Discontinued The RBT Milaana (unregulated single 18650)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BadDog No

Yeah, neither of these do much for me. Beside feeling incomplete they are kinda boring. That might be a lack of curves, but I can't really say.

I'm not a marketing guy so my feelings aren't based on anything, just feelings.

Yep, that's pretty much where I am...Inoffensive, but hardly riveting. Sorry, but you asked...

EDIT: Of course let's face it. Anything branded into wood looks cool. You could have a logo of the month limited edition...

Last edited:

RastaBuddhaTao

Manufacturer
The day FC doesn't give open and honest feedback is the day hell freezes over lol. Agreed these are early "stick figure" drawings of concepts and there proportions are off... The idea is to have the full logo available for T-shirts and big print opportunities.... The RastaBuddhaTao could even be compiled words of wisdom, the dots could be stones in a natural adaptation. Then for small print, branding and small smart phone friendly apps. So, the question is do we just use the triangle and dots or do we do the three people holding hands around the center triangle look to represent what a communal spirit RBT is creating? It's not changing the logo but rather simplifying it's inner triangle so it has the best look and feel burned into the wood... Small detail always gets lost in branding. So, is it a rounded triangle like they rang at chow time in the old west, is there dots? How do you extract the triangle from the full logo and make it say RBT culture?

You start sketching and I'll start burning :). Maybe we can get @VegNVape to make a contest outta this?

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
The day FC doesn't give open and honest feedback is the day hell freezes over lol. Agreed these are early "stick figure" drawings of concepts and there proportions are off... The idea is to have the full logo available for T-shirts and big print opportunities.... The RastaBuddhaTao could even be compiled words of wisdom, the dots could be stones in a natural adaptation. Then for small print, branding and small smart phone friendly apps. So, the question is do we just use the triangle and dots or do we do the three people holding hands around the center triangle look to represent what a communal spirit RBT is creating? It's not changing the logo but rather simplifying it's inner triangle so it has the best look and feel burned into the wood... Small detail always gets lost in branding. So, is it a rounded triangle like they rang at chow time in the old west, is there dots? How do you extract the triangle from the full logo and make it say RBT culture?

You start sketching and I'll start burning :). Maybe we can get @VegNVape to make a contest outta this?

I too would go for your current avatar. I find it perfect! Either with the swirl inside the triangle or just leave that blank. It has a lot of value of brand recognition. People know triangles and people know ying & yang (we just add yong :D) . I love the combined logo, it looks really cool and classy. I would stick to that, don't like the other ideas that much until now.
There's a whole bunch of us thinking the same... RBT swarm intelligence?:p

TheRobbo

I like the current avatar also! If its too complex for a branding iron, why not 2 irons ying&yang&yong on one and the triangle on the other. A little extra time to brand each unit but still worth it I think!

RastaBuddhaTao

Manufacturer
Thanks for the logo feedback... @RBTCustomerService likes the current logo, we are just looking to see what adaptations of it look like to optimize it to best stand out in the flood of vaporizers hitting the market. We also want a look that communes with the geometry of the unit when branded. RBT has exhausted the FC market and needs to gain commercial appeal in order to be sustainable. Unfortunately that means marketing and sales... And I suck at both.

A realize when I go to music festivals that very few people vape... And new users are pensive about using one. The RBT tag line needs to educate the consumer on the health and efficiency of vaporizing as well as give insight into the RBT tech. Remember, the slogan isn't aimed at elite FC vaporist but rather people looking to FC. It's not vaporizer companies that need to compete but rather the industry working to FC. What would you say to a friend in a word or two to convince them to FC?

Vape for your Life!

Last edited:

Tommy10

Lost my long stem first day! Friend found it at his, will have it for the weekend! Yayyyy.

Also I prefer the current logo, all others I saw look pretty ugly to me, current one is Schmick.

Potential money in charging extra $ for the current logo brand. I'd pay another $10 for that over some of the other logo ideas.

hippogriff

another quick study on the existing logo - I tried messing around w/ it at different thicknesses, not worth showing, it needs the balance:

1qds6eH.jpg

p.s. hey mods, imgur doesn't appear to give bb code anymore, at least not for single images anyway. And the image button doesn seem to work.

Last edited:

RastaBuddhaTao

Manufacturer
I'd say "Taste this!" and hand them my Milaana :brow:
But what if he holds the button down for 15 seconds and scorches the load? Those of us who took to unregulated convection take for granted that it is difficult for many people. Most assume temperature control and draw restriction to "put them in good vapor". What if he says.... "Ah, seems complicated, smoking is much easier."

How does the vaporizer industry market healthy, efficient, rapid extraction of essential oils as an alternative to smoking?

Healthy Efficient Herbal Extraction? HeHe

How do we draw them into our "strange" world?

https://twitter.com/rastabuddhatao/status/786281320066473984

MonkeyTime

But what if he holds the button down for 15 seconds and scorches the load? Those of us who took to unregulated convection take for granted that it is difficult for many people. Most assume temperature control and draw restriction to "put them in good vapor". What if he says.... "Ah, seems complicated, smoking is much easier."

How does the vaporizer industry market healthy, efficient, rapid extraction of essential oils as an alternative to smoking?

Healthy Efficient Herbal Extraction? HeHe

How do we draw them into our "strange" world?

https://twitter.com/rastabuddhatao/status/786281320066473984

The one thing that I keep feeling whenever I see the triangle w/out the circle is nuclear waste. The triangle inside triangle like you posted on Twitter looks like a radioactive symbol to me, a message I don't want to send or explain!

Just my 2 :2c:

RastaBuddhaTao

Manufacturer
The one thing that I keep feeling whenever I see the triangle w/out the circle is nuclear waste. The triangle inside triangle like you posted on Twitter looks like a radioactive symbol to me, a message I don't want to send or explain!

Just my 2 :2c:

Well, word on the street is that it's quite lethal lol.

Explanation is three people synergistically synthesizing RBT tech... I like to think of it as more of a recycling vibe. Look close, it is the center of the greater logo.

Problems are many, who has a solution?

OyVape

Re attracting new customers, whatever happened to the plan of making the Milaana a no-frills, $100 TOPS entry level vape?

Personally I don't think it is entry-level because of the learning curve, but but at least the price needs to be entry level. Until they realize from experience how much more efficient vaping is, It's easy for them to say "I'll just smoke it. Why spend so much money? "

RastaBuddhaTao

Manufacturer
Re attracting new customers, whatever happened to the plan of making the Milaana a no-frills, $100 TOPS entry level vape?

Personally I don't think it is entry-level because of the learning curve, but but at least the price needs to be entry level. Until they realize from experience how much more efficient vaping is, It's easy for them to say "I'll just smoke it. Why spend so much money? "
$100 all day long if we slow boat them from China... I think you looking for a commodity conduction vape my friend... Or sit on the sidelines until word gets out and volume climbs to sustainable levels. You definitely won't like the $249 price on the choice of wood and glass color coming up ;)

I'll bite, where would You value price this vape? MF is $129, Solo is $150, and all the commercial vapes are $269 for this years model and $229 for last years model. So what is the Mi worth? Everyone likes a deal but where does everyone think Mi should be priced? Should I go to China with it, price it at $99 and call it a day?

These are the questions I ponder daily so any input from the existing customer base is valuable. Someone order 1,000 and we can talk deep discounts lol.

Last edited:

RastaBuddhaTao

Manufacturer
Does the milaana run any risks of getting a short ? Since this is unregulated
Unregulated refers to the heater being hooked directly to the battery with no electronics regulating the voltage. So, as the battery drains voltage drops and so does the wattage. This is why you need to sense the vapor and Milaana "modulate" the button accordingly. Each unit is run through a burn-in test at final inspection that catches any soft short but the design prevents and hard shorting of the battery. This is a great question as it is the hard short (rapid discharge) that creates the dangerous battery conditions.

stinkytofus

Unregulated refers to the heater being hooked directly to the battery with no electronics regulating the voltage. So, as the battery drains voltage drops and so does the wattage. This is why you need to sense the vapor and Milaana "modulate" the button accordingly. Each unit is run through a burn-in test at final inspection that catches any soft short but the design prevents and hard shorting of the battery. This is a great question as it is the hard short (rapid discharge) that creates the dangerous battery conditions.
So unlike mechanical ecigs i dont have to worry about cleaning certain parts or forgetting something that can lead to a short and potential bad day

im planning to purhase a milaana or zion, which do u recommend ?

Do both work with 18mm bubblers ? Do i need an adaptor ?

If i buy used from here, does warranty transfer ?

stinkytofus,

Shannock

$100 all day long if we slow boat them from China... I think you looking for a commodity conduction vape my friend... Or sit on the sidelines until word gets out and volume climbs to sustainable levels. You definitely won't like the $249 price on the choice of wood and glass color coming up ;)

I'll bite, where would You value price this vape? MF is $129, Solo is $150, and all the commercial vapes are $269 for this years model and $229 for last years model. So what is the Mi worth? Everyone likes a deal but where does everyone think Mi should be priced? Should I go to China with it, price it at $99 and call it a day?

These are the questions I ponder daily so any input from the existing customer base is valuable. Someone order 1,000 and we can talk deep discounts lol.

Justifying price point decisions is an argument that can't be won, obviously I wish I could have purchased all my vaporizers for a tenner! I think a niche market will always be more expensive but look at what you get - Craftsmanship is not cheap.

Btw $249 for other wood/glass sounds more than reasonable - look at Log vape setup where every option has it's own price dependent on the value of the wood blank.

:peace:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom