Discontinued The RBT Milaana (unregulated single 18650)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
You mind PM'ing me an idea of what you'd like to see this pic do? How would you like it to function? you want it to cover the whole brass clip like a sleeve perhaps?

Lol, we can certainly discuss a leather case for this vape, although I'd need to establish the core items for the case - two preloaded stems + 1 battery slot (other battery stored inside vape) + doob tube slot + poker tool slot + ??

Trust me my friend, I still haven't forgotten about our stash stacker ( shhhhh :ninja: ) discussions. I keep circling back to it every few months actually :lol:

The guitar mod is actually here, maybe someone will chime in and post theirs, mine is still stock. It's just plastic with a hole in it, you slide under the brass cap, so it can be slid out in use and prevent the battery connection for transit. There may be other ideas though, like what you said could work too maybe...

Yeah first most I think I'd like to see a leather wallet that held two stems two batteries and a stirrer, maybe even a 3stem/3batt option... Then a separate case that was Milaana two stems two batts stir tool... or Milaana stem + two batts even... (Some won't keep the batt in the Mi, if they don't have one of those safety protection mods in place) actually a bare bones Milaana stirrer one stem one battery case would be pretty nice and sleek... even one that just held only the Milaana... Too many options? lol I personally don't have use for the doob tube slot, I don't like using long narrow storage I prefer shorter and wider personally and can carry it separately... Maybe we can vote on best case design to go with, I think at least two options would be nice, but if only one I might say the two stem two batts one stirrer and no Milaana wallet might be ideal?

Cl4ud3

that button..

has anyone over at RBT ever given thought to a recessed, or even flush type button?

what is directly behind the button now? can it be removed, drilled out the casing a bit and recess the current button?
I'm sure the issue was women with nails were having trouble pressing a recessed button on the Zion so it was changed for this.

Shit Snacks

that button..

has anyone over at RBT ever given thought to a recessed, or even flush type button?

what is directly behind the button now? can it be removed, drilled out the casing a bit and recess the current button?

There's no room pretty sure, the unit would have to be bigger/fatter to accommodate a recessed button (that reason made Zion's button slightly less recessed for production @Cl4ud3)

xlr8shun

I'm sure the issue was women with nails were having trouble pressing a recessed button on the Zion so it was changed for this.

There's no room pretty sure, the unit would have to be bigger/fatter to accommodate a recessed button (that reason made Zion's button slightly less recessed for production @Cl4ud3)

ah, i see.. thanks for the replies!

Vape Dr.

The guitar mod is actually here, maybe someone will chime in and post theirs, mine is still stock. It's just plastic with a hole in it, you slide under the brass cap, so it can be slid out in use and prevent the battery connection for transit. There may be other ideas though, like what you said could work too maybe...

Yeah first most I think I'd like to see a leather wallet that held two stems two batteries and a stirrer, maybe even a 3stem/3batt option... Then a separate case that was Milaana two stems two batts stir tool... or Milaana stem + two batts even... (Some won't keep the batt in the Mi, if they don't have one of those safety protection mods in place) actually a bare bones Milaana stirrer one stem one battery case would be pretty nice and sleek... even one that just held only the Milaana... Too many options? lol I personally don't have use for the doob tube slot, I don't like using long narrow storage I prefer shorter and wider personally and can carry it separately... Maybe we can vote on best case design to go with, I think at least two options would be nice, but if only one I might say the two stem two batts one stirrer and no Milaana wallet might be ideal?

It was on page 95 post 2363 but the pics are gone for some reason.

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/the-rbt-milaana-unregulated-single-18650.18829/page-95

Here it is again for anyone interested.....

Hey guys, got vaped and made a DIY mod so you can keep your battery in your Milaana when not in use.:sherlock:

First I got a washer double the height of the original one and put it under the original washer.

Next I got a guitar pick and trimmed it the shape of the brass contact lid and drilled a hole in it.

Then I took off a bit more of the one side of the pick.

This is what it looks like assembled.

The battery is in and not able to make contact.

I got a ruler and ran it across the button and it heated up.
So if you have battery in your Milaana in your pocket and the button is slightly pressed, it is heating the chamber.

With this I slid the guitar pick away from the contact point the unit is ready to go.

You can slide the pic over this way

Or get creative and notch out a "stem lock guard" and slide the pick this way

This is a generic mock up I had literally just made. It may look crude but it works very well.

I am STILL absolutely loving my Milaana!.....

I thought I would share this with you all.
It makes life so much easier leaving the battery in and putting it your pocket with zero worries about hitting the button.
Now you can have 2 batteries and your stem in the case with you!:)

This was super simple to make and it's FREE!!!:clap:

Here is another safety mod.

A vapexhale EVO large glass bamboo cap. With this mod it protects the button from accidental depression but you can still activate the Milaana with the cap on the button!:tup:

The EVO cap STAYS ON!!! it is actually hard to get off, you have to stick a fingernail underneath to unseal and remove the cap.

This is my favorite mod because you can have your milaana in your pocket, purse, bag, and have no worries about accidentally activating the button. And when you pull your Mi out of your pocket the cap stays on the unit. You just have to press harder to activate the button.

I left the cap red so you could see what I was using, the cap is now black with a sharpie.

Also here's my very first Milaana milk shot video for anyone interested.
Sorry it's so shaky...:uhoh:

Just click on the pic.

:science:

Last edited:

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/the-rbt-milaana-unregulated-single-18650.18829/page-95

Hey guys, got vaped and made a DIY mod so you can keep your battery in your Milaana when not in use.:sherlock:

First I got a washer double the height of the original one and put it under the original washer.

Next I got a guitar pick and trimmed it the shape of the brass contact lid and drilled a hole in it.

So if you have battery in your Milaana in your pocket and the button is slightly pressed, it is heating the chamber.

With this I slid the guitar pick away from the contact point the unit is ready to go.

This is a generic mock up I had literally just made. It may look crude but it works very well.

It makes life so much easier leaving the battery in and putting it your pocket with zero worries about hitting the button.

A vapexhale EVO large glass bamboo cap. With this mod it protects the button from accidental depression but you can still activate the Milaana with the cap on the button!:tup:

The EVO cap STAYS ON!!! it is actually hard to get off, you have to stick a fingernail underneath to unseal and remove the cap.

This is my favorite mod because you can have your milaana in your pocket, purse, bag, and have no worries about accidentally activating the button. And when you pull your Mi out of your pocket the cap stays on the unit. You just have to press harder to activate the button.

I left the cap red so you could see what I was using, the cap is now black with a sharpie.

Just click on the pic.

Awesome! Thank you for the post @Vape Dr. I think I could easily 3D print a clip like that. I think it might look pretty cool with glow-in-the-dark plastic!

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I have some Dutchberry in my Mi. A hybrid thats half Dutch Treat and the other half DJ Short Blueberry.

Nci53KJ.jpg

btka

Just click on the pic.

nice big clouds... as far as I am a cloud chaser (but also flavor)... someone told me the gh is better for bigger clouds... but in your video the clouds seem really big (could be the lighting or used material - did you only use herb ?)
also did you used a gh and can compare clouds and taste maybe efficency (meaning how much clouds do you get out the same amount of herb with both)..

BTW whats upmwith get a vape...

Shit Snacks

nice big clouds... as far as I am a cloud chaser (but also flavor)... someone told me the gh is better for bigger clouds... but in your video the clouds seem really big (could be the lighting or used material - did you only use herb ?)
also did you used a gh and can compare clouds and taste maybe efficency (meaning how much clouds do you get out the same amount of herb with both)..

BTW whats upmwith get a vape...

I think cloud production must just be more user dependent here, its certainly more than capable

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
I often get obsessed with seeing visible vapor myself, but it is quite easy to tell there are effects even if there is no vapor.

Try feathering the button with a fresh load for a really nice, tasty low-temp hit that has noticeable fx

obviously more vapor/more dense vapor = higher temps = more/diff compounds

will chime in once i receive my tophats tomorrow :)

also, id be so down for a leather or even nylon case w room for a mil and a 2x 18650 holder, so you could have mil, and 2 of either stems or batteries and 1 of the other... if you needed more, just carry another 2x 18650 holder in a another pocket.

i feel like mil+2 x2 18650 holders would be too big and defeat the purpose but i haven't done any proper measurements/experimentation myself here

Last edited:

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
The Mi produces some pretty big vapor clouds. The first few draws from a fresh bowl there isn't as big of clouds but it's that way with a lot of vaporizers.

By the third draw the clouds start producing big time. It might be technique too. It take a little while to get the groove of this wonderful vaporizing tool. Depending on the cannabis that you are using. I have some Grape Ape right now and I'm seeing some big clouds tonight in my unit.

It depends on if you are using a weak battery or not. All my 3 batteries are the brown ones. They seem to last a long time.

Happy veterans days those of you that served in our nation's military. Thank you for you're service.

AJS

Calm Consistency
I have some Grape Ape right now and I'm seeing some big clouds tonight in my unit.
Got some Trainwreck right now, perfect strain for this election, if I do say so myself.

Been using the 14mm tiny bowls on the go, and been using the 14mm bubbler stem wand thing whenever I'm at home. Feeling some flavor though, so going to clean out the wand and use it dry. Going to be a wonderful, flavorful sesh.

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
Got some Trainwreck right now, perfect strain for this election, if I do say so myself.

Been using the 14mm tiny bowls on the go, and been using the 14mm bubbler stem wand thing whenever I'm at home. Feeling some flavor though, so going to clean out the wand and use it dry. Going to be a wonderful, flavorful sesh.

Oh yeah, I used the 14mm @DDave stem yesterday night, exclusively. Tiny bowl, not even fully loaded, tamped down slightly, massive cloud ratio...@AJS As you had posted before, it's unreal. Tried your 4 secs preheat, then 5 sec pretty fast inhale (faster than usual, more of a rip). Boom, freshness explosion, energy boost kicking the yummy terps everywhere they wanna go. Fresh taste, purest, cleanest I've ever experienced with the Mi, yet I was blowing noticeable clouds Didn't expect that.. Starting to drool again.
Dave, the 14mm stem along bowl and reducer are wonderful. Offers another great option of micro dosing perfectly - Also pretty easy to not even scorch the load. This one can help a lot of peeps keeping it small and simple. Love the shape of the stem too- wished I could source one of them long-sized too

Have a great weekend everyone!
Enjoy your millis

Bdubbdiblets

Oh yeah, I used the 14mm @DDave stem yesterday night, exclusively. Tiny bowl, not even fully loaded, tamped down slightly, massive cloud ratio...@AJS As you had posted before, it's unreal. Tried your 4 secs preheat, then 5 sec pretty fast inhale (faster than usual, more of a rip). Boom, freshness explosion, energy boost kicking the yummy terps everywhere they wanna go. Fresh taste, purest, cleanest I've ever experienced with the Mi, yet I was blowing noticeable clouds Didn't expect that.. Starting to drool again.
Dave, the 14mm stem along bowl and reducer are wonderful. Offers another great option of micro dosing perfectly - Also pretty easy to not even scorch the load. This one can help a lot of peeps keeping it small and simple. Love the shape of the stem too- wished I could source one of them long-sized too

Have a great weekend everyone!
Enjoy your millis
This sounds like Mi cannabis perfection.

Excuse my ignorance but may you kindly point me in the direction of this seemingly magical little stem so I can exchange my dolla bills for it...please....and thank you!:wave:

Vape forth:rockon:

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
This sounds like Mi cannabis perfection.

Excuse my ignorance but may you kindly point me in the direction of this seemingly magical little stem so I can exchange my dolla bills for it...please....and thank you!:wave:

Vape forth:rockon:

It's @DDave 's V2 mod kit. You can find it on eBay:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-DDave-M...691743?hash=item1c735f069f:g:qNoAAOSwh2xX~-Ae

And to think Mi was supposed to be 14mm when it was still in alpha... But 14mm supposedly didn't give an even heating... :p

Yeah, I know. But I like it better to have 18mm and now the option to go tiny-tiny-bang-bang rather than being more "limited"... Anyway, I think it's no real concern anymore. 14mm gets crazy evenly roasted - I'd imagine you had to horse it like crazy to get an even smaller tiny-centered hotspot... The dia is so small, I feel like no stirring, no problem.

I have to be precise, I'm NOT using the 18-14-adapter Dave is selling - they might be very similar and might vary, too - I had some from dhgate before and didn't order them from him. My adapter (got 2) do vary a lot. The one is too long making contact with the Mi bowl at the ground - so I can't use it. The second one is still a lil long but fits in the Mi - but the inner dia is a tad smaller so the rim of the 14mm bakest screen, when inserted, makes contact and gets stuck in there and I can't push the 14mm stem completely into the adapter - still provides a good seat, but not 100% sealed (good enough for my draw speed, not whispy or airy IMO). So this second stem provides even more distance from load to the heater. I could shoot a pic and measure it to give you precise info for comparision, if you'd like. It's pretty idiot proof like this - super consistent hits, not harsh at all, cause when I more like rip it, it's only 5-7 seconds that I inhale, drawing a larger volume of air thru it - as compared to really let the heat rise and soak the load and slowly sipping it even with the long 18mm stem. Less irritation for me with 14mm stem + plus reducer (extended distance to the heater), very cool and smooth draws consistently. Battery runtime won't be affected negatively like this - actually, I think it's even more efficient. It's perfect for going micro and taste (effects, goes w/o sayin ;))

@AJS Again, your simple advice really made it. Guys, check it out - it's insane and will open doors for newbies without frustration. Just count and rip. Easier learning curve - and you start at 80%. Master the rest :p

EDIT for pics:

This is a metric scale!
So around 3cm reducer total length
Ca. 2.2-2.3cm tapered part that goes into the mi bowl
Mi bowl total depth (in my particular unit) ca. 2.5cm

14mm rimmed screen around 1cm (or a lil less) away from bowl (it's that darker blurry part inside the reducer - as I said, it's kinda stuck in there)

ZwDQQLE.jpg

Doing a some super complex maths, the load itself would be approx. 1,5-1,8cm away from the heater screen (the bottom of the bowl) in my scenario.

0CoDrK1.jpg

ciQ9G0L.jpg

ciQ9G0L

Last edited:

AJS

Calm Consistency
Dude right!! All I want to do is post about this but I have to refrain lol. It's honesty not fair. I used to ride the heat on the 14s like I would every bowl I used. It's just not the best method with 14. Get the heater to temperature, and rip. So hard to combust with the increased distance, and the bowl is so small and compact you just extract everything in that quick pull. Really is amazing. You can also baby it too for some flavor hits.

I'm glad someone else agrees with this method, as it goes against how I've always used it lol. Right when you start off you get that instant vapor almost right when you start pulling and you can get a full cloud on a fresh green bowl so fast.

I did the 14mm bubbler wand directly on the Milaana dry, which is not how it's intended to be used ... It's supposed to connect to 2 stems to add extra cooling, mine was connected directly to a 14mm m2m...so it didn't get that added length. Makes for easier to handle more direct hits and great flavor, but I can see why @DDave didn't make that standard. The vapor is smooth going in, but it's a bit scratchier on the exhale. That added distance from his method really makes a huge difference.

Sometimes I just don't have the time to assemble the full wand, and the bubbler ontop of the 14mm m2m, dry or bubbly, is just really compact for the coolness that it offers. When I'm at home, I rarely ever use a stem. Always some sort of wand bubbler setup (never know what to call this damn thing). I'll use a 18mm ddave stem if / when I want a relaxing session style on the couch, the 14mm long stem when I want added cooling with the 14mm but don't feel like getting the ddave cooling setup out, and other than that I'm always using his bubbler and haven't touched my stock stems yet.

The d020-D hasn't been getting constant use either. I don't have a 14mm adapter for it and rarely feel like packing a full 18mm basket style bowl. Plus flavor and stuff. Yaknow. I know.

I showed my friend today who drove into town to pick something up (he just got a new rat, so cute, rip Ratty :( ) and he loved the 14mm. He's like, why would you pack anything other than that. Lol. He's still using his OG Milaana. He didn't get to use the wand setup because we were out and about but the stem works. Well.

The majority of my night is me pacing back and forth trying to figure out which way I want to use my Milaana. Life could be worse.

I'd imagine you had to horse it like crazy to get an even smaller tiny-centered hotspot...

Who you callin crazy :tinfoil::science:

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

And to think Mi was supposed to be 14mm when it was still in alpha... But 14mm supposedly didn't give an even heating... :p

It wasn't as much that as, general greater airflow, and getting screens to stay in place, easier to use the 18mm bc it was already all set up well for Zion. And now that I have the MistVape Touch beta, which is 14mm, I do prefer the 18mm RBT system, but they're both quite nice (Mist cut a ledge into the stem to make the basket screen stay btw) Standard glass connections are cool and convenient, with such pure flavor and easy cleaning. RBT even had a tiny 10mm unit at one point, maybe we will see that variation again some day...

Shannock

It's been a while since I posted here but want to drop in again, I received my unit in May as one of the international pre-orders,I had to send Mi back after about a month as the glass came out but since her return she has never really been out of daily use.

I had a slight heartbreaking drop of my green coloured short stem but have been loving both the long and short stock stems, I feel like I have found my sweet spot, quite similar to what has been described recently - a few seconds preheat (reduce as bowl continues) draw with button until you feel the vapor almost pouring over your tongue, let off but continue to draw until that flood vapor subsides, a quick stir and tamp and repeat!

I still can't finish a stem without a stir but really don't mind, I've found it fine for friends (hold the button until you taste it then let off but carry on drawing)
Only one person has combusted but we were fairly wasted at the time! The stem system really is the best for cleaning as it is the only thing that is in contact.

X5JyvWa.jpg

:peace:

Last edited:

natural farmer

Just click on the pic.

Great vid doc!

May I ask why the extra washer for?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom