Discontinued The RBT Milaana (unregulated single 18650)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GetLeft

My milaana arrived yesterday. Wasn't home to sign so picked it up at the PO on the way to work. Opened it up and it's a bueatiful piece of work. Not sure why I waited so long. Anyway, I haven't picked up batteries or charger yet. Maybe on the way home if I can locate something locally. Question: has anyone mentioned using the arizer air stock battery? Or the air itself as a charger for a milaana friendly battery?

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
On Sunday my gf left for a trip to Vermont, I sent my milaana with her because she really likes it. I get a text message Tuesday saying its not heating up at all!! We used Skype last night and it appears like everything is fine except no heat. She gets back Sunday so I will check the spring and make sure its not to compressed and lacking a connection.

Other then the spring what else should I check?

I hate to have send it in but I guess if I have no other option it will be packed up for shipping.

:peace:

Check the batteries before looking for hardware faults

My milaana arrived yesterday. Wasn't home to sign so picked it up at the PO on the way to work. Opened it up and it's a bueatiful piece of work. Not sure why I waited so long. Anyway, I haven't picked up batteries or charger yet. Maybe on the way home if I can locate something locally. Question: has anyone mentioned using the arizer air stock battery? Or the air itself as a charger for a milaana friendly battery?

Any vape store/ecig shop will have all you need. I recommend nitecore d2 or d4 charger. I'd get some local batteries for now, but grab the SONY VCT5s (or whatever they're called exactly) when you can

Last edited:

AJS

Calm Consistency
Other then the spring what else should I check?
You should check the trust of your girl! I think she's pulling something sneaky. You didn't call her friend hot did you? That'll get you a broken Milaana. (Joking obviously lol)

Sorry to hear about this :/
Make sure the copper is making contact, the spring is tight, and the battery is good. Seems that's all you can do.

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Afternoon all!

I know many of you have been asking me to make *SOMETHING* to protect the Milaana's power button from accidents in one's pocket. Fortunately a fellow FC member has loaned me his vape so I could finally prototype my idea.

A few late night vape sessions and prototype prints later, allow me to introduce the Milaana Button Cover
IMG_7664__26192.1478804277.1280.1280.JPG

I designed it out of my flexible rubber plastic material which allows for easy installation, but reinforced the button section so it cannot be pressed accidentally while in storage.

Questions? Comments? Concerns? I'm all ears

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
I've been giving this some thought lately as well. That looks stellar.

? is, will that slide vertically? Wonder if it would need to go more like a beer coazey to keep it from doing that and wrap around the bottom too?

This band will only slide on vertically from the bottom (pull up to cover the button). The button cap cover section has a solid bottom and a notched top to ensure the sleeve covers the button, but never falls off no matter what you do to it.

I can always make a larger version to cover the entire bottom of the vape if desired for added reinforcement and durability of the vape is that is requested or required. I have the profile of the vape in my system and its very easy to adjust the parameters as necessary.

Last edited by a moderator:

AJS

Calm Consistency
Afternoon all!

I know many of you have been asking me to make *SOMETHING* to protect the Milaana's power button from accidents in one's pocket. Fortunately a fellow FC member has loaned me his vape so I could finally prototype my idea.

A few late night vape sessions and prototype prints later, allow me to introduce the Milaana Button Cover
IMG_7664__26192.1478804277.1280.1280.JPG

I designed it out of my flexible rubber plastic material which allows for easy installation, but reinforced the button section so it cannot be pressed accidentally while in storage.

Questions? Comments? Concerns? I'm all ears
Exactly what I imagined when I messaged you months and months ago. Idk if you even remember that lol, must've been 6 months now.

Looks great man. Can it be held around the body when the Milaana is still in use? Or is it too odd feeling..?

Any chance it could put strain on the button itself?

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Exactly what I imagined when I messaged you months and months ago. Idk if you even remember that lol, must've been 6 months now.

:rockon: Lol I remember you and at least a dozen other's who've mentioned the same issue to me since this vape came out. This was the first solution that immediately came to my mind when I understood the problem and what was needed.

Looks great man. Can it be held around the body when the Milaana is still in use? Or is it too odd feeling..?

You can push it down out of the way and press the button. Although for passing around to friends, you'd probably want to remove it, and then reinstall from the top of the vape (all depends on personal preference)

Any chance it could put strain on the button itself?
Can't see how - the section containing and surrounding the button is slightly over-sized, and the walls are reinforced to prevent anything from pushing the button and activating the vape.

TheRobbo

Not wanting to detract from your stellar work @Ratchett, but I dont understand why @RastaBuddhaTao doesn't get a bunch of guitar pics and fit them as standard. It's pretty much fool proof and discreet and cant be removed without dismantling the copper tab so cant be lost. Also I like how it can act as a stand when folded out reducing the chance of getting the side of the unit dirty when layed down. Just my :2c:

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
I'm fine with the simplicity of the design and feel of the current design. I don't understand what all the uproar is about the button.

Take the battery out when not using it or cover the negative end of battery with a bit more wrap,leaving a smaller area where connection can be made.

I like the idea of a mechanical, sliding brass door/lid embedded into the wood or something if anything. Would fit the aesthetic imo. But I'm sure would be a huge pain to implement.

Similarly, this is not to detract from anyone's nice work for those who are less neurotic than I :)

GetLeft

Picked up what I needed to get going on the way home and gave this beautiful thing my first try a little while ago. Why the *** did I wait to pick this thing up? It's going to fit me to a tee. My nano is something special; every time I use it I fall in love all over again. And now I see already I'm going to really love this thing too. So for me I'm coming to the realization that it's all about the convection. If you love it you love it and I love it.

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
I should probably email RBT about this but figured to ask for opinions first...

I got a 3yr warranty model. Is there a way I can upgrade this for money? I'd pay for the piece of mind easily.

Alternatively, will the new wood models come w lifetimes? If so, it'd remove any doubts/guilt I have about wanting one

ZC

The most likely thing to go wrong (broken glass) isn't covered by warranty but is affordable to get fixed. Other than the glass there's not much that can go wrong with the Mi. I wouldn't worry about the warranty at all.

And as an owner of both -the Hopper does have its own few advantages and I do use it, but if I had to do it all over again I'd not have gotten the hopper.

GetLeft

Grasshopper would be purely portable..

Portable is a variable thing. Being able to vape on the move is part of the story. But being able to vape easily on the move is another. After using the milaana once, I'm seeing a wide open canvas. Herb in stem, stem in unit, battery in unit / stem out of unit, battery out of unit, done. That's pretty much as straight forward as it gets. I'm headed out for round two :)

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
Oh, without a doubt Milaana is easily portable. Especially so with this case I'm assembling (for my usage anyway) the hopper just looks much less conspicuous... Not implying less conspicuous = better. Just easier. Regardless I have had no issues so far walking around in a city or on a college campus using my Milaana with wood or glass shorty stems

Edit: @ZC how is the micro wood stem? I got a spalted maple stem already and a walnut m2m on the way from @Alan but may be interested in a short also. It seems like it'd be very hot/harsh. Care to comment (and provide more delicious pics?) :)

AJS

Calm Consistency
I don't understand what all the uproar is about the button.

When you accidentally sit on the button and catch your ass on fire you'll care lol!
Battery removal is just too much effort sometimes. I'm always very cautious where my button is facing, especially in travel because everything shifts around.

It depends on your life style. If you Milaana is on your table all day, you'll never even consider a safety. If you're out working and driving in jeans or what not, there's a lot of chances for pressure to be applied.
Hmm. 3yrs is definitely nice regardless, I suppose you're right. Buying a new unit it is. I was so close to sold on a Grasshopper but honestly I'd rather just have 2 of these lol
Luckily I don't have to make the decision, but I would probably prefer a spalted maple to the GH.
With that being said, if I had to get rid of my GH id be very sad. Always has a niche and is an amazing device.
Picked up what I needed to get going on the way home and gave this beautiful thing my first try a little while ago. Why the *** did I wait to pick this thing up? It's going to fit me to a tee. My nano is something special; every time I use it I fall in love all over again. And now I see already I'm going to really love this thing too. So for me I'm coming to the realization that it's all about the convection. If you love it you love it and I love it.

Have to agree with everything said here. Nano lovers hold a special bond, haha.
I'm hoping his new units are upping the craftsmanship on the Milaanas ... That's a huge quality of wood vapes. Not that my Milaana isn't well crafted, it just isn't sanded the smoothest and stuff like that.

In the end though, it all comes down to our enjoyment of convection, and having it instantly with this much power just truly isn't fair.

I dont really use 18mm stems much anymore unless I want a real chill session. Mostly using the 14s. Huge hits off crumbs .. I don't get it.

Edit: It's been weird trying to get used to the added distance that the 14mm has due to the reducer. Just tried, instead of riding the heat, giving a long preheat, about 4 seconds, and pulling harder than usual. Massive hit in like 5 seconds. Ridiculous ..

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Oh, without a doubt Milaana is easily portable. Especially so with this case I'm assembling (for my usage anyway) the hopper just looks much less conspicuous... Not implying less conspicuous = better. Just easier. Regardless I have had no issues so far walking around in a city or on a college campus using my Milaana with wood or glass shorty stems

Yeah I posted about using both Grasshopper and Milaana in the same various situations around the city (including walking around, in the car, in a movie theater, in a library...) giving the edge to the Milaana personally for reasons I won't spoil here, but ofcourse both have their pros and cons;)

Since one plain steel model was plenty for my needs I actually sold my second hopper to @AJS in fact, while I see myself owning many Milaanas, Zions, and whatever else RBT's crazy ass creates down the line...

Nice job @Ratchett, glad you've finally got your hands on one of these! Might you also be able to make something like the guitar pick mod in your own 3D printed plastic? I think I might be more interested in that actually, maybe an RBT triangle shape?

While you have the Milaana specs, how about some cases buddy?! If your Amish pals can whip up Milaana wallets for batteries and stems (maybe a larger model to include the Milaana itself why not) and a stirrer that would be fucking amazing dude!

Also stem/herb/avb dug outs... And hey what about that old stash stacker? :brow::p

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Nice job @Ratchett, glad you've finally got your hands on one of these! Might you also be able to make something like the guitar pick mod in your own 3D printed plastic? I think I might be more interested in that actually, maybe an RBT triangle shape?

You mind PM'ing me an idea of what you'd like to see this pic do? How would you like it to function? you want it to cover the whole brass clip like a sleeve perhaps?

While you have the Milaana specs, how about some cases buddy?! If your Amish pals can whip up Milaana wallets for batteries and stems (maybe a larger model to include the Milaana itself why not) and a stirrer that would be fucking amazing dude!

Lol, we can certainly discuss a leather case for this vape, although I'd need to establish the core items for the case - two preloaded stems + 1 battery slot (other battery stored inside vape) + doob tube slot + poker tool slot + ??

Also stem/herb/avb dug outs... And hey what about that old stash stacker? :brow::p

Trust me my friend, I still haven't forgotten about our stash stacker ( shhhhh :ninja: ) discussions. I keep circling back to it every few months actually :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom