Discontinued The RBT Milaana (unregulated single 18650)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cl4ud3

Very nice. Here's mine:

M1NHhXF.jpg

hj1Htjq.jpg

oO13rsR.jpg

cEEPR9F.jpg

JkQUOV4.jpg

uHAk5a2.jpg
Can understand why you could be disappointed compared to the other spalted piece but I must say I'm impressed with yours. To me it looks like a signature on a piece of art, you could say mother nature has signed it for you.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Can understand why you could be disappointed compared to the other spalted piece but I must say I'm impressed with yours. To me it looks like a signature on a piece of art, you could say mother nature has signed it for you.

Yeah to me it looks like the grain is still more swirly even on the plainer sides, more hints of grey coloring than you see on a regular maple Milaana. I know it can be underwhelming though @Office_Printer based on some of the crazier looking ones (like @AJS and @VegNVape's stunners) so you'll see how you feel with time. Seems like you shouldn't have any problem selling it if you choose to though

Super sucks @Hypno vaper tragic tale, sounds like a problem with trigger if not some sort of short from shipping, either way if the unit is damaged like it seems, it should be replaced, but I guess you will see contacting warranty service. Shame you still haven't been able to try one, good luck getting it all sorted out

RastaBuddhaTao

Manufacturer
@Office_Printer in the future we will be showing pics of the units so folks can see the actual unit that they are purchasing. Fill out a comment form on rastabuddhatao.www with your address and we will get a care package out to you to make up for your "two face" Mi :)

@Hypno vaper good to know that no real damage occured. We have plans to put a thermally resetting fuse in the future. Just a reminder to take your battery out when not in use or pick up one of @Ratchett 3D printed picks. Please fill out a contact form and select warranty and send it back to the address listed. Sounds like you have a stuck button. Units are now checked for operation with a charged battery before they ship so I am surprised to hear this happened. We will now do an over voltage test with the button to force fail any marginal switches. We recently hired a new assembler so unit builds and warranty service fixes should be quicker in the future.

@AJS thanks for the historical recap. It was heart breaking to work so hard to set up a factory to build Milaana (initial pre-orders) and have to tear it down and rebuild it up again at RBT Labs. It was a massive effort to get production started back up and the www store open in the last few months. Seeing these Spalted units in the wild is a nice milestone for RBT.

In just a few weeks we should be starting to build a surplus of Milaana allowing us to focus on Zion.

Thanks to all who have continued to support us in our quest to become sustainable and thanks to everyone who has given us constructive criticism to enable us to continuously improve.

little maggie

I'm not good at posting pictures. I just got a beautiful new maple Milaana. It is a bit taller than the original and a bit thinner. My hands are on the small side so it is more comfortable than the original. You note that the newest one is a bit taller and thicker. Do you like the thickness of your newest one?

Evolution of the Milaana right here. The first pre ordered OG unit, the second (sorta) pre ordered updated model with recessed glass and screen on the air intake, and the start of the special wood collection.

The new unit is taller than the others, I think maybe a tad bit thicker too.
lmas9nU.jpg

Love the dark female end...and my intake screen sits really low, it looks funny lol
joMc85d.jpg

This is you, This is me, This is RBT.
Pjm2cuL.jpg

SCmsLWw.jpg

^^
Absolutely love the picture above, really shows off everything going on:
-The OG with the raised female end, the intake has the mesh instead of the screen (can't see here), the wood is more pixelated, and the gap is larger on the bottom end. Brass lid is also much duller, despite the Milaana getting much more use. Unit also runs colder than the updated. OG you bring out the heat, updated you tame the heat.

-The first updated units got the recessed female and the screen instead of the mesh (so sexy when first revealed to us). Also more QC to make the heaters run more consistently, and in my experience, hotter. As you can see, the wood is more...wood...looking, and looks all around more organic imo. The bottom end did not come from the same section of wood as the body, you can see the color difference, but is sealed very nicely.

-The newest unit is all cut from the same piece of wood, the bottom matches the body and there is almost no gap...for half a second, it seems as if there is no bottom end, and that it's all one unit. Focuses much more on craftsmanship and really making it feel like a smooth, quality piece of wood. Reminds me much more of my old Nano than my other Milaanas did. Also the stem brings me back to when RBT first tried to introduce the idea of customizing your Milaana, by introducing colored stems.

To the average joe, this is a picture of three Milaanas.
To me, this is 2-3 months of pre order anxiety, wondering if this company will hold themselves above water. It's weeding through all the negativity, the doubts, and the sadness of missed deadlines. It's the feeling of the first units being shipped out on 4/20, and seeing that this was a reality. It's that feeling of that first rip, that first taste, and that first cloud. It's seeing a company grow and making improvements within the first weeks of release. It's a company that is prospering and doing everything it can to bring exactly what we want in our hands. To people who got on before I did, it was built from the ground up, partly by them. They all contributed to make the Milaana what it is today. This is 6 months of the best vape (jk there is no best) only getting better and better.

Last picture of the Trifecta together.
ByaPY8E.jpg

Away in your homes you go...sleep tight.:myday::zzz:
nqrEAOf.jpg

Enough boring sappy shit, I finally got to take her for a drive as well. Got my brand new brown (HG2 I believe), charged to 4.15, loaded up the cobalt stem (first time using a stock stem since DDave mod), packed her up and started vaping...

That's when it got strange. First rip....I feel barely any heat. Like VERY little, even after 10 seconds on the throttle. "great..". Second hit, cold air until like 7 seconds in and then it started getting heat...but still not enough. This continues for a few hits. I'm like, okay...it's gotta be the battery lid not making contact...but that wasn't it. Alright, my battery is a dud, changed batteries...nope. Looking my unit up and down, looking for any reason my unit might not heat up...and totally drawing a blank. Then I see the one part I haven't attempted to change. The goddam throttle. I wasn't pushing it down hard enough. Next rip massive hit, cashed the bowl, put in a DDaves mod to get some familiarity, and worked exactly like my other one. More testing needed, too medicated now, lol. My heart dropped when those first two hits were cold. :doh:

Edit: Holy shit, just when I thought it couldn't get any weirder of a Milaana experience...
My Milaana has a hum. But...It ONLY hums when the heater is activated. If I draw with the button pressed with no battery...no hum. Insert battery, press button, wwhhhooooooooooooo. A deep deep sounding whoo'ing sound...like wind blowing through a cracked window. As I let off the button, the whooooooo'ing gets quieter as the heater cools off.
It literally gets louder as the unit heats up. What is this...what is happening to me. Am I going insane. I don't dislike it though, but with DDave 14mm reducer it can sorta turn into a whistle...will experiment more...my god.

As a gauge, it probably isn't loud enough for someone standing 10 feet of me to be able to hear, if the tv was on someone next to me probably wouldn't hear it.

AJS

Calm Consistency
I'm not good at posting pictures. I just got a beautiful new maple Milaana. It is a bit taller than the original and a bit thinner. My hands are on the small side so it is more comfortable than the original. You note that the newest one is a bit taller and thicker. Do you like the thickness of your newest one?
I do! It was just on a quick glance, I'll have to measure it or hold them up to each other and really get a comparison.

(easiest way for me to do pictures: take picture of Milaana with phone, upload to imgur, copy the link it provides you, go to FC, click the insert picture button, Paste and add '.jpg' to the end of what you pasted).

RastaBuddhaTao

Manufacturer
The new units are a little taller in the main body giving more room for the heater making it more thermally consistent. The bottom cap is slightly thicker reducing warping thereby improving it's fit to the body. These changes are easily made in wood and would have been expensive or even impossible in a plastic injection mold... Just another great thing about wood as it allows for rapid, continuous improvement based on customer feedback.

@KeroZen the copper lid screw is now fixed internally to prevent it from loosening... I think this was mentioned in a prior post. I will be surprised if there are any additional changes due to reliability issues other than the thermal safety fuse.

Last edited:

Hypno vaper

Thanks everyone for the kind words of support. 16 other Vapes, you would think I wouldn't be so sad and yet I've been moping around all day like a sad little girl.

@RastaBuddhaTao : Thank you very much kind sir just one question, do I send everything back or just the unit? I will take whatever wood you have in stock, it doesn't have to be what I ordered.

little maggie

The new units are a little taller in the main body giving more room for the heater making it more thermally consistent. The bottom cap is slightly thicker reducing warping thereby improving it's fit to the body. These changes are easily made in wood and would have been expensive or even impossible in a plastic injection mold... Just another great thing about wood as it allows for rapid, continuous improvement based on customer feedback.

@KeroZen the copper lid screw is now fixed internally to prevent it from loosening... I think this was mentioned in a prior post. I will be surprised if there are any additional changes due to reliability issues other than the thermal safety fuse.
I know mine is not the standard unit (many thanks) but I do like the thinner and taller body on mine.

RastaBuddhaTao

Manufacturer
Thanks everyone for the kind words of support. 16 other Vapes, you would think I wouldn't be so sad and yet I've been moping around all day like a sad little girl.

@RastaBuddhaTao : Thank you very much kind sir just one question, do I send everything back or just the unit? I will take whatever wood you have in stock, it doesn't have to be what I ordered.

Yeh, just send unit back and keep the rest. Just fill out the Contact Us warranty form. We will test it, fix it (if we can) and get you a suitable replacement.

I know mine is not the standard unit (many thanks) but I do like the thinner and taller body on mine.

Thanks for the feedback. After this run of wood we might reduce the profile slightly. It's surprising how just a 1/8" reduction makes a big difference.

Bottom came off
You can use most adhesives to put it back on but a 2 part epoxy works best or you can always send it in. With the new units the cap fit is much better and there is little chance of it coming off without a serious impact. Same is true with the heater glass as we reduced the inner bore and improved cleaning procedures. Now the only way the glass should come out is if it breaks.

Really good to hearing these news @RastaBuddhaTao !

Could you please tell me if getting a hotter heater is possible in that Greek Mi heading your way?

Yes, all returning units will be brought up to current factory standards.

natural farmer

Yeh, just send unit back and keep the rest. Just fill out the Contact Us warranty form. We will test it, fix it (if we can) and get you a suitable replacement.

Thanks for the feedback. After this run of wood we might reduce the profile slightly. It's surprising how just a 1/8" reduction makes a big difference.

You can use most adhesives to put it back on but a 2 part epoxy works best or you can always send it in. With the new units the cap fit is much better and there is little chance of it coming off without a serious impact. Same is true with the heater glass as we reduced the inner bore and improved cleaning procedures. Now the only way the glass should come out is if it breaks.

All right!!! Happy camper here!!! :rockon::rockon::rockon::party::party::party: Love you Ryan!

Hypno vaper

Thanks I will do that right now but please if it's at all possible, could you send a replacement instead of the fixed unit. I have a serious gag reflex and burnt/charred smells/tastes are one of my triggers. Also, I never used it once. This issue was right out the packaging.

RastaBuddhaTao

Manufacturer
Thanks I will do that right now but please if it's at all possible, could you send a replacement instead of the fixed unit. I have a serious gag reflex and burnt/charred smells/tastes are one of my triggers. Also, I never used it once. This issue was right out the packaging.
Sure NP. When repaired the burnt wood is drilled out to remove any smell but we can just get ya a new body to make sure you don't puke into your Mi mouthpiece lol.

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
Can't look at this thread anymore. Eyeing an aspen select I really shouldn't buy and don't want to be tempted. It's already sitting in my cart... RIP

Although if these are not strictly limited edition... I feel a bit relieved. Anyone confirm? Or is this still up in the air.

Last edited:

AJS

Calm Consistency
So unit definitely runs cooler than the other (not bad at all), but that was testing with the brown battery it came with instead of the green / yellow I've been used to. It hits temp really fast and then steadies at a lower temp than my other unit, but it's still super quick to heat up. With the regular 18mm, the temperature is easily hot enough to combust or get my herb as dark as I'd possibly want, without feeling like I'm struggling in the slightest to bring out the heat.

With that said, with the 14mm adapter, I really have to try hard to get it hot enough to get my herb as dark as I want or as dark as my last Milaana could. Interestingly, it allows for 2-3 high-vapor, mid-temp hits that don't brown my herb, but still produce huge vapor. So it's still very effective. Once that stops producing vapor, I have to hold the throttle down for like 5 seconds then hit really slow in order to get it hot enough to finish off the load. But that was tested with the brown battery. Green seems a little hotter, but still.

But, as you can see in this video, I don't have to struggle at all to get clouds. Preheat is as instructed in the manual, and it works very consistently. This is definitely the most consistent heater I've had in terms of it reaching temperature and holding it well with a slow increase in temp over time. My last one had a spike, which was very fun with the 14mm, but made chasing flavor clouds a little more difficult than the spalted, but could get huge hits so fast.

Anyway..

Edit:
Decided to just show you guys what I meant with the 14mm producing clouds but still not browning. At the end you see how I have to really push it to get there. It's actually not that bad considering how big those early clouds are...

Two 14mm stems bowls (one wasn't int he video), and that bubbler bowl put my green battery down to 4.00v.

Last edited:

natural farmer

What if the glass GonG part of Mi was fitted and secured with silicon tubing or o-rings inside the body? Wouldn't that make it more durable to falls? Kind of a G-shock construction?
Cause next time it breaks a new lucky owner will probably pay for the service... :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom