Discontinued The RBT Milaana (unregulated single 18650)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrkrab

@TheRobbo- :lol: I'll keep that in my mind. When I adjusted the price from CAD to USD, the price (before it goes up on planetvape) is actually the same, with the free shipping from PV offsetting the difference.

@hippogriff- Thank you for that very detailed reply. I have not even held my FW3 yet, but I already feel like I'm a seasoned veteran with the technique from reading everyones tips. I hope the learning curve is not as bad as some are making it seem. I will take you up on your offer if I am not getting satisfactory results.

Ultimately I decided I would rather add a GH to my collection than another similar (although far more powerful) wooden portable. It looks like I will be waiting a while as I want it shipped soon after I place my order. My hope is that in the meantime they can get their quality control issues ironed out. If for some reason I am not happy with the FW3, I will most likely sell it and grab the Milaana.

AJS

Calm Consistency
Lot of fw3 comparisons!
Now that the ff2 has come out, can anyone make any comparisons between the two? There's a few obvious differences that anyone could point out, but some nice personal comparisons would be pretty killer. Not sure if anyone has both a ff2 and Mi though...

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Got to jump on it @NinjaMindTriks im puffing away on mine right now it's bliss :ko: sorry to rub it in to those who have yet to get there's, was in the same position a while back buts it's so worth the wait guys, worth every hour, day, or month wait :nod:.

I'm using ground OG right now I love the taste but is this vape better with a rip, stuff and plug technique?

I actually have more luck with a grind, but both are definitely doable, I need to experiment more with nugs and chunky finger grinds...

Lot of fw3 comparisons!
Now that the ff2 has come out, can anyone make any comparisons between the two? There's a few obvious differences that anyone could point out, but some nice personal comparisons would be pretty killer. Not sure if anyone has both a ff2 and Mi though...

Given what I know about FF2, and its similarities to FF1, Milaana blows it away for performance, speed, taste, stirring (general more even extraction), imo higher vapor quality and longer battery life as well, and so so much cheaper. FF has that cool techy neo pipe feel though, its self contained, and now temp settings of some kind, but I like the Milaana style better now, smaller and more stealthy in use at least in my experience despite the pros and cons of glass stems.

So the Mountain glass stems arrived today. Got black, blue, and amber. Same length as stock stems, and the joint fitment is precise, no wobble . Need to send a few of these across the ocean, and a few to shits also

* fuck stirring, pack less.

Ah more glass stems! Fantastic news dude, let's PM to discuss (now just need someone who can cut glass shorter too...)

Also looks like due to computer issues the sale is staying open through the weekend, so if anyone is still holding out you should have til Sunday night to decide now... A little 11th hour bonus like kept happening with past pre orders

Last edited:

AJS

Calm Consistency
Given what I know about FF2, and its similarities to FF1, Milaana blows it away for performance, speed, taste, stirring (general more even extraction), imo higher vapor quality andoger battery life as well, and so so much cheaper. FF has that cool techy neo pipe feel though and now temp settings of some kind, but I like the Milaana style better now, more stealthy at least in my experience despite the pros and cons of glass stems.
I imagined so as well...
Hmm... Seems the vapor quality of ff2 is pretty top notch though, and while it may not be a cloud blower like the Mi, it seems the end result will be pretty similar. Also that flavor has got to be pristine. Maybe more consistency now with the faster heatup and set temps? The Milaana glides through multiple temperatures until it reaches the desired, but the ff2 lets you know once it's at the desired temp already. Not sure how accurate that reader is though.

AJS,

little maggie

So the Mountain glass stems arrived today. Got black, blue, and amber. Same length as stock stems, and the joint fitment is precise, no wobble . Need to send a few of these across the ocean, and a few to shits also

* fuck stirring, pack less.
Where did you get the stems? I just got some stems from RBT but given how good I am at breaking glass it would be nice to have some backups.

Shit Snacks

I imagined so as well...
Hmm... Seems the vapor quality of ff2 is pretty top notch though, and while it may not be a cloud blower like the Mi, it seems the end result will be pretty similar. Also that flavor has got to be pristine. Maybe more consistency now with the faster heatup and set temps? The Milaana glides through multiple temperatures until it reaches the desired, but the ff2 lets you know once it's at the desired temp already. Not sure how accurate that reader is though.

Yeah I can't say how the new temps change things, maybe better control and less stirring, but still a wider bowl than these stems, and vapor path is just not as pure imo (some silicone and plastic) so I would actually be surprised if it tasted any better than Milaana (if you know how to control you Mi temp). Also much more wide open airflow here vs FF

Gonna try and shorten a few of my stems with a tile saw, and then I will try to shorten a few with the dremel. Flame polishing with the turbo torch is the easy part. I think water cooling and steady hands are the key, and safety glasses!

Oh nice! If it goes well maybe you can shorten one (or even both) of mine too? Let me/us know how it goes and good luck! :tup:

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: Derrrpp

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
Where did you get the stems? I just got some stems from RBT but given how good I am at breaking glass it would be nice to have some backups.

Pretty sure these stems are from here.

Pic of one of the colors I'm probably going to grab

media.nl

Anyone who has already purchased, is my shipping really going to be as high as the estimate? Like $17 for 6 stems?

EDIT:
Placed my order. Shipping dropped to about $9 for USPS Priority. Fair enough I guess. 6 stems were $11, so all together I'm getting 1/2 dozen in assorted colors for $20. Can't really complain about that!

Last edited:

GTAVaper

Well it looks like "Oh My Mi" (name I'm leaning towards most for my Milaana :) - also a somewhat meditative acronym "OMM" :whoa:) didn't make it to her new home this weekend like I was hoping :(

I also couldn't find any shipping notice under any of my PayPal payments and no address confirmation email.

However, I did get an acknowledgement email from Ryan awhile back after sending an email to RBT as a reminder that the three separate PayPal orders should be shipped together - so I'm probably getting anxious for nothing :uhoh:

But then again, I am also wondering if I might get a phone call from German customs someday soon with some dude speaking broken English saying, "Ja, Ja, Vee have your Milaana - Eess Verry, Verry Gut! Vee keep this vun - Ja?" :shrug: :D

Oh well - maybe before next weekend hopefully. At least my new Supreme is keeping me happy!
That thing is a beast! :o

Last edited:

Vape Dr.

@TheDudeNextDoor Here are a some pics of a few of my various favorite stems and M2M adapters.

Surprisingly I never tried the long stem.

I find the silicone on the tip makes for a perfect seal. I also figured an easier way to do it.

Wrap the surgical silicone around the stem like this.

I am using 2 wooden dowl rods from Alan for my HIs but a chopstick will work perfect.
DO NOT USE METAL RODS. This should go without saying but.....:uhoh:
Get the large screen forming rod or chopstick and fold the silicone into the tip.

Poke down the other side of the silicone and work around the center hole.

Then use a smaller diameter dowl or a chop stick to get it in there perfect.

Finished product.

This system works incredible! IMO it works just as good if not better than a M2M adapter. First, you know you have the correct stem that will definitely work with the Milaana. Second, it took me all of less than a minute to make.

I also tried using this with a 14mm & 18mm male glass pipe and although it doesn't seal into a "pocket" like the 18mm female it creates a seal good enough to use.

Here is how well the silicone tip on the end of a stock stem seals.
If your uncertain how well it seals, this should make you a believer.:cool:

@little maggie Maybe this will help keep your stems from breaking as well!
I dropped a short stem with the silicone tip on it from 4 feet on to a wooden floor and it just bounced.
I'm not saying to do this, but I tested it for you.:)
Since you can't be trusted with glass stems!:D I am just kidding Maggie!!!
:science:

Last edited:

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
The stock screens screens fit perfectly into the air intake cutout. I used a dremel sanding tool and just took a little off one side. It looks so much nicer without the mesh showing.
s6N0Ik7h.jpg

pRbrVLc.jpg

Screen looks great!! Nice tip.

But, that has got to be the highest female glass I've seen on a Milaana. Did you just receive it? Just trying to figure out what the final retail ones are going to look like.

Nssl

But, that has got to be the highest female glass I've seen on a Milaana. Did you just receive it? Just trying to figure out what the final retail ones are going to look like.
Yeah I just got it on Friday. It's the second one I ordered. The glass barely comes above the wood on my original but the overall finish is much better on the newer one

Zangano Cruel

IG zan.cru (code) zancru (5% NV checkout discount)

Hola FC again:
I think that's an old batch like mine, and yes, that's the highest glued female I ever seen in a Milaana.
I was wondering if @Nssl detached the 18F heater glass from the wood body to set the new screen??,
but then I saw the big amount of glue/epoxy on the photo and I'm assuming that's kind of hard, right??
You can tell in the first picture the amount of whiteish glue/epoxy between the glass and the wood body.
That's what it's keeping it, so on top of the wood body IMO. Mine came, just barely glued under the rim of the 18F glass heater and the top of the wood body , nothing down the middle of it like that first photo. And in mine was transparent glue/epoxy and kind of in the brittle side.
Am I wrong???
I'm still sticking to cotton as an air intake screen. I'm guessing that in the long term run and function of the heater, less dust and debris will flow down to get caught in between the glass and the wood body, and less dust and debris will ever arrive to the heater and create problems in the future. Just my :2c:
Stay vaped my friends...

@Nssl beat me to it...
My mistake, 1st photo is the new one, 2nd photo is the same as my batch, but modded with a SS provided basket, am I right now???

Edit 2:
I'm 2nd guessing too much, or I'm too stoned, is that just a light effect on the 18F glass or is it plain glue/epoxy?? I can see the same white shade in both Milaana batches???
Sorry for the guessing...

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Both of my pics are the same milaana. My first one had the clear epoxy too and the newer one is white so there is definitely a different glue being used now.

Not as far as I know, new one should be more recessed too, its hard to know when it was built vs when it was sent, I think planetvape will have the most finalized version, the retial model essentially. Either way nice to see, every Mi has been a little different so far, a personal touch

Moe_

Not as far as I know, new one should be more recessed too, its hard to know when it was built vs when it was sent, I think planetvape will have the most finalized version, the retial model essentially. Either way nice to see, every Mi has been a little different so far, a personal touch
Not so much a personal touch as it is ever changing and evolving quality control as well as design changes.

Zangano Cruel

IG zan.cru (code) zancru (5% NV checkout discount)
Both of my pics are the same milaana. My first one had the clear epoxy too and the newer one is white so there is definitely a different glue being used now.
Amazing, I'm too stoned thanks to Milanesa and Rey EVO, lighting and camera angles played mind tricks on me, after looking closer to the photos, I can see it's the same Milaana, wood patterns and grain can't be fooled, nature is great...
If I blow up the photo, I can see the same transparent glue/epoxy under the rim, right??

Zangano Cruel,
Reactions: flotntoke
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom