how are you hitting it?

I haven't had a lot of time with them yet, I'm getting great flavor, but like the V2 14mm kit, I ride the button almost the whole time. Is that normal?

Fluffy shred, very light tamp, don't think I'm over packing......just not seeing much for vapor?

I got my concentration chamber from @DDave and I'm still learning. I'm having the same problem too. I know not every milaana is not exactly the same since they are handmade, and battery life effects it too.

I like low temp vape then building up the temperature. I get better even hits with my stock stem.

I think I'm using my mod wrong.

The concentration chamber's bowl sits a little futher away from the heating element,then my stock ss basket bowl stem thingy. So I preheat a bit longer and hold it down a lot longer Too. This also concerns me how hot my milaana is getting . I've pack different combinations of grinds and tamping styles to test out. Just having found the right technics yet.. I don't get An even brown. I think holding its from holding down the fire button for so long, Most of the heat is concentrate right in the center so I get a hot spot there(extra dark brown (almost combust, rarely though)

Stiring every draw helps a lot. But that's a hassle every draw. taste like shit with the little random dark brown avb from the dark spot.

In the end I get better even bowls with the same micro dosage as ddaves mod. But I love the glass screen damn it! I'm gonna keep trying.

Any technics FC?

Last edited:

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
Hey FC!

New Quad (4) Preload Stem Pack available!
https://www.ddavemods.com/store/p52/Quad_(4)_Preload_18mm_Stem_Pack.html

Internal Screen + Basket Screen equals a fully enclosed herb chamber! Preload these and take them on the go!

Coupon Code QuadPack5 gets you $5 off! Limited Quantity! 20 available currently!

Quad Pack Contains:
  • 4 x 18mm Custom Glass Stems
  • 5 x 18mm Rimmed Basket Screens
  • 5 x 18mm Internal Rimless Basket Screens
  • 1 Heavy Duty Nylon Carry Case with Belt Clip
ZRJCPiz.jpg

b0

Cloudy...
My experience with the DDave mod is the same. Needs really long press of the battery, so usually battery last less, it vapes uneven so needs stirring more often and that causes the fluffy grind to break into smaller particles that get everywhere in my throat while drawing. As much as I love a good glass path I'm not using it and at some point I was even thinking about sell or try to return it.

And trust me that I really wanted it to work because it's an amazing idea, but I will stick to my OG short stem with 2 screens:

First one in the middle of the stem with a hemp fiber disc and second one for the flowers at the tip close to the heater. This way is easier to control the draw, there is no debris making my throat/lungs sore and it cools down the vapor a bit. And best of all, you have the reclaim in the hemp fiber that you can revape directly and some amazing perfecly clean reclaim on the stem that you can use with hot milk or just directly dab. Usually with a fresh battery I have clouds in just 2 sec preheat and 4-5 sec press while drawing.

Can't take a picture of the inside of my stock steam because its black, but have a couple of a 14mm from my MVT that I uses with my Mi and a reducer:

XBvu3SP.jpg

NoauHl1.jpg

r2fIEm9.jpg

You can see how there is debris between screens but not after the second one. And look at that golden reclaim!

I took a couple pictures of her as well:

rJEX1Kx.jpg

NY4qjK7.jpg

I use a hair band as others members to keep my stirring/tamping tool with me (just a cutted chopstick) when I'm around the house and the pick mod just for safety but if I'm not gonna use it for more than an hour I always take the battery out.

AJS

Calm Consistency
My experience with the DDave mod is the same. Needs really long press of the battery, so usually battery last less, it vapes uneven so needs stirring more often and that causes the fluffy grind to break into smaller particles that get everywhere in my throat while drawing. As much as I love a good glass path I'm not using it and at some point I was even thinking about sell or try to return it.
I prefer his older 14mm mod when it comes to convenience and big rips. The concentration one is great with my hotter Milaana to chill on flavor rips. Love it for that.

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
Hey FC!

New Quad (4) Preload Stem Pack available!
https://www.ddavemods.com/store/p52/Quad_(4)_Preload_18mm_Stem_Pack.html

Internal Screen + Basket Screen equals a fully enclosed herb chamber! Preload these and take them on the go!

Coupon Code QuadPack5 gets you $5 off! Limited Quantity! 20 available currently!

Quad Pack Contains:
  • 4 x 18mm Custom Glass Stems
  • 5 x 18mm Rimmed Basket Screens
  • 5 x 18mm Internal Rimless Basket Screens
  • 1 Heavy Duty Nylon Carry Case with Belt Clip
ZRJCPiz.jpg
Hey All,

Quick video to show you how to easily install Rimless Basket Screens into your glass! Any DDave kit that includes Rimless Screens will also include the installation tool (formerly known as the Herb Loading Funnel... now in it's new dual role, screen installation tool!)

Enjoy!
DDave

Zow237

trying to get something more at home for herbs and concentrates. tubo and zion are enough for the road :) evo doesn't cut it :( @duff

Zow237,
Reactions: duff

Alegre

Pobre payaso
So I'll be joining this family after buying Zow's milaana...I'm so freaking excited! I've been wanting one for a long time!

@AJS what happened to the "Best of milaana" thread? I need to learn as much as I can before it gets delivered.

This will be my first battery replaceable vape and need to order at least one more battery and a charger. Is having a charger with digital display a must? I need the lowdown on battery handling and care.....I don't want to burn the house down lol.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I have used the Nitecore chargers with the light (I4) and with the digital readout (D4), and while the digital isn't crucial, I really do appreciate getting more detail on the status of the batteries. If I need to replace it for some reason I would do the digital again.

And welcome to the family... :cool:

AJS

Calm Consistency
So I'll be joining this family after buying Zow's milaana...I'm so freaking excited! I've been wanting one for a long time!

@AJS what happened to the "Best of milaana" thread? I need to learn as much as I can before it gets delivered.

This will be my first battery replaceable vape and need to order at least one more battery and a charger. Is having a charger with digital display a must? I need the lowdown on battery handling and care.....I don't want to burn the house down lol.
Nitrcore I2 is 2 bay not digital. I4 is 4 bay. D2 is digital 2 bay, D4 4 bay. Any will work great. Digital is convenient for knowing precise battery life. They're cheap.

Check page 50

Best of thread ... I submitted the form but guess it didn't qualify or something .. they never added it. Idk man.

Ask anything you want .. we'll be here!

Edit: there's an 18650 battery safety thread.

Edit 2: welcome to the thread!

Alegre

Pobre payaso
I have used the Nitecore chargers with the light (I4) and with the digital readout (D4), and while the digital isn't crucial, I really do appreciate getting more detail on the status of the batteries. If I need to replace it for some reason I would do the digital again.

And welcome to the family... :cool:

Nitrcore I2 is 2 bay not digital. I4 is 4 bay. D2 is digital 2 bay, D4 4 bay. Any will work great. Digital is convenient for knowing precise battery life. They're cheap.

Check page 50

Best of thread ... I submitted the form but guess it didn't qualify or something .. they never added it. Idk man.

Ask anything you want .. we'll be here!

Edit: there's an 18650 battery safety thread.

Edit 2: welcome to the thread!

Thank you guys!

I better go place an order.......would hate to get my milaana and have no charger!

Alegre

Pobre payaso
If you're getting batts too I like the vtc5 for power and lg hg2 for longer battery life.

Edit: you can always get chargers at vape shops ... bit more expensive tho.

Thanks man! Post 50 helped a lot!

If you could only have one type of battery would you go for power or long life?

Alegre,
Reactions: muunch

ArthurJ

So the latest from @DDave arrived today and I like it a lot, putting the load between the two screens is quite the tasty treat.

@Alegre I started with a second-hand unit from the classifieds and quickly jumped to a new one with cobalt stems because I liked the unit so much and I loved the color combo of the cherry and cobalt.
It's quickly become a fan favorite.

You'll be be wanting to delve into some ddave mods because that's just par for the course.

I feel like I should have a Batman utility belt for this.

vMyz03l.jpg

Alegre

Pobre payaso
So the latest from @DDave arrived today and I like it a lot, putting the load between the two screens is quite the tasty treat.

@Alegre I started with a second-hand unit from the classifieds and quickly jumped to a new one with cobalt stems because I liked the unit so much and I loved the color combo of the cherry and cobalt.

You'll be be wanting to delve into some ddave mods because that's just par for the course.

vMyz03l.jpg
Thanks for the info Arthur! I will certainly be looking into that!

I have such high hope for this vape. Ever since I got my vapcap my other vapes have been pretty much put away. I like the cap because it's nearly on demand and a heavy hitter. .....I'm looking for a similar experience with the milaana without the butane torch.

I seriously can't wait!

AJS

Calm Consistency
Thanks for the info Arthur! I will certainly be looking into that!

I have such high hope for this vape. Ever since I got my vapcap my other vapes have been pretty much put away. I like the cap because it's nearly on demand and a heavy hitter. .....I'm looking for a similar experience with the milaana without the butane torch.

I seriously can't wait!
I got the Vapcap M and while it's really fun ... not really comparable to the Mi in my opinion when it come to hard hitters. Still love my Vapcap M though and I have friends who like it more than the Mi.

hippogriff

vMyz03l.jpg
Cool, can we have a pic of a loaded stem?

hippogriff,
Reactions: DDave

Alegre

Pobre payaso
I got the Vapcap M and while it's really fun ... not really comparable to the Mi in my opinion when it come to hard hitters. Still love my Vapcap M though and I have friends who like it more than the Mi.
If the milaana equals or surpasses the cap at hard hitting, I'll be happy as can be....that's all I want!

I have one more question, I micro dose, can I micro in the milaana with the standard short stem?

Alegre,
Reactions: cybrguy
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom