Discontinued The RBT Milaana (unregulated single 18650)

Status
Not open for further replies.

creationdivine

I can't recall exactly what or whose post led me to this vape, but I purchased it on Friday after only gathering information for about an hour. That's a first. My VAS is seemingly accelerating beyond my control. Really showing its prominence this year. I told my lady shamefully that it only gets worse from here. Thankfully she likes to play with my toys.

I am beyond pumped to try this little ripper out! With this and the FF2 coming to my doorstep within the coming days, my dreams consist of convection vapor bliss. Extensive research will soon commence. Until then!

edit: punctuation

Last edited:

thekarmawhore

Anybody ever lose their Milaana, or Zion, because you got so damn baked and put it down somewhere werid and later couldn't remember where you put it, so you run all around the house in an ever increasing panic until you somehow stumble upon it and think to yourself 'That was a damn stupid place to put it'? yeah, me neither :uhoh:

YungLeaner

Wellllll @Bravesst having a production heater Zion led me to selling my Evo (which i got when i was in Zion withdrawal) soooo I would absolutely get a second Milaana, a Zion, and whatever crazy stuff RBT cooks up in the future before I got an Evo again. Great vape, but not necessary imo :2c:

I will be testing @Ratchett's RBT screen prototype soon, but I would recommend getting a bunch from RBT either way, good to have and they're very durable, really great basket screens imo. For a case, try a digital camera clam shell
IMO the RBT vape lineup shunts quite a few vapes into a different market niche. The Evo (to me) occupies a similar space to the Sublimator, if the latter wasn't a dead company. Hard hitting convection desktop with a tinge of conduction for some of the fattest clouds around. It's not instant on, though, and I would trade my Evo for a Zion in a second. BTW, PM shortly incoming! Finishing up finals work for the week and then we'll hang out and see if the Milaana can embarrass my Herbalizer. My guess is that my wallet will be losing a decent Chunk to Puff It Up shortly thereafter.

Oogendoogan

Ok so just bought 6 basket screens from the RBT site. Also got the d2 charger and 2 extra batteries. Got the batteries and charger from vape society. Got Sony 2100mAH 30a batteries for 10.99 free shipping. And the charger was 15.99. Wish there was a cheaper source for good screens but I'm glad that I will have a good amount for now. Can't wait for this thing. Ordered one week ago on Sunday so hopefully I will get it this week? It's great watching all the pics and videos guys! Keep them up its holding me over till my Mi arrives ;)
Cheers everyone, stay vaped.

Hey @charchol !! You asked for my name and I was so vaked I just posted it in here lol. It has since been pm'd. Hope to hear back soon :)

bounce5

IMO the RBT vape lineup shunts quite a few vapes into a different market niche. The Evo (to me) occupies a similar space to the Sublimator, if the latter wasn't a dead company. Hard hitting convection desktop with a tinge of conduction for some of the fattest clouds around. It's not instant on, though, and I would trade my Evo for a Zion in a second. BTW, PM shortly incoming! Finishing up finals work for the week and then we'll hang out and see if the Milaana can embarrass my Herbalizer. My guess is that my wallet will be losing a decent Chunk to Puff It Up shortly thereafter.

Happy 420 messages! It was in @wakeandvapes 's video too. I keep seeing it!

AJS

Calm Consistency
Anyone know if the grasshopper silicone cap will fit around the Milaana stem? Will make it easily mateable to water if possible.

Just did a side by side comparison of Milaana vs E Nano. E Nano is obviously way prettier, way more consistent, and all around much easier to work with. The consistency truly needs to be emphasized, as that's huge for a lot of people who want very consistent results.
Milaana is all around just more powerful. No cords, more airflow, and the clouds are significantly thicker. The Nano may have it beat in taste, but the fact that the Milaana can pretty much keep up in terms of flavor is pretty impressive.

Despite not owning a Nano anymore, it'll always be one of my most favorite vapes. Really is just so impressive, but the Milaana is so similar, without the cords or the heatup, but sacrifices beauty and consistency for power and mobility.

Nssl

Anyone know if the grasshopper silicone cap will fit around the Milaana stem? Will make it easily mateable to water if possible.

Just did a side by side comparison of Milaana vs E Nano. E Nano is obviously way prettier, way more consistent, and all around much easier to work with. The consistency truly needs to be emphasized, as that's huge for a lot of people who want very consistent results.
Milaana is all around just more powerful. No cords, more airflow, and the clouds are significantly thicker. The Nano may have it beat in taste, but the fact that the Milaana can pretty much keep up in terms of flavor is pretty impressive.

Despite not owning a Nano anymore, it'll always be one of my most favorite vapes. Really is just so impressive, but the Milaana is so similar, without the cords or the heatup, but sacrifices beauty and consistency for power and mobility.
Fits pretty good
2MOI0nd.jpg

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Do keep in mind that it really isn't fair to compare Milaana to the E Nano or the Evo. You really should be comparing Zion. Would E Nano still win on consistency or ease of use? :)

AJS

Calm Consistency
Fits pretty good
2MOI0nd.jpg
Wow! Awesome! May need to buy the silicone. ....or just a grasshopper. :lol:
Will this mate to both a 14 and 18?

Do keep in mind that it really isn't fair to compare Milaana to the E Nano or the Evo. You really should be comparing Zion. Would E Nano still win on consistency or ease of use? :)
That is true. The Nano would still be hands free. Would be a hard choice and I'll only know once I have my Zion. Zion should out power though for sure...

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
The name of this site is FUCK Combustion. Don't worry about censoring the B word. ;)

Do you have any vapor resin built up on the stem yet? That always seems to help me seat screens in glass. The prep work is enjoyable, too.

:peace:

I curse like a sailor and knew censoring wasn't required for the word...but it's turning into a limited use word to me...the resin is the only thing helping it stick, but it has to build up first.

Screens are the one struggle I have with Bam Bam and Venus. They work OK for me in RBT's stems, but in all my adapters and other stems/mouthpieces I have had difficulty finding screens that seat well without moving. It's manageable, but not simple. For me.

Thats exactly it...and bending the edges out doesnt help because once it goes into the opening of the male joint...it bends out of shape again. Quite the task.

@bounce5 your awesome! :cheers:

little maggie

Other than the GH one, are people making their own silicone stems or tips and if so how? I'm having trouble with shaking hands so if it takes any coordination I won't be able to do it.

little maggie,

AJS

Calm Consistency
Other than the GH one, are people making their own silicone stems or tips and if so how? I'm having trouble with shaking hands so if it takes any coordination I won't be able to do it.
The silicone on an e nano stem slides directly over the Milaana stem, leave half of it exposed and slide it into your bubbler.
You can probably buy some silicone online.

Nssl

The silicone on an e nano stem slides directly over the Milaana stem, leave half of it exposed and slide it into your bubbler.
You can probably buy some silicone online.
This is exactly what I've been doing. Works great

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I curse like a sailor and knew censoring wasn't required for the word...but it's turning into a limited use word to me...the resin is the only thing helping it stick, but it has to build up first.

Thats exactly it...and bending the edges out doesnt help because once it goes into the opening of the male joint...it bends out of shape again. Quite the task.

@bounce5 your awesome! :cheers:

Have you tried using screens basket style? May not be able to load quite as much though...

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Ive tried them both ways...basket is with the cup of the screen facing the end of the straw right?

Yeah, where you fill the basket with herbs vs packing on the flat screen in glass tube. There could be variation in your glass stems, or maybe the screens themselves... Maybe others would be better?

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Wellllll @Bravesst having a production heater Zion led me to selling my Evo (which i got when i was in Zion withdrawal) soooo I would absolutely get a second Milaana, a Zion, and whatever crazy stuff RBT cooks up in the future before I got an Evo again. Great vape, but not necessary imo

I would jump on Zion now, but will I actually get one in the foreseeable future? I refuse to wait years, months, or even weeks. Rather buy and receive vs buy and wait, takes the fun out if it for me. Hopefully, this will happen soon: http://www.planetvape.ca/zion-vaporizer.html :huh:

On another note...
Draw technique improving daily. Fully charged battery, no chance of popcorn or combustion with proper pull. My *regulation* is controlled by suction and the dozen variables that go into that.

No need to feather, count (except be sure to give it 5 or 10 secs), just press and pull. Battery life might decrease, but I haven't found it to matter much, still getting 4 chambers, more if I made battery preservation my goal vs best hit possible.

Stem rotation to align intake to hit green reduces need to stir. I still like to squeeze out every drop, and a stir or two helps, but not critical if you load light and rotate intelligently.

That brings to mind a question. Is battery life totally dependent on time of button depression, or does draw strength *pull* more (or less) current, thus effecting battery life? That seems to be my experience, but still too early to tell. I must get back to testing...

Last edited:

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
I mentioned this before, but nobody commented on it. I suspect that the people who are having combustion events might be packing too tightly and drawing too hard.
Tamping with laod about a quarter inch from oven, with factory screen placement. Using a wooden dowel to tamp in place after a medium shred, and nice drying of heb, can't seem to combust anymore. Thanks @pakalolo for awesome feedback. Tamp kinda tight, enoough to keep load in place, but DO NOT crush it in there.

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
You can try forming your own screens, but not worth the hassle in my opinion. RBT is probably the only place you'll find this size. I plan on picking up a bag of six when I get notification on my Zion.

@Ratchett has designed a screen making tool, but think it only works to create nano sized screens (smaller) right now. Pretty sure he is going to make an attachment that will create RBT sized screens if it isn't available already. Check it out here, with more info further down the thread. Be sure to catch @Stu 's video a page or two from this. It is really simple to use!

Other than that, just make sure the 18mm GonGs for the Mi end are US, not ISO. 22mm long is what you want, not 26mm.

You are correct! I've actually finished a new RBT screen press design, and holding a bunch of prototype pressed screens for the Milaana. Hopefully they're a perfect fit! Once I get confirmation from some RBT owners that my screens fit, I'll be publishing a basket screen press to my store.

Hopefully I'll have that basket screen press finalized and published to my store before the end of this month

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom