Discontinued The RBT Milaana (unregulated single 18650)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Also, regarding leaving batteries in during transport, I saw a vid a couple pages back where the person in it uses a piece of paper between the battery and the top metal piece to block contact. Seems like a good easy way to prevent accidental on's
I have seen that mentioned as well, and it would probably be fine, but I would tend to use something a little thicker than a piece of paper (or at least folded twice or plasticized). I think someone is using a cut down guitar pick (Vape Doc I think) which is probably a better choice. The single sheet of paper is probably fine, but for me my ocd would kick in... ;)

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
I really freaking hope I get mine this week, and could selling a couple vapes and ordering a Zion be in my future?? Probably..

how do you clean yours? Just an Iso wash I assume? I'm just wondering because I plan on using this as my primary vape and I usually go through a similar amount of herb. Cleaning screens could save me quite a bit of money.

I use a chopstick to take out the screen and hold and torch with a super high powered torch and re insert daily. Maybe every other day if i am lazy. 2 grams or more through each stem per day. Takes around 1.5 minutes total to torch and re insert two screens.

Then around every third screen burn i will use some hot water and paper towel on the glass. Taking screens in and out pushes the vapor honey. add hot water and its decently clean.

Then once every three weeks or a month i will soak the whole thing plus screens in ISO and get it 100% clean. I rotate one short and one long stem.

Oogendoogan

I use a chopstick to take out the screen and hold and torch with a super high powered torch and re insert daily. Maybe every other day if i am lazy. 2 grams or more through each stem per day. Takes around 1.5 minutes total to torch and re insert two screens.

Then around every third screen burn i will use some hot water and paper towel on the glass. Taking screens in and out pushes the vapor honey. add hot water and its decently clean.

Then once every three weeks or a month i will soak the whole thing plus screens in ISO and get it 100% clean. I rotate one short and one long stem.
Right on man. Thank you for the very useful and well put together post :) i will start cleaning this way. Do you save reclaim at all? Usually I just scrape what I can from my vapes and use that as "wand hash" it sounds like you probably build up a lot of the stuff as do I lol. Maybe you could give me some advice on how you save that with the Mi as well? Thanks again.
Cheers.

Vape Dr.

Hell again!:wave: I'm back with another super low budget water pipe adapter.

DIY Milaana WPA using the stock stems for $2.00 that anyone can do!:tup:

I was on my way home from the P.O. and stopped in my local sears hardware and walked around all vaped to see what I could find.

I came across these silicone connectors.
They are battery clamp covers and come in many sizes in black or red.

The two I purchased were the smaller of the them all.
Small one was $2 the little bigger one was $3.
You can see the small one has a lip on the inside, This is the one that works!

As you can see, the silicone cover slides right over top of the stock mouthpiece very secure. I even added weight for the hell of it to see if it stayed snug. It sure did.

The silicone WPA will work in most all waterpipes but can be also trimmed if necessary for a perfect fit!:)

This is super simple, works great, and is only $2!

***I would soak the silicone in coconut milk or at least ISO before using as I always do***

I found that this adapter is pretty close to Ratchetts Song and fits many other applications too because of the taper. It works on 18mm, 14mm, and possibly even 10mm female glass.

:peace:

:science:

Last edited:

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
That's a tricky question to answer but I would say yes: the hotter the heater gets, the higher its internal resistance rises (being SS the coef is positive) So if you hit the trigger without drawing, temperature will, rise, resistance will rise, voltage will then drop more across the load and Ohm's law tells us the amps will decrease, in turn lowering the power output.

Now if you remove enough of that heat by drawing, it will cool the heater a bit (good luck cooling it really though! :p) and one could argue that it should allow to output more Watts and thus drain the battery quicker.

That effect would be with a stable voltage power source though. With our battery cells we have the voltage sag to take into account, and the sag will be lower when the load becomes lighter (due to higher resistance) so in some way it must counter-balance the above effect some...hm... :sherlock:
Thank you

Bravesst,
Reactions: KeroZen

hippogriff

Currently on a mini-T-break, as I'm overdue and I'm trying to get my head around so much good stuff. Plan is still to start each week w a t-break, then a different vape, to appreciate and maybe pair down my collection. Lineup is Grasshopper, Firewood 3, Milaana, and a handful of Absolute Xtract & Gold Drop cartridges - 6 mos ago all I had to work w was an FM Mini, crazy.

No doubts that Milaana is the most powerful of the lot, and this week's test subject is... still my Milaana, Pascal. For the very important reason that I just got shipping notice from Oregonglassblower and a new short stem w a bend and a new male jointed j-hook are on the way! Can't wait! (and a Crafty cooling unit on order for next week's Firewood testing, tho the Firewood is probably the most redundant in my collection due to Milaana having similar/stronger, I'm attached to it)

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
I've gotten some loads very dark brown and thoroughly extracted without any charring (not even 10% combustion!)

If you are not getting at least 15% combustion, you are doing it wrong! :rofl:

(sorry that joke is getting old but it was hard not to pass it!)

@Vape Dr.: you have a human bone on the floor of your room dude, you should really clean your mess! :D

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Right on man. Thank you for the very useful and well put together post :) i will start cleaning this way. Do you save reclaim at all? Usually I just scrape what I can from my vapes and use that as "wand hash" it sounds like you probably build up a lot of the stuff as do I lol. Maybe you could give me some advice on how you save that with the Mi as well? Thanks again.
Cheers.

Honestly i do not save it. I have a good situation with concentrates already

bounce5

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
Also, regarding leaving batteries in during transport, I saw a vid a couple pages back where the person in it uses a piece of paper between the battery and the top metal piece to block contact. Seems like a good easy way to prevent accidental on's
Works extremly well. The guiar pick is a permanent solution...a peice of paper will sufice and is much better than suffering througb a bad burn...imo at least.

Also the thickness of the paper doesnt matter...it worked with a napkin too.

bukster

yeah hermanos :(... take care of your Mi, I would not recommend storing it with the battery in it... :cry: in any way...

I left it unattended (but "safe" in a pouch, that's what I foolly thought) for 4-6 minutes :bang: just to greet my Madresanta (I was visiting) by the time I got back it was scorching hot (lightly burned myself as I hurried to take the battery out), charred, and smoking ... the hemp pouch got burned and so did the other pouch... incredibly the Mi heater's still working but has a nasty smoke odor (that really ruins the whole thing) and those charred marks (maybe I'll post some sad pictures)

well just to emphasize on the taking care of the button (it can be half pressed), put the paper, guitar pick, or take the battery out when storing even for a while... :shit: does happens ( and who knows what might have happend if I didn't get back that quickly) :ugh: and really wish that this does not happen to any other Mi's out there :tinfoil: sorry for the long post, still feeling pretty sad about my Mi...

saludos! :peace:

Oogendoogan

Honestly i do not save it. I have a good situation with concentrates already
Word that's exactly why I need to move back to California. Finding good concentrates in pa can be hard lol. the wand hash I get from my SSV, though it doesn't taste good, really does kick my ass lol. I'm sure with the short stems on the Milaana it will be quite easy to collect :) thanks again!

Last edited:

TheRobbo

Word that's exactly why I need to move back to California. Finding good concentrates in pa can be hard lol. the wand hash I get from my SSV, though it doesn't taste good, really does kick my ass lol. I'm sure with the short stems on the Milaana it will be quite easy to collect :) thanks again!

There are a few posts in this thread cant remember who said but there was at least one guy who just pushed his screen all the way through the stem to collect all the honey and bits then put the screen right up against the heater lean on the power and hit the shit out of it :science: got a couple/few fat tokes...

I like this idea three birds with one stone clean the stem clean the screen and get stoned all in under 5 mins :tup:

anasrzi

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=221777840893

This is the case I've brought for Mi, should fit pretty tight which is what I want, but tight to keep everything from jingling about to much :).

Length - 10cm
Width - 6.5cm
Diameter - 3.5cm

These are slighty rounded up @bounce5 and don't include the stems but do include the button for the width and the copper/screw part on the length, hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom