Discontinued The RBT Milaana (unregulated single 18650)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vape Dr.

@natural farmer The washer I chose was the same thickness with the guitar pic stacked as the 2 stock washers under the battery tab.

This is not necessary I just did this to eliminate a washer with the guitar pic and have the battery tab completely lined up flat across for mostly aesthetics sake.

Just my OCD kicking in!:mental:

@btka we'll just say creative differences.

AJS

Calm Consistency
I may or may not have located my Milaana on the way to my house ...
zwqoYOV.jpg

That's the wrong side of the road! Turn around!! You drove right past my house :(
CM3rrkd.jpg

Soon ... Soon

AJS

Calm Consistency
New Milaana arrived today. Not much spalting on my spalted. Probably should have just stuck with the maple I already have. And only a three year warranty now?
Exactly what I was afraid of :(

Edit: or not ...
InebOja.jpg

jKhjN4R.jpg

ZdKxNVU.jpg

wNTtCSE.jpg

Better than I could have imagined. Jaw dropped when I opened it lol.

The finish feels much different than the maple. It's smooth, but not like a slick smooth. I really enjoy it. Almost like a matte feel.

Will get to try it tonight.

Last edited:

ZC

And to think Mi was supposed to be 14mm when it was still in alpha... But 14mm supposedly didn't give an even heating... :p

IME with Ddave's reducer 14mm produces very even heating, which I can't say for the stock 18mm stems.

What I've heard (and I haven't read through the whole thread) is that it changed to 18mm from complaints that 14mm had too much draw restriction.

Office_Printer

This is beautiful as is the one posted before this. The wood looks very different than the base model and I like the markings even though there are less on one side. Is this the same wood as the one posted by AJS?
It is the same wood (spalted maple). I'm just disappointed that from most angles it does not look much different than my standard maple Milaana. Not mad, just underwhelmed.

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Hey all!

I'm back again with another FANTASTIC product

Thanks to @Vape Dr. for the brilliant inspiration with the battery guitar pick idea, I quickly whipped up my own elegant solution. After several prototype prints and revisions, I'm very happy with the results

Allow me to introduce the Milaana Battery Pick Mod

IMG_7674__03874.1478997480.1280.1280.JPG

IMG_7679__12466.1478997482.1280.1280.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

AJS

Calm Consistency
Very nice. Here's mine:

M1NHhXF.jpg

hj1Htjq.jpg

oO13rsR.jpg

cEEPR9F.jpg

JkQUOV4.jpg

uHAk5a2.jpg
I still think that's great man! I was expecting much less. It is still odd how it's only on one side but I still think it's sick!

Ryan mentioned to me he'll have more later on, maybe he'll offer you a switch if you'd like.

This is beautiful as is the one posted before this. The wood looks very different than the base model and I like the markings even though there are less on one side. Is this the same wood as the one posted by AJS?

Agreed!! All wood is unique! I loved my original Milaana grains and that was as plain as could be haha.

Last edited:

Copacetic

Somewhere North of The Wall

WOW!
Those are just..............well, just let me get my bib:
emoticons_drooling-512.png

This a little less so:
.....just underwhelmed.

@AJS, I guess you just got REAAAAAAL lucky (incredible piece of wood).
You too @Office_Printer freakin' lovely.

[pause here while the mists of stoopid briefly part, revealing the facepalm of Doh!]

Wait!, I just realized that those second pic's are the same ones you were referring to when you said you are underwhelmed Office!
I kinda see what you mean from a couple of angles, but that's still a fantastic birth-mark your unit has got there dude, really nice IMO :tup:

I can't wait to see how my one comes out :shrug:
If it's anything remotely like AJS's I'll be speechless. :popcorn:

Get :buzz:Ryan, :whip:

Very tidy, I like this much more than the 'wraparound' solution.
I imagine that it would be much more convenient too.

AJS

Calm Consistency
Evolution of the Milaana right here. The first pre ordered OG unit, the second (sorta) pre ordered updated model with recessed glass and screen on the air intake, and the start of the special wood collection.

The new unit is taller than the others, I think maybe a tad bit thicker too.
lmas9nU.jpg

Love the dark female end...and my intake screen sits really low, it looks funny lol
joMc85d.jpg

This is you, This is me, This is RBT.
Pjm2cuL.jpg

SCmsLWw.jpg

^^
Absolutely love the picture above, really shows off everything going on:
-The OG with the raised female end, the intake has the mesh instead of the screen (can't see here), the wood is more pixelated, and the gap is larger on the bottom end. Brass lid is also much duller, despite the Milaana getting much more use. Unit also runs colder than the updated. OG you bring out the heat, updated you tame the heat.

-The first updated units got the recessed female and the screen instead of the mesh (so sexy when first revealed to us). Also more QC to make the heaters run more consistently, and in my experience, hotter. As you can see, the wood is more...wood...looking, and looks all around more organic imo. The bottom end did not come from the same section of wood as the body, you can see the color difference, but is sealed very nicely.

-The newest unit is all cut from the same piece of wood, the bottom matches the body and there is almost no gap...for half a second, it seems as if there is no bottom end, and that it's all one unit. Focuses much more on craftsmanship and really making it feel like a smooth, quality piece of wood. Reminds me much more of my old Nano than my other Milaanas did. Also the stem brings me back to when RBT first tried to introduce the idea of customizing your Milaana, by introducing colored stems.

To the average joe, this is a picture of three Milaanas.
To me, this is 2-3 months of pre order anxiety, wondering if this company will hold themselves above water. It's weeding through all the negativity, the doubts, and the sadness of missed deadlines. It's the feeling of the first units being shipped out on 4/20, and seeing that this was a reality. It's that feeling of that first rip, that first taste, and that first cloud. It's seeing a company grow and making improvements within the first weeks of release. It's a company that is prospering and doing everything it can to bring exactly what we want in our hands. To people who got on before I did, it was built from the ground up, partly by them. They all contributed to make the Milaana what it is today. This is 6 months of the best vape (jk there is no best) only getting better and better.

Last picture of the Trifecta together.
ByaPY8E.jpg

Away in your homes you go...sleep tight.:myday::zzz:
nqrEAOf.jpg

Enough boring sappy shit, I finally got to take her for a drive as well. Got my brand new brown (HG2 I believe), charged to 4.15, loaded up the cobalt stem (first time using a stock stem since DDave mod), packed her up and started vaping...

That's when it got strange. First rip....I feel barely any heat. Like VERY little, even after 10 seconds on the throttle. "great..". Second hit, cold air until like 7 seconds in and then it started getting heat...but still not enough. This continues for a few hits. I'm like, okay...it's gotta be the battery lid not making contact...but that wasn't it. Alright, my battery is a dud, changed batteries...nope. Looking my unit up and down, looking for any reason my unit might not heat up...and totally drawing a blank. Then I see the one part I haven't attempted to change. The goddam throttle. I wasn't pushing it down hard enough. Next rip massive hit, cashed the bowl, put in a DDaves mod to get some familiarity, and worked exactly like my other one. More testing needed, too medicated now, lol. My heart dropped when those first two hits were cold. :doh:

Edit: Holy shit, just when I thought it couldn't get any weirder of a Milaana experience...
My Milaana has a hum. But...It ONLY hums when the heater is activated. If I draw with the button pressed with no battery...no hum. Insert battery, press button, wwhhhooooooooooooo. A deep deep sounding whoo'ing sound...like wind blowing through a cracked window. As I let off the button, the whooooooo'ing gets quieter as the heater cools off.
It literally gets louder as the unit heats up. What is this...what is happening to me. Am I going insane. I don't dislike it though, but with DDave 14mm reducer it can sorta turn into a whistle...will experiment more...my god.

As a gauge, it probably isn't loud enough for someone standing 10 feet of me to be able to hear, if the tv was on someone next to me probably wouldn't hear it.

Last edited:

natural farmer

Evolution of the Milaana right here. The first pre ordered OG unit, the second (sorta) pre ordered updated model with recessed glass and screen on the air intake, and the start of the special wood collection.

The new unit is taller than the others, I think maybe a tad bit thicker too.
lmas9nU.jpg

Love the dark female end...and my intake screen sits really low, it looks funny lol
joMc85d.jpg

This is you, This is me, This is RBT.
Pjm2cuL.jpg

SCmsLWw.jpg

^^
Absolutely love the picture above, really shows off everything going on:
-The OG with the raised female end, the intake has the mesh instead of the screen (can't see here), the wood is more pixelated, and the gap is larger on the bottom end. Brass lid is also much duller, despite the Milaana getting much more use. Unit also runs colder than the updated. OG you bring out the heat, updated you tame the heat.

-The first updated units got the recessed female and the screen instead of the mesh (so sexy when first revealed to us). Also more QC to make the heaters run more consistently, and in my experience, hotter. As you can see, the wood is more...wood...looking, and looks all around more organic imo. The bottom end did not come from the same section of wood as the body, you can see the color difference, but is sealed very nicely.

-The newest unit is all cut from the same piece of wood, the bottom matches the body and there is almost no gap...for half a second, it seems as if there is no bottom end, and that it's all one unit. Focuses much more on craftsmanship and really making it feel like a smooth, quality piece of wood. Reminds me much more of my old Nano than my other Milaanas did. Also the stem brings me back to when RBT first tried to introduce the idea of customizing your Milaana, by introducing colored stems.

To the average joe, this is a picture of three Milaanas.
To me, this is 2-3 months of pre order anxiety, wondering if this company will hold themselves above water. It's weeding through all the negativity, the doubts, and the sadness of missed deadlines. It's the feeling of the first units being shipped out on 4/20, and seeing that this was a reality. It's that feeling of that first rip, that first taste, and that first cloud. It's seeing a company grow and making improvements within the first weeks of release. It's a company that is prospering and doing everything it can to bring exactly what we want in our hands. To people who got on before I did, it was built from the ground up, partly by them. They all contributed to make the Milaana what it is today. This is 6 months of the best vape (jk there is no best) only getting better and better.

Last picture of the Trifecta together.
ByaPY8E.jpg

Away in your homes you go...sleep tight.:myday::zzz:
nqrEAOf.jpg

Enough boring sappy shit, I finally got to take her for a drive as well. Got my brand new brown (HG2 I believe), charged to 4.15, loaded up the cobalt stem (first time using a stock stem since DDave mod), packed her up and started vaping...

That's when it got strange. First rip....I feel barely any heat. Like VERY little, even after 10 seconds on the throttle. "great..". Second hit, cold air until like 7 seconds in and then it started getting heat...but still not enough. This continues for a few hits. I'm like, okay...it's gotta be the battery lid not making contact...but that wasn't it. Alright, my battery is a dud, changed batteries...nope. Looking my unit up and down, looking for any reason my unit might not heat up...and totally drawing a blank. Then I see the one part I haven't attempted to change. The goddam throttle. I wasn't pushing it down hard enough. Next rip massive hit, cashed the bowl, put in a DDaves mod to get some familiarity, and worked exactly like my other one. More testing needed, too medicated now, lol. My heart dropped when those first two hits were cold. :doh:

Edit: Holy shit, just when I thought it couldn't get any weirder of a Milaana experience...
My Milaana has a hum. But...It ONLY hums when the heater is activated. If I draw with the button pressed with no battery...no hum. Insert battery, press button, wwhhhooooooooooooo. A deep deep sounding whoo'ing sound...like wind blowing through a cracked window. As I let off the button, the whooooooo'ing gets quieter as the heater cools off.
It literally gets louder as the unit heats up. What is this...what is happening to me. Am I going insane. I don't dislike it though, but with DDave 14mm reducer it can sorta turn into a whistle...will experiment more...my god.

As a gauge, it probably isn't loud enough for someone standing 10 feet of me to be able to hear, if the tv was on someone next to me probably wouldn't hear it.
Amazing post man! Milaana has matured all right... She was a beautiful young lady and now she is a burning hot momma!! :lol:
I hope my sent-to-be-serviced Laana can also get some of these hot updates, like the hotter heater! :drool:
Shout out to @Ratchett for the beautiful battery cover! Will get one for sure! Orange is beautiful! Will it come in other colours as well?

And @Office_Printer ? That wood of yours is beautiful buddy!!! Really!!!! :nod:

Copacetic

Yeah @AJS, brilliant post :clap:
Thanks for all that detail, and for the pic's too, drop...dead...gorgeous :o :drool:

I can't wait to pair my one with the wooden stems that Alan made me.

Must...be...patient...:uhh:

BTW AJS and Office_Printer, is there any scope for further finishing, or is the wood fully gussied-up already? (the pic's certainly make them look fully finished :shrug:?)

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Shout out to @Ratchett for the beautiful battery cover! Will get one for sure! Orange is beautiful! Will it come in other colours as well?
Absolutely my Battery pick-mods can be printed in any plastic color desired including glow in the dark (I'm also thinking about buying some UV color changing or temperature changing plastic colors to add to my lineup) - if I don't have the color you want, PM me and I'll add it to my lineup

elykpeace

exVASted
Very nice. Here's mine:

M1NHhXF.jpg

hj1Htjq.jpg

oO13rsR.jpg

cEEPR9F.jpg

JkQUOV4.jpg

uHAk5a2.jpg
Yeah I'd or pissed
Spalted on one side. For that premium price you got a not so premium looking device. I understand these work well but if your going to advertise a spalted maple wood id expect more not a sliver. can you return it? I hope your not the one who was all excited about them having more spalted in stock (with the cobalt glass)

elykpeace,

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
@AJS: gorgeous pics mate, and lovely post.

I just noticed that your latest units both seem to have a nut on the post below the copper tab. Is that stock or did you add it yourself? Is this how Ryan fixed the new units such that the post itself can't unscrew?

If this is the case maybe we should invite all old units owners to implement it?

Office_Printer

BTW AJS and Office_Printer, is there any scope for further finishing, or is the wood fully gussied-up already? (the pic's certainly make them look fully finished :shrug:?)

Mine is unfinished. Are others finishing them? Would love to hear some details on that.

Yeah I'd or pissed
Spalted on one side. For that premium price you got a not so premium looking device. I understand these work well but if your going to advertise a spalted maple wood id expect more not a sliver. can you return it? I hope your not the one who was all excited about them having more spalted in stock (with the cobalt glass)

He calls it "rare", but it doesn't feel as rare as I had hoped. I won't bother with trying to return it. I will keep it around for a short while and see if it grows on me. If not I may sell it or give it to a friend.

Hypno vaper

Good morning guys. I was hoping to happily join the club today but unfortunately that's not the case. My Milaana was delivered yesterday but I was sleeping so couldn't use it because I work overnight. Just came home 8:30am, sit at my dining room table and open the package. The first thing I do after staring at it is give it a good sniff. I love the smell of wood. Everything is beautiful. I read the instructions, checked the battery, everything squared away perfect. I held the unit sideways so not to "drop" the battery in, placed battery in gently and secured the battery hatch and sat the Milaana straight up on the table. Took a minute or two trying to decide what mouthpiece to use, go stock, use one of the 2 from Alan, maybe the Ddave set up or some of the glassware I got from 420EDC. Yes I was equipped before the Mi was delivered. Anyway, my daughter calls me upstairs before I could start. 15 minutes later I come back downstairs and smell something burning. It's the Mi, OMG it burnt the hell out of my hand. No exaggeration, I had to wear oven mitts in order to get the battery out. It was so hot that even with no battery inside it still took 30 minutes to cool off and it smelled horrible. So I just let it completely cool, checked the button and everything to see if it was stuck or something. I figured that it got shipped with a bad battery so I just put in one of the two brand new batteries that I bought for her. Then this happened: as soon as I secure the battery with the lid there was a spark between the battery and the cover. I held the cover in place and tightened the screw then the screw sparked......while it was still loose, I just started to twist it. Within seconds it's starts getting hot without me touching the button so I immediately removed the battery. This sucks so bad, it's burnt to hell inside and I never got to use it one time. I can taste it in my mouth just from smelling it. It's so sexy though it's going to kill me to have to send it back. I'm so sad.

BadDog No

Pretty scary shit Hypno vaper. Good reminder of how powerful those batteries are. Sounds like your on button somehow shorted or got damaged. We've had a couple of folks with sad experiences in back packs and automobiles previous where the button was accidentally depressed. Glad to hear no damage except to poor Millie herself. Think I'm going to be even more careful in the future. Good luck, sorry for the setback, but eventually you'll get there and have your very own Milaana.

Copacetic

Good morning guys. I was hoping to happily join the club today but unfortunately that's not the case. My Milaana was delivered yesterday but I was sleeping so couldn't use it because I work overnight. Just came home 8:30am, sit at my dining room table and open the package. The first thing I do after staring at it is give it a good sniff. I love the smell of wood. Everything is beautiful. I read the instructions, checked the battery, everything squared away perfect. I held the unit sideways so not to "drop" the battery in, placed battery in gently and secured the battery hatch and sat the Milaana straight up on the table. Took a minute or two trying to decide what mouthpiece to use, go stock, use one of the 2 from Alan, maybe the Ddave set up or some of the glassware I got from 420EDC. Yes I was equipped before the Mi was delivered. Anyway, my daughter calls me upstairs before I could start. 15 minutes later I come back downstairs and smell something burning. It's the Mi, OMG it burnt the hell out of my hand. No exaggeration, I had to wear oven mitts in order to get the battery out. It was so hot that even with no battery inside it still took 30 minutes to cool off and it smelled horrible. So I just let it completely cool, checked the button and everything to see if it was stuck or something. I figured that it got shipped with a bad battery so I just put in one of the two brand new batteries that I bought for her. Then this happened: as soon as I secure the battery with the lid there was a spark between the battery and the cover. I held the cover in place and tightened the screw then the screw sparked......while it was still loose, I just started to twist it. Within seconds it's starts getting hot without me touching the button so I immediately removed the battery. This sucks so bad, it's burnt to hell inside and I never got to use it one time. I can taste it in my mouth just from smelling it. It's so sexy though it's going to kill me to have to send it back. I'm so sad.

Damn dude, that is indeed a heartbreaker :ugh:, really sorry to hear that, sounds like a short to me too :shrug:.
Take heart though, I'm betting that Ryan will take care of you good :nod:.
If it's a particularly beautiful example maybe he can repair it to your satisfaction? dunno.
Can you post pic's?
One way or the other, good luck.

Hypno vaper

@BadDog No : Thank you, I thought it was a short somewhere also.

@TeeJay1952 : I will make sure to keep everyone update.

@Copacetic : It is beautiful but to be honest, I'm hoping he just replaces it. I gag off of that burnt charred smell. Besides I never got to take one pull off of it, I should at least get to taste it new. I know they go fast so it doesn't even have to be the same wood.

b0

Cloudy...
@BadDog No : Thank you, I thought it was a short somewhere also.

@TeeJay1952 : I will make sure to keep everyone update.

@Copacetic : It is beautiful but to be honest, I'm hoping he just replaces it. I gag off of that burnt charred smell. Besides I never got to take one pull off of it, I should at least get to taste it new. I know they go fast so it doesn't even have to be the same wood.

I'm sure they will make you happy. My experience with the CS so far is outstanding, really nice guys :)

AJS

Calm Consistency
or is the wood fully gussied-up already? (the pic's certainly make them look fully finished :shrug:?)
Mine feels fully finished. It's a lot more like my retired Nano wood. It's honestly way more than I expected. I'm bummed not everyone's seemed to have the same care on theirs, hopefully that picks up in the future :/. It's hard to feel excited about mine knowing that others may not have the same luck. Ugh :/ I really hope there's more like mine out in the world soon.
I just noticed that your latest units both seem to have a nut on the post below the copper tab. Is that stock or did you add it yourself? Is this how Ryan fixed the new units such that the post itself can't unscrew?
I added this myself. Just a little pick up from Home Depot. I hated the lid being sorta angled up instead of totally flat. With this setup, the lid clears the glass easier and stays level when u remove a battery. Puts way less pressure on the battery to make contact. Makes 1 handed battery switching a smooth operation. Plus it looks steam punkish ;) #6-32 brass machine nut.

@Hypno vaper sorry to hear that man. I had an LSV blow a dimmer right after I turned it on for a first rip. Was a very sad day, so I totally feel you. I'm glad you're okay! Thankfully you were around your unit and nothing got damaged :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom